PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero

Partial
10-15-2006, 01:32 AM
I have decided that rather than paying my tuition on time, I am going to take on the 1% interest charge for the month and satisfy my desire to be a rock star.

Last night in a drunken stuper I felt as though I really was a member of Boston, rockin' out to "More than a feeling". It was exhilerating!

While my guitar solo was slightly less rockin' than theirs mid-song, it was still bitchin' by just about anyones definition of the word.

Has anyone else touched this game and immediately wanted to quit their "life" and become a rock star?

MJZiggy
10-15-2006, 08:34 AM
Pay your tuition.

retailguy
10-15-2006, 09:05 AM
I have decided that rather than paying my tuition on time, I am going to take on the 1% interest charge for the month and satisfy my desire to be a rock star.

Last night in a drunken stuper I felt as though I really was a member of Boston, rockin' out to "More than a feeling". It was exhilerating!

While my guitar solo was slightly less rockin' than theirs mid-song, it was still bitchin' by just about anyones definition of the word.

Has anyone else touched this game and immediately wanted to quit their "life" and become a rock star?

Tank? You're back!!! :wink:

woodbuck27
10-15-2006, 09:24 AM
Pay your tuition.

Partial pay your tuition AND...

Pursue with ALL you have...

the thought of "BEING a ROCK STAR".

http://www.colinjames.com/images/gallery/ontour/solo9_tn.jpg

http://www.maplemusic.com/Assets/product_images/cln_limelight_cd.jpg

I'm listening to Colin at this moment and he/his band is hard to beat for Rockin' Blues...

Do ya... have the Blues... in ya? Ehh?

Be... "the US of A's" response to Canada's Colin James. Rockin with "the BEST Blues".

http://www.colinjames.com/

http://www.maplemusic.com/artists/clj/disc.asp

Partial
10-15-2006, 12:55 PM
Pay your tuition.

I will

Partial
10-15-2006, 12:57 PM

Tank? You're back!!! :wink:

Ouch! I'm not actually going to do it, but I wish I could.

BallHawk
10-15-2006, 01:01 PM
I'm having flashbacks of Spinal Tap.

Partial
10-15-2006, 01:09 PM

Hahaha good. Great movie! Guitar Hero might very well be the next generations nicotine. That game is crazily addictive.

Rastak
10-18-2006, 06:56 PM

Hahaha good. Great movie! Guitar Hero might very well be the next generations nicotine. That game is crazily addictive.

I have a real guitar where I make less than perfect solos that sound fantastic when I record them but after sobering up I can see they ain't quite there yet.

Partial
10-18-2006, 07:52 PM

I have a real guitar where I make less than perfect solos that sound fantastic when I record them but after sobering up I can see they ain't quite there yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhVWJgIzftE :wink:

Rastak
10-19-2006, 07:02 AM

Yea, that's good, funny stuff! , actually I have a Les Paul knockoff that looks exactly like that guitar...sunbusrt and all. It actually plays pretty nice for $500...I just couldn't bring myself to drop 2 large on a real Les Paul.....

GBRulz
10-19-2006, 10:39 AM
I'm not a gamer at all, but I am addicted to "The Sims", in which a new expansion pack came out yesterday and I had to have it. Anyhow, while at the store, I noticed some big ass box that said "Guitar Hero" on it. But, what is it? Is it for PC, xbox, etc?

Partial
10-19-2006, 10:54 AM
I'm not a gamer at all, but I am addicted to "The Sims", in which a new expansion pack came out yesterday and I had to have it. Anyhow, while at the store, I noticed some big ass box that said "Guitar Hero" on it. But, what is it? Is it for PC, xbox, etc?

It's a playstation game that is becoming a really popular party game, much like dance dance revolution a few years back. It comes with a severely simplified guitar, and then you jam with the band as the button to push comes across the screen like the foot to stomp comes down in DDR. It's a ton of fun!

GBRulz
10-19-2006, 09:53 PM
It sounds fun! hell, i'm still trying to get the hang of Dance Revolution!! In the arcade inside the Lambeau atrium, they have the full game there. It's so funny as we attempt that after we've been sitting at the bar at Curly's for the previous 2-3 hours....

Zool
10-20-2006, 09:10 AM

Yea, that's good, funny stuff! , actually I have a Les Paul knockoff that looks exactly like that guitar...sunbusrt and all. It actually plays pretty nice for $500...I just couldn't bring myself to drop 2 large on a real Les Paul.....
Ha thats a quilted Les Paul not a flame top. Silly Spinal Tap. That 200 watt Marshal Lead amp though....I would give up Partials right arm for one of those.

Zool
10-22-2006, 09:24 PM
Damnitall...I finally broke down and played Guitar Hero at Best Buy. Now I need it. I dont have a PS2 even. Damn me and my horrible spending habits. Partial...send yours to me. I will send it back after finals.

Partial
10-22-2006, 09:29 PM
Damnitall...I finally broke down and played Guitar Hero at Best Buy. Now I need it. I dont have a PS2 even. Damn me and my horrible spending habits. Partial...send yours to me. I will send it back after finals.

I don't have a PS2. I'd have to get the whole package. Most addictive game ever hey?

Rastak
10-23-2006, 08:42 PM

Ha thats a quilted Les Paul not a flame top. Silly Spinal Tap. That 200 watt Marshal Lead amp though....I would give up Partials right arm for one of those.

Back in the late 70's my buddy had a marshall stack and a really nice peavey bass stack. Every once in a while I'd get to crank up the guitar with
a fuzz pedal and that Marshall stack. You could hear the shit a mile away and the cops were always coming over. My buddy's dad got ticketed for the repeated violations.

Zool
10-24-2006, 08:26 AM
Back in the late 70's my buddy had a marshall stack and a really nice peavey bass stack. Every once in a while I'd get to crank up the guitar with a fuzz pedal and that Marshall stack. You could hear the shit a mile away and the cops were always coming over. My buddy's dad got ticketed for the repeated violations.We had to build a sound proofing room in my buddies basement so we could play without the neighbors freaking out. You can still hear it outside, but its more like a radio playing. My Dual Recto 1/2 stack is too damned loud for my own good, but I love it.

Rastak
10-24-2006, 08:00 PM
Back in the late 70's my buddy had a marshall stack and a really nice peavey bass stack. Every once in a while I'd get to crank up the guitar with a fuzz pedal and that Marshall stack. You could hear the shit a mile away and the cops were always coming over. My buddy's dad got ticketed for the repeated violations.We had to build a sound proofing room in my buddies basement so we could play without the neighbors freaking out. You can still hear it outside, but its more like a radio playing. My Dual Recto 1/2 stack is too damned loud for my own good, but I love it.

That's cool....this was in a garage loft so there was no sound protection. I was the bass player so I didn't crank the guitar too much...but I played whenever I could. I currently have a Roland Cube 60 which is a solid state amp but gets pretty damn loud. Although I bought a digi box and find myself playing plugged into the computer with headphones mainly now.....that way the wife doesn't go nuts if I start playing Whole Lotta Rosie or Cat Scratch Fever full blast.....

BallHawk
04-08-2007, 01:38 PM
I just got Guitar Hero II for the Xbox 360.

I'm addicted. This game is crazy fun.

Charles Woodson
04-08-2007, 06:58 PM
I just got Guitar Hero II for the Xbox 360.

I'm addicted. This game is crazy fun.
yea agree, i almost started a thread on it.
Ballhawk what are you level are you on? the song selections pretty decent.

Brando19
04-08-2007, 09:31 PM
I've never played this game. Does it actually help you learn to play a real guitar or is it nothing like a real guitar?

Zool
04-08-2007, 09:33 PM
GH is to guitar that watching MTV is to learning to dance...only less

Partial
04-08-2007, 09:36 PM
^ Except way more fun

Chubbyhubby
04-09-2007, 09:54 AM

It is also on XBOX 360. My brother has it. He told me it's awesome!

Zool
04-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Ohh believe me, I've played the living hell out of it. I cannot finish Freebird on Hard though. There 4 minutes of solo's near the end of the song get me every time.

GBRulz
04-09-2007, 11:01 AM
So, which one of you is this?
:lol:

http://moblog.co.uk/blogs/11206/moblog_e3c5a93e5c806.jpg

GBRulz
04-09-2007, 11:13 AM
dp sorry

Zool
04-09-2007, 11:47 AM
Cant be me, I'm not that pretty.