PDA

View Full Version : Chris Chester, C, Oklahoma?

packrulz
04-21-2006, 05:15 AM
NFLdraftcountdown's new mock has the Pack taking Chester in the 3rd round. He could also project to guard but only has one year of experience. Sounds to me like a bit of a reach with a high 3rd rounder, especially since they have them taking G Davin Joseph in the 2nd. If TT took Chester he might be passing on guys like DE Adeyanju, RB Calhoun, TE Dominique Byrd, LB Abdul Hodge, WR Derek Hagan, or CB David Pittman. Doesn't matter I guess, TT will probably be trading anyway and pick a bunch of guys I never heard of. I am very concerned though about who is going to play C/G, I'm sure Favre is too.

HarveyWallbangers
04-21-2006, 07:35 AM
Chester is projected as a 3rd round pick. I saw a mock draft that had him going in the 2nd round. Personally, for our system I'd rather have Greg Eslinger.

gbpackfan
04-21-2006, 09:37 AM
If we are going to take a C that early, I would much rather take Mangold with our 2nd pick. Although, there is a good chance he will be gone. I'm not that high on Chester, almost every scouting report I have read talks about his pontential and needing time to be a starter. Well, if we draft a G in round 2-3 we could get a starter. I would much rather grab a WR or CB in the 3rd. I have us taking Hagan, Stoval or D. Williams in the 3rd (one of them will fall).

Partial
04-21-2006, 10:21 AM
I think they should trade down in the second and add a third. That way, they add Davin Joseph and they can also add Eslinger and will have a 3rd round pick to spare on a corner or a linebacker or Brandon Williams.

I am beginning to think the defense will be pretty solid if they can add Arrington and Hawk. I would hope that between Kenny Peterson, MM and KGB they could stop the run, hold up an OT and let the linebackers make a play.

HarveyWallbangers
04-21-2006, 01:15 PM
I think they should trade down in the second and add a third. That way, they add Davin Joseph and they can also add Eslinger and will have a 3rd round pick to spare on a corner or a linebacker or Brandon Williams.

I am beginning to think the defense will be pretty solid if they can add Arrington and Hawk. I would hope that between Kenny Peterson, MM and KGB they could stop the run, hold up an OT and let the linebackers make a play.

I think Joseph will be gone early in round 2. I'd like to get Eslinger, but he's valued late 3rd, early 4th. If we wait until the 4th, he might be gone. If we choose him with the 3rd, it might be too early. Who knows though? I wouldn't draft Brandon Williams before the 4th round.

My dream draft:
DE Mario Williams or A.J. Hawk in round 1
OG Davin Joseph in round 2
CB Cedric Griffin in round 3
OC Greg Eslinger in round 4 (or trade pick for Jeff Faine)
TE Owen Daniels in round 5
QB Reggie McNeal in round 5
WR prospect in round 7

I wish there was a way to get Maurice Stovall in my dream draft. If we could trade Javon for a 2nd round pick, that might do the trick.