PDA

View Full Version : Phillip Buchanon

ND72
10-16-2006, 10:05 PM
Buchanon was just released by the Texans. Now, i'm not saying the Packers should go get him, but it would be a thought. I don't understand why the guy can't stay on a team...he kind of reminds me of Ahmad Carroll, but without the mouth. But he's still young. He could come in as the Nickle or even Dime back, and learn, instead of just being through onto the field. Texans gave up a 2nd rounder to Oakland for the guy 2 years ago...OUCH.

HarveyWallbangers
10-16-2006, 10:12 PM
I don't like to see us pick up rejects, but sometimes you can find a player. He's young, so bring him in and see what he can do. Schottenheimer will coach him into being an All-Pro. Packers almost have to take a look at younger corners that become available. I can't believe they are sold on Dendy and Jarrett Bush.

SD GB fan
10-16-2006, 10:30 PM
when has anyone with a last name of bush gone wrong? :wink:

MadtownPacker
10-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Wasnt this guy a 1st round pick? He aint old so give him a shot.

Wait a minute, he was a raider? :shock:

PackerPro42
10-17-2006, 06:47 AM
Buchanon is one of the fastest DB's in the league and he's is also a great KR.

Bretsky
10-17-2006, 07:13 AM

He certainly is worth a shot since his upside is far greater than Dendy's.

SkinBasket
10-17-2006, 07:22 AM

He certainly is worth a shot since his upside is far greater than Dendy's.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The ice cream sandwich in my freezer from two years ago has more upside than Dendy.

Wasn't there some bad blood or something between PB and Woodson?

KYPack
10-17-2006, 07:24 AM
When I get a round tuit,

I'm gonna do a thread on why we have all these rookie lineman, or rookie DBacks, or young RB's.

Buchanon has been a bust who has cost two teams a 1st and a 2nd rnd pick.

He's kinda like Hawkins or Hawthorne. weak cover and can't finish. Tends to get lost and blow covers. He's never responded to coaching.

Rastak
10-17-2006, 07:28 AM
From profootballtalk.com

TEXANS DUMP "COWARD" BUCHANON

The Associated Press reports that the Texans have released cornerback Phillip Buchanon.

A league source tells us that the move was made because Buchanon is regarded by the team as a "card-carrying coward."

Buchanon, a former first-round pick, was acquired from the Raiders prior to the 2005 season for second-round and third-round picks in the 2006 draft. He was benched at one point during his first season with the team.

Buchanon had no interceptions during his time with the Texans.

Patler
10-17-2006, 07:31 AM
When I get a round tuit,

Square tuits are much easier to find, round tuits are rare!

Guiness
10-17-2006, 08:15 AM
Nah - I think he's a 'never was'. He benefited from having playing across from a very good C. Woodson, who was likely matched up against the #1 receiver every down, and pulled off a decent year (03).

He's been hurt more than Fergie, and has shown he won't play injured.

Pass. :neutral:

run pMc
10-17-2006, 09:19 AM
Sounds like he's a matador tackler. GB doesn't need any of those.
I remember him having great speed & being a dynamic return guy. When 2 teams like OAK & HOU giving up on a player like that, it's a big red flag to me.

Tempting, but no thanks.
Then again, I said the same thing about KoRo...

Rastak
10-17-2006, 09:27 AM
Sounds like he's a matador tackler. GB doesn't need any of those.
I remember him having great speed & being a dynamic return guy. When 2 teams like OAK & HOU giving up on a player like that, it's a big red flag to me.

Tempting, but no thanks.
Then again, I said the same thing about KoRo...

You haven't been proven wrong yet on that one ......

retailguy
10-17-2006, 11:15 AM
He's been hurt more than Fergie

How is this possible? :shock:

cpk1994
10-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Watch the MNF game in which Favre went off for 399 yards after his father died. Buchannon was roasted like a Thanksgiving turkey. If you still want him after watching that, your nuts.

FritzDontBlitz
10-18-2006, 05:51 PM
Watch the MNF game in which Favre went off for 399 yards after his father died. Buchannon was roasted like a Thanksgiving turkey. If you still want him after watching that, your nuts.

at least buchanon was IN THE FRAME when his receiver was making those catches, unlike our dbs have been while giving up most of their big plays this season.

as i've said in so many other threads, bring the guy in for a look. you have nothing to lose.

superfan
10-18-2006, 11:48 PM
When I get a round tuit,

Square tuits are much easier to find, round tuits are rare!

Not too rare, Patler. Here's one for you, KYPack -- :smile:

http://www.seykota.com/tribe/FAQ/2003_Aug/Aug_1-9/round_tuit.gif

superfan
10-18-2006, 11:51 PM
Wasnt this guy a 1st round pick? He aint old so give him a shot.

I say give him a shot, too, but I wonder if other boards weren't saying the same thing about Carroll when he was released. Just gives credence to the phrase that players are released for a reason.

Bretsky
10-18-2006, 11:56 PM
TOO LATE GUYS

Tampa Bay Snatched this guy up already. The Dirty Gruden strikes again.

KYPack
10-19-2006, 07:55 AM
[quote="Patler"][quote=KYPack]When I get a round tuit,

Thanks SF.

Had an old boss used to hand them things out in the office.

Everybody hated his guts.

We had one killer party when he got canned.