PDA

View Full Version : For the Sherman Fans - Nobody can say he's not a classy guy

gureski
10-17-2006, 10:13 AM
I work at a law firm with multiple branch locations within Wisconsin. One of the locations is located in Green Bay and one of the attorney's that works out of that office sent this note out that I thought people would enjoy reading....

"Even though he is now coaching in Houston, Mike Sherman remains a friend to all of us connected with the Freedom House homeless shelter here in GB. He is giving us his 2 Super bowl tickets, air fare and hotel in Miami for the big dance to use as a fundraiser for FH. Second prize is a VIP weekend for 2 in Houston with airfare, hotel, pre-game sideline passes, game tix for any Houston Texan home game (Badger fans..say hi to Ron Dayne?). We are selling only 1000 tickets so odds are better than most Super Bowl deals. The ticket cost is $50. The drawing will be on 10/20 so please let me know asap if you want in...or send me a check payable to "Freedom House" and I'll get your ticket stub right off to you. Thanks."

end quote

You have to admit that regardless what you thought of the guy as a coach or GM, he is a very classy guy. For him to still be looking back to GB and helping a charity like this says something about who Mike Sherman is, as a person.

HarveyWallbangers
10-17-2006, 10:26 AM
No question. Sherm's harshest critic couldn't say Sherm wasn't a good guy. However, he wasn't hired as coach and GM to be a nice guy.

KYPack
10-17-2006, 10:27 AM
Always thought Shermie was a very decent human being and a nice guy. It was just that his reach exceeded his grasp. He became a control freak and tried to do WAY too much.

I would've like to have seen Sherm as a HC only with a tough minded GM in the mold of Wolf. Someone who would've ran all the player acqusitions and had Mike run the team. Then, you wouldn't have had the Wahle, Rivera, Sharper debacle and the team would have had a steady talent stream.

I think that would've worked, but who knows?