PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodgers

Brando19
10-19-2006, 08:41 PM
Sports Illustrated's website is doing an article on the top 10 QB's under 25 yrs old. Aaron Rodgers ranked 7th...beating out Alex Smith and Jay Cutler. Pretty impressive to beat Cutler and Smith (who was taken over him in the draft).
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0610/gallery.nfl.top10youngQBs/content.4.html

vince
10-19-2006, 08:58 PM
I'm a little surprised to see Rodgers there actually. Grossman must be a shade over 25? If he's under 25, I'd have him on the list over Alex Smith.

I think Cutler has a chance to be great. He's got a rocket arm and is with the right team. Denver's perennially strong running attack is a good environment for a QB. I'd have ranked him much higher on this list. Obviously it's pure speculation, but I'd put him up there with Eli Manning.

Gruden seems to be high on Gradkowski, but he seems to be a stretch on this list at this point.

edit: Grossman's 26. He just looks younger than that I guess...

]{ilr]3
10-19-2006, 09:12 PM
Wow, Rodgers is only 22?! I thought he was 24 by now since he has been in the league 2 years. Even Cutler is older than he is. Rodgers could have a nice long career in the NFL.

Brando19
10-19-2006, 09:21 PM
From what I've seen...I would rather have Cutler to replace Favre than Rodgers. Cutler has the rocket arm Favre has and he is a good size, too.

]{ilr]3
10-19-2006, 09:35 PM
From what I've seen...I would rather have Cutler to replace Favre than Rodgers. Cutler has the rocket arm Favre has and he is a good size, too.

I guess we better hope for the best from Rodgers then because the only way Denver will be giving up on Culter is if he sucks. Given that Rodgers is still younger than Cutler and already has more than a year in the NFL I like Rodgers chances as much as Cutlers. There is raw talent and then there is young and stupid. I hope Rodgers gets most of the young and stupid out of him self now and has some more time to hone is talent.

I am a bit biased as I like Rodgers and hope the best for him. I think the Pack will be best served if they can pick up RB or anouther top defensive player in the draft next year and pass on a QB if they end up picking high in the draft again.

Brando19
10-19-2006, 09:51 PM
{ilr]3]

I guess we better hope for the best from Rodgers then because the only way Denver will be giving up on Culter is if he sucks. Given that Rodgers is still younger than Cutler and already has more than a year in the NFL I like Rodgers chances as much as Cutlers. There is raw talent and then there is young and stupid. I hope Rodgers gets most of the young and stupid out of him self now and has some more time to hone is talent.

I am a bit biased as I like Rodgers and hope the best for him. I think the Pack will be best served if they can pick up RB or anouther top defensive player in the draft next year and pass on a QB if they end up picking high in the draft again.

I would love for the Packers to pick up a great running back in the draft. However, if Calvin Johnson is on the board...I won't lie...I'd love for the Pack to take him.

BF4MVP
10-20-2006, 12:35 AM
Ben Roethlisberger is terrible this year.

GBRulz
10-20-2006, 12:44 AM

I wouldn't count him out yet. He's only played in 4 games this year, plus recovering from a very serious accident, plus the appendiosotomy (sp?)

He actually played very well last week, with a perfect QB rating if I'm not mistaken.

BobDobbs
10-20-2006, 04:03 AM
I'm definitely willing to wait and see Rodgers in action. He has looked calm in the pocket when I've seen him. I do think that he lacks leadership qualities. He doesn't have the look of someone that people gravitate to and play harder for. McNabb, Carson Palmer, Tom Brady, of course Favre they all have a certain Charisma that elevates everyone's game including their own.
When I see Rodgers I think of Joey Harrington. Kinda stoop shouldered guy who doesn't radiate confidence and thus doesn't inspire it in me. Well, here's to him proving me wrong over the next few years.

]{ilr]3
10-20-2006, 06:29 AM
I'm definitely willing to wait and see Rodgers in action. He has looked calm in the pocket when I've seen him. I do think that he lacks leadership qualities. He doesn't have the look of someone that people gravitate to and play harder for. McNabb, Carson Palmer, Tom Brady, of course Favre they all have a certain Charisma that elevates everyone's game including their own.
When I see Rodgers I think of Joey Harrington. Kinda stoop shouldered guy who doesn't radiate confidence and thus doesn't inspire it in me. Well, here's to him proving me wrong over the next few years.

I think so too, but thats one of the areas I ecpect to improve with age and its a bonus for him to be learning this stuff at an early age within the NFL.

Guiness
10-20-2006, 07:51 AM

I wouldn't count him out yet. He's only played in 4 games this year, plus recovering from a very serious accident, plus the appendiosotomy (sp?)

He actually played very well last week, with a perfect QB rating if I'm not mistaken.

Ya? Well, he's got the brain the size of a pea to be riding a 'busa around without a helmet, so I wouldn't count on him making any other smart decisions. Here I am on my bike

http://katriders.com/forums/images/avatars/1009321924450f7598b6cf2.jpg

Notice helmet and full leathers??? :crazy:

As far as Rodgers, I'm surprised to see him that high. Not because I don't think he'll be ok, but because I wonder how they evaluated him, given the definite lack of NFL film on him! Did they attend practice or something?

LaFours
10-20-2006, 07:57 AM

I would agree that right now he doesn't seem like a leader...but I believe this is partly due to Brett still being around. Don't get me wrong, I think Brett being around is in the best interest of the team and would love to get a few more years out of him if possible, but its gotta be hard for Rogers to step into the "Alpha-male" role when someone like Favre is still around. Just my opinion though.

Scott Campbell
10-20-2006, 08:17 AM
I'm a little surprised to see Rodgers there actually. Grossman must be a shade over 25? If he's under 25, I'd have him on the list over Alex Smith.

I think people will eventually have to re-evaluate Alex Smith. His passing rating is 12th in the NFL, and is ahead of Grossman and everyone on that SI list except Eli Manning and Rivers. And he's handicapped with one of the worst rosters in the NFL. And he's still only 22.

Bretsky
10-20-2006, 08:23 AM
Good Points about Smith; he was horrid last year but is young and is playing very respectable.

Rodgers does seem very liked by him teammates. Last year Flanagan spoke highly of him and noted he had leadership like qualities and there was mutual respect there.

I'm not concerned about his leadership; I'm concerned about the talent.

I will say he's looked a heck of a lot better than last year; hopefully Favre comes back next year as well and Rodgers can continue his improvement as well.

B

vince
10-20-2006, 06:35 PM
Rodgers is only 22! He'll be starting at 25 after Favre retires a Super Bowl champ in 08. :smile: