PDA

View Full Version : I guess he's officially gone (Koren Robinson)

Patler
10-17-2006, 03:46 PM
The NFL announced it, so the appeal must be over:

Packers' Robinson suspended one year

(Oct. 17, 2006) -- Green Bay Packers wide receiver Koren Robinson has been suspended without pay for a minimum of one year for violating the NFL Substance Abuse Policy.

Robinson is eligible to be reinstated no sooner than September 18, 2007.

Robinson previously was suspended for four games in 2004 when he was with the Seattle Seahawks for violating the Substance Abuse Policy.

Sparkey
10-17-2006, 03:52 PM

(Oct. 17, 2006) -- Green Bay Packers wide receiver Koren Robinson has been suspended without pay for a minimum of one year for violating the NFL Substance Abuse Policy.

Robinson previously was suspended for four games in 2004 when he was with the Seattle Seahawks for violating the Substance Abuse Policy.

Ouch! Green Bay has horrible depth at WR now. They might have to give Woodson some looks at WR......... :roll:

ahaha
10-17-2006, 03:55 PM
So, if Ferguson is out for the year we're down to three receivers. Once again we have to find somebody that's unemployed to step in and contribute at WR.

BallHawk
10-17-2006, 03:56 PM
I guess this isn't that bad. When would you rather have Robinson?

1. Now, when we're already out of the playoff race.

OR
2. Next season, when we might be competing for a playoff spot.

Rastak
10-17-2006, 03:59 PM

He never had a chance......look, you guys are probably so sick of me on this subject you'd like me banned, but I have to be honest, I was skeptical when the Vikings signed him to a long term deal this spring, but if you hear him talk he's a likeable guy. He let down his team like you wouldn't believe. I'm pissed. You give a guy a bunch of money and THIS is how he repays you? He's in for one court case and get's arrested for another....
This son of a bitch takes this stuff to a new level. I wish him luck in the future (except against the Vikes of course) but I have a feeling he ain't never gonna straighten out.

pittstang5
10-17-2006, 03:59 PM
Why couldn't they keep Gardner over Fergie or just keep Gardner instead of some TE that never suits up.

Granted Gardner has no upside, but he'd look better than the options the Pack currently has - Chris Francis and Calvin Russell.

We're Screwed!

Sparkey
10-17-2006, 04:03 PM
Is Raushan Woods still a FA ?

Ballboy
10-17-2006, 04:07 PM
is TT really capable of running an NFL team?

This crap shouldn't happen. We knew going into this that this could happpen, now we have Driver, Jennings and who? Like the above poster stated, our pants are around out ankles, I will only state that our pud is also hanging out.

Who, now maybe the Moss trade will come out even though the deadline has passed.

Sparkey
10-17-2006, 04:10 PM

This crap shouldn't happen. We knew going into this that this could happpen, now we have Driver, Jennings and who? Like the above poster stated, our pants are around out ankles, I will only state that our pud is also hanging out.

Who, now maybe the Moss trade will come out even though the deadline has passed.

This is also an opportunity for Ruvell Martin. All 6'4" of him to show he is worthy........

BF4MVP
10-17-2006, 04:11 PM
Charles Rogers is available...

I don't really see why they're not giving him a look..He's extremely talented and could probably be had for the minimum...

Right now I don't care that he has a history of injury problems, drug problems, and being lazy. Right now, we need a third receiver in the worst way, and Rogers is the best available in my opinion.

Patler
10-17-2006, 04:11 PM
Granted Gardner has no upside, but he'd look better than the options the Pack currently has - Chris Francis and Calvin Russell.

I'm not convinced that's true. Gardner had a golden opportunity this year in GB and showed absolutely nothing. He has a name and a first round pedigree, but that's about it at this point.

Boy, GB could end up with two players playing both ways. Blackmon and Woodson as starting CBs and WRs! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Brando19
10-17-2006, 04:17 PM

I don't know much about the whole trading deadline deal...is there a chance we could trade for Moss even though it's past the deadline?

BF4MVP
10-17-2006, 04:19 PM
Well good. It's only 11 months..

I really don't think that a suspension is the best thing for Koren right now...Now that he's away from his job, teammates, and coaches, it seems to me that the chances of a relapse are higher..

Rules are rules, though.

Rastak
10-17-2006, 04:21 PM

I really don't think that a suspension is the best thing for Koren right now...Now that he's away from his job, teammates, and coaches, it seems to me that the chances of a relapse are higher..

Rules are rules, though.

BF4MVP, I hear ya, but how has being with an NFL team worked out over the last several years? Not so good thus far.

BF4MVP
10-17-2006, 04:23 PM

Rules are rules, though.

BF4MVP, I hear ya, but how has being with an NFL team worked out over the last several years? Not so good thus far.
True

Patler
10-17-2006, 04:25 PM

I guess I don't understand why this upsets anyone. The Packers knew this was a possibility. They are no worse off than they were going into the Bears game from a roster standpoint, except they now have injuries at the position. The question with Robinson was never much about if he would be suspended, but more about when it would occur.

Rastak
10-17-2006, 04:28 PM

I guess I don't understand why this upsets anyone. The Packers knew this was a possibility. They are no worse off than they were going into the Bears game from a roster standpoint, except they now have injuries at the position. The question with Robinson was never much about if he would be suspended, but more about when it would occur.

Possibility? No a certainty and if anyone is surprised they are very foolish indeed.

vince
10-17-2006, 04:31 PM

OR
Agreed Ballhawk. Hopefully, he keeps himself on course during his time away.

Does anyone know the type of "interaction" he's allowed to have with the team? Can't practice, right? Can he attend meetings?

The_Dude
10-17-2006, 04:31 PM
Will Blackmon at WR perhaps??

Rastak
10-17-2006, 04:34 PM

OR

Does anyone know the type of "interaction" he's allowed to have with the team? Can't practice, right? Can he attend meetings?

I think he can't have any contact whatsoever with the team, at least that's what I recall with Ontarrio Smith.

MJZiggy
10-17-2006, 04:42 PM
Maybe he'll do inpatient rehab for a year and then he can't mess up and will be so sick of rehab that the mere thought of another year like that will keep him sober...I know I'm joking, but I can't seem to put a smilie on this one. :neutral:

Patler
10-17-2006, 04:45 PM

Possibility? No a certainty and if anyone is surprised they are very foolish indeed.

You really are much too bitter about this Rastak. I'm not sure why. Players have been screwing over teams in all sports for years. I have less tolerance for the abusers of illegal drugs, those who commit sexual assaults, etc. But, I've stated my reasons for that at length before and won't go into it again.

I guess I should have said a possibility for this season. In some ways it is a little unusual, based on some of my research, for the suspension to start now. For the few situations I could think of, when there was an arrest and subsequent trial or other proceeding, the league seemed to always wait until after that was complete before handing down their discipline. That is what Robinson asked for now, and it would not have surprised me if the league did that.

Ahman Green was faced with a similar situation, but not because of the substance abuse program. When the domestic violence charge was filed against him, it was not his first, and some feared a suspension might occur. However, the league waited for the final disposition of the legal case before even reviewing it. I found that to be the typical scenario.

I assumed KR would be suspended, but I thought it might (emphasize MIGHT) not occur until next off-season.

Patler
10-17-2006, 04:50 PM

OR

I think he can't have any contact whatsoever with the team, at least that's what I recall with Ontarrio Smith.

It was the same for Torrance Marshall's 4 game suspension a couple years ago. He was allowed no contact with the team at all. He wasn't allowed in the facility or to have contact with the staff. There was an article about how the team supplied a work out regimen, etc. through a trainer, but it was all arranged ahead of time and they were not allowed to check up on him, supply notes or anything that rostered players received while he was gone.

Rastak
10-17-2006, 04:51 PM

You really are much too bitter about this Rastak. I'm not sure why. Players have been screwing over teams in all sports for years. I have less tolerance for the abusers of illegal drugs, those who commit sexual assaults, etc. But, I've stated my reasons for that at length before and won't go into it again.

I guess I should have said a possibility for this season. In some ways it is a little unusual, based on some of my research, for the suspension to start now. For the few situations I could think of, when there was an arrest and subsequent trial or other proceeding, the league seemed to always wait until after that was complete before handing down their discipline. That is what Robinson asked for now, and it would not have surprised me if the league did that.

Ahman Green was faced with a similar situation, but not because of the substance abuse program. When the domestic violence charge was filed against him, it was not his first, and some feared a suspension might occur. However, the league waited for the final disposition of the legal case before even reviewing it. I found that to be the typical scenario.

I assumed KR would be suspended, but I thought it might (emphasize MIGHT) not occur until next off-season.

I was outright shocked it took this long. And I've already admitted to being bitter old pal! Okay, maybe we're not old pals. This couldn't have been more cut and dried. If he get's dinged on the felony the NFL would be within it's rights to tack more on for being a moron.

Noodle
10-17-2006, 04:51 PM

Maybe, but that young'uns going to have his hands full being assignment-sure at CB, let alone having to learn the offense. Maybe if you line him up and just have him run go routes all damn day it would work.

And Patler, aren't we worse off than in the Bears game? There we had at least 3 (Driver, Jennings, Fergy), now we have two, unless Fergy is over his injury. And I also don't know why we got so down on Gardner. He looked pretty good last year. He had a rocky pre-season, but again, at least he's a guy who knows the offense, has been through camp, and could have stepped in.

If we bring in someone cold, they're at least a couple of weeks away from being in a position where they can contribute.

But here's a thought -- why not Green? We've got a couple of guys who can play a little RB, and Green could maybe do a Faulk-type gig at WR. If his hammy holds.

Patler
10-17-2006, 04:59 PM
I was outright shocked it took this long. And I've already admitted to being bitter old pal! Okay, maybe we're not old pals. This couldn't have been more cut and dried. If he get's dinged on the felony the NFL would be within it's rights to tack more on for being a moron.

Oh I remember you admitting to your bitterness a few weeks ago, but you seemed to be getting over it. I feel bad because this announcement has awakened your old demons! :D

It really has nothing to do with it being "cut and dried". Clearly it was, as were some others. Its a question of due process, and allowing the system to run its course, that's all. As I wrote, that's how it was done before, even in what seemed to be cut and dried situations.

Rastak
10-17-2006, 05:03 PM

Oh I remember you admitting to your bitterness a few weeks ago, but you seemed to be getting over it. I feel bad because this announcement has awakened your old demons! :D

It really has nothing to do with it being "cut and dried". Clearly it was, as were some others. Its a question of due process, and allowing the system to run its course, that's all. As I wrote, that's how it was done before, even in what seemed to be cut and dried situations.

Understood!

I'll try and calm down. I'm fighting this damn cold and it's making me hate Koren Robinson.....maybe hate is too strong a word by far....intense dissapointment perhaps....

Iron Mike
10-17-2006, 05:04 PM
What's Taco Wallace up to??? :neutral:

Rastak
10-17-2006, 05:07 PM
Actually on a serious note, with Koren Robinson 100% sure to get booted, did TT "F" this up by not getting a bit deeper at WR? It's been alluded to in this thread. If I were a Packer fan I'd be sorta pissed unless TT was deliberately shooting for a high pick, and it's too early for that.

MJZiggy
10-17-2006, 05:10 PM
I don't think he was counting on Fergy being out, although why he thinks he'd be healthy now when he's never been before is beyond me...time for Martin to step up.

esoxx
10-17-2006, 05:11 PM
This is also an opportunity for Ruvell Martin. All 6'4" of him to show he is worthy........

The problem with Martin isn't his size, it's his speed...or lack thereof.

Ballboy
10-17-2006, 05:13 PM
I guess I was being a little stupid with actually thinking that TT had "inside information" that the suspension wouldn't happen until the year was over.

What will we do now?

To all those that ask about Blackman(sp) - who the heck do you think he is? the number one pick or something? I've heard you all talk about how he may start at DB for Woodson and now you are saying he may play WR? How much preseason ball has this guy played? We are banking on the fact that some rookie from BC will change everything?

Are you kiddn' me?!!?

BF4MVP
10-17-2006, 05:17 PM

Maybe if you line him up and just have him run go routes all damn day it would work.

He could be the next Corey Bradford :lol: :lol:

Rastak
10-17-2006, 05:19 PM

Maybe if you line him up and just have him run go routes all damn day it would work.

Hey, isn't he available actually, the REAL Corey Bradford?

Patler
10-17-2006, 05:20 PM
And Patler, aren't we worse off than in the Bears game? There we had at least 3 (Driver, Jennings, Fergy), now we have two, unless Fergy is over his injury. And I also don't know why we got so down on Gardner. He looked pretty good last year. He had a rocky pre-season, but again, at least he's a guy who knows the offense, has been through camp, and could have stepped in.

I already acknowledged the injury situation. What I stated was, "They are no worse off than they were going into the Bears game from a roster standpoint, except they now have injuries at the position."

No one was released at WR to make room for Robinson. Leach was the one rleased to make room on the roster. Robinson was just added to what they started the season with at that position. So roster wise, they are no worse off at wide receiver. They have to deal with injuries, but that is a constant in the NFL.

BEARMAN
10-17-2006, 05:25 PM
Do you have enuff $$ to pay for a "good" WR ?

GO BEARS ! 6 an 0 BABY !

Patler
10-17-2006, 05:25 PM
To all those that ask about Blackman(sp) - who the heck do you think he is? the number one pick or something? I've heard you all talk about how he may start at DB for Woodson and now you are saying he may play WR? How much preseason ball has this guy played? We are banking on the fact that some rookie from BC will change everything?

Are you kiddn' me?!!?

I think most of us are just kidding. But with Blackmon having been a highly rated corner for three years, then the teams leading receiver as a senior, while coming within an eyelash of alltime kickoff return yardage records, he is an easy one to "play around" with!

BallHawk
10-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Is he allowed to talk to teammates?

MJZiggy
10-17-2006, 05:36 PM

Yes.

Patler
10-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Is he allowed to talk to teammates?

I doubt that the league could prevent it.

hurleyfan
10-17-2006, 05:46 PM

Yes.

But who is da Bear guy referring to?

hurleyfan
10-17-2006, 05:49 PM
What about the "shooter" the Packers released late in camp? Rogers?

Sorry if someone else mentioned him, didn't get to read all the responses..

Badgepack
10-17-2006, 06:05 PM
If the Packers were willing to try with KR, I don't see how Charles Rogers would be a bigger risk. As long as he will sign a similar type of contract.

MadtownPacker
10-17-2006, 06:22 PM
Damn, this came sooner then I expected. At this point get anyone in there who can run, worry about catching later. it's kept Fergie around this long. I agree with BF4MVP, get C Rogers in here, why the hell not.

FritzDontBlitz
10-17-2006, 06:27 PM

Hey, isn't he available actually, the REAL Corey Bradford?

yes he is. detroit cut him a couple weeks ago.

packrat
10-17-2006, 07:05 PM
TT knew exactly what he was getting. A very good player on the cheap, but one who was going to be suspended for a year. A year from now we get him back, he is greatful for being given a chance, and it cost us nothing. Oh, by the way, Gardner has all of two catches for the Kansas City chiefs, so it is not exactly as if he is the second coming of Sterling Sharpe.

K-town
10-17-2006, 07:09 PM
Can you say, Taco Wallace? :mrgreen:

Did anyone see Jamal Jones (?), an ex-Packer practice squad guy, out there returning kicks in a game on Sunday? Maybe for the Saints?
Or has alcohol so clouded my thought processes that the delerium tremens are a full time gig?

billy_oliver880
10-17-2006, 07:20 PM
You wonder if they are taking a hard look at a trade for Moss? :shock:

Brando19
10-17-2006, 07:21 PM

Can they trade for Moss even though it's past the deadline?

hurleyfan
10-17-2006, 07:28 PM

Can they trade for Moss even though it's past the deadline?

I don't think these are two teams looking for trades at this point..

As much of a talent as Moss, I don't see the Pack working on a player that has been a problem his whole career.. There's no real vet leaders on the Packers to help "mold" Moss to be a team player.. & I don't think playing the Vikes 2x per year can motivate him..

GBRulz
10-17-2006, 07:36 PM
Actually on a serious note, with Koren Robinson 100% sure to get booted, did TT "F" this up by not getting a bit deeper at WR? It's been alluded to in this thread. If I were a Packer fan I'd be sorta pissed unless TT was deliberately shooting for a high pick, and it's too early for that.

Yes, it totally pisses me off. TT did the same crap last year, Rastak. Our #1 WR goes down in the very first game and he does NOTHING to help fill that spot. Perhaps because he had every intention on firing Sherm and by filling the spot, well...you get the point.

It was about this time last year when we were looking outside the bun I guess.... oh Taco, .....

falco
10-17-2006, 07:42 PM
carlton brewster? :shock:

did he sign anywhere?

the_idle_threat
10-17-2006, 07:46 PM

Yes, it totally pisses me off. TT did the same crap last year, Rastak. Our #1 WR goes down in the very first game and he does NOTHING to help fill that spot. Perhaps because he had every intention on firing Sherm and by filling the spot, well...you get the point.

It was about this time last year when we were looking outside the bun I guess.... oh Taco, .....

:lol: :lol: :lol: @ "looking outside the bun"

Bretsky
10-17-2006, 07:52 PM
Why couldn't they keep Gardner over Fergie or just keep Gardner instead of some TE that never suits up.

We're Screwed!

AMEN; it's time for the Fraud to go play somewhere else. Happy Trails.

Packers4Ever
10-17-2006, 07:55 PM

I don't really see why they're not giving him a look..He's extremely talented and could probably be had for the minimum...

Right now I don't care that he has a history of injury problems, drug problems, and being lazy. Right now, we need a third receiver in the worst way, and Rogers is the best available in my opinion.

Well if he has all those problems BF4, he's probably
a heavy drinker too which means he'd arrive late
at every game on Sundays. (I really know better than that, just a little sarcasm here) :roll:

SkinBasket
10-17-2006, 07:56 PM

We're Screwed!

If losing Robert Ferguson means this team is screwed, we're in worse shape than we thought.

Packnut
10-18-2006, 12:22 AM
By now everyone here should see it's just another example of TT not having a plan b. Just like last season's O line fiasco or when he brought in the clowns at saftey. He NEVER has a plan b because he does'nt think that far ahead. Oh nevermind- God forbid I get negative...........

mmmdk
10-18-2006, 06:00 AM
How about WR Scott Vines from the Lions? He just got cut right off of the pup list. The guy did well for Detroit last year, maybe he's still injured!?

swede
10-18-2006, 07:17 AM
Leo Bookman!

pittstang5
10-18-2006, 07:35 AM
Leo Bookman!

Bookman! - He's the 6'2" track star. I couldn't remember his name. Thanks Swede!

I think he's on the Raiders Practice squad.

KYPack
10-18-2006, 07:57 AM
Corey Bradford?

Bookman?

Vines?

Fine, let's pick one of 'em, sign their ass and get 'em in here!

GBM is right on, TT did this same shit last year. We had No guards, a couple wr's and Thompson added nobody. There should be one or two WR's working out right now. They should be on the roster TODAY. Make that yesterday.

Thompson must learn to manage the vet FA market or he will get the ax.

Patler
10-18-2006, 08:29 AM
By now everyone here should see it's just another example of TT not having a plan b. Just like last season's O line fiasco or when he brought in the clowns at saftey. He NEVER has a plan b because he does'nt think that far ahead. Oh nevermind- God forbid I get negative...........

Robinson was plan B. TT started the year with Driver, Jennings, Ferguson, Martin and the 4 tight ends as plan A. He then ADDED Robinson to that after the first game. Were Ferguson not hurt, he would simply be back to plan A. Now he has to go to plan C, which probably includes one of the guys from the practice squad. I have to believe there was a reason that he has carried two WRs and a TE on the practice squad.

HarveyWallbangers
10-18-2006, 08:49 AM
From Christl's Blog:

The loss of Robinson

It's hard to believe, but the Packers' decision to sign Koren Robinson looks even dumber today than it did a month ago. And, back then, it was a decision that included great risk with almost no chance for reward. In other words, it made absolutely no sense.

What did the Packers get out of Robinson? Seven catches for 89 yards, a 12.7 average, and 12 kickoff returns for a 21-yard average. And now they either have to promote someone off the taxi squad with no experience or find another receiver all over again to learn their system.

General manager Ted Thompson deserves some patience in trying to rebuild the Packers. But if his bosses are on top of the situation, they'll count this whole fiasco as one big strike against him. And if Thompson brings Robinson back next year, they should count that as strike two.

A player like Robinson will never be a pillar for a championship team. He's not worth the time or effort. And if Thompson can't figure that out, he might be in over his head.

cpk1994
10-18-2006, 11:42 AM

Probably the same reason 31 other GM's won't look at him. He can't stay healthy and didn't show anything in the time he was healthy.

Zool
10-18-2006, 02:16 PM
From Christl's Blog:

The loss of Robinson

It's hard to believe, but the Packers' decision to sign Koren Robinson looks even dumber today than it did a month ago. And, back then, it was a decision that included great risk with almost no chance for reward. In other words, it made absolutely no sense.

What did the Packers get out of Robinson? Seven catches for 89 yards, a 12.7 average, and 12 kickoff returns for a 21-yard average. And now they either have to promote someone off the taxi squad with no experience or find another receiver all over again to learn their system.

General manager Ted Thompson deserves some patience in trying to rebuild the Packers. But if his bosses are on top of the situation, they'll count this whole fiasco as one big strike against him. And if Thompson brings Robinson back next year, they should count that as strike two.

A player like Robinson will never be a pillar for a championship team. He's not worth the time or effort. And if Thompson can't figure that out, he might be in over his head.
This guy is an asshat. Had Thompson not signed Robinson in the first place, we would be in the exact same situation.

HarveyWallbangers
10-18-2006, 02:21 PM
This guy is an asshat. Had Thompson not signed Robinson in the first place, we would be in the exact same situation.

Asshat is a great word. I also like ass clown (e.g. the secondary is full of no talent ass clowns).

Patler
10-18-2006, 02:36 PM
From Christl's Blog:

The loss of Robinson

I agree. To conclude now, today, that under no circumstances can Robinson be salvaged as a man or a player ("And if Thompson brings Robinson back next year, they should count that as strike two.") is just plain wrong. I personally know a man who went through alcoholism treatments numerous times before he finally licked it and has now been sober for 35 years. Fortunately neither his family nor his employer gave up on him. I'm not saying he should be welcomed back without caution, care and stringent rules. Maybe a year from now GB will decide that he is too great a risk and cut their ties. I can accept their decision in that regard. But for an outsider to make such a conclusion now is inappropriate in my opinion. That is a decision for team, for the future, not one that needs to be made today, and certainly not one that any outsider has any great insight for.

Zool
10-18-2006, 02:49 PM
From Christl's Blog:

The loss of Robinson

I agree. To conclude now, today, that under no circumstances can Robinson be salvaged as a man or a player ("And if Thompson brings Robinson back next year, they should count that as strike two.") is just plain wrong. I personally know a man who went through alcoholism treatments numerous times before he finally licked it and has now been sober for 35 years. Fortunately neither his family nor his employer gave up on him. I'm not saying he should be welcomed back without caution, care and stringent rules. Maybe a year from now GB will decide that he is too great a risk and cut their ties. I can accept their decision in that regard. But for an outsider to make such a conclusion now is inappropriate in my opinion. That is a decision for team, for the future, not one that needs to be made today, and certainly not one that any outsider has any great insight for.

Also a WR does not need to be a pillar of a championship team. Andre Rison was no model citizen, but the man contributed. Maybe Asshat(which is what I will refer to him from here on out) wants everyone who has ever made a mistake shunned from society as a whole. Maybe he writes up crap so that his name gets mentioned. Maybe he's just a crotchetty old man with nothing to do and a ton of free time. Either way his opinion means about as much as a dung beetles opinion.

Rastak
10-18-2006, 03:10 PM
From Christl's Blog:

The loss of Robinson

Here's the problem though Patler, if you invest time on him and then are counting on him next year and he does the same thing he does every other time, you now have to train his replacement because he's gone again. Look, if they think it's not going to happen OR they think he can be Jerry Rice then I guess it's worth it, otherwise it just makes good business sense to find a long term replacement and let him become someone elses problem....that's my take.

Patler
10-18-2006, 03:25 PM
Here's the problem though Patler, if you invest time on him and then are counting on him next year and he does the same thing he does every other time, you now have to train his replacement because he's gone again. Look, if they think it's not going to happen OR they think he can be Jerry Rice then I guess it's worth it, otherwise it just makes good business sense to find a long term replacement and let him become someone elses problem....that's my take.

Well, they won't be wasting any time with him before next year because they are allowed to have no contact with him.

Clearly they can't "count" on him because it will be after the start of the 2007 season at the earliest before he can return, and that isn't even certain. He can apply for reinstatement as of 9/18/2007, but it may not be granted until sometime later. The Packers certainly can't count on him.

But, if October 2007 rolls around and because of injury or whatever the Packers have a roster spot for him, if he has seemed to learn something from the suspension and hasn't relapsed in over a year, what's the harm in honoring what is left of a minimum wage contract with him? They can then decide at the end of 2007 whether to continue the relationship.

I think it is exteme arrogance for Christl to conclude now, today, that bringing Robinson back in that situation would be strike two against TT.

MJZiggy
10-18-2006, 03:35 PM
This, of course, leads me to a question. If Robinson is gone for the year, and he was receiving counseling and support in GB, is he now cut off from his support system as well? So now the NFL expects him to stay clean without any of the tools he had in place to assist him in that endeavor?

Patler
10-18-2006, 03:46 PM
This, of course, leads me to a question. If Robinson is gone for the year, and he was receiving counseling and support in GB, is he now cut off from his support system as well? So now the NFL expects him to stay clean without any of the tools he had in place to assist him in that endeavor?

One article said he could still attend the team sponsored counseling, but the problem I see with that is that an article a couple weeks ago said the Packers had him attending daily counseling sessions right at the stadium. Now the onus will be on him to go to it somewhere else, because he can't be at the Packer facilities. He also will be on his own to make sure he attends. But, he needs to make to commitment himself anyway, if he is to be successful.

It's not like there aren't an abundance of programs out there for those who want one. He need not be "on his own" if he doesn't want to be.

Partial
10-18-2006, 03:56 PM

Asshat is a great word. I also like ass clown (e.g. the secondary is full of no talent ass clowns).

These are two hilarious posts right here! :lol: :lol:

Rastak
10-18-2006, 04:19 PM

With all due respect Ziggy, every single solitary issue he's had, every relapse has happened WHILE he was on an NFL roster! I have no idea what the heck people are talking about here. Maybe the NFL lifestyle IS the problem.

BF4MVP
10-18-2006, 04:23 PM

Michael Bolton - "Well, at least your name isn't Michael Bolton."

Samir - "There's nothing wrong with that name."

Michael - "There was nothing wrong with it, until I was about 12 years old, and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning grammies."

:lol: :lol: :lol: One of the best movies ever :lol: :lol: :lol:

Patler
10-18-2006, 04:25 PM
Maybe the NFL lifestyle IS the problem.

You never know, it could be.

What kind of support program did the Vikings set up for him? Anything like the Packers mandatory daily session right at the stadium?

Partial
10-18-2006, 04:25 PM

Michael Bolton - "Well, at least your name isn't Michael Bolton."

Samir - "There's nothing wrong with that name."

Michael - "There was nothing wrong with it, until I was about 12 years old, and that no-talent ass clown became famous and started winning grammies."

:lol: :lol: :lol: One of the best movies ever :lol: :lol: :lol:

"what would you do if you had a million dollars?"

"Two chicks at the same time."

:lol: :lol:

cpk1994
10-18-2006, 05:01 PM

Well, they won't be wasting any time with him before next year because they are allowed to have no contact with him.

Clearly they can't "count" on him because it will be after the start of the 2007 season at the earliest before he can return, and that isn't even certain. He can apply for reinstatement as of 9/18/2007, but it may not be granted until sometime later. The Packers certainly can't count on him.

But, if October 2007 rolls around and because of injury or whatever the Packers have a roster spot for him, if he has seemed to learn something from the suspension and hasn't relapsed in over a year, what's the harm in honoring what is left of a minimum wage contract with him? They can then decide at the end of 2007 whether to continue the relationship.

I think it is exteme arrogance for Christl to conclude now, today, that bringing Robinson back in that situation would be strike two against TT.

Christl is just doing his "I told ya so, neener, neener, neener" dance because after he wrote his first article he got called out for being the hypocritical POS that he is. Instead of refuting the claims made against him he wrote a blog entry saying he wouldn't respond to anymore email and than proceded to hide under his desk because his ego couldn't handled being called out like that. Now that the suspension is official, Christl comes crawling back out and celebrates like he is the smartest guy on the planet. I am still waiting for the article where he rips the Rams for keeping Leonard Little on the team.

Rastak
10-18-2006, 05:41 PM

What kind of support program did the Vikings set up for him? Anything like the Packers mandatory daily session right at the stadium?

Not sure Patler, but it doesn't sound like Childress's style to babysit anyone.

Patler
10-18-2006, 06:31 PM

Actually, I was more interested in what Tice and the team did last year.

Rastak
10-18-2006, 06:48 PM

Actually, I was more interested in what Tice and the team did last year.

Again, not sure. I would hope he'd hold him accountable and not babysit him but then again Tice was ultra player friendly and lots of guys got away with lots of stuff, from what I've read anyway.