PDA

View Full Version : NFL's Dirtiest Players.........

]{ilr]3
10-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Didnt see that this had been posed anywhere so I thought I would put it up here.

Rodney Harrison, Patriots.....23%
Joey Porter, Steelers.....6%
Jon Runyan, Eagles.....6%
Warren Sapp, Raiders.....5%
Kyle Turley, Chiefs.....4%
Hines Ward, Steelers.....4%
Sean Taylor, Redskins.....3%
John Lynch, Broncos.....3%
Kevin Mawae, Titans.....3%
Olin Kreutz, Bears.....2%

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/players/10/17/poll.1017/

[Based on a survey of 361 NFL players]

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

FAST FACTS:
Chiefs T Kyle Turley was fifth (4.1%), even though he missed all of 2004 and '05 (back injury)....
More than 48% of WRs chose Harrison....
Porter got 26.8% of votes within the AFC North....
Steelers WR Hines Ward was the top vote-getter among skill position players (3.7%)....
The only QB to draw a vote was Patriot Tom Brady....
Titans DT Albert Haynesworth, serving a five-game ban for stomping on the face of Dallas C Andre Gurode, didn't get a vote;
the poll was conducted in the preseason.

Guiness
10-19-2006, 10:31 PM
Personally, I've never seen Lynch as dirty. Hits like a dump truck, but legal. Of course, I'm sure someone will now point out a play where he intentially tried to injure someone!

So, what the heck does Ward do? That's odd.

Notable is that there are no DE's on the list. Did they ask any O linemen? Or are they all so nasty that none stand out!

Partial
10-19-2006, 10:46 PM
Personally, I've never seen Lynch as dirty. Hits like a dump truck, but legal. Of course, I'm sure someone will now point out a play where he intentially tried to injure someone!

So, what the heck does Ward do? That's odd.

Notable is that there are no DE's on the list. Did they ask any O linemen? Or are they all so nasty that none stand out!

He actually blocks DBs :lol: :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
10-19-2006, 11:30 PM
Lynch leads with his head A LOT. Chuck Cecil and other players got into trouble for it. Lynch mostly gets a free pass. That's fine. I personally like the Chuck Cecil types.
:D

Bretsky
10-19-2006, 11:51 PM
KENNY STILLS- Ex Badger who had one of the greatest hits I can remember.

hurleyfan
10-25-2006, 05:52 PM

Also notable there are no Offensive linemen on the list, specially Denver Broncos & Atlanta Falcons! Don't those D-Linemen always complain about the "zone blocking/crack back/cut blocking" scheme employed by those teams? And now the Packer...

NewsBruin
10-26-2006, 12:39 AM
There is Kreutz, but he's not too high up on the list.

packinpatland
10-26-2006, 05:53 AM
Can't stand John Lynch, never have , never will.
He's always just under the radar with his 'legal' hits.

chewy-bacca
10-26-2006, 08:03 AM
Lynch leads with his head A LOT. Chuck Cecil and other players got into trouble for it. Lynch mostly gets a free pass. That's fine. I personally like the Chuck Cecil types.
:D

your right, and hes always getting neck stingers....wonder why..... :?