PDA

View Full Version : Favre's Comments on K-Rob

BallHawk
10-18-2006, 06:05 PM
If you go to ESPN.com or, I'd guess, Packers.com, there is a video of Favre expressing his comments on Koren's situation. After hearing his commments, I agree with them very much. He states that he is not against the NFL banning K-Rob for a year, but not allowing him to visit the team facilities is wrong. I can see his point on this. The guy is going to have positive influences around him in the locker room, more so than if he is sitting at home by himself.

I've never understood why the NFL makes it that way. If they want the guy to recover than let him be around the game, not out of it, where bad influences and bad people could be about. I'm not stating that if he is in the lockerroom he will never smoke the pipe or go back to the bottle, but one would assume it'd be less likely.

MJZiggy
10-18-2006, 06:18 PM
At least he would remember the goal...

FritzDontBlitz
10-18-2006, 06:30 PM
the nfl is just like most when dealing with substance abuse: they concentrate more on punishment than on rehabilitation. sad but true.

MadtownPacker
10-18-2006, 07:53 PM
How dare Favre speak up about his teammate. I hope the media is all over this one like last season when he spoke up about walker.

Fosco33
10-18-2006, 09:55 PM
I'm sure it's more personal for Brett given his previous addictions and apparent recovery. He got very lucky and had good influences outside of the team - Diana is a strong, wonderful person. We're all lucky that they're together.

I hope KR is able to bounce back - instinct tells me different.

Again, why the hell does the NFL or team management not just get full time drivers for some of these guys (especially for those who like to partake in the things that normal people do)?

Maybe I should start a business for teams. I bet you I'd have $0 in cost. Volunteers (with background checks, etc) would want to drive famous athletes around (contractual limitations of sharing personal info needed). Then the cars would be donated by GM/Etc to say "Sponsor of NFL - Don't drink and drive". Charge teams a fair use contract (think of it as insurance for these types of situations).

Anyone want to join me? :lol:

gbpackfan
10-18-2006, 10:04 PM
Last year the media roasted Favre for not "mentoring" A-Rod. Now, the media is roasting Favre FOR mentoring K-Rod. Now, I know he is mentoring K in a different way then A, but you get the point. Last year Favre wasn't a good teammate, now he is too good of a teammate. What a fucking joke!

MJZiggy
10-18-2006, 10:09 PM
It will be interesting to read what comments they use tomorrow. That press conference played like a BF love fest. He spread love all over the place and I wonder what the media will pull out of it. We shall see.

GoPack06
10-19-2006, 08:28 AM
he's right. Its dumb to think that he couldn't be with the team working out and staying around something that would help his addiction. Koren's been very honest and upfront about it. I just don't get it.

Badgepack
10-19-2006, 08:40 AM
Favre always calls bullshit when he sees it. Got to admire that.

packinpatland
10-19-2006, 10:25 AM
Best 'punishment' there could be is letting him workout in the weightroom, and other facilities. Don't think he should practice with the team, what would be the purpose. Just let him be with his teammates, let them be there for encouragement. Yes, he can have contact with the players, outside of Lambeau, but............
We all know how it is when someone we know goes thru a bad time, we mean well, take a casserole, write a note, make a phone call and in time get caught up in our own daily lives and soon forget those good intentions.
Letting him 'in' would be a constant daily reminder of what he lost and that if he wants this back, he needs to shape up and stay on the wagon.

mngolf19
10-19-2006, 02:03 PM
Best 'punishment' there could be is letting him workout in the weightroom, and other facilities. Don't think he should practice with the team, what would be the purpose. Just let him be with his teammates, let them be there for encouragement. Yes, he can have contact with the players, outside of Lambeau, but............
We all know how it is when someone we know goes thru a bad time, we mean well, take a casserole, write a note, make a phone call and in time get caught up in our own daily lives and soon forget those good intentions.
Letting him 'in' would be a constant daily reminder of what he lost and that if he wants this back, he needs to shape up and stay on the wagon.

I agree, and obviously being around "friends" and the team have not helped him so far in his battle. This allows him to focus on one thing, and one thing only. His support should be coming from family. His friends and teammates can help him at home.

red
10-19-2006, 05:56 PM
if i where him i would do my time in jail, then do a very long stay in rehab