PDA

View Full Version : WHO WILL WIN SUNDAY AND WHY ??

Bretsky
10-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Visit B's Breakdown at

http://packerrats.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=32

Feel free to comment, ridicule, and post your predictions in here as well.

OKC PackerFan
10-20-2006, 07:59 PM
I think the Packers will win. With Green back feeling right and O-line showing improvement, the running game will get on track and sustain drives but it won't be easy. The secondary will bend and not break while feasting on Harington. As long as we don't fumble the ball inside our 20 and in the red zone we will win.

Packers- 27

Fins- 17

esoxx
10-20-2006, 10:14 PM
Nice write up B.

Unfortunately, I don't share confidence the Packers are going to win this week. They've never won in Miami and are playing a team with a solid D, especially the front 7. Taylor's comments convey a team desperate for victory and those teams are usually trouble. I'd rather have a team overlooking us going in. For a change, that won't be the case this weekend.

Most assume with Joey Harrington as QB a win is in the bag. Still, this is a Packers team that's lost 15 out of the last 21 games played and many losses came against pathetic QB's such as Mike McMahon, Charlie Batch, Kyle Boller and the aformentioned Joey Harrington.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Bretsky
10-20-2006, 10:20 PM
Nice write up B.

Unfortunately, I don't share confidence the Packers are going to win this week. They've never won in Miami and are playing a team with a solid D, especially the front 7. Taylor's comments convey a team desperate for victory and those teams are usually trouble. I'd rather have a team overlooking us going in. For a change, that won't be the case this weekend.

Most assume with Joey Harrington as QB a win is in the bag. Still, this is a Packers team that's lost 15 out of the last 21 games played and many losses came against pathetic QB's such as Mike McMahon, Charlie Batch, Kyle Boller and the aformentioned Joey Harrington.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Thanks for kind words esoxx; if I'm writing occasional articles all of mine will have strong views and some will hopefully spur discussion. One asked me about further evidence OL DL analysis as to why GB will win. I think the Lines favor Miami so I declined to add that.

For me it's just a gut feeling that Harrington will choke and revert back to his old self. After bye week our D should be ready.

B

LEWCWA
10-20-2006, 10:24 PM
The Packers, cause I want them too!!! :mrgreen:

Badgepack
10-21-2006, 12:15 AM
The Packers because we are due, way overdue for a win and some lucky breaks.

mmmdk
10-21-2006, 03:04 AM
The Packers because we are due, way overdue for a win and some lucky breaks.

I second the above. It's just time - Saints had never won at Lambeau and won. Packers have never won in Miami and will win - It's just time!

gbpackfan
10-21-2006, 05:50 AM
Neither team will be able to run the ball all that well.

Brett Favre will be a better QB at 50 then Joey H was in his prime (did he have a prime?)

The Packers will win, be it won't be easy.

Packers 24
Dolphine 17

packrulz
10-21-2006, 06:29 AM
I'm a little suprised the 'fins are favored by 4 1/2, like the Packers they've only won one game. Their defense is solid but I got a feeling Nunn and Sanders will want to put in a respectable defense also. Ahman will get 100+ yards. GB 30-'fins 17

BlueBrewer
10-21-2006, 08:35 AM
I'm a little suprised the 'fins are favored by 4 1/2, like the Packers they've only won one game. Their defense is solid but I got a feeling Nunn and Sanders will want to put in a respectable defense also. Ahman will get 100+ yards. GB 30-'fins 17

The line is up to 5 now.

Partial
10-21-2006, 08:48 AM
Packers are equally desperate Esoxx. Remember, they're young and need to build confidence. I have a hunch they pull this one off and do it is style. Favre torches the rookie db for 3 tds.

PackerPro42
10-21-2006, 09:21 AM
I think that Miami has a lot of talent and you guys shouldn't underestimate them.

Partial
10-21-2006, 09:23 AM
I think that Miami has a lot of talent and you guys shouldn't underestimate them.

we're all homers! :cow:

gbpackfan
10-21-2006, 09:49 AM

Where did you get that line, the book of NFL cliches? We know. Every team in the NFL has talent. These are just predictions.

BallHawk
10-21-2006, 09:54 AM

Teams with lots of talent don't lose to the Texans.

Partial
10-21-2006, 09:57 AM

Teams with lots of talent don't lose to the Texans.

Why? I predicted the Dolphins as challenger for the super bowl. It's a bad year. They are beat up at QB at OL badly. Same thing can be said about Tampa Bay. They have plenty of talent and are stinking it up.

Zool
10-21-2006, 10:01 AM
Ummm Joey Harrington is starting. If you neeed to see this again.

Joey Harrington is starting.

Partial
10-21-2006, 10:02 AM

Right, they have all sorts of problems at quarterback. To play Devil's Advocate, historically Joey Harrington has given the Packers some trouble.

PackerPro42
10-21-2006, 10:20 AM
Joey Harrington hasn't been that bad in Miami. Plus I don't think we should underestimate the Dolphins because we suck too. That's just what the Packers need, go into a game overconfident and just get dominated.

Badgepack
10-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Seems like something is lacking here without Tank talking up Joey Harrington.

BallHawk
10-21-2006, 11:39 AM
Joey Harrington hasn't been that bad in Miami.

He has, IMO. He's thrown 4 INT to only 1 TD pass. He has a 63.5 QB rating. I'd say he's doing bad.

SD GB fan
10-21-2006, 11:43 AM

say where is tank these days? am i missing something?

Rastak
10-21-2006, 12:15 PM

Yea, that was a great schitk.....he's trying to make a comeback here per a post on JSO.

BooHoo
10-21-2006, 12:36 PM
Joey won't play well but maybe well enought to beat our pack. The team will have to show me more for me to add any more wins to their column. Will it be a 1-15 year or can we get 4 wins?

Bretsky
10-21-2006, 01:31 PM

Right, they have all sorts of problems at quarterback. To play Devil's Advocate, historically Joey Harrington has given the Packers some trouble.

But he's still 2-5 against GB.

esoxx
10-21-2006, 03:48 PM
Packers are equally desperate Esoxx.

Of course they are. However, the 'fins are the team that came into this season with Super Bowl talk, stemming from their strong finish last year and 9-7 record. Meanwhile, the Pack entered the season with no such expectations, even from their own fans.

Miami has a different kind of desperation based on expectations. Playing at home furthers that desperation.

88 degrees with high humidity has me concerned too. Remember a few years ago when the Packers were actually good and they crapped their pants in the desert against a bad Cardinal team?

Hope I'm wrong though.

Bretsky
10-22-2006, 10:00 PM
Maybe me writing an article predicting a Packer win was good karma. I'm a bit superstitious and wonder if I should keep doing this until we lose again.

B

MJZiggy
10-22-2006, 10:04 PM
Of course you should. :mrgreen: