PDA

View Full Version : How about them Saints

justanotherpackfan
10-15-2006, 03:25 PM
I will start accepting your apologies now. If you don't remember, awhile back I predicted the Saints would go to the Super Bowl.

Posted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:22 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Saints are going to win the Super Bowl, mark my words.

http://packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=3876&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=superdome&start=20

BallHawk
10-15-2006, 03:33 PM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves JAPF. It's only week 6. The Saints are a very impressive team, and Goddamn I would love for them to win the Super Bowl, but there are teams in this league that our more experienced and talanted then the Saints.

woodbuck27
10-15-2006, 03:50 PM
That was a real confidence booster today.

Impressive to defeat "the Eagles". :smile:

Drew Bree's, mmmm, nice QB / Leader for their future.

mmmdk
10-15-2006, 07:58 PM
Are you taking notes Christl...teams CAN turn around pretty fast. Well, TT should scrabble a few notes down as well. Way to go Saints. 5-1 done through the draft and free agency, Saints even lost talented starters (e.g. Stallworth, Bentley & Howard). But you need to hit jackpot with a Reggie Bush and a gem like Colston. Brees & Fujita are more than solid FAs & both signed in 2006. The last 2 drafts for the Saints have been awesome. Saints even made a few trades to help key needs (LB). Packers need an awesome draft next year with a, or preferably 2, playmakers through the draft that are difference makers. Plus 2 or 3 key free agent pickups - starters. Packers had a solid 2006 draft, a mediocre draft from 2005 at best - 2007 needs to be special or it's 3-13 again.

Packnut
10-15-2006, 08:00 PM
Payton is a very good coach and has proven once again that TT made the wrong choice. He has totally turned the saints around with average talent at best. That is the key to judging a good coach imo. Easy to win when you have the talent but the good one's win with x's and o's and the ability to surround themself with good coaches.

Partial
10-15-2006, 08:08 PM
Reggie Bush is a very good player and has proven once again that TT should have gutted the packers roster last year instead of this year in order to get him.. He has totally turned the saints around with average talent at best. That is the key to judging playmaker imo. Easy to win when you have the talent but the good one's win with x's and o's and the ability to surround themself with playmakers.

T, FTFY :D

Partial
10-15-2006, 08:11 PM
JAPF,

I think they're doing really well because Bush is doing more than we any of us can tell. He's getting double and triple teamed and opening things up for everyone else.

I don't think they'll be the Broncos, though. They're too good at every position.

mmmdk
10-15-2006, 08:12 PM
I still think McCarthy can be a really good HC but he needs to make better decisions when hiring ass.coaches and coordinators. DC Sanders is a joke as is Schottenheimer. Awful, just awful.

Remember when TT said, during camp, that he knew nothing about the ZBS. TT chose McCarthy due to his personality while Peyton in swampland is Xs & Os guy - a winner with Tuna pedigree. Just a thought, maybe TT made a mistake. It's still early though but a win is a win and that's the ONLY way to contend...YOU WIN GAMES.

KYPack
10-16-2006, 09:18 AM
There's 3 ways to build your team:

1. Draft well
2. Sign good vet FA's
3. Retain the right Vet's from your own roster.

The Saints have done a masterful job in all 3 areas.

The Pack?

1 for 3. decent draft, poor FA signings, cut 90% of the vets that were question marks.

It's shocking that a club that was creamed 52 - 3 last year and had a poorer record than we did could shoot by us so fast in the space of a year!

Packnut
10-16-2006, 01:30 PM
Even Reid is gushing about the Saints play calling. Back at the time, I believe the majority of us wanted Payton , but TT stated he "did'nt care about an x's and o's coach". I firmly believe we're 3-2 with Payton as our coach.

MJZiggy
10-16-2006, 01:33 PM
I don't recall him saying anything about not caring about an x's and o'x coach?

Packnut
10-16-2006, 01:41 PM
I don't recall him saying anything about not caring about an x's and o'x coach?

He stated x's and o's were not important when hiring a coach. I don't recall the exact quote but it was in one of the articles posted in this forum.