PDA

View Full Version : Najeh "The Dump Truck" Davenport

LaFours
10-17-2006, 07:54 AM
This is from D.J. Gallo's article this week. I found it hilarious.

5. Some Steelers fans have started calling new short-yardage back Najeh Davenport "The Dump Truck," a takeoff on Jerome Bettis' nickname, "The Bus," and inspired by Davenport's infamous dump into a female student's closet in college at Miami. And as great as that nickname is, I fear Davenport may not embrace it due to embarrassment over the incident -- which is absurd since Davenport defecating in a coed's closet is one of "The U's" high points as a football program over the past few years. What Davenport needs to do is adopt his new nickname with open arms and become a positive force in the community. Bettis had his The Bus Stops Here Foundation that helped underprivileged children in Pittsburgh learn to read, so Davenport should start up The Dump Truck Foundation. But instead of promoting literacy, he could promote urban cleanliness by driving around the city in a dump truck, stopping here and there to let the homeless and the incontinent go No. 2 in his truck's container. Anything less than that will suggest Davenport doesn't care about his new hometown.

Rastak
10-17-2006, 08:15 AM

5. Some Steelers fans have started calling new short-yardage back Najeh Davenport "The Dump Truck," a takeoff on Jerome Bettis' nickname, "The Bus," and inspired by Davenport's infamous dump into a female student's closet in college at Miami. And as great as that nickname is, I fear Davenport may not embrace it due to embarrassment over the incident -- which is absurd since Davenport defecating in a coed's closet is one of "The U's" high points as a football program over the past few years. What Davenport needs to do is adopt his new nickname with open arms and become a positive force in the community. Bettis had his The Bus Stops Here Foundation that helped underprivileged children in Pittsburgh learn to read, so Davenport should start up The Dump Truck Foundation. But instead of promoting literacy, he could promote urban cleanliness by driving around the city in a dump truck, stopping here and there to let the homeless and the incontinent go No. 2 in his truck's container. Anything less than that will suggest Davenport doesn't care about his new hometown.

Damn LaFours, you got some good material today!

LaFours
10-17-2006, 08:38 AM

Damn LaFours, you got some good material today!

Thanks.