PDA

View Full Version : 3 stages of wearing your Green n Gold

GrnBay007
10-21-2006, 01:12 PM
Found this on PackerPalace and thought it was kinda funny. Can anyone relate??

There are 3 stages to wearing your Green N Gold Packers colors. Stage 1 is when you expect the Packers to win and they actually do win week to week. You wear your Green N Gold around to show off your team spirt to the rest of the NFL viewing football world. Monday through Sunday, easy thing to strut around and be obnoxious and even a little bit arrogant when your team's on top.

Then comes stage 2, that's when you are expecting the Packers to win week to week, but the team is not living up to those expectations. You only start wearing your colors on Mondays after a Packers win on the previous Sunday, or maybe the Friday before a big game against a long-time foe. Some of your Packer gear actually starts to gather dust.

But it all comes full circle when stage 3 arrives, now your expectations for the Packers to win week to week fall into the farsical realm of impossibilities, your team is a joke, so you're back to wearing your Green N Gold gear Monday through Sunday just to be funny to the rest of the world. You've become a Packer Clown.

chewy-bacca
10-21-2006, 01:24 PM
You've become a Packer Clown.

:sad:

Fosco33
10-21-2006, 01:24 PM
Found this on PackerPalace and thought it was kinda funny. Can anyone relate??

There are 3 stages to wearing your Green N Gold Packers colors. Stage 1 is when you expect the Packers to win and they actually do win week to week. You wear your Green N Gold around to show off your team spirt to the rest of the NFL viewing football world. Monday through Sunday, easy thing to strut around and be obnoxious and even a little bit arrogant when your team's on top.

Then comes stage 2, that's when you are expecting the Packers to win week to week, but the team is not living up to those expectations. You only start wearing your colors on Mondays after a Packers win on the previous Sunday, or maybe the Friday before a big game against a long-time foe. Some of your Packer gear actually starts to gather dust.

But it all comes full circle when stage 3 arrives, now your expectations for the Packers to win week to week fall into the farsical realm of impossibilities, your team is a joke, so you're back to wearing your Green N Gold gear Monday through Sunday just to be funny to the rest of the world. You've become a Packer Clown.

:lol:

At first, I thought the end would be that you never wear it. Which I would have disagree with.

I would say I wore more G&G in public when the Packers were doing great (my whole life really). I still wear it occasionally but don't think about the wins/losses and it's pretty much on weekends only. I'll wear WI gear from time to time just to spark conversations - as you know :wink:

You'd be surprised at the people I've randomly met around the country who end up knowing WI/Milwaukee/etc. Or they go there infrequently.

Besides the obvious - go Pack, it then goes to Cheese - then Beer - then Harley's and rounds out with Madtown's partying or the EAA in Oshkosh. Sometimes, the coolest people I've met love WI for the north woods, Packers, the EAA and Summerfest. That's how I like to think about it anyways.

Who here is a Packer Clown?

Jimx29
10-21-2006, 03:39 PM
I don't know what you speak of :whist:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v24/numbnutz/me_pack.jpg

BallHawk
10-21-2006, 05:40 PM
I wear my Packer gear, Friday before the game, sometimes Saturday, gameday,(obviously) and if they win, I wear my gear the day after.

oregonpackfan
10-21-2006, 09:14 PM
My ex-Wisconsinite buddies and I will be proudly wearing our green and gold at Portland's Corbett Fish House tomorrow when the Packers play the Dolphins!

Once a Wisconsinite Packer Fan, always a Wisconsinite Packer fan, no matter where you live.

OPF

FavreChild
10-21-2006, 09:56 PM
I am TOTALLY a Packer clown, but I don't give a flying you-know-what.

Tomorrow, I am not only wearing my Packer gear, but I also have a stuffed Dolphin on-a-noose that will be making an appearance. It is a leftover prop from four years ago, used during the Miami @ Packers game in 2002 on Monday Night Football, when I sat in the Lambeau leap seats. First row, South End Zone. The greatest game I've ever been to.

Hopefully, tomorrow's performance won't taint my favorite Packers memory...

HarveyWallbangers
10-21-2006, 11:17 PM
I am TOTALLY a Packer clown, but I don't give a flying you-know-what.

Tomorrow, I am not only wearing my Packer gear, but I also have a stuffed Dolphin on-a-noose that will be making an appearance. It is a leftover prop from four years ago, used during the Miami @ Packers game in 2002 on Monday Night Football, when I sat in the Lambeau leap seats. First row, South End Zone. The greatest game I've ever been to.

Hopefully, tomorrow's performance won't taint my favorite Packers memory...

I ws at this game. MNF. I think it was raining also.

superfan
10-21-2006, 11:25 PM
My ex-Wisconsinite buddies and I will be proudly wearing our green and gold at Portland's Corbett Fish House tomorrow when the Packers play the Dolphins!

Once a Wisconsinite Packer Fan, always a Wisconsinite Packer fan, no matter where you live.

OPF

Amen, OPF. There is something comforting about knowing that the colors will be proudly displayed across the country. Win or lose.

FavreChild
10-22-2006, 01:07 AM
I ws at this game. MNF. I think it was raining also.

No, it was not raining. But it was COLD. Monday night before election eve. Lots of politicians, including Ed Thompson. If you remember any signs such as "Fish don't swim on Frozen Tundra" or "Forget Burgers - Gilbert likes Filet O' Fish" - that was me!

Also, we had a stuffed dolphin strung up on a noose that received lots of TV attention. Perfect seats for TV coverage. Hence, my favorite Packer memory.

packinpatland
10-22-2006, 04:10 PM
I have a sister-in-law, who the rest of the family thinks is the ulta Packer fan, you know, tatoos the whole bit. But she lives in Wisconsin!!!!!!!!

I, on the other hand, live in NewEngland. I still 'dress' for game day, there's a cheese on my front door and a GB flag flying. My point is, it's easy being a fan when all around you are in total alignment.

Sign me 'true fan'.......................thru all kinds of adversity.

MJZiggy
10-22-2006, 09:32 PM
I have a sister-in-law, who the rest of the family thinks is the ulta Packer fan, you know, tatoos the whole bit. But she lives in Wisconsin!!!!!!!!

I, on the other hand, live in NewEngland. I still 'dress' for game day, there's a cheese on my front door and a GB flag flying. My point is, it's easy being a fan when all around you are in total alignment.

Sign me 'true fan'.......................thru all kinds of adversity.

You and me both. Everywhere I go I am wearing my colors and everywhere I go I meet people because of them.