PDA

View Full Version : What are our main needs this offseason?

Tony Oday
10-21-2006, 02:54 PM
Just my thoughts in no order:

QB: nothing unless Favre retires then if he does we need a Vet backup OR we could say F you AR and try to get Matt Shaub ;)

RB: A stud rookie RB that can make decisive cuts in the ZBS system. I like Mike Turner in SD but who doesnt ;)

WR: Stud BIG guy prolly a third rounder or so

TE: I would love to see 6'7" Spaeth from Minnesota playing TE here

OL: One more Vet Guard to backup the line that can play center and guard.

DL: Dwight Freeney Other than that we already have a ton of good talent on the line

LB: SLB Adalius Thomas make it so :)

DB: We need a revamped secondary at the corner position we are either too old or too young there is no intermediate help! With that in mind and the fact that Woodson will be gone i would say SIGN NATE CLEMENTS!!!!! he is a stud CB and if we keep Woodson this team could have a dominate secondary. Think about this: Woodson at SS, Collins at FS, Harris covering a second WR and Clements shutting down a number one guy LOVE IT!

ST: Kickers are fine but I would like to see a Ponder or a Welker to return Kicks here.

Fosco33
10-21-2006, 03:16 PM
TO.

Lot's of football left. I'm hopefully optimistic we could be 4-4 soon enough.

I'm saying 7-9 to 9-7 (adjusted lower from my season long prediction of 9-7 with some close losses already).

But, for the offseason, it's primarily secondary players/coaches/schemes. We may need to address LB as well on D.

The OLine will gell over this year. Maybe upgrade w/ FA but grow deeper here late in the draft.

WR/RBs are a must - depending on if KRob is back before next October. Get rid of Hendo/Green and go hunting in FA or draft a potential with a 1st round pick.

QB is ok w/ w/o Favre. It will be ARod's year - we can get a journeyman backup in FA or a mid/late draft pick again (for a battle between Martin and someone else for backup/third string).

We've been blessed with over 15 years of QB durability. Can ARod play this long - probably not - likely not. We need some depth there for the obvious injury protection we haven't had to address in the last 10 years. Just think, if Brett had gotten hurt, we'd either have Hassleback, Brunell, etc. under center. We had quite the run/luck w/ QB. I think ARod will be ok his first year.

Bossman641
10-21-2006, 03:25 PM
Definitely need a RB and depending on what Favre does, possibly another QB. We need to start developing some tackles to replace Clifton and Tauscher down the line. A big playmaking WR is needed.

On defense it would be nice to grab a stud DE, but those are extremely difficult to find. The secondary needs to be revamped again. Marquand doesn't look like the answer. Need a starting CB as well as some backups.

Tony Oday
10-21-2006, 03:39 PM
Oh I know there is a lot of football left and since we are going to go on an 11 game win streak and winning the North I doubt we will get a decent pick HOWEVER I was just wondering since I was watching College ball today and Spaeth is fricken huge so it grew into a thread.

BallHawk
10-21-2006, 05:36 PM
Running Back and Wide Receiver are our biggest needs. Driver is still great, but he can't do it by himself every week. Jennings has been astounding, but we still need a solid #3. If you want a tall WR coming out of college later in the draft you could look at Matt Trannon out of MSU. 6'6, 235. Only problem is he runs a 4.65 40 yard dash.

As I have said before, I'm a huge Kenny Irons fan, if we get a high pick, we could trade down, pick up Irons in the middle and maybe pick up an OL or WR in the late 1st, early 2nd.

Packnut
10-21-2006, 06:37 PM
A new GENERAL MANAGER

Brando19
10-21-2006, 07:23 PM
A new GENERAL MANAGER

ABSO FREAKIN LUTELY!!!!

The Shadow
10-21-2006, 08:41 PM
One #1 pick + 1 quality free agent = 1 elite running back & 1 elite defensive tackle.

vince
10-21-2006, 08:45 PM
1. DE
1A. RB
2. CB
3. WR
4. TE
5. S
6. OT

red
10-22-2006, 09:27 AM
if favre comes back next year

bring in randy moss

favre can lob all the balls he wants downfield, moss can get them

we also need a rb, a kgb replacement, and new cb's and te's

and a new d-cord and secondary coach

Chubbyhubby
10-22-2006, 09:40 AM

bring in randy moss

I totally agree with a new d cord and secondary coach thats a given. IF the Packers continue to struggle and end up with a high draft pick once again, WHY would Favre come back? Seriously, he wants to win championships and ball games at this stage we are not doing either. TT told Favre that in the off season he would give him "weapons" WHERE are they TT?

If they the Pack don't improve this year in wins from last year or even 6-10 at most Favre days here are numbered. Don't expect him to return in my opinion.

GBRulz
10-22-2006, 05:07 PM
- DC
- Sec. Coach
- WR
- DE
- a replacement for Cliffy

red
10-22-2006, 06:17 PM

bring in randy moss

I totally agree with a new d cord and secondary coach thats a given. IF the Packers continue to struggle and end up with a high draft pick once again, WHY would Favre come back? Seriously, he wants to win championships and ball games at this stage we are not doing either. TT told Favre that in the off season he would give him "weapons" WHERE are they TT?

If they the Pack don't improve this year in wins from last year or even 6-10 at most Favre days here are numbered. Don't expect him to return in my opinion.

i don't know. favre sure has hell looks like he's having fun, and this is a very young team, they can only get better.

why stick around for the crappy years, only to leave before the payoff?

run pMc
10-23-2006, 08:50 AM
DB coach
DE
CB
RB
WR
S
TE
OT

Cheesehead Craig
10-23-2006, 10:00 AM
Tony,
So we just need 6 stud players and we'll be great. Boy, you're not asking for much! :lol: