PDA

View Full Version : Fassel/Rowen canned, is it time for Shitty to go?

Fosco33
10-17-2006, 10:48 PM
Many people said it's not common for first year coaches... but it's not really common midseason either.

Fritz
10-18-2006, 02:15 PM
In my fantasies the Pack fired Sh_ttenheimer right after the St. Louis game. Gives them two weeks to get the new guy going.

But it looks like the dude stays. Say, did anyone see C. Havel's chat the other day? Someone asked a question about Sh_ttenheimer, and Havel unloaded on the guy. Has a severe, deep dislike for Sh_ttenheimer. It was surprising in its intensity, that response.

Creepy
10-18-2006, 02:29 PM
MM is the first year coach, Schottenheimer is not, he has been in this position twice. He has done nothing in two attempts, he needs to be canned. When he left GB he did not become the DB coach anywhere else, so it was a bad mistake to bring him back. Watching a CB like Harris who last year covered everything and everyone he was assigned, degrade to being beaten by a teams #2 & #3 receiver. A pro-bowl CB like Woodson getting tore apart, and evreybody wants to blame Harris for his age and Woodson because of his injury. It is Schittyheimer and his techniques.

There is no other explanation why Collins as a rookie played better than he does now, or Manuel who was considered a good move and much better than Roman makes you wish Roman were back. It has to be the coaching as evrybody didn't get stupid or bad at the same time. If they did, then GB needs to get dressed in the opposing locker room and let the visitors use their water.

Packnut
10-18-2006, 02:53 PM
The buddy system has always amazed me when it comes to HC's. No way in hell, if my ass is on the line, that I'm letting a coach stay who does'nt get results. My opinion on MM would have gone way up had he fired him after the Rams game.

Partial
10-18-2006, 03:23 PM
The buddy system has always amazed me when it comes to HC's. No way in hell, if my ass is on the line, that I'm letting a coach stay who does'nt get results. My opinion on MM would have gone way up had he fired him after the Rams game.

Come on now, its a TEAM sport. The coaching staff is part of the TEAM. Ride together; die together. That's how I roll.

Patler
10-18-2006, 04:10 PM
When he left GB he did not become the DB coach anywhere else, so it was a bad mistake to bring him back.

Your facts are wrong. After leaving GB following the 2004 season, Schottenheimer was the secondary coach for the Rams in 2005.

chain_gang
10-18-2006, 04:38 PM
Right, he was, but that wouldn't be something for him or us too get excited about. I think they allowed like 26 passing tds and only had 12 or 13 Int's when he went to the Rams.(I realize it's not all his fault, but he's been a part of some of the worst secondary's in the past couple years.) And remember six of those games were against the NFC west, where they should have been able to create some more TO's against the likes of Arizona and the 49ers.

Still even if they fire him, what's going to help the pass rush. That was my number 1 concern in the offseason, and it's part/most of the reason, we don't create more TO's. Any top defensive team you name them, can get a consistent pass rush. And that is what will help the secondary most of all. Unfortunately, we'll have to hope that they can somehow develope one. Not firing a position coach.

MacCool606
10-18-2006, 10:28 PM
I would like to think the buddy system is a 2 way street. I'm still pulling for Schottenheimer to do the right thing for MM and resign. (Com on - Dive on the grenade Kurt and save the platoon! Only way I can see that you can salvage any respect!)

Fosco33
10-19-2006, 06:46 PM
So, not one person here thinks he should stay? Anyone able to send this info to M3 :lol: