PDA

View Full Version : So who is at WR now?

Tony Oday
10-17-2006, 05:45 PM
Martin, Jennings and Driver?

ah...

hmmmm.....

:evil:

Badgepack
10-17-2006, 05:58 PM
What is up with Ruvell, was he not getting playing time because of KR and Fergy, or is he not stepping up to deserve playing time? I don't get to see many games, only listen, so I don't know if he's playing anything more than special teams.

hurleyfan
10-17-2006, 06:03 PM
Mentioned in a different post,

what about Rogers (Cory?) the kid the Pac released late in camp.;. the guy charged with shooting in self defense outside a bar?

Pretty talented but had some drops right?

packinpatland
10-17-2006, 06:14 PM
Is TT doing anything to acquire additional WR's? One these guys goes down and we're in trouble. Or should I say 'more trouble'?

BF4MVP
10-17-2006, 06:18 PM
I don't think the Packers will be signing any receivers.

My prediction is this: Ruvell Martin is elevated to third receiver :shock: and David Martin lines up as the fourth receiver..Maybe we promote someone from the practice squad, but no one who really makes a significant differece...

I would be pleasantly surprised if we brought in Charles Rogers (for example) but I don't see it happening..

FritzDontBlitz
10-17-2006, 06:24 PM
bring back rod gardner, at least you have a player familiar with the offense.

if not him, they are gonna have to sign somebody since robinson and fergy are pretty much done for the season. no way you play the last 11 games with three wideouts.

who else of note is out there besides gardner?

Oscar
10-17-2006, 06:28 PM
I was thinking Gardner was with someone.. Chiefs... Maby?? Maby not...

FritzDontBlitz
10-17-2006, 06:29 PM
maybe you could change the name of this thread to "who will the pack sign to play wr?"

FritzDontBlitz
10-17-2006, 06:30 PM
i'm diggin the hawkman icon, jeffro...

FritzDontBlitz
10-17-2006, 06:31 PM
i just checked. gardner was signed by the chiefs two weeks after the pack cut him according to a search i did on espn.com

Oscar
10-17-2006, 06:32 PM
Thanks Fritz. The ultimate super hero.. :mrgreen:

billy_oliver880
10-17-2006, 06:47 PM
I was thinking Gardner was with someone.. Chiefs... Maby?? Maby not...

I think he might be the chiefs number 2 guy?!?!?!

Brando19
10-17-2006, 06:52 PM
Mike McCarthy just said they'll make a decision on who will replace Koren/Fergie in the next 24 hours. (Interview on Packers.com)

HarveyWallbangers
10-17-2006, 06:54 PM

I don't think he's even top 3. I think it's Kennison, Samie Parker, and Dante Hall. Gardner only has 2 catches on the year.

If Thompson sticks with to his M.O., Chris Francies or Calvin Russell will be on the active roster this weekend. Maybe both of them. There's really not much available they're going to find anyways.

billy_oliver880
10-17-2006, 07:00 PM

I don't think he's even top 3. I think it's Kennison, Samie Parker, and Dante Hall. Gardner only has 2 catches on the year.

If Thompson sticks with to his M.O., Chris Francies or Calvin Russell will be on the active roster this weekend. Maybe both of them. There's really not much available they're going to find anyways.

I think hall is hurt right now. So he might be number 3.

Bretsky
10-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Have no fears; I just got the call from TT and will be in camp tomorrow. It was me or Taco and this year TT made the right choice.

B

GBRulz
10-17-2006, 07:51 PM
the Pack signed a new waterboy! Congrats, B :wink:

Bretsky
10-17-2006, 08:00 PM
the Pack signed a new waterboy! Congrats, B :wink:

Not qualified to be a waterboy.

I AM BEERMAN

KYPack
10-17-2006, 08:49 PM

what about Rogers (Cory?) the kid the Pac released late in camp.;. the guy charged with shooting in self defense outside a bar?

Kid's a menace, HF.

He can't hack the program.

That's TT's biggest screw-up in last year's draft (4th round cut)

billy_oliver880
10-17-2006, 09:15 PM

Kid's a menace, HF.

Hell he couldn't field a punt.

packers11
10-17-2006, 09:18 PM
WOW, THIS PISSES ME OFF...... Why wouldn't T.T. go after a WR that wants to be traded? The deadline is over now we are with 3 WR.... YAY lets call Taco again so he can run the wrong routes and get Favre intercepted one more time....

Calvin Johnson would be my pick this next draft.... It would make a solid 3, and a solid 2 for the next 10 years.....

GrnBay007
10-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Application For Employment

Wide Receivers preferred

Prospective employees shall be afforded equal opportunity. However making a slight donation of $50.00 to the receptionist will improve the
chances of your completed application making it to the H.R. Dept.
All information that you release in this application will probably be viewed by the receptionist, her boyfriend, the cleaning lady, our telephone repairman, the pizza delivery boy, and potentially anyone who
walks by the desk your application is laying on.

1. Position Applied For: ___ Eye Candy ___ Tattletale ___ Sucker ___ Head Cheese ______ Wide Receiver

2. Are you a Brown-Noser? ___ Yes ___ No

3. Can you pass a lie detector test? ___Yes ___ No

( If you answered 2 out of 3 questions with a yes please proceed to fill out the rest of the application. If you answered no to any of the above
questions we are sorry to inform you that the position has already been filled. Please toss this application in the trash on your way out of the
building ).

Last Name: _____________________ Middle Initial: ____ First Name: _____________________

Social Security No. ____________________ Credit Card No. ____________________ Exp. ______

Bank Name: __________________________ Acct. No. ___________________________________

Mailing Address: __________________________________________________ __________________

(Must be the same as your billing address for credit card).

Have you ever been admitted to a mental institution? ____ Yes ___ No

If yes, why did you want to leave there and apply for work here?__________

__________________________________________________ _____________________

Have you ever been convicted of a felony? ____ Yes ___ No

( If yes, what the hell are you still doing filling out this application? See above question no. 3 )

Are you married? ___ Yes ___ No

Date of birth: ___________________________

Favorite Drink: _________________________

Horoscope Sign: ________________________

Email Address: ________________________

Do you own your home? ___ Yes ___ No

Favorite Bar: ___________________________

Car Make/Color: ________________________

Please list any emotional hang-ups that you have in the space below and include a list of meds that you take for this:

I hereby attest and verify that the information I have provided in this application is absolutely false and misrepresented. I understand that any
true information which may be deliberately provided by me may lead to disqualification.

Signature:______________________________ Date:_________________________

KYPack
10-17-2006, 09:42 PM

Kid's a menace, HF.

Hell he couldn't field a punt.

You got it, Billy.

The guy didn't know the basics in fielding punts.

He was a lunger and a grabber.

Didn't anybody watch that sumbitch field a punt or two prior to the draft?

A fourth rounder is a high pick to just piss away.

007, you are too funny, woman!