PDA

View Full Version : Get (HER) OUT of the friggin' Game!!!

CaptainKickass
10-15-2006, 12:11 PM
In case you all missed my rant on the the thread with a like name - I need some help from guys, girls, dogs, whomever.

How do you get your women either out of the house or to leave you the hell alone while watching the game?

Obviously sending them shopping is an idea but let's be sensitive to the credit card - and more importantly - creative.

C'mon guys - what sorts of trickery, lies and deceit have you pulled?

Rastak
10-15-2006, 12:36 PM
In case you all missed my rant on the the thread with a like name - I need some help from guys, girls, dogs, whomever.

How do you get your women either out of the house or to leave you the hell alone while watching the game?

Obviously sending them shopping is an idea but let's be sensitive to the credit card - and more importantly - creative.

C'mon guys - what sorts of trickery, lies and deceit have you pulled?

I don't need any of that, She's got her TV in the living room and I've got the big high def home theater in the basement and during games she's up watching lifetime movie network most of the tiime.

I take it the captain has only one TV and a talkative woman?

MadtownPacker
10-15-2006, 12:41 PM
Sounds like Capt needs to kick some ass at home! :mrgreen:

Ever tried credit cards? Just throw them out the door, any female will follow.

GBRulz
10-15-2006, 12:55 PM
I can't imagine NOT wanting to watch the game.

But I would also take the credit cards and go out shopping after the game!

woodbuck27
10-15-2006, 03:58 PM
I can't imagine NOT wanting to watch the game.

But I would also take the credit cards and go out shopping after the game!

Always "the BEST" response and most challenging. :mrgreen:

FavreChild
10-15-2006, 05:51 PM

Sounds like a question for "Ask Ms. PackRat"....

MJZiggy
10-15-2006, 05:52 PM
Have I mentioned lately that you're a friggin' genius? I have? Oh. Bears repeating. :cool:

FavreChild
10-15-2006, 05:56 PM
Bears repeating. :cool:

What?? Nooo!!

Oh wait, you didn't mean THOSE Bears. :wink:

Scott Campbell
10-15-2006, 06:25 PM
If you kick her outta da house, how's she supposed to fetch you your sammich?

oregonpackfan
10-15-2006, 06:29 PM
I live with a wife and two daughters, none of whom are interested in the Packers.

Being "Out-manned" by a 3 to 1 margin, ether I go to the TV in the bedroom or I head down to the local Packers Sports Bar. Those are my choices.

OPF

CaptainKickass
10-16-2006, 11:49 AM
I take it the captain has only one TV and a talkative woman?

Lets just say that The Captain's social circle revolves around medium to large get-togethers. Now - my way of participating is by hosting BBQ's and of course I'm gonna do it during football - particularily the Pack.

Is there a talkative woman in my life - you betcha, more than one. (I'm pretty talkative for a dude so go figure why I might attract a talkative gal.) (Is there such a creature as a not-talkative gal?)

So there I am trying to watch the Pack - and let me emphasize that I really like the ladies I hang out with - BUT - I can't get 'em to shut the hell up during the plays. Furthermore, there's two gals that are absolutely not interested in football at all , but they keep coming over for the "socializing", and again - I can't get 'em to shut the hell up.

Now I could just go to my bedroom (I have 3 tv's but only one big screen HD - in the living room) and shut the door but I'm the friggin host for pete's sake, and that would be rude to my guests.

The only thing that I think would work is semi-gender segregation - I would need one of my ladyfriends to act as "chick-activity co-ordinator" and possibly plan a field trip "shopping" or "sammich making 101" for the ladies not wanting to watch the game (all but 2 of 'em) so that at least the ones who want to watch - can.

I can't send 'em outside - my condo is on the 3rd floor, and even the field trip thing takes away from the point of "getting together".

Right now I thank the technology gods for Tivo - so later I can review.

C'mon - creative ideas needed. Who's a social butterfly here? I need an expert at social gatherings.

Anyone? Bueller?

?

VegasPackFan
10-16-2006, 09:40 PM
Get everyone gambling.

Squares for starters, and then maybe draw names for players to get first sack, first catch, first score, etc for each quarter. The chicks that are the most clueless always seem to be the ones that win all these, by the way.

So you lose money, but everyone is into the game.

run pMc
10-17-2006, 09:16 AM
IMO some of the commentators don't have much to add to the game anyway, so not being able to hear Bill Maas or whomever isn't a huge loss for me.

-- Turn the TV's closed captioning on.
-- I liked the gambling idea...creative.
-- Record the game and watch it again later.
-- Take turns hosting get-togethers. If the commotion gets to be too much, you can just leave.

havanother
10-17-2006, 05:06 PM
It's to bad the condo's not on the 10th floor. That outside idea might really work.

GBRulz
10-17-2006, 07:50 PM
so grow a pair and just flat out tell people that if they are going to come over during the game, it is to watch the game. My friends KNOW that when we gather at my house, it's either watch the game or don't come over. They respect that. And yes, some of them come over at half-time or even after the game. Or if they want to go in another room and socialize, that's fine, but they understand that most of us watch the game. Again, my mission was accomplished by simply speaking up.

You're never going to get them to like the game if they don't at this point. But your gatherings can be enjoyed by all with some communication and comprimising.

MJZiggy
10-17-2006, 07:57 PM
Alright, here's the deal. Do what GBR said, and if they are still not interested, in another room, set up a table. On that table place a deck of cards and some food. Let your guests know that if they are not interested in watching the game with you, they may bring their scrapbooking, craft work or what have you or if they're not into that, they can play cards at the table. They will figure it out and if you have a group that is all into the same stuff, you end up watching the game and the photo albums get done as well. But I'm telling you that I don't need to be the exception. Also, make sure your woman has a jersey (of the player of her choosing) and knows you think she looks hot in it.

GrnBay007
10-17-2006, 09:22 PM
Hmmm....for some reason, I just can't see Captainkickass walking in to Hobby Lobby and buying a bunch of craft supplies for his guests! :razz:

.....maybe the name has something to do with it. :cool:

MJZiggy
10-17-2006, 09:24 PM
I was kinda suggesting they bring their own. :oops:

*Never presume to buy my yarn for me or you know what you'll be getting for Christmas.

superfan
10-17-2006, 11:57 PM
It sounds like your issues are more with ladies and women, not lady and woman, so you might be able to get away with the following suggestion.

You are familiar with football related drinking games, right? Put a spin on that idea and create a stripping game. Every time Favre completes a pass, everyone removes an article of clothing. Announcer says "Favre", everyone removes an article of clothing. Defense tackles somebody -- everyone removes an article of clothing. You get the idea.

It's a win/win situation. If the ladies are "into it", you've got some good times going for you, and you still have the game on TIVO for future reference. If not, they all leave, and you are left with the bliss of watching the game yourself -- without any interruption.

CaptainKickass
10-18-2006, 01:01 PM
You are familiar with football related drinking games, right? Put a spin on that idea and create a stripping game. Every time Favre completes a pass, everyone removes an article of clothing. Announcer says "Favre", everyone removes an article of clothing. Defense tackles somebody -- everyone removes an article of clothing. You get the idea.

It's a win/win situation.

Indeed - I already posted regarding a drinking game of our invention. And while some of us do "play" the game during the game, It never occured to me to take it one step further.

You may be bordering on genius here Superfan.

I will make it mandatory for my gatherings that during the game - you play the drinking game. (exception for designated driver) Most of the time when the ladies play, they play until they feel a little tipsy and then they wuss out. I will change the rules to your suggestion with one small alteration. The article of clothing gets removed as a penalty for being a wuss. In other words - if the football game is on, and the drinking game is on, you must play. If you decide that you cannot drink anymore - then instead of drinking, thay can remove an article in lieu of drinking. This is truly a win-win. I envision drunker, and less clothed times ahead!

Now if we could get some wins - everyone gets drunker and more excitable and then I just may have reached heaven!

:mrgreen: :D

Fritz
10-18-2006, 02:06 PM
Much creativity on this thread. I like the strip-football idea, especially.

In my case, my wife is a fan and we watch together. As for my mother-in-law, she no longer comes over if the Pack is on TV because she says I scare her when I yell at the TV.

So if all the really cool ideas don't work out - the drinking game, the stripping game - just scream at Ahman Green when he fumbles at his own eight yard line, and scream at Clifton for an unnecessary holding call on what would have been a 45 yard touchdown pass, and soon only you and other, serious fans will be in the room.

superfan
10-18-2006, 11:56 PM
Proof that the stripping idea could be effective -- even the mere mention of it has apparently driven our Lady Rats from this thread. :D

Captain, I like your twist on the idea. I expect an invite to that party.

Ultimately, Fritz's suggestion might be the best. Sometimes it's necessary to make a complete ass of yourself to get the desired results.

MJZiggy
10-19-2006, 06:44 AM
Don't get your panties in a bunch SF. We can handle the idea, but it's really not needed at my house. Besides, the kids are of an age where the naked adults might distract them from the game. :shock:

MJZiggy
10-19-2006, 06:45 AM
Don't get your panties in a bunch SF. The EC is still represented here. We can handle the idea, but it's really not needed at my house. Besides, the kids are of an age where the naked adults might distract them from the game. :shock:

Green Bud Packer
10-19-2006, 08:37 AM
Besides, the kids are of an age where the naked adults might distract them from the game. :shock: hell, i'm at an age where naked adults would distract me from the game. i like gbrs idea.watch the game or stay home. i dont think you'll ever get away from distractions at a social setting unless everyone is into the game. for three hours on sunday i'm in a state of mind brought on only by the green and gold and i don't need little miss loose lips ruining it for me.

CaptainKickass
10-19-2006, 09:11 AM
Hehe

Looks like Ziggy got so distracted she quoted herself!

:mrgreen: :D

superfan
10-19-2006, 11:28 AM
Don't get your panties in a bunch SF. We can handle the idea, but it's really not needed at my house. Besides, the kids are of an age where the naked adults might distract them from the game. :shock:

Thanks a lot, Ziggy, for "outing" me regarding the panties. :smile:

MadtownPacker
10-19-2006, 11:54 AM
You are familiar with football related drinking games, right? Put a spin on that idea and create a stripping game. Every time Favre completes a pass, everyone removes an article of clothing. Announcer says "Favre", everyone removes an article of clothing.
OK there will have to be a special exception for games Madden is covering or peeps aint even gonna make it out of the first quarter.

Fritz
10-19-2006, 12:10 PM
I would think that would be the idea. If, however, you like suspense, only remove an article of clothing everytime Marquand breaks up a pass. That'll keep everyone clothed for a long, long time. Taking off a sock or shoe will seem like the sexiest thing you've ever seen.