PDA

View Full Version : Rants

Pages : 1 [2]

GBRulz
09-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Of course, they had to be from WI.

While being morbid and all, I have to make a wise crack about the part that says they didn't receive consent to have sex. DUH, the person was dead. :shock:

GrnBay007
09-07-2006, 12:53 AM
I don't get it. You are sick enough to have sex with a corpse, yet worried about using a condom? hello??

Bond on these guys was WAY to low and what's with the maximum 5 year sentence? BS!! If they've had no priors they won't even see a jail or prison cell once sentenced.

Just imagine how the family of this young girl feels? That story was in our local paper today and it just made me feel sick reading it.

MJZiggy
09-07-2006, 07:42 AM
I don't get it. You are sick enough to have sex with a corpse, yet worried about using a condom? hello??

That's what I was thinking too. What, are they worried she's gonna get pregnant??? *shudder* That is so disgusting!!

Kiwon
09-08-2006, 06:52 AM
:sad: Wisconsin. In the news again for all the wrong reasons.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-09-07-milwaukee-rape_x.htm

BallHawk
09-08-2006, 07:24 AM
:shock:

This is a sick world. What's wrong with people?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0906061grave1.html

That is just disgusting. Oh God, there'd be maggots everywhere, and she'd be all purple, and decayed. OMG, how could anybody get any pleasure out of that. For God's sake dude, if your that desperate get a hooker.

MJZiggy
09-08-2006, 07:40 AM
I don't think they were counting on that Ballhawk, I also don't think they were counting on a cement burial vault either.

GBRulz
09-08-2006, 08:33 AM
:sad: Wisconsin. In the news again for all the wrong reasons.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-09-07-milwaukee-rape_x.htm

OMG, I know that's been all over the news here.

A few of the neighborhoods in Milwaukee have been getting quite a bit of attention this year....for all the wrong reasons.

Scott Campbell
09-08-2006, 08:41 AM
Wow, that is gross.

But it's a good segue to my next rant. Don't you hate it when they just lay there?

woodbuck27
09-08-2006, 09:21 AM
Could someone please explain the concept of hang the fuck up and drive to these imbecils who drive around like torpedoes trying to kill everyone in their paths because they can't seem to drive with a damned phone stuck to their ears?????? No, I did not have an accident but there were sure enough people trying to get into one out there.

Anyone else got anything to get off their chests? I think I'm better now. Carry on.

Well as I come through " this wild thread " that needs to come fr. the TOP I'll respond to this original post to begin the thread.

Of course today, we are aware that we may be dealing with the menace (or another of the sort) that harmed so many that felt safe here, after choosing to deprt fr. the JSO Packer Forum. If that is in fact the case today he/she has to be stopped.

Two ways.

1) Ignore this vile person or 2. Go to smackdown mode. (I'm not sure y'all are as equipped as I am to go there) The macho thing isn't the answer. Entertaining this asshole isn't the answer.

PLEASE ALL. . .don't respond to him. Be very cautious to whom you respond to?

NO !!! Resond as you have but if it gets strange then go to " I don't need your BS mode". IGNORE that poster,PLEASE for ALL of us don't stroke his sicko ways.

If you read this " ASSHOLE ". . well you know. . .Haaaaahhhhh !!

My advice to ALL here my PACKERRAT Family and it's just common sense. . .ignore his/her ways. . close him/her off. I assume "in fact: this idiot is a male but that is irrelevant. Don't give that poster any POWER over any of YOU. ALL of us here have YOUR back on this issue. Don't panic. .don't overreact please just hit your OWN builtin IGNORE Button.

We need that feature here but YOU already possess it.

So if it's the same asshole. . I don't live in Toronto, ASSHOLE I presently reside in Montreal. I've never resided in Toronto but lived handy to that largest of Canadian City's a long time ago.

I left there to return to the pace of the Maritimes. .To the good life and people that have old fashioned values and morals.I hated driving in the City (on the freeway) in this huge City back then and it's nuts today.

I was always aware that I was close to death driving on the Freeway. I saw such mayham on the highway there.That was the main reason I left an awesome fast track career sold my house and left behind alot of wonderful friends. 55 Men/Friends that I touched while there in my many activities - attended a surprise going away party for me, and that was overwhelming to see/feel. . . so many that touched my life then. . . I had to make a sacrifice to get away from the speed of Toronto and environ's.

I moved here ( the Montreal Area) in March 2005 and I am aware I drive amongst the wildest drivers in the World. Everyone here want to be Mario Andretti. To drive the freeways here, is something none of you would enjoy unless your into thrill seeking. This place is very faaaassssttt !Way over the top too much traffic to police.They drive bumper to bumber often less than one car length at 80 -90 MPH.All you see in your rearview mirror is some idiot trying to ppush you off the road.this is the BIG CITY MONTREAL.The FAST pace.You cannot many of you apppreciate this as I've been all over and nothing is as fast as Montreal. This place is HUGE !! Way ove r the top too much selfishness here.this place has no soul.Well that describes Montreal.It's better where I live or I wouldn't be here.

Nothing takes from me. I am a strong Man.

Often the Lady and I will observe people driving at 80-90 MPH - left hand on the wheel and a DAM cell phone jammed into their stupid head with the right hand. Way too often we see that. It infuriates us to the point, that sometimes we are enraged shaking OUR fist at these assholes.

Careless people that don't have proper control of their vehicle. people that play carelessly with my life. . mine !!

Soon I expect the people here will force the Government "to crackdown on these careless impatient busy bodies" . The last thing I ever want when I'm not at HOME is anyone disturbing my freedom as I do whatever.

OUR Society is going backwards fast. It's going insane with the carelessness the selfishness of such a large percent of the population.

Anybody driving a potential dangerous weapon. . an automobile. . . with the DAM need to be yaking to Sally or Sam, instead of the attention required to operate a vehicle (with both hands on the wheel) has to be punished severely and that will happen in my Country.

I am a Canadian.That means alot, speaks mountains. We get OUR way here, as we are not afraid to use Freedom of Speech as it was meant to be used. Second thing.YOU can't BS a smart Canadian.

WE are upfront for "the Right".

Nothing intimidates Canadians NOT to fight for OUR rights. That is why we are respected and loved all over the world. In many respects we enjoy the finest Country in the world, and it can be better.

This use of Cell phone without a proper headset while operating a motorized vehicle will soon be STOPPED.

That is ridiculous carelessness.

As Canadians . . . we will fight that practise, by supporting a lobby group and organize against dangerous cell phone use in automobiles similiarly as we support MADD.

Want to or really feel the need to make a cell phone call? OK yet JUST this !!

Then before YOU do. Get the Hell off the road, because YOUR endangering me and my fellow Canadian citizens and people that visit my beautiful Country as OUR guests !!

Smarten up idiots !!

I'm outraged at this abuse of my safety when I'm out driving my car. When i'm on the highway, or in the Mall Parking lots. . I have to deal with madness from these self - indulgent idiots.

:evil: V.V. Angry at these inconsiderate clowns. :evil:

GBRulz
09-08-2006, 09:34 AM
While I agree in concept about cell phone use, I think there are more important issues that need to be addressed when it comes to driving.

That 80 year old going 45 on the Interstate is more dangerous than the person talking on their cell phone. How about having people retake ROAD tests every 10 years instead of just going in to the DMV and having their vision checked?

Repeat drunk drivers.... I mean we're talking 10, 11, 12 offenses...HOW are these people still able to get in their car and drive? How about some major prison time for people starting with their first repeat offense?

The cell phone debate is one that will certainly pick up speed, especially as more accidents and deaths result.

My take on the whole matter is not to outlaw them, but to increase penalties for those that do cause the accidents. Stop saying "no you can't do this or that" and just let people have the freedom to make the decision on their own. If they cause the accident, then be prepared to face the consequences.

Personally, i KNOW that when i'm on my phone, i don't pay attention like I should. If someone is just calling to chat, i'll tell them I'll call them back. if it's business related, I get to the point as quick as possible and explain that I'm on the road and will call them back when I get into the office or can pull off somewhere.

Scott Campbell
09-08-2006, 10:03 AM
I wear a bluetooth earpiece, and it's a lot safer. The phone has voice dialing too. So it's no less safe then having a conversation with someone sitting in the passenger seat.

woodbuck27
09-08-2006, 10:11 AM
While I agree in concept about cell phone use, I think there are more important issues that need to be addressed when it comes to driving.

That 80 year old going 45 on the Interstate is more dangerous than the person talking on their cell phone. How about having people retake ROAD tests every 10 years instead of just going in to the DMV and having their vision checked?

Repeat drunk drivers.... I mean we're talking 10, 11, 12 offenses...HOW are these people still able to get in their car and drive? How about some major prison time for people starting with their first repeat offense?

The cell phone debate is one that will certainly pick up speed, especially as more accidents and deaths result.

My take on the whole matter is not to outlaw them, but to increase penalties for those that do cause the accidents. Stop saying "no you can't do this or that" and just let people have the freedom to make the decision on their own. If they cause the accident, then be prepared to face the consequences.

Personally, i KNOW that when i'm on my phone, i don't pay attention like I should. If someone is just calling to chat, i'll tell them I'll call them back. if it's business related, I get to the point as quick as possible and explain that I'm on the road and will call them back when I get into the office or can pull off somewhere.

Your points are well made GBRulz but on cell phone use in vehicles.

Noone to go there without a headset - both hands on the wheel.

It is nuts here. I don't think you could appreciate it unless you visited Montreal. A very beautiful and very large City, but the wildest drivers. Like the feeling of being bumper to bumper, in a stock car driver.

That's forced on you here, if you enjoy speed on the outside lane.Then the DAM cell phone users, with no consideration for the sensable people that have no need, to be Yaking on a telephone. . . . to whomever.

People in cars need to turn their cell phones off while driving at freeway speeds. Otherwise. . . they must use a headset or get their ass's fined heavily. Screw em, and bring the cost of driving permits down.

Camera's on the freeway cover that nicely.

OLD people and 45 MPH isn't an issue here.haaaa !

People drive really fast in the Montreal area,old (whatever that means)and younger people(age wise) and until you get used to the environment here that takes more time than just a weeks visit. . . you would be in shock.

I can't emphasize this enough.

This place is very very Fast !! Cell phone use on the freeway, isn't anything we need to tolerate.

Forget that.

No cell phone use in automobiles without a proper headset. . . no excues. . the penalty otherwise . . stiff fines.

Screw em !

woodbuck27
09-08-2006, 10:15 AM
I wear a bluetooth earpiece, and it's a lot safer. The phone has voice dialing too. So it's no less safe then having a conversation with someone sitting in the passenger seat.

Scott you do that as you are a responsible driver I expect.

I have no idea what technology is out there to make cell phone use safer.I would never have a cell phone period. . as I don't want anyone tracking me down when I'm occupied with things away fr. home.

Any emergency situation or need of a call away fr. HOME is covered by 25 cents and a pay phone. :mrgreen:

GBRulz
09-08-2006, 10:20 AM
Woody, are payphones still plentiful in Canada? Phone companies are removing them left and right here because their upkeep and maintenence costs are just too great because very few people use them.

woodbuck27
09-08-2006, 10:22 AM
RANT: Wall-thumping at hotels. So I'm sitting in my hotel typing away at Packer Rats, having a bevreage and having a swell time. I'm getting sleepy and I'm thinking its time to drift of to sleepytown. All of a sudden, I hear this really loud thumping. I go to the bathroom to check out the pipes and realize it's not the pipes. It's coming from down the hall. The cadence is rythmical, as if someone is pounding away at a wall. It occurs to me that someone nearby is having far more fun than I'm having.

The sound is pretty dang annoying and will probably keep me from falling asleep. What's worse? The fact that I'm actually considering shelling out an outrageous $15.00 to watch a skin flick just so I don't feel lonely.

Woe is me...

tyler

LIFE is....TOUGH, tyler. :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
09-08-2006, 10:25 AM
RANT: Wall-thumping at hotels. So I'm sitting in my hotel typing away at Packer Rats, having a bevreage and having a swell time. I'm getting sleepy and I'm thinking its time to drift of to sleepytown. All of a sudden, I hear this really loud thumping. I go to the bathroom to check out the pipes and realize it's not the pipes. It's coming from down the hall. The cadence is rythmical, as if someone is pounding away at a wall. It occurs to me that someone nearby is having far more fun than I'm having.

The sound is pretty dang annoying and will probably keep me from falling asleep. What's worse? The fact that I'm actually considering shelling out an outrageous $15.00 to watch a skin flick just so I don't feel lonely.

Woe is me...

tyler

$15 to watch skin? you should consult B on this matter

Unfortunately, that's the hotel price. Heck, every movie costs around that much on PPV. An update to the story: I passed out and didn't spend the $15.

tyler

ahhh. . . you were a good boy that night. :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
09-08-2006, 10:52 AM
I'm pissed......

Well, to make a long story short, I just got back from the vet and found out that my dog has Sarcoptic Mange. The scary thing is, yes, it can be passed to humans but it doesn't live long.

IIRC, it's the parasite that causes scabies:

http://www.kcom.edu/faculty/chamberlain/Website/lectures/lecture/Sarcoptes2a.gif

GBRulz:

My sympathy to you for having a dog that is inflicted with " the Devils Mange '. . Sarcoptic Mange.

I once bred Pembroke Welsh Corgi's. .. and my first bitch had that terrible mange to have to deal with. It's somehow as I re-call it stress related and can run moreso in certain breeds I don't re-call it being deemed contagious.

I dealt with it by religiously applying the medication perscribed to the infected area after the injections.Mostly in my Corgi's case, the lip area as I recall it, and also to some extent her body.That was 33 years ago.Too many dead brain cells.haha.

I was able to lick it but it took awhile.Something less than a year.That was a long time ago, when I resided in Ontario where I acquired my first bitch.

Stay on top of it GBRulz and TRUST it will be beaten . .go away. . . as you treat this ugly form of mange with determination.

Good Luck and my sincere sympathy for your problem.

woodbuck27
09-08-2006, 11:08 AM
Woody, are payphones still plentiful in Canada? Phone companies are removing them left and right here because their upkeep and maintenence costs are just too great because very few people use them.

Yes they are GBRulz but I'm afraid as the market for cell phones saturates the phone company's may collude with cell phone manufacturer's and reduce their prevalence to entice all people into acquiring cell phones.

There is of course some vandalism of payphones but that doesn't predominate here. No problem to date to use a pay phone. :mrgreen:

It really amazes me GBRulz, that so may young people are out there walking and talking on cel phones and fr. that doing the same while driving.

I respect that from a business standpoint people like you, need cell phones to enable efficiency in your work; but the general public using them and driving is BAD!

Something will be done to stop that in Canada, in the next 5 years I'm trusting. There is now alot of concern from the public on this matter.

Property damage and death results from this abuse.

GBRulz
09-08-2006, 11:37 AM
thank you SO much for bringing that damn picture of that disgusting bug on to this page, Woody! :mad:

BallHawk
09-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Here's a rant: Bluetooth earpieces. Now I have no problem with people that talk on them in their car, or talk on them quietly, but for God's sake people, we don't give a shit about your conversation. For example, I was at Publix(grocery store) yesterday. I'm heading for some Count Chocula(the cereal I eat with my John Collins in the morning :wink: ) and there's this 40 year old guy next to me and he is annoying the hell out of me. Here's how his conversation went.

"You want what? You want Apple-You want apple jacks? DO YOU WANT APPLE JACKS! You do, okay, ummm, they only have the big box, you can't eat that much. No, no, you can't eat that, Molly. Do you want Fruit loops?DO YOU WANT FRUIT LOOPS, MOLLY? You do, wait, you do or you don't? You do? Ok, I'll be home soon, okay bye."

He was so fucking annoying :evil: And he was practically shouting the whole time. Dude, quiet down. He was almost annoying as this guy I saw at the airport on Sunday. He was in Starbucks and he had obviously been given a promotion, and he was making everybody know. "Thank you, sir. I really appreciate the promotion. I'm really happy I got this promotion. This promotion means a lot to me."

Congrats dude, you got promoted, we don't need to hear that.

Okay, I'm done.[/b]

Scott Campbell
09-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Campbells prediction of the week:

BallHawk will have his own headset within 5 years, though it will be 2 or 3 more before he embarrasses himself at the grocery store with it.

Little Whiskey
09-08-2006, 05:24 PM
what pisses me off is these damn people that wear that those things like they are part of their wardrobe. wtf!!! put in in your ear when you are actually talking to some one.

woodbuck27
09-08-2006, 06:32 PM
Campbells prediction of the week:

BallHawk will have his own headset within 5 years, though it will be 2 or 3 more before he embarrasses himself at the grocery store with it.

Yea right ! :mrgreen:

GBRulz
09-08-2006, 06:36 PM
I can't stand the damn "chirp" of the Nextel phones. I was at the store once and this guy was having a conversation on it. As I'm sure you all know, when using the walkie-talkie feature, you can hear the whole conversation. well, this went on for like 5 minutes, he was just pacing up and down the isles talking. Finally I said "sir, do we ALL need to hear your conversation?" This one lady goes "Amen, sista" hehe.

I have a friend who worked at the service counter at a dept store. It was after Xmas, so the lines were of course very long. This lady was next in line and she had the nerve to tell my friend to "hold on a minute". So my friend says "can I help the next in line please"....well, I guess this lady threw a fit because basically she lost her place in line. the manager had to be called and well, this lady got pushed to the end of the line.

Ok, cell phone rant #3..... my boss was interviewing someone and their cell phone went off. She told my boss to "hold on" while she proceeded to answer her phone and told her friend that she was in an interview and they would have to talk later. Think that girl got the job? Negative, Ghostrider!

I don't think it's so much that we're annoyed with cell phones, I think it's the whole etiquette factor, er, lack of that most people posess.

woodbuck27
09-08-2006, 06:40 PM
I can't stand the damn "chirp" of the Nextel phones. I was at the store once and this guy was having a conversation on it. As I'm sure you all know, when using the walkie-talkie feature, you can hear the whole conversation. well, this went on for like 5 minutes, he was just pacing up and down the isles talking. Finally I said "sir, do we ALL need to hear your conversation?" This one lady goes "Amen, sista" hehe.

I have a friend who worked at the service counter at a dept store. It was after Xmas, so the lines were of course very long. This lady was next in line and she had the nerve to tell my friend to "hold on a minute". So my friend says "can I help the next in line please"....well, I guess this lady threw a fit because basically she lost her place in line. the manager had to be called and well, this lady got pushed to the end of the line.

Ok, cell phone rant #3..... my boss was interviewing someone and their cell phone went off. She told my boss to "hold on" while she proceeded to answer her phone and told her friend that she was in an interview and they would have to talk later. Think that girl got the job? Negative, Ghostrider!

I don't think it's so much that we're annoyed with cell phones, I think it's the whole etiquette factor, er, lack of that most people posess.

Alot of SOLID ranting on this Rant thread.

It's all good. . . get it out.

Clennssse . . YOURSELVES. :mrgreen:

BallHawk
09-08-2006, 06:42 PM
Rant number 2- Kids that think their superior to others because they spend more money on clothes. Now I like the preppy clothes, Hollister, A&E, etc. But I don't put all my money on it. I put it towards useful things. There's a store called Aeropostale which sells the same style of clothing, just at a much cheaper price. Of course, the spoiled brats regard this as "wanna be preps." They think that they have to spend more money for it to be cool; even though the shirts are made in the same sweatshop in Nicaguara, with the same material and just have different names stiched on it. The youth of today... :roll:

GBRulz
09-08-2006, 06:49 PM
ballhawk, are you sure you didn't have a dislexic moment when you said you were 14....and meant to say 41? :wink:

You ought to be commended for being a very good kid! John Collins & all!

woodbuck27
09-08-2006, 06:59 PM
Rant number 2- Kids that think their superior to others because they spend more money on clothes. Now I like the preppy clothes, Hollister, A&E, etc. But I don't put all my money on it. I put it towards useful things. There's a store called Aeropostale which sells the same style of clothing, just at a much cheaper price. Of course, the spoiled brats regard this as "wanna be preps." They think that they have to spend more money for it to be cool; even though the shirts are made in the same sweatshop in Nicaguara, with the same material and just have different names stiched on it. The youth of today... :roll:

13 going on 43 !

BallHawk. You kill me.

May I hang with YOU? :mrgreen:

FavreChild
09-08-2006, 07:23 PM
My rant is that my local FOX affiliate is NOT airing the Packer/Bear game! I mean, c'mon!! There are only three games to choose from:

GB/CHI
JAX/DAL
SF/ARI

Those stupid SOBs!!

And before you start lecturing me about Sunday Ticket, that is not an option for me. I live in a wooded area that cannot receive the satellite feed. I almost didn't move here due to that fact. But what can I do about it?? Not a damn thing.

So, to a crappy sports bar with no sound I go. :sad:

BallHawk
09-08-2006, 08:02 PM
BallHawk. You kill me.

May I hang with YOU? :mrgreen:

Why of course Woody, shall I suggest we meet for a meal at Gibby's in Old Montreal. BYOW!

BallHawk
09-08-2006, 08:03 PM
ballhawk, are you sure you didn't have a dislexic moment when you said you were 14....and meant to say 41? :wink:

You ought to be commended for being a very good kid! John Collins & all!

Thanks GB.

MJZiggy
09-08-2006, 09:10 PM
My rant is that my local FOX affiliate is NOT airing the Packer/Bear game! I mean, c'mon!! There are only three games to choose from:

GB/CHI
JAX/DAL
SF/ARI

Those stupid SOBs!!

And before you start lecturing me about Sunday Ticket, that is not an option for me. I live in a wooded area that cannot receive the satellite feed. I almost didn't move here due to that fact. But what can I do about it?? Not a damn thing.

So, to a crappy sports bar with no sound I go. :sad:

I know your pain. That's what I had to do until I had a kid and dTV became a bit more mandatory. We used to take a radio in case we didn't have sound.

Iron Mike
09-09-2006, 12:40 AM
thank you SO much for bringing that damn picture of that disgusting bug on to this page, Woody! :mad:

Are you blaming the wrong guy??

<==someone here misses his corgi......http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/face.jpg

Iron Mike
09-09-2006, 12:57 AM
Now I like the preppy clothes, Hollister, A&E, etc. But I don't put all my money on it. I put it towards useful things.

Here's the point, BH....a little geography lesson:

Next time you see someone wearing a t-shirt that says "Hollister Beach Wear," you can have a little laugh because here's the truth....

Hollister is located about 25 miles from any kind of beach:

http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo/do5mapx.htm

And the closest beach is in Watsonville......trust me, you DON'T want to swim there.

Badgepack
09-13-2006, 03:46 PM
My back is frickin killing me and I'm out of pain killers.

Little Whiskey
01-28-2007, 08:43 PM
I figured it was time to dust off this oldie but a goody of a thread

this weekend i was in chicago and on the way back home i ran into some crazy lake effect snow! indiana had white out conditions. i was driving about 10 mph like every one else on the road. and there is always this idiot in a jacked up truck who thinks he can still go 75 "cause he's got four wheel drive". needless to say this idiot lost control and spun across the three lanes of traffic. i'm going to guess he got more than a one, single figured salutes!!

Freak Out
01-29-2007, 07:39 PM
Freaking lazy SOBs who leave shopping carts scattered all over the parking lots of America! Get off yo fat ass and push that sucker back to the store! You could use the exercise!

MadtownPacker
01-29-2007, 08:48 PM
Freaking lazy SOBs who leave shopping carts scattered all over the parking lots of America! Get off yo fat ass and push that sucker back to the store! You could use the exercise!AGREED!!!!!! This shit pisses me off!! Damn parking lot looks like an obstacle course most of the time. Didnt they use to hire people to pick the damn things up?

Partial
01-29-2007, 09:23 PM

Now clothes are one thing I don't skimp on. Cannot ignore the higher quality material in the higher quality shops. I buy all my clothes on eBay at a greatly discounted rate, but I do get mostly nice stuff like banana republic and guess, because the quality is much higher than that of a shirt from kohls department store or jcpenney.

Partial
01-29-2007, 09:24 PM
Freaking lazy SOBs who leave shopping carts scattered all over the parking lots of America! Get off yo fat ass and push that sucker back to the store! You could use the exercise!

I must say this was my most fun job ever. I was the cart boy for a summer. I recall one time when my partner and I had a cashier, who happened to be an offensive linemen for la-crosses football team during the school year, come out and push a train of 100 carts. It was glorious.

Freak Out
01-29-2007, 10:09 PM

I must say this was my most fun job ever. I was the cart boy for a summer. I recall one time when my partner and I had a cashier, who happened to be an offensive linemen for la-crosses football team during the school year, come out and push a train of 100 carts. It was glorious.

I see the Costco cart people do that...with a machine!

Iron Mike
01-30-2007, 08:11 AM
IDK if it's the time of year, or what......but my rant has to do with idiots calling a place of business with NO clue about what that business entails.

For your consideration:

Me: "Medical Examiner's Office, this is Mike speaking"

Caller: "Yes, I wonder if you do testing there?"

Me: "Whatever testing we need done is usually sent to a reference laboratory.....could you tell me what type of testing you need performed?"

Caller: "Mmmm.......an std test."

Me: "And what would be the date of death for the person you would like to be tested?" (The next comment will be that we can't perform diagnostic testing based upon the desire of the public, it has to be ordered by a physician or court system)

Caller: "Oh, no.......this is for me."

Me: "I'm sorry, you should probably be trying to speak with the County Health Department"

Caller: "OK"

Me: (thinks to self) "I guess that guy just opened the phone book, saw 'Medical' and figured 'this must be the place'"

<==there's five minutes of my life I'll never get back.. :(

And yesterday:

Caller: "Yes, I'd like to schedule a visitation"

Me: "I'm sorry, usually after a decedent is here, they are sent to a funeral home for viewing" (Next comment will be how we will allow viewing for next-of-kin only, with a suggestion that viewing at a funeral home be preferred)

Caller: "Wait a minute, this ISN'T the jail?"

Me: "Ummm, no--this is the Medical Examiner's Office"

Caller: "I'll try again"

Me: (thinks to self) "Yeah, try again...and this time look for the word 'JAIL' in the phone book"

Me: (thinks to self) "Maybe if these people had JOBS, they would not be able to get on the phone and wreak havoc with their stupidity. :roll:

GrnBay007
01-30-2007, 08:22 AM
That's funny!

This isn't a rant, actually it's pretty comical. My telephone number is one number different from that of a large physicians office here. You wouldn't believe the amount of messages I get from people trying to call their Doctor's office. First off, don't they think it's odd that they are trying to call their doctor during business hours and get a message? Secondly, if there was a message system used, wouldn't it identify their office/business? It's amazing the messages people will leave concerning their health problems. I also get frequent messages meant for one of the doctors concerning changes made in his tennis lessons....lol

Partial
01-30-2007, 09:26 AM
IDK if it's the time of year, or what......but my rant has to do with idiots calling a place of business with NO clue about what that business entails.

For your consideration:

Caller: "Yes, I wonder if you do testing there?"

Me: "Whatever testing we need done is usually sent to a reference laboratory.....could you tell me what type of testing you need performed?"

Caller: "Mmmm.......an std test."

Me: "And what would be the date of death for the person you would like to be tested?" (The next comment will be that we can't perform diagnostic testing based upon the desire of the public, it has to be ordered by a physician or court system)

Caller: "Oh, no.......this is for me."

Me: "I'm sorry, you should probably be trying to speak with the County Health Department"

Caller: "OK"

Me: (thinks to self) "I guess that guy just opened the phone book, saw 'Medical' and figured 'this must be the place'"

<==there's five minutes of my life I'll never get back.. :(

And yesterday:

Caller: "Yes, I'd like to schedule a visitation"

Me: "I'm sorry, usually after a decedent is here, they are sent to a funeral home for viewing" (Next comment will be how we will allow viewing for next-of-kin only, with a suggestion that viewing at a funeral home be preferred)

Caller: "Wait a minute, this ISN'T the jail?"

Me: "Ummm, no--this is the Medical Examiner's Office"

Caller: "I'll try again"

Me: (thinks to self) "Yeah, try again...and this time look for the word 'JAIL' in the phone book"

Me: (thinks to self) "Maybe if these people had JOBS, they would not be able to get on the phone and wreak havoc with their stupidity. :roll:

You should answer the phone "Medical Examiner's Office, this is Iron Mike speaking"

Partial
01-30-2007, 09:28 AM
shin splints. That's all.

Just as I am hitting my running stride, too. Damn weak lower-leg bones (tibia or fibula, something like that? ) . Back to the heavy bag and elliptical for me.

MJZiggy
01-30-2007, 11:03 AM
Partial, have you tried new shoes? Also, there's supposed to be a brace you can wear but I don't know if it really helps or not.

Zool
01-30-2007, 11:05 AM
The straps that you wear right below the knee's helps shin splints. I get them too.

MJZiggy
01-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Yeah, those are what I'm talking about...

Little Whiskey
01-30-2007, 03:57 PM
my partner and I had a cashier, who happened to be an offensive linemen for la-crosses football team

don't ask.....don't tell.....i always thought lacross was an eastern version of Sanfransisco. :lol: :lol: :lol:

MJZiggy
01-30-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm just really pissed that I have nothing to rant about right now...

Charles Woodson
01-30-2007, 05:52 PM
I'm just really pissed that I have nothing to rant about right now...

always looking for someone to bitch on zigg :lol:

MJZiggy
01-30-2007, 06:13 PM
Thanks for always being there! :P

Charles Woodson
01-30-2007, 06:13 PM
anything for you

billy_oliver880
01-30-2007, 09:03 PM
So I have been out in Arizona for 5 months now and I find that there is a large number of "drivers" out here that are not navigating their vehicles as much as pointing them in a general direction. I am going a normal 5 mph over the speed limit and people are flying by me like I am parked on the side of the road. I have gotten cut off more times then I could remember. People have no clue how to drive when it rains. I have even seen city official vehicles break rules out on the roads. I am not a perfect driver...far from it. But these people make me look like an angel behind the wheel. I have a motorcycle and its like people are aiming for me out here. I had one guy cut me off. I looked over and I could see him watching me....why? I never ride in the city if I have to. Why is it that I seem safer on the roads back in Wisconsin? :?:

Partial
01-30-2007, 09:05 PM
So I have been out in Arizona for 5 months now and I find that there is a large number of "drivers" out here that are not navigating their vehicles as much as pointing them in a general direction. I am going a normal 5 mph over the speed limit and people are flying by me like I am parked on the side of the road. I have gotten cut off more times then I could remember. People have no clue how to drive when it rains. I have even seen city official vehicles break rules out on the roads. I am not a perfect driver...far from it. But these people make me look like an angel behind the wheel. I have a motorcycle and its like people are aiming for me out here. I had one guy cut me off. I looked over and I could see him watching me....why? I never ride in the city if I have to. Why is it that I seem safer on the roads back in Wisconsin? :?:

How do you like AZ? I've been meaning to ask since I saw your facebook.

billy_oliver880
01-30-2007, 09:09 PM

How do you like AZ? I've been meaning to ask since I saw your facebook.

I work with inner city youth so that has be a huge adjustment for me. Arizona is just amazing as for views. I am surrounded by mountains. The phoenix metro area is pretty happenin. The huge plus is right now we are getting into the 70 degree range almost everyday. Far cry from milking cows...thats for sure. :lol:

http://uwstout.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2044453&l=ba19a&id=185101191

oregonpackfan
01-30-2007, 10:42 PM
Just wait until July and August when it gets to be 110 in the shade! You may not like Arizona much during those months.

billy_oliver880
01-30-2007, 11:26 PM
Just wait until July and August when it gets to be 110 in the shade! You may not like Arizona much during those months.

SHHHH!! I am waiting to add a rant then! :lol:

hurleyfan
01-31-2007, 06:38 AM
God Damn Bears are in the Superbowl :x

MJZiggy
01-31-2007, 06:47 AM
See? I knew there had to be something to bitch about... :evil:

Iron Mike
01-31-2007, 07:50 AM

Yep, and as soon as they lose, they'll be (in terms of SB winning %) right back where they belong......behind the Packers!!!!! 8)

hurleyfan
02-01-2007, 07:09 PM
And now the media is making it sound as if Urlacher is the best thing since sliced bread!!

Anti Bear Rant!!

Iron Mike
02-01-2007, 08:32 PM
And now the media is making it sound as if Urlacher is the best thing since sliced bread!!

Anti Bear Rant!!

If you would, from now on..please refer to him as either Girlacher or Urslacker, please. :lol:

Freak Out
02-01-2007, 08:37 PM

Anti Bear Rant!!

If you would, from now on..please refer to him as either Girlacher or Urslacker, please. :lol:

He is very good.....I was crossing my fingers for him to stay on the board for us that year......

I am starting to get that wild superstition thing going now thinking that if I root against the Bears they will win so I should be rooting for them......no, not going to happen. :)

the_idle_threat
02-02-2007, 06:00 AM

Two elderly women were out driving in a large car, neither could barely see over the dashboard. As they were cruising along, they came to an intersection. The stoplight was red but they just went on through. The woman in the passenger seat thought to herself, "I must be losing it, I could have sworn we just went through a red light."

After a few more minutes they came to another intersection, the light was red, and again they went right through. This time, the passenger was almost sure that the light had been red, but was also concerned that she might be seeing things. She was getting nervous and decided to pay very close attention.

At the next intersection, sure enough, the light was definitely red and they went right through it. She turned to the other woman and said, "Mildred! Did you know we just ran through three red lights in a row? You could have killed us!"

Mildred turned to her and said, "Oh Shit! Am I driving?"

swede
02-02-2007, 12:22 PM
:lol:

Fdgsdfhgfh
02-04-2007, 07:29 PM
WET!

Iron Mike
02-04-2007, 09:04 PM

Anti Bear Rant!!

Did he even show up in the SB????? :?:

Iron Mike
02-04-2007, 09:07 PM

Yep, and as soon as they lose, they'll be (in terms of SB winning %) right back where they belong......behind the Packers!!!!! 8)

For the record:

Super Bowl Winning Percentage

Packers: .750

Bears: .500

:worship: :worship: :worship:

hurleyfan
02-07-2007, 07:17 PM

Anti Bear Rant!!

And what did I hear?? Girlacher (and other bears) backed out of the Pro Bowl??

Badgepack
02-14-2007, 05:58 PM
I hate my frickin job.

GrnBay007
02-14-2007, 10:00 PM
I hate my frickin job.

Hmm...I've said that 1 or 20 times the last month!

MJZiggy
02-15-2007, 07:47 PM
They canceled school AGAIN tomorrow? How long does it take these people to clean up a little snow and ice??? The roads are clear so what's the problem?

Charles Woodson
02-15-2007, 08:39 PM
Haha Zig, actually i dont have school tommorow through tuesday... Seniors have it good, seinor skip day is tuesday so they dont have to go till wensday... Im jealous

MJZiggy
02-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Yeah, CW, but when was the last time you went shoe skating on your front yard or belly sliding for distance?

Charles Woodson
02-15-2007, 08:45 PM
Yeah, CW, but when was the last time you went shoe skating on your front yard or belly sliding for distance?

hmm never have, sounds fun...I mean its so HOT down here :twisted: it gets old all this heat down here :cry:

superfan
02-15-2007, 08:49 PM
Had a new dishwasher installed, and in the process found out that the garbage disposal connector to the old dishwasher was corroded to the point that a new garbage disposal is needed. And the brand spanking new dishwasher can't be used until the garbage disposal is replaced.

Bought a new garbage disposal to replace the old garbage disposal, which is stuck to the sink to the point where I can't get it out of there. So I'm taking another day off work tomorrow to meet somebody to get the old disposal removed so the new disposal can be installed.

I'm expecting the guy tomorrow to tell me that I need a new sink and counter top so I can get a new garbage disposal installed.

Home ownership can be a pain in the a$$. :evil:

Yes, I know people are starving elsewhere in the world, but still rant worthy, IMO.

Partial
02-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Had a new dishwasher installed, and in the process found out that the garbage disposal connector to the old dishwasher was corroded to the point that a new garbage disposal is needed. And the brand spanking new dishwasher can't be used until the garbage disposal is replaced.

Bought a new garbage disposal to replace the old garbage disposal, which is stuck to the sink to the point where I can't get it out of there. So I'm taking another day off work tomorrow to meet somebody to get the old disposal removed so the new disposal can be installed.

I'm expecting the guy tomorrow to tell me that I need a new sink and counter top so I can get a new garbage disposal installed.

Yes, I know people are starving elsewhere in the world, but still rant worthy, IMO.

agreed! What a hassel!!

HarveyWallbangers
02-15-2007, 09:37 PM
Rough

superfan
02-15-2007, 09:57 PM
I love you guys. :oops: :hrt:

Anybody want to buy a used garbage disposer?

MJZiggy
02-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Been there, done that.

Kiwon
02-16-2007, 04:42 AM
I hate people who talk during a movie and drunks that crash their cars inside the theater.

http://www.wftv.com/2007/0214/11010377_240X180.jpg

MadtownPacker
02-16-2007, 05:23 AM
Haha, wouldnt it have been the shit if that happened during a car chase scene??

Kiwon
02-16-2007, 06:48 AM
Haha, wouldnt it have been the shit if that happened during a car chase scene??

Good one, Mad! That and some heart attacks too.

Actually the guy came very close to hitting people. The SUV came in right at head level. How drunk do you have to be to run into the side of a movie theater?

GBRulz
02-16-2007, 09:58 AM
Reminds me of the movie "Bachelor Party" when Tom Hanks ran the bus into the movie theater to save his bride from her kidnapper

Freak Out
02-16-2007, 11:23 AM
I hate people who talk during a movie and drunks that crash their cars inside the theater.

http://www.wftv.com/2007/0214/11010377_240X180.jpg

Nobody was hurt? Lucky........The front of the truck is in good shape......construction codes need to be looked at.

SkinBasket
02-16-2007, 11:30 AM

WD40+Hammer+Screwdriver=ultimate weapon.

MadtownPacker
02-16-2007, 11:34 AM
WD40+Hammer+Screwdriver=ultimate weapon.
WRONG!

wire+pliers+mexican=canfixanything

MJZiggy
02-16-2007, 11:35 AM
I thought it was duct tape...?

Freak Out
02-16-2007, 11:45 AM

Must be some serious corrosion in there...plumbers putty should never get that hard. What kind of sink is it? You might be better off getting a new one than wasting time thrashing the old trying to get the damn disposal off. I got a new one a few years back and the thing is a beast! You are supposed to throw chicken bones in it every once in a while to keep the blade/choppers sharp!

superfan
02-16-2007, 11:59 AM
You are supposed to throw chicken bones in it every once in a while to keep the blade/choppers sharp!

I like to throw a whole chicken in there to keep the plumbing gods happy. :twisted:

All is resolved. I took everyone's advice and paid a Mexican armed with wire, pliers, duct tape, wd40, screwdriver, and hammer. He had the old one out and the new one up and running in 30 minutes flat.

End rant.

superfan
02-16-2007, 12:09 PM
Colorado football coach Dan Hawkins recently contributed one of the great rants ever.

Follow this link: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2765424

and play the video to get the audio. It's classic. Story below.

Buffs too tough? Go play intramurals, brother
ESPN.com news services

And you thought Ralphie the Buffalo running onto Folsom Field was intimidating.

At a news conference last week, Colorado coach Dan Hawkins, trying to turn around a Buffaloes team that went 2-10 overall and 2-6 in the Big 12, had what sounded like a loud and clear message for players who think his training regime is too tough: Go play intramurals.

And the way he delivered that message, it might still be echoing through the Front Range.

Hawkins let fly with the loud rant when discussing the kind of toughness that he wanted to bring to the Buffaloes -- and acknowledging that it might not be for everyone. For example, he said, an anonymous parent sent him a letter protesting the players getting only a two-week break in their offseason conditioning program when they normally had three weeks off.

"Well we gave them a week at the start of the semester rather than at the end but here's my point, OK," Hawkins said in a calm, quiet voice.

Then he let fly.

"It's Division I football! It's the Big 12! It ain't intramurals!" he roared.

"You've got two weeks after finals, you've got a week of July Fourth and you get a week before camp starts," Hawkins continued, still shouting at the top of his voice. "That's a month that's probably more vacation then you [reporters] get. And we're a little bummed out that we don't get three weeks?"

"Go play intramurals, brother … go play intramurals," he said, calming down.

Thursday, on ESPN Radio's Mike & Mike in the Morning , Hawkins said he did not intend to make a point to his players via a sound bite. He said he tends to speak from the heart and gets more animated around the local media that cover the Buffs on a regular basis.

Hawkins said his players are more than willing to do what it takes to turn the Buffaloes around.

"They’re fully on board, they know what's going on," he said. "They certainly want that level of intensity ... no one wants to lose five in a row in 2005 and no one wants to go 2-10 [last season].

"We're not going to get back to the glory years if we just show up."

As for the rant? Hawkins said his friends in the coaching community told him they thought it was "hilarious."

Hawkins arrived at Colorado from Boise State, where he went 53-10, to turn around a program embroiled in controversy over recruiting practices and rape allegations by former female placekicker Katie Hnida. He succeeded Gary Barnett, who ignited a firestorm in 2004 when he reacted to Hnida's claims with criticism of her kicking ability.

Barnett stepped down in 2005 after reaching a financial settlement with the university.

MadtownPacker
02-16-2007, 12:23 PM
All is resolved. I took everyone's advice and paid a Mexican armed with wire, pliers, duct tape, wd40, screwdriver, and hammer.Damn!! He must have been one of them hightech vatos.

You make sure nothing got stolen?

Little Whiskey
02-16-2007, 12:45 PM

I thought that was the formula for: canSTEALanything :lol:

Little Whiskey
02-16-2007, 12:49 PM
You are supposed to throw chicken bones in it every once in a while to keep the blade/choppers sharp!

When i used to work for the milw co. golf courses we convinced a fellow worker that the more sticks and brush she ran over with the mower the sharper the blades would be. she rolls back into the service yard with tree trunks hanging all over the machine and told the maint. man that he wouldn't have to sharpen the blades on her machine....since she had been running over branches all day.

i about fell over in my chair laughing!!! the maint. dude was pissed!!

Zool
02-16-2007, 12:53 PM

I thought that was the formula for: canSTEALanything :lol:Same formula, different zip code.

GBRulz
02-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Some @sshole on ebay left me negative feedback because he can't read. I said that I will only accept paypal if you pay 3% to the auction total. So, he bid and paid right away and I said "hey, you still owe $10 for the fee. He said "no problem" and paid it.

A few days later I get neg feedback saying "great product, but it's not fair that makes others pay the fees".

The guy had 4 feedbacks total. stupid noob. he won't respond to my emails, either. :x

stupid people seriously annoy me

Charles Woodson
02-20-2007, 03:23 PM
School fuckin sucks

GBRulz
02-25-2007, 11:26 PM
Love getting a foot of snow in February with another storm on the way later this week.... :x

GrnBay007
02-26-2007, 12:23 AM
I'm attempting to live rant-free :shock: Put things in perspective and let the lil things slide....

My new motto.....life's too short to rant!!

.....remind me of that while I'm driving to work tomorrow. :P

GBRulz
02-26-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm attempting to live rant-free :shock: Put things in perspective and let the lil things slide....

My new motto.....life's too short to rant!!

.....remind me of that while I'm driving to work tomorrow. :P

Attempting to live rant-free??? 007, did you mean to post this in the "Post something that's not true, thread?" LOL...j/k

Bossman641
03-03-2007, 09:15 AM
How's this for a rant?

Yesterday I had a bunch of shit stolen from my apartment. My bro was here and fell alseep with the door unlocked, I come back 2 hours later and notice that my wallet, 150 in cash, and about 100 in cologne had been stolen off my desk.

Even worse, the guy stole our Xbox 360, 4 games, and my roomate's iPod and camera.

As the policeman is here taking down our report I get a call from an officer. I figure it's just one calling me to talk to me about the theft, he gets on the phone with the officer who was here, and they talk for a couple minutes. Apparently the thief had gotten in an accident on campus, tried to flee the scene, and was pulled over. They found a shitload of stuff in the guy's car (laptops, iPods, 360's). Eventually we will get all our stuff back but in order for it to be used as evidence in the case they need to hold on to it, meaning it's gonna be anywhere from 6 months to a year.

I don't understand why they need to hold on to it. Can't they just make a list of everything that was taken? Or at least let me get my cash and cards from my wallet? :x

BallHawk
03-03-2007, 09:23 AM
Better late than never, I guess.

BallHawk
03-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Since GBR posted her eBay rant I might as well post mine.

I wanted to get a certain game, NBA 2K7, for the 360. It had come out in November, but in stores was still at original price, $60. So this guy was selling the game on eBay used. Most of the used 2K7 games were going for about $50 including ship. However, his auction ended at about 4:30 AM EST. So I woke up and got it, including shipping, for $44.

I bought the game about 2 days after Christmas so when it didn't arrive in a week I just assumed that the season was slowing down the post. He listed it that he was shipping it APO from Florida, so I figured it'd get to me soon.

Then I waited, and waited, and waited. A month and a half passed and I was badgering him to refund me, but he kept on saying it would be there soon. Then, in the middle of Feb. I get a message saying that it was returned to him with a wrong address stamp. I figure he's BSing, but I check my info and right enough the address listed for me is my Dad's old work address. He wanted some books and changed it from our home to his work without telling me. So the guy says he has to send it to me, but I have to shell out $30! I ask him why it's so much and he tells me he's shipping from Sydney, Australia! Apparently, he didn't think to tell me he was on service half way across the world. So my game arrives, Two months after I order it and instead of just going to the store and buying it for $60 I end up paying $74. eBay is great, but I get screwed somehow once a year.

Partial
03-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Since GBR posted her eBay rant I might as well post mine.

I wanted to get a certain game, NBA 2K7, for the 360. It had come out in November, but in stores was still at original price, $60. So this guy was selling the game on eBay used. Most of the used 2K7 games were going for about $50 including ship. However, his auction ended at about 4:30 AM EST. So I woke up and got it, including shipping, for $44.

I bought the game about 2 days after Christmas so when it didn't arrive in a week I just assumed that the season was slowing down the post. He listed it that he was shipping it APO from Florida, so I figured it'd get to me soon.

Then I waited, and waited, and waited. A month and a half passed and I was badgering him to refund me, but he kept on saying it would be there soon. Then, in the middle of Feb. I get a message saying that it was returned to him with a wrong address stamp. I figure he's BSing, but I check my info and right enough the address listed for me is my Dad's old work address. He wanted some books and changed it from our home to his work without telling me. So the guy says he has to send it to me, but I have to shell out $30! I ask him why it's so much and he tells me he's shipping from Sydney, Australia! Apparently, he didn't think to tell me he was on service half way across the world. So my game arrives, Two months after I order it and instead of just going to the store and buying it for $60 I end up paying $74. eBay is great, but I get screwed somehow once a year.

Well I don't think thats the guys fault, though. Screwed isn't the right word.

BallHawk
03-03-2007, 10:40 AM
No, I don't blame him for the wrong address. That's not on him. However, I wish he would of said he's shipping from Australia. If I had known that, I probably wouldn't of bought from him. The same scenario would of happened with anyone else, though.

GBRulz
03-03-2007, 01:25 PM
No, I don't blame him for the wrong address. That's not on him. However, I wish he would of said he's shipping from Australia. If I had known that, I probably wouldn't of bought from him. The same scenario would of happened with anyone else, though.

Yeah, he should have said where he was shipping it from. I learned my lesson on that a year or so ago. In the item location, it just said "Ships to United States". Well, it took 4 weeks to get, because it came from Hong Kong and they didn't tell me that until I emailed them 2 weeks later asking where my item was. I have since learned to read all the fine print, because alot of them indicate they ship from different locations. If I am unsure, I will ask them before i bid.

BallHawk
03-03-2007, 02:36 PM

Yeah, he should have said where he was shipping it from. I learned my lesson on that a year or so ago. In the item location, it just said "Ships to United States". Well, it took 4 weeks to get, because it came from Hong Kong and they didn't tell me that until I emailed them 2 weeks later asking where my item was. I have since learned to read all the fine print, because alot of them indicate they ship from different locations. If I am unsure, I will ask them before i bid.

I love Hong Kong counterfeits. Where else can you get a $85 box set for $15 bucks? :D

GBRulz
03-15-2007, 02:51 PM
I have never been so pissed off about reading something.......this makes me absolutely sick.

Girl finds missing dog's head in box on doorstep
POSTED: 2:21 p.m. EDT, March 15, 2007
Story Highlights• Case "extraordinarily heinous," Humane Society official says
• Police looking for suspects in "implied" terroristic threat
• Pet's head came in box with Valentine's candy
Adjust font size:

ST. PAUL, Minnesota (AP) -- A 17-year-old girl who spent weeks looking for her missing dog unwrapped a box left on her doorstep and found the pet's severed head inside, authorities said.

Homicide investigators were looking into the case because of the "implied" terroristic threat, St. Paul Police Sgt. Jim Gray said. The Humane Society of the United States said Wednesday it was offering a reward of up to $2,500 for information leading to an arrest and conviction.

"This was extraordinarily heinous," said Dale Bartlett, the Humane Society's deputy manager for animal cruelty issues. "I deal with hundreds and hundreds of cruelty cases each year. When I read about this case, it took my breath away. It's horrible."

After Crystal Brown's 4-year-old Australian shepherd mix, Chevy, wandered away last month, she put up "missing" posters in her neighborhood and went door to door looking for him. She called the St. Paul animal shelter and rode the bus there several times.

"I felt empty," Crystal told the Star Tribune of Minneapolis. "I couldn't talk to anyone. He was my dog. It was just me and him. ... I told him everything and he never shared any of my secrets."

Two weeks ago, a gift-wrapped box was left at the house Crystal shares with her grandmother. The box had batteries on top, and a note that said "Congratulations Crystal. This side up. Batteries included."

Crystal opened the box and found her dog's head inside. The box also contained Valentine's Day candy.

Crystal screamed when she saw her dog's face.

"She was just hysterical," said Crystal's grandmother, Shirley Brown. "She was screaming. She said, 'Grandma, it's my dog's head!'

"I said, 'no it can't be!"'

Authorities say the case is an isolated incident and the suspect likely knew the family. A motive is unclear.

"This was so cruel," Crystal said. "This is one sick, twisted person."

She now has a new puppy, another Australian shepherd. She's named it Diesel. "Hopefully, he'll be my best friend," Crystal said.

MJZiggy
03-15-2007, 02:56 PM
That is downright disgusting. I hope they find whoever did it and put them away with the dog head in their cell.

Little Whiskey
03-26-2007, 11:02 AM
today's rant is brought to you by dentist's offices everywhere!! today i had to get a cavity filled (okay no jokes about rednecks and teeth!!) I've haven't had a filling since grade school. so when i found out last week i was pissed!!

but here is the other part of the rant. why the hell does the doc give you about 4-5 hours worth of Novocain even though he is done in about 40 minutes!! my mouth is just now coming down off its stroke-like state. I'm in the office today after the procedure and i know i sound like i have just downed a whole bottle of Jack D. I know I'm talking to customers with drool running down my face!! I think it is just a little prank they like to pull on their patients

MJZiggy
03-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Well, if you've ever been in the situation where they don't shoot it right, I will take a day of numb anytime.

I was riding along with my friend in the middle of nowhere, think antique farmhouses and giant farmers fields, when all of a sudden there is a subdivision of large, new houses on tiny postage stamp lots all crammed in on top of each other. It was absolutely hideous. Then it went right back to tiny town farmland. These people have no common sense. Not only did it spoil the look of the area, but there is no infrastructure in this tiny little place to handle the demands of all these homes and cars.

BallHawk
03-26-2007, 03:58 PM
That is downright disgusting. I hope they find whoever did it and put them away with the dog head in their cell.

I second that. It's probably some sick kid who thought it was a funny prank.

Little Whiskey
03-26-2007, 04:52 PM
I know what you mean zig. happens all the time out here by me. they are tearing down the vineyards and orchards to put up these subdivisions that are out in the "country". what is even worse is when these same idiots complain because they can smell the cow menure and don't like the sound of tractors at 5 am on a saturday morning. maybe some of them have a direct line to God to ask him to stop making the fruit grow on the weekends!

GBRulz
03-26-2007, 07:26 PM
You see alot of that here, too.

What really cracks me up is say you're driving along...past just hundreds of acres of corn and then a 1 acre plot is cleared out and someone builds a big ass house in the middle of the farm field!

Partial
04-23-2007, 09:40 AM
Hey asshole, blow your god damn nose rather than keep sniffing that shit back up, resulting in a grotesque snort every 20 seconds when I am trying to study in the quiet study lounge. God damn it.

Little Whiskey
04-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Hey asshole, blow your god damn nose rather than keep sniffing that shit back up, resulting in a grotesque snort every 20 seconds when I am trying to study in the quiet study lounge. God damn it.

maybe try offering him a tissue.

retailguy
04-23-2007, 12:02 PM

maybe try offering him a tissue.

Sadly, Partial doesn't have a tissue either.... :shock: :twisted:

Partial
04-23-2007, 12:05 PM
a male cannot offer another male a tissue. But alas, you are correct in the assumption that I did not have any. It was truly brutal. It was more of a snort/intense grunt than a sniffle.

retailguy
04-23-2007, 12:07 PM
a male cannot offer another male a tissue. But alas, you are correct in the assumption that I did not have any. It was truly brutal. It was more of a snort/intense grunt than a sniffle.

WHY NOT? This is a new one that even I haven't heard... Are you somehow asking him out on a date or something? :P

Partial
04-23-2007, 12:08 PM

WHY NOT? This is a new one that even I haven't heard... Are you somehow asking him out on a date or something? :P

Just a little too bizzare and uncomfortable for me to offer up a ply or two to a complete stranger, albeit a very annoying one!

retailguy
04-23-2007, 12:11 PM

Just a little too bizzare and uncomfortable for me to offer up a ply or two to a complete stranger, albeit a very annoying one!

seems to me that if you offered him a tissue, he'd have no longer been a complete stranger, and, the library would have then been quiet... :wink:

Partial
04-23-2007, 12:12 PM

seems to me that if you offered him a tissue, he'd have no longer been a complete stranger, and, the library would have then been quiet... :wink:

No i'd rather just bitch :P I actually resolved the situation by just up and leaving and going to do my workout instead. See the raves post for the details!

MJZiggy
04-23-2007, 12:17 PM
Maybe he was desperate for a tissue and really wishing someone would offer him one. Besides that way he doesn't hit you when you run out of patience and tell him to STFU. This is why I always studied in the middle of the student union. It eliminated SOOOO many problems.

Partial
04-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Maybe he was desperate for a tissue and really wishing someone would offer him one. Besides that way he doesn't hit you when you run out of patience and tell him to STFU. This is why I always studied in the middle of the student union. It eliminated SOOOO many problems.

I like to do that late at night when no one is around really, but I have a serious problem staying focused with so many different noises and things going on. I like to do my work in almost complete silence so I can really focus in. It is probably something I should work on because post-college I rarely see myself having that completely silent environment to work in.

packinpatland
04-26-2007, 06:58 PM
This ties in with the original rant about cell phones/driving.

Recently on Nantucket, a women was WALKIING and talking on her cell, so engrossed in her conversation about nothing, SHE ran into a car stopped at a stop sign. SHE then starts cussing and yelling at the car driver to get the %$&^$* out of the way! I would not have believed it, had I not seen and heard the whole pathetic episode.

BallHawk
06-08-2007, 11:02 PM
This is more of a pet peeve then a rant, but bad punctuation annoys the hell out of me. Lower case I (i) and lack of periods and commas are annoying, too.

Also, when peoplE ACCIDENTLY TURN CAP LOCKS ON, IT'S JUST a bIT AnnOYING.

The ultimate example of a bad sentence.

i think that greg jenings is Going to Be a really good wr for us because he is tough and can really play also i think he donates to the community to.

Now all of you bask in your guilt. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

esoxx
06-09-2007, 12:19 AM

You must be a big fan of b bulldog then. :)

BallHawk
06-09-2007, 08:00 AM

You must be a big fan of b bulldog then. :)

He's one person who comes to mind. :wink:

GBRulz
06-10-2007, 09:58 AM
Ok...rant time about a new neighbor. Well, not that new, she's been here about a year and her daughter is now home for the summer from college.

on Fri night I ran to the store about 11:30 at night. I needed coffee creamer and I knew that I didn't want to deal with it in the morning when I made my coffee. So, I ran to the store, was maybe gone 10 minutes and i pull in my driveway to see someone standing at my front door. It freaked me out because no cars were in my driveway, so it wasn't a friend stopping by. So, I quickly get out of my car and ask "Can I help you?" and this girl introduces herself as my neighbors daughter and proceeds to tell me that Bretta (my miniature Schnauzer) barking has gotten out of control and how her Mom can't get to sleep at night. I said "can you give me an example of when she has kept your Mom awake, because my dogs rarely bark at night unless they hear someone outside". SHe said that because her room is near my house, she hears Bretta barking inside. I said, well, I can't control my dogs when they are inside and I'm not home, but I will try to be more aware of it." She also said that Bretta was barking up a storm last Monday morning and how SHE works nights and she can't sleep when she gets home at 9:00am.

Ok, first of all, there are ALOT of dogs around here. Does my dog bark, yes, of course she does, but no more than any of the others around here. Her Mom has never complained, but this daughter is home a week from college and suddenly is an expert of Bretta's barking being "out of control, lately". Second...what provoked this girl to go to my house at almost midnight to complain about it? I was home Fri night, Bretta was not barking at all. Perhaps when I went to the store she started barking though, I am not sure. So, she is standing on my doorstep for who knows how long, ringing my doorbell and probably both of my dogs were going nuts.

I have no problem with a neighbor voicing a concern. BUT, to freak the crap out of someone and be standing on their door at almost midnight to complain that Bretta's barking was really bad LAST MONDAY?? That is what really pissed me off.

Since their two bedrooms are probably 10 feet from my house, they of course hear everything. Mine is on that side of the house, too. I hear her daughter talking on her cell phone and going to work at 1:30 in the morning. You just deal with it, it's part of living in the city, geez.

Anyhow, if anyone is in GB and wants to party, I say come on over, we'll move the patio furniture right in front of their bedroom windows and make lots of noise. :twisted:

BallHawk
06-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Anyhow, if anyone is in GB and wants to party, I say come on over, we'll move the patio furniture right in front of their bedroom windows and make lots of noise. :twisted:

Will there be Bratwurst and Kool-Aid?

GBRulz
06-10-2007, 10:15 AM
ha! Yeah, I have plenty of things to mix, but I'm pretty empty on Kool-Aid itself!

MJZiggy
06-10-2007, 10:15 AM
I'll bring one bottle of tequila, one of scotch and some beer. And some Rockstar for the Hawk here...

GBRulz
06-10-2007, 10:17 AM
thirsty, Z?

MJZiggy
06-10-2007, 10:20 AM
Oh, and a pot of mamas spaghetti sauce just to make it interesting.

Think about it. Mix those 3, add the spaghetti sauce and give the neighbors something to remember you by...

BallHawk
06-10-2007, 10:21 AM
And some Rockstar for the Hawk here...

Oh, C'mon, MJ. What happens at GBs house, stays at GBs house. :twisted: :twisted:

MJZiggy
06-12-2007, 08:00 AM
:pc: :pc: :pc: :pc: :pc:

Why is it only when something HAS to get done that my printer decides to become unusable (not only wasting time, but glossy photo paper as well)??? This is NOT the first printer I've had to replace this way. Only when there's a deadline does this shit happen!!!

Scott Campbell
06-12-2007, 08:12 AM
:pc: :pc: :pc: :pc: :pc:

Why is it only when something HAS to get done that my printer decides to become unusable (not only wasting time, but glossy photo paper as well)??? This is NOT the first printer I've had to replace this way. Only when there's a deadline does this shit happen!!!

And any of the expensives cartridges are rendered worthless if your new printer uses different ones.

MJZiggy
06-12-2007, 08:55 AM
While I'm at it, it's come to my attention that my kid's second grade literacy teacher can't spell. WTF??? She's the LITERACY teacher.

BallHawk
06-12-2007, 09:41 AM
While I'm at it, it's come to my attention that my kid's second grade literacy teacher can't spell. WTF??? She's the LITERACY teacher.

Some teachers really shouldn't be teaching. Last year, my Language Arts teacher lost her Teacher's Guide and canceled the lesson for the day. She couldn't teach without the assistance of her book. That's really sad.

packinpatland
06-12-2007, 09:44 AM
"Anyhow, if anyone is in GB and wants to party, I say come on over, we'll move the patio furniture right in front of their bedroom windows and make lots of noise."

So, does this mean the PR pre-game party is at your place in Oct.??? :rock:

BallHawk
06-12-2007, 09:46 AM
So, does this mean the PR pre-game party is at your place in Oct.??? :rock:

Don't know if that would be a good idea. I can already imagine some of the PR posters past out in a puddle of their own vomit on GBs couch.

Those posters shall remain anonymous. :wink:

packinpatland
06-12-2007, 09:55 AM
But think of how we can help GB 'endear' herself to the neighbors.

BallHawk
06-12-2007, 10:46 AM
But think of how we can help GB 'endear' herself to the neighbors.

We don't want her endearing herself to the police, though.

Or has she already done that? :?

MJZiggy
06-12-2007, 10:50 AM
I'm telling you, I've posted the perfect recipe. Have a spaghetti dinner with wine, a couple beers, a few shots of scotch, dance a little and before you know it, you'll have the perfect "how's your day going" gift to leave under her window...

MadtownPacker
06-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Don't know if that would be a good idea. I can already imagine some of the PR posters past out in a puddle of their own vomit on GBs couch.

Heh, it's probably not much different then any other football Sunday at her pad. :lol:

packinpatland
06-12-2007, 12:26 PM

Heh, it's probably not much different then any other football Sunday at her pad. :lol:

We'd best be nice. She's in charge of organizing our 'tailgate'. :wink:

GBRulz
06-12-2007, 08:23 PM
I'm wondering if we need to do a fund raiser before the tailgate? Some extra cash for bailing Zig out of jail after she pukes on my neighbors house! Or, do we just leave her? hahaha... :twisted:

packinpatland
06-13-2007, 06:41 AM
I'm wondering if we need to do a fund raiser before the tailgate? Some extra cash for bailing Zig out of jail after she pukes on my neighbors house! Or, do we just leave her? hahaha... :twisted:

Is puking a crime? :wink:

GBRulz
07-01-2007, 06:44 PM
the bitch neighbor saga continues......

So, I'm in the front yard trimming some trees and shrubs and my dog Bretta is sitting on the couch like always, looking out the window to the front yard. It's a nice day so the windows are open.

Someone walking a dog goes past and Bretta let out one quick "woof" and my neighbor yelled at Bretta (yes the same one that came over at midnight a few weeks ago to tell me Bretta's barking is out of control). I stepped out from behind the shrubs and glared, shook my head and said "is there a problem?". She didn't say anything. I'm really getting sick of this crap. I hope to God she is only home from college and will be leaving. I also think that her Mom doesn't even know that she came over that one night. I hate to cause bad blood with a neighbor because of a dog, but this is absolutely ridiculous. I think I should go egg her car :lol: :twisted:

MJZiggy
07-01-2007, 07:07 PM
You can borrow my dog. Then she'll know what a dog barking actually sounds like...

packinpatland
07-01-2007, 08:33 PM

So, I'm in the front yard trimming some trees and shrubs and my dog Bretta is sitting on the couch like always, looking out the window to the front yard. It's a nice day so the windows are open.

Someone walking a dog goes past and Bretta let out one quick "woof" and my neighbor yelled at Bretta (yes the same one that came over at midnight a few weeks ago to tell me Bretta's barking is out of control). I stepped out from behind the shrubs and glared, shook my head and said "is there a problem?". She didn't say anything. I'm really getting sick of this crap. I hope to God she is only home from college and will be leaving. I also think that her Mom doesn't even know that she came over that one night. I hate to cause bad blood with a neighbor because of a dog, but this is absolutely ridiculous. I think I should go egg her car :lol: :twisted:

Never say 'because of a dog.........that's YOUR dog.
I've got three, and when my husband travels, I sleep well at night, no alarm system needed.

Your dog is simply doing her job. Tell 'coed' ...to go back to school....I'm sure the dorms are much quieter.
:wink:

Bretsky
07-01-2007, 08:49 PM

Need me to organize a Mud Wrestling Competition ? :cat: :duel: :bclap: :bclap:

GBRulz
07-01-2007, 10:36 PM
I was thinking, too, of sticking this on her windshield!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/gbrulz/05-06-06_1730.jpg

MadtownPacker
07-02-2007, 01:49 AM
Why are you acting like a lil girl GBR?

You should have told her what you really want to say, That if she don't STFU and leave your dog alone you and her are gonna throw down and she is gonna have to go back to school and explain the new scars on her face to her sorority sisters!

MJZiggy
12-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Sorry Partial, but SEARS SUCKS!! I just dropped the glass insert to my Kenmore microwave. I got the model number and part number off of the website and when it comes to the screen to order it, my part isn't listed so I call the 800 number for parts. After leaving me on hold for 10 minutes while making me jump through hoops where I get that "helpful" computer lady who wants me to yell at her with a kid asleep in the next room, it tells me my call did not go through and hangs up on me. So, I call back. This time after all that I get an actual human. I tell him what I need, he tells me he will look it up and puts me on hold. After 5 more minutes, I get a recording saying the office is closed and to visit the website. It's not the first time something like this has happened with them. I HATE SEARS!!!

Oh. And I forgot. My Palm Pilot crashed and died. Hello Outlook.

the_idle_threat
12-22-2007, 11:40 PM
Maybe ol' Partial can pull a few strings for ya.

If you can help 'er out, P, from half a nation away, that's one step toward being the Man. Not Chuck Norris-like, to be sure, but perhaps Steven Seagal-like. You gotta work your way up.

Partial
12-23-2007, 12:21 AM
Sears does suck. Let me know what part you need and I will dive into the database tomorrow morning. Shoot me a PM ZigZagaNopolous

GBRulz
12-23-2007, 07:48 AM
Too funny about this thread getting the bump, I was actually thinking about what I was going to post in it yesterday while out Christmas shopping. I have a few stories to choose from....

The lady at Circuit City who saw me grab the last Nintendo DS (they just put one out on the shelf as I was walking by and I've been looking for one) and then she tried to make me feel guilty by saying her child has been wanting one for so long, blah blah blah. Then her husband said that he'd give me $20 if I handed him the box. Then $40. can you believe people? Some spoiled rotten kid isn't going to get what he wants...boo fricken hoo.

BTW, the DS is for my Dad. I had no idea what to get him, but after seeing those Brain Age games on TV, I thought that would be really good for him and his ongoing recovery from his stroke. There are some other games, too that I bought. They are alot like the things he's doing in therapy, so I'm hoping that he likes it....er, actually uses it !!

Rant #2... people see you walk to your car that is in a good parking spot and they sit and hold up a line of traffic just waiting for you to pull out so they can grab your spot. I ALWAYS will sit there until they finally drive past and then I pull out and let the person in line behind them have the spot. :twisted:

Rant #3.... I am so sick of hearing about the nativity scene debate at the GB City Hall.

GrnBay007
12-23-2007, 09:14 AM
GBR, someone at work gave me a 5 x 7 framed pic of the sig you have. :D

the_idle_threat
12-23-2007, 11:03 PM
The lady at Circuit City who saw me grab the last Nintendo DS (they just put one out on the shelf as I was walking by and I've been looking for one) and then she tried to make me feel guilty by saying her child has been wanting one for so long, blah blah blah. Then her husband said that he'd give me $20 if I handed him the box. Then $40. can you believe people? Some spoiled rotten kid isn't going to get what he wants...boo fricken hoo.

BTW, the DS is for my Dad. I had no idea what to get him, but after seeing those Brain Age games on TV, I thought that would be really good for him and his ongoing recovery from his stroke. There are some other games, too that I bought. They are alot like the things he's doing in therapy, so I'm hoping that he likes it....er, actually uses it !!

Did you lay this story on the boo-hoo parents at the store? Should have. Their little "angel" will probably get plenty of loot for Christmas. If he's disappointed that he didn't get the game he wanted, then he might be getting the best thing of all this Christmas: the newfound realization that you can't always get what you want (but if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need. :wink: )

Meanwhile your dad might be able to use this to recover from a stroke. They're the ones who should feel guilty for even trying the guilt trip. Best wishes to your dad, by the way (and the rest of the family).

justanotherpackfan
02-20-2008, 06:02 PM
Some moron was tailgating me when I was going 45 on the highway. The entire road was pure ice and this idiot was riding my bumper. Ironically enough, just around the corner there was a four car crash with one in the ditch and EMTs everywhere. That could have been us. Moron.

Some idiot let their pet rabbits loose this summer in our neighborhood. They all but survived up until recently. I haven't seen one for awhile so I think it's dead. The other one was sitting at the top of my driveway shivering. It's hind legs weren't functioning and it crawled into our garage on it's front paws. The poor thing was starving and freezing to death and it could barely move. We had to take it into the vet to put it out of its misery.

Why would you get a pet if you can't take care of it? We should drop the bastard off in the Alaskan backcountry and see how long he survives.

GBRulz
02-20-2008, 06:16 PM
hey there JAPF, where ya been hiding?

Don't even get me started on people treating their animals poorly. I could go on and on about that one.... and I will...just a little, lol. Last week I saw a dog in MN, chained up outside. It was -45 that morning BTW. Another big problem that I'm hearing about is people leaving their animals behind in foreclosed homes. WTF is wrong with people??

justanotherpackfan
02-20-2008, 06:36 PM
hey there JAPF, where ya been hiding?
Yeah, it's been probably a year since I last posted. Times are really busy lately. I had high school basketball almost everyday, weight training a lot, homework, work.

Don't even get me started on people treating their animals poorly. I could go on and on about that one.... and I will...just a little, lol. Last week I saw a dog in MN, chained up outside. It was -45 that morning BTW. Another big problem that I'm hearing about is people leaving their animals behind in foreclosed homes. WTF is wrong with people??
Agreed.

Harlan Huckleby
02-20-2008, 06:45 PM
I had high school basketball almost everyday, weight training a lot, homework, work.

You may be going about this fitness stuff the hard way.

twoseven reports that he has six-pack abs and buns of steel from playing computer games all the time. Check with him about his specific programs and method.

Deputy Nutz
02-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Some moron was tailgating me when I was going 45 on the highway. The entire road was pure ice and this idiot was riding my bumper. Ironically enough, just around the corner there was a four car crash with one in the ditch and EMTs everywhere. That could have been us. Moron.

Some idiot let their pet rabbits loose this summer in our neighborhood. They all but survived up until recently. I haven't seen one for awhile so I think it's dead. The other one was sitting at the top of my driveway shivering. It's hind legs weren't functioning and it crawled into our garage on it's front paws. The poor thing was starving and freezing to death and it could barely move. We had to take it into the vet to put it out of its misery.

Why would you get a pet if you can't take care of it? We should drop the bastard off in the Alaskan backcountry and see how long he survives.

You should have call old Whiskey, shit that is good rabbit stew you took to the vet.

MadtownPacker
02-20-2008, 11:20 PM
Whats up JAPF?

Stew huh? Had it roasted but never in stew.

GrnBay007
02-20-2008, 11:28 PM

LOL I agree! Had that problem going to work just this morning. The highways are not good here and going to work this morning I have some big-ass pickup truck with the huge tires riding my bumper.

I can't comment on #2. ....it's an emotional topic in our household. I made the kids take their pet rabbits to their Uncles for this winter since we weren't able to take care of them for a couple weeks back in Dec. My daughter just found out hers died. She feels guilty that she wasn't taking care of her rabbit here in our back yard. Told her with how bad this winter has been it may not have made a difference where they were.

GBRulz
02-21-2008, 09:20 AM
another record low set this morning.... -18 below zero.

GoPackGo
02-21-2008, 09:43 AM

LOL I agree! Had that problem going to work just this morning. The highways are not good here and going to work this morning I have some big-ass pickup truck with the huge tires riding my bumper.

I can't comment on #2. ....it's an emotional topic in our household. I made the kids take their pet rabbits to their Uncles for this winter since we weren't able to take care of them for a couple weeks back in Dec. My daughter just found out hers died. She feels guilty that she wasn't taking care of her rabbit here in our back yard. Told her with how bad this winter has been it may not have made a difference where they were.

I don't understand why anyone would have pet rabbits in the first place? Whats the point?

Zool
02-21-2008, 09:45 AM

Its UP to 0 today. The high is actually supposed to be 16 later on. Its been below zero for days.

On a side note, I checked Anchorage AK yesterday. It was 39.

GrnBay007
02-21-2008, 09:59 AM
I don't understand why anyone would have pet rabbits in the first place? Whats the point?

I really don't either. In our case the kid's Uncle was raising them. They were feeding them and helping to take care of them all summer. After about 8 months of pleading, I gave in and let them each get a baby rabbit. Apparently it's very difficult to check for the sex of the rabbit until they are older. We ended up "accidently" getting a male and female. :shock: I pretty much lost all interest in them when I walked up to the cage one day and saw mommy eating her babies.

We have a dog now. :D

GoPackGo
02-21-2008, 10:10 AM
I pretty much lost all interest in them when I walked up to the cage one day and saw mommy eating her babies.

whoopsies! :twisted:

Freak Out
02-21-2008, 11:09 AM

Its UP to 0 today. The high is actually supposed to be 16 later on. Its been below zero for days.

On a side note, I checked Anchorage AK yesterday. It was 39.

We went from -15 one day to above freezing the next. It's called the pacific ocean.....it's stayed that way for over a week now. Of course by next week it will be -10 again and all our great snow will be gone.

Freak Out
02-21-2008, 11:11 AM

I really don't either. In our case the kid's Uncle was raising them. They were feeding them and helping to take care of them all summer. After about 8 months of pleading, I gave in and let them each get a baby rabbit. Apparently it's very difficult to check for the sex of the rabbit until they are older. We ended up "accidently" getting a male and female. :shock: I pretty much lost all interest in them when I walked up to the cage one day and saw mommy eating her babies.

We have a dog now. :D

You made a big mistake and got a Werrabbit.

SkinBasket
02-21-2008, 11:19 AM
As a kid, having baby ducks is much more entertaining than stupid rabbits. They're just as cute, easy to feed, and they'll follow you around once they like you. They're also much tastier once they grow up.

Kiwon
02-21-2008, 10:49 PM
Sick, sick, sick!

http://www.kansas.com/213/story/317849.html

MJZiggy
02-22-2008, 05:51 AM
They were predicting snow for last night. I'm looking out my window at a dusting of snow--I can still see the grass. They have canceled school. There's not enough snow to make a snowman. I realize it's supposed to snow later in the day and tonight, but they can just send them home early. Duh. These people are the absolute worst at figuring out when to close the schools.

GBRulz
02-22-2008, 07:43 AM
OMG - you can see grass? I'm jealous.

On the other hand, I can make snowmen with 3' balls and you can't :shock:

Zool
02-22-2008, 08:10 AM

That snowman must have a hard time walking.

MJZiggy
02-22-2008, 09:05 AM

I am a little jealous...if the kids gonna have to stay home, at least it would be nice if we could go play in the snow...

justanotherpackfan
02-22-2008, 05:48 PM
Whats up JAPF?

Stew huh? Had it roasted but never in stew.
Not much, been busy.

BallHawk
02-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Sick, sick, sick!

Just to play devil's advocate......

Bestiality is legal in some countries, many of them in Europe. Morally it is wrong, yes, but I don't think the government should be able to say who and what is acceptable to have sexual activities with.

Kiwon
02-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Sick, sick, sick!

Just to play devil's advocate......

Bestiality is legal in some countries, many of them in Europe. Morally it is wrong, yes, but I don't think the government should be able to say who and what is acceptable to have sexual activities with.

BallHawk, I have four thoughts:

1. :shock:

2. This is very scary given that Naples is a retirement haven :)

3. Your "Yes We Can!" signature is taking on new meaning :)

4. For the sake of argument, you are being a good advocate for the Devil :wink:

the_idle_threat
02-23-2008, 08:52 PM
3. Your "Yes We Can!" signature is taking on new meaning :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Little Whiskey
02-25-2008, 06:38 PM
You should have call old Whiskey, shit that is good rabbit stew you took to the vet.

naa, not much of a rabbit fan. but if you need something put out of its misery......I'll be your huckleberry.

Little Whiskey
02-25-2008, 06:39 PM
We've had snow rain warm spell and repeat. all winter long. I'm going to start building an ark....its starting to snow again.

Freak Out
02-25-2008, 06:47 PM
The morons at the DOT and the city keep throwing out this sand/gravel mix on the icy roads that includes small asteroids and pieces of shrapnel to hammer the windscreen and front end of you're vehicle. It's like driving through a hail of bullets in any kind of traffic.....and to think I pay these fuckheads to do this.

GBRulz
11-09-2008, 10:54 AM
This was always a therapeutic thread!

Ok...a local radio station started their annual tradition of playing Christmas music 24/7 starting Nov 1. Apparently, they thought the day after Thanksgiving was too late.

MJZiggy
11-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Last month (about Oct. 15), my son and I went to the home depot and were assaulted by a Christmas tree display upon entering the store. I was deeply offended. I agree with you. CHRISTMAS SEASON DOESN'T START UNTIL AFTER THANKSGIVING!!!!

Bretsky
11-09-2008, 11:04 AM
This was always a therapeutic thread!

Ok...a local radio station started their annual tradition of playing Christmas music 24/7 starting Nov 1. Apparently, they thought the day after Thanksgiving was too late.

Dang, I need some therapy

Wonder if I should go back and read through this because this page was the first one I looked at :?: