PDA

View Full Version : Official bye week thread: Hate on thy NFC North neighbor

MadtownPacker
10-14-2006, 09:28 PM
No Packer game usually means no stress but that is 10X as true this season and last. The Pack let one slip away against the Rams and while they have to sit and think about that we should do something constructive... like root for the other NFC North teams to lose!!!

Though the vikings are on also on their bye (most likely on house-arrest by brad childress) the bears (@ AZ) and lions (vs Bills) play. Of course the lions are still looking for that first W while the bears have yet to taste defeat. Could a rookie QB led upset be waiting for them in the desert? I sure hope so because the week will go by much faster.

Call it like you wanna see it:
Chi 21 - Az 24
Buff 17 - Det 13

Go Bills and Cardinals!!

GBRulz
10-14-2006, 09:31 PM
Yeah, could this be one that the Bears overlook? I see an upset!!!

GrnBay007
10-14-2006, 09:45 PM
sorry, I think Detroit will squeeze out their first win. ....something like 17-14.

MJZiggy
10-14-2006, 09:54 PM
I think the Kitties get clobbered, But I don't know if Leinie can take the Bears D. I sure hope the kid can 'cause someone has to and if it were AZ, that could be a lot of fun...

Bretsky
10-14-2006, 10:51 PM
I think Buffalo's D is too good for Detroit, and Da Bears clobber AZ

AtlPackFan
10-15-2006, 10:22 AM

Agree

BallHawk
10-15-2006, 10:23 AM
Anybody think the Saints could upset the Eagles at home? Westbrook might not play and Brees is getting more and more comfortable in that offense. I usually find it impossible to root for another team, but I just love rooting for the Saints. Even though it is a year after Katrina, the prescence and effect of it still looms over the city, and the Saints help out by bringing enjoyment to the residents. They won't win the SB, but they have a pretty good shot at the playoffs.

Eagles 24
Saints 27

mngolf19
10-15-2006, 10:35 AM

Agree

Also agree. AZ is injured and almost as bad as Det, Oak right now. No chance. I do think the Saints could lose any game. They are just on a good roll right now but I don't think they are anything special.

Bretsky
10-15-2006, 10:45 AM
Anybody think the Saints could upset the Eagles at home? Westbrook might not play and Brees is getting more and more comfortable in that offense. I usually find it impossible to root for another team, but I just love rooting for the Saints. Even though it is a year after Katrina, the prescence and effect of it still looms over the city, and the Saints help out by bringing enjoyment to the residents. They won't win the SB, but they have a pretty good shot at the playoffs.

Eagles 24
Saints 27

Westbrook is reportedly playing now; I could see an upset. But I'm picking Phily. Should be a great game.

MadtownPacker
10-15-2006, 10:47 AM
OK lets me clear something up. I know Leinhart is likely gonna get treated like a salmon by the bears defense, Im just saying what I would LIKE to see happen.

Late wish - vikings squad make a jail break for the boat, cause major chaos for childress.

Rastak
10-15-2006, 10:53 AM
OK lets me clear something up. I know Leinhart is likely gonna get treated like a salmon by the bears defense, Im just saying what I would LIKE to see happen.

Late wish - vikings squad make a jail break for the boat, cause major chaos for childress.

Now that wasn't nice.....maybe Koren will lead Green Bay's finest on a trip all the way to Milwaukee....actually that isn't funny because that dumbass might actually do it and that wouldn't be cool.

MJZiggy
10-15-2006, 10:59 AM
He's in NC with his kid. No worries. I can't tell you what I really want to happen in these games. :evil:

Rastak
10-15-2006, 11:03 AM
He's in NC with his kid. No worries. I can't tell you what I really want to happen in these games. :evil:

Well, the fine folks of Wisconsin can rest easy for a while....LOL....

Eagles-Saints should be fun to watch. Maybe we can see TO melt down again.

MJZiggy
10-15-2006, 11:05 AM
That could be fun to watch the Tuna take him down. I wonder if they come to blows?? Could be worth watching just for the cage match.

MadtownPacker
10-15-2006, 11:15 AM
Now that wasn't nice.....maybe Koren will lead Green Bay's finest on a trip all the way to Milwaukee....actually that isn't funny because that dumbass might actually do it and that wouldn't be cool.Read the title "hate on thy neighbors"!

Koren can drive as fast as he wants IMO. He is a Packer now. :D

MadtownPacker
10-15-2006, 11:19 AM
Eagles-Saints should be fun to watch. Maybe we can see TO melt down again.

That the game Im gonna watch but will be jumping to the battle for Texas game. Carr is like the top rated QB and his team aint winning nada. Feel bad for my Cali homeboy.

BallHawk
10-15-2006, 11:41 AM
What games do you guys/gals have on Local TV in your area? I have Bucs/Bengals and Giants/Falcons. Then for the late game I have Fins/Jets.

ND72
10-15-2006, 11:42 AM
here are my predictions

Detroit 17 Buffalo 10

Chicago 31 Arizona 13

MadtownPacker
10-15-2006, 12:08 PM
What games do you guys/gals have on Local TV in your area? I have Bucs/Bengals and Giants/Falcons. Then for the late game I have Fins/Jets.Yo youngblood, you need Sunday ticket!!

Fosco33
10-15-2006, 12:09 PM
Lions stuffed on 3rd and 4th and short (to goal). :mrgreen:

Left 3 to a stingy Bills defense.

BallHawk
10-15-2006, 12:10 PM
Ahmad Brooks is starting MLB for the Bengals. Brian Simmons is out for a knee injury. I'm watching the Bengals game here so I'll tell you how he looks. If it is any indication of how he has played so far, he is going to get thrown at a lot.

BallHawk
10-15-2006, 12:13 PM
What games do you guys/gals have on Local TV in your area? I have Bucs/Bengals and Giants/Falcons. Then for the late game I have Fins/Jets.Yo youngblood, you need Sunday ticket!!

I know. My Dad worked out it is just cheaper to go to a bar for the games not on TV than to buy ST. My Dad isn't in to the league besides the Packers, as much as I am, so he deems it unnecessary.

BallHawk
10-15-2006, 12:15 PM
Eli through a stupid INT in his own territory, but Vick just got sacked for 14 yards.

BallHawk
10-15-2006, 12:16 PM
Vick gives it back with a high through deflected for an INT. One of the Giants defensive players completely layed out a Falcons WR.

GBRulz
10-15-2006, 01:03 PM
Eli better get his ass going and throw some passes to Burress. I need the FF points!

Also ticked cuz I didn't know if I should start Clayton today as his injury was a gametime decision, so benched him and started Randle El. Clayton already has 1 TD today :mad:

On the other hand....today is a great day for cleaning the house

Nice...my decision on not playing Clayton cost me 22 points.

BallHawk
10-15-2006, 01:06 PM
TJ Houshmanzdeh just made a great TD catch. He was in the corner of the endzone, yet somehow got two feet in and made the catch.

MadtownPacker
10-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Glad I didnt trade Whosyourmama. Even though my FF season is sunk anyways.

OS PA
10-15-2006, 02:12 PM
Ahmad Brooks is having a good game. 8 tackles 1 assist so far.

OS PA
10-15-2006, 03:10 PM
Is it safe to say that Steve Smith is the best reciever in this league? 8 catches 189 yards 1 touchdown.

MJZiggy
10-15-2006, 03:45 PM
TJ Houshmanzdeh just made a great TD catch. He was in the corner of the endzone, yet somehow got two feet in and made the catch.

It looked like he was shaken up at the very end, on one of the last plays of the game.

BEARMAN
10-15-2006, 04:19 PM
Chi 21 - Az 24
Buff 17 - Det 13

Go Bills and Cardinals!!
Well, you were Wrong on Buff/Det,... and you will be Wrong on BEARS/Az, so basicaly your just WRONG. LOL

DA BEARS 34

redbirds 9

GO BEARS !

woodbuck27
10-15-2006, 04:24 PM
No Packer game usually means no stress but that is 10X as true this season and last. The Pack let one slip away against the Rams and while they have to sit and think about that we should do something constructive... like root for the other NFC North teams to lose!!!

Though the vikings are on also on their bye (most likely on house-arrest by brad childress) the bears (@ AZ) and lions (vs Bills) play. Of course the lions are still looking for that first W while the bears have yet to taste defeat. Could a rookie QB led upset be waiting for them in the desert? I sure hope so because the week will go by much faster.

Chi 21 - Az 24
Buff 17 - Det 13

Go Bills and Cardinals!!

Alot of upsets in early games today Mad.

6 out of 8 games would be considered upsets including "the Lions" over "the Bills' 20-17 !

Finally they get a "W". Detroit fans will have them playoff bound after that victory at HOME. Good for them. haha. :mrgreen:

I believe that when "the Cardinals" host " da Bears " that Rookie QB Matt Leinart will get his REAL introduction to the NFL.

He's going to hit the turf alot. I have to believe that " the BEARS " will win that football game, Mad.

It's their turn, after such a dry spell.

MJZiggy
10-15-2006, 04:26 PM
It sure screws up one's pick 'em, doesn't it Buck?

MadtownPacker
10-15-2006, 09:14 PM
Well, you were Wrong on Buff/Det,... and you will be Wrong on BEARS/Az, so basicaly your just WRONG. LOL

DA BEARS 34

redbirds 9

GO BEARS !I had Buffalo's score right. Not my fault the lions decided to score too much. :mrgreen:

As for the bears, I would rather be wrong everytime then root for them!