PDA

View Full Version : Rants

Pages : [1] 2

MJZiggy
03-16-2006, 04:20 PM
Could someone please explain the concept of hang the fuck up and drive to these imbecils who drive around like torpedoes trying to kill everyone in their paths because they can't seem to drive with a damned phone stuck to their ears?????? No, I did not have an accident but there were sure enough people trying to get into one out there.

Anyone else got anything to get off their chests? I think I'm better now. Carry on.

SkinBasket
03-16-2006, 04:23 PM
You already covered mine. Take it out on Tarlam, he's running around like a wild chicken, blabbering nonsense. He needs a beating.

Deputy Nutz
03-16-2006, 04:25 PM
My rant is, People mainly administrators expecting that you actually do something at work. What a pisser.

Tarlam!
03-17-2006, 12:23 AM
You already covered mine. Take it out on Tarlam, he's running around like a wild chicken, blabbering nonsense. He needs a beating.

I got my beating....I have such a hangover!

Bretsky
03-17-2006, 10:48 PM
My rant is, People mainly administrators expecting that you actually do something at work. What a pisser.

Why are there so many hot lesbians in California but the ones in Wisconsin all look like they could kick my ass ?

BTW, today was the first day I read the story; I'm still LMAO

MJZiggy
03-18-2006, 08:06 AM
The Californians are faking it for the cameras... :wink:

Little Whiskey
03-20-2006, 12:48 PM
Zig, This past weekend i saw a kid smash into a concrete lightpole. as he climbs out of his car he has his cell phone up to his ear. we just started chuckling. he was okay but his car wasn't. really hope he learned his lesson.

MJZiggy
03-20-2006, 01:43 PM
Yikes!! That sucks, but at least it wasn't another car with someone in it who could have been killed...

Bretsky
03-20-2006, 06:51 PM
The Californians are faking it for the cameras... :wink:

Gosh, can you find some hot WI that will fake it for the cameras ? I've got a camera :twisted:

MJZiggy
03-20-2006, 07:03 PM
LOL. I'm not around there anymore, but I'm sure if you checked out the local campus you could find yourself a few. (Some might not even be faking)

MadtownPacker
03-20-2006, 07:36 PM
Why are there so many hot lesbians in California but the ones in Wisconsin all look like they could kick my ass ?

I think it is the sun B. Just like all flowers they need sunlight to bloom and open themselves. Same thing applies to hot honeys.

In other word, move somewheres warmer!!

BTW - All ectasy might have something to with it too. :cool:

MadtownPacker
03-20-2006, 07:54 PM
My Rant:

Dont you just fucking hate it when you are in the fucking fast lane doing like 80MPH and some stupid son of a bitch is tailgating you, the speeds around you in the slow lane, cuts your ass off, then once they are in front of you slows down to about 55MPH and you cant do the same back cuz they are keeping pace with the slow lane???

My Resolution:

I wait for the first chance I get to pass them and when I do I serve them some brakefast in the morning. That means I get in front of them, let them get tailgate again and then I slam my brakes long enough to make them smoke their tires. The look on their face in the rearview is a great way to start the day.

And dont get me started on the MFing truck drivers!!

MJZiggy
03-20-2006, 07:58 PM
When I lived in Florida, the old folks would get out onto the highway, jump in the left lane and do about 45-50 tops. Drove me crazy when I had to get somewhere.

Little Whiskey
03-21-2006, 10:00 AM
my rant:

the other day my wife decides that my garage is not up to her standards. so she proceeds to clean it for me. she wants to help me out by putting stuff away, and throwing stuff away. now i cannot find anything!!! everything is lost, but my workbench is spotless. now i holler into the house, Honey were is the pipe nipples, or I cannot find my soft fishing baits. You know the ones that say Sweet Beaver on the front!!!! just kidding about the last part but why must women come into our area and "clean" it up. don't they understand that there is a method to our maddness. I don't decide one day to clean out your closet and hide some of those shoes.

uhhhhhh i feel better, but my crap is still lost!!! maybe i'll change the locks on the garage door!

MJZiggy
03-21-2006, 10:31 AM
Oddly enough, I have the same problem. Hubby is "tidier" than I am but he only wants it to look tidy so he's always moving things from the place on the table where I knew where it was into a drawer or cabinet and I have no hope of getting it back which isn't too bad until he forgets where he put my stuff. I had to threaten bodily harm to keep him off my desk.

Little Whiskey
03-21-2006, 11:04 AM
sorry zig, i need to bump you so i can have the hat trick. my name on all three pages. Whiskey for everyone!!!

Tarlam!
03-21-2006, 11:37 AM
sorry zig, i need to bump you so i can have the hat trick. my name on all three pages. Whiskey for everyone!!!

I'm not racist. Johnnie Black just came by....

Little Whiskey
03-21-2006, 12:03 PM
ya tarlam, how about blue label

Tarlam!
03-21-2006, 12:32 PM
Single malts are watsed on alkies, Mad..... :shock:

Deputy Nutz
03-21-2006, 12:44 PM
Blue label is some good stuff, but only on someone else's dime.

Tarlam!
03-21-2006, 01:00 PM
see my other post....

MJZiggy
03-21-2006, 01:15 PM
Do you still have the link I sent you long ago on hangover remedies? Just remember--NO ADVIL or any other ibuprofin.

Little Whiskey
03-21-2006, 01:33 PM
hangover cure??? never stop drinking!!

MadtownPacker
03-22-2006, 02:33 AM

Huh? Haha, sounds like you ARE a watsed alkie.

Tarlam!
03-22-2006, 09:18 AM

Huh? Haha, sounds like you ARE a watsed alkie.

Only every other day. I figured I need a day to get wasted, and a day to recover. Hey, it's working for me!

On a more life-pending note, I had my first "session" with my outplacement guy today. I don't know what he earns, but it's a cushy job. I might go after one myself.

I just told him I only got enough severence pay for a half year, so he better get coaching and fast. Then we shot the breeze for 2 hours. Cushy job.

Little Whiskey
04-11-2006, 10:34 AM
i know i have already used a rant today, but i have another one and have decided to put it in the right thread

I REALLY HATE MARKET WHORES!!!!

the damn companies that come in and just lower prices because they don't care what kind of margin they make on products. and what the hell ever happend to vendor/buyer loyalty!!! out the f-ing window. one of my very good customers that has been doing bus. with me for quite some time has decided to price shop. well they come back to me and say "you need to beat this price in order to keep our business". the prices this new company is charging is just pennies over my cost!!! out the window!! what about the service i provide??? nahh, we don't care!!! out the window!!! SOB'S!!!

pass the bottle and i aint sipping!!

K-town
04-11-2006, 07:25 PM
:mad:
Standing in line at the gorcery store: you are behind a women who will let the grocery clerk/cashier pass EVERY item in her shopping cart past the scanner, print up the receipt, and then, THEN, start LOOKING for her checkbook.
Is it too difficult a concept to maybe have your checkbook out, maybe even have the name of the store and the date filled out, beforehand? Or is staring randomly into space whilst chewing gum a really excellent high that I should give a second chance?

Bonus pet peeve/rant: The Express Lane sign says either No More Than 10 or 20 items (depending on the store). So when a guy or gal has 25 to 30 items, I wonder, "Is this person illiterate, or unable to count?"

MJZiggy
04-11-2006, 07:31 PM
They all should have debit cards. Checks should no longer be accepted except at the customer service area while the checker is helping someone else.

GrnBay007
04-11-2006, 07:37 PM
Bonus pet peeve/rant: The Express Lane sign says either No More Than 10 or 20 items (depending on the store). So when a guy or gal has 25 to 30 items, I wonder, "Is this person illiterate, or unable to count?"

Those are the people that are getting sick of waiting in line while the woman/man waits to get the checkbook out till the last item is scanned through. :wink:

I can't stand when people park their cart in the middle of the isle and then spread their body next to it looking/searching for something on the other side.....no way anyone can get through. C'mon use just a bit of the brains you were given and move your shit!! eeeeeek I hate that! When I go to the grocery store I know exactly what I want and I want to move fast and get the hell out of there.

Fosco33
04-11-2006, 08:06 PM
My rant is related to Mad's. In the concrete parking lot - err freeways in Los Angeles, people generally go about 75-80 (the cops have other 'problems' to deal with out here). But for some unknown reason, the slowest drivers park themselves in the fast lanes. :evil: So, you've got like 4 or 5 people all boxed together and the guy in the front should move over, right? Well, unlike in WI (where most highways are one/two lanes), people here didn' learn that they're supposed to move the fuck over. My solution - drive fast in the slow lane and weave all over the damn 7 lanes (yes, this is very LA - but shit when you spend half the time in a traffic jam the minute you get some open road you've got to take advantage.)

Little Whiskey
04-11-2006, 09:07 PM
sorry fasco, but you are one of my peeves. driving thru chicago (never been to LA). these idiots who must go 90 during rush hour weaving in and out inches between other cars. its a production car not a nascar. don't drive like you are on the track!!

quick story, last week i was driving home from a bus meeting and this guy, with IL plates (of course) come shooting past me at 90. a few minutes later as i am passing a semi i notice this dumbass in front of the semi going 55. as i go past i think he must be about to exit. the semi changes lanes to go around him well he moves over to the left lane, the semi goes back right he swevers back right as well. I assume the semi slowed him down earlier. well after this moron is finished pissing off this trucker he proceeds to take off like a bat out of hell again and flys past me again. less than a 1/2 mile ahead of me i see mr jackass boxed in by two semis. the previous semi must have radioed ahead to have these guys box him in. I open my sun roof and give the trucker a big thumbs up!! pay back is a bitch. oopps can you say bitch and still hold the PG rating?

Tarlam!
04-12-2006, 06:48 AM
I am devastated that the oficers of Sam's Club have neglected our hero on our new home. When will someone start the official club HERE!!

Need reminding of his greatness:

http://images.packers.com/pg/gado_samkon_2005/photo10.jpg

MJZiggy
04-12-2006, 07:15 AM
This time do I get to be an officer instead of a lowly peon?

Tarlam!
04-12-2006, 07:19 AM
O.K. I'll bite. What's a Peon?

MJZiggy
04-12-2006, 07:26 AM
Worker ant. Lowest class citizen.

Iron Mike
04-12-2006, 07:51 AM
Does anyone else but me get pissed off with Mission and Values statements on the job???

One of my workplace's mission statements is "we value honesty in all our relationships"........................that must be why we schedule a doctor's office visits every 15 minutes when there's no way in hell that he/she can manage to keep that schedule--so that by noontime he/she is commonly at least 45 minutes behind schedule. It must be a comfort to the patient that we value honesty so much that we don't explain that to them--we'll just leave them sitting in the waiting room! :evil:

Wait........I'm not done ranting!!!!! We have a department chock full of ass-kissers who spent enough time on their knees that they were "rewarded" with the position of "community relations"--which means they sit around the job and think up great new programs to increase worker production and satisfaction. The latest idea for a slogan? "Simply the Best"--with the idea that if we splatter the workplace with these "Simply the Best" stickers, well then of course, ALL of the employees are just gonna do the best job they possibly can.....just by seeing the sticker. So of course the standard response to computer downtime, mechanical misfunction or human error is always...."put a 'Simply the Best' sticker on it.....then it will be JUST FINE!!!!!" :mrgreen:

Little Whiskey
04-12-2006, 08:18 AM
I agree mike, these statements that make the big wigs feel good, yet all the front liners can see right thru it. I used to work for Menards (midwest version of Home Depot) i remember when they decided to call customers, guests and call the employees, team members. because it was going to change our attitudes, i think it had the opposite effect since we could see right thru it.

on your doctor visit rant. everytime my son goes in, they sit there for at least an hour waiting for there "scheduled" appointment. your right nothing is ever said or never an appology given. but what happens when you are late. you would have thought you just commited murder!!! ya that pisses me off!!

on to my latest rant and it was brought on by mikes first rant. the company i work for just hit a billion dollars in sales last year. you know what they gave us as a reward for that feat??? an F-ing BEACH TOWEL!!! no kind of bonus, a BEACH TOWEL!!! i think nothing would have been better that a dumbass thing like a towel. i think it really pissed alot of people off with that. meanwhile mr. ceo is cashing his million dollar bonus check. nice real nice.

K-town
04-12-2006, 02:48 PM
on to my latest rant and it was brought on by mikes first rant. the company i work for just hit a billion dollars in sales last year. you know what they gave us as a reward for that feat??? an F-ing BEACH TOWEL!!! no kind of bonus, a BEACH TOWEL!!! i think nothing would have been better that a dumbass thing like a towel. i think it really pissed alot of people off with that. meanwhile mr. ceo is cashing his million dollar bonus check. nice real nice.

How's this one for ya: The company I used to work for held an annual company cook-out on site to celebrate sales, un-Godly profits, whatever. The thrill for us serfs was that corporate officers would cook and serve our food for us - brats, hamburgers, etc. Then, as an added bonus, there was an innaugural bus tour to the new Corporate headquarters (for upper level staff and officers only, of course). We got to see the CEOs several thousand foot square office, private work-out facility, sheltered garage, massage parlor with call girls (I may have made that last one up).
Point is, as a Fortune 500 Company, my stake in the financial windfall of my employers success was an undercooked brat, an overcooked hamburger, and three bean salad from Piggly Wiggly.

Scott Campbell
04-12-2006, 11:01 PM
i know i have already used a rant today, but i have another one and have decided to put it in the right thread

I REALLY HATE MARKET WHORES!!!!

the damn companies that come in and just lower prices because they don't care what kind of margin they make on products. and what the hell ever happend to vendor/buyer loyalty!!! out the f-ing window.

Sorry, but I disagree. A buyers loyalty should lie with his shareholders. If you aren't creating enough value in the supply chain to justify your higher prices, then you'll be meeting with Mr. Darwin instead of Mr. Customer.

Little Whiskey
04-13-2006, 08:52 AM
try explaining value added service to the accountants.

GBRulz
04-13-2006, 09:21 AM
There are two bumper stickers that I would love to stick on my vehicle....

"What part of SLOW TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT do you not understand?"

and

"Isn't Illinois south?"

there is nothing that I hate more when I'm trying to go up north in the summer (keep in mind that 4 lane highways kind of disappear in the northern half of the state) and all I see is damn Illinios plates everywhere. There literally is a line of traffic and some stupid FIB is trying to pass one car at a time. Stupid dumb asses.

BooHoo
04-18-2006, 03:30 PM
I am tired of the high price of gasoline!!!

Fosco33
04-18-2006, 03:34 PM
I am tired of the high price of gasoline!!!

It's only gonna get worse - still cheap in the grand scheme but we really have to start looking at alternatives. I heard today that putting Nitrogen in your tires allows you to get better gas mileage.

MJZiggy
04-18-2006, 03:39 PM
I would imagine helium works as well, but I'd prefer to have an engine that used less gas.

FavreChild
04-18-2006, 04:30 PM
How come the mileage reimbursement rate went DOWN? (Even though it's still four cents higher than Jan. 2005.)

And how come my boss is still using the 2005 rate? :evil:

Fosco33
04-18-2006, 04:49 PM
How come the mileage reimbursement rate went DOWN? (Even though it's still four cents higher than Jan. 2005.)

And how come my boss is still using the 2005 rate? :evil:

It's a recommended rate (isn't it like 48.5 cents/mi). My company uses 48 - taxable income (so realistically - like 30 c/mi). It's still nice to get $20/day to drive to work :wink:

Fosco33
04-18-2006, 04:50 PM
I would imagine helium works as well, but I'd prefer to have an engine that used less gas.

Agreed.

Did anyone catch the Southpark with the 'Smug' being formed from people driving hybrids and loving the smell of their own farts? :lol:

FavreChild
04-18-2006, 06:44 PM
It went down from 48.5 cents (Sept '05) to 44.5 cents (Jan. '06). :neutral:

I guess it doesn't really matter since my company doesn't pay for my "regular" commute - which is KILLING me right now.

Working from home is better than mileage reimbursement, anyway.

GBRulz
04-18-2006, 08:42 PM
Another rant..... WPS wanting another 17% electricity rake hike for 2007. If this goes through, they will have been granted an 81% hike in electricity rates since 2001.

Gone are the days of $60 WPS bills in the summertime.

MJZiggy
04-18-2006, 08:50 PM
On the East Coast, they're talking 70-75% hikes this year alone.[/b]

GBRulz
04-18-2006, 10:34 PM
That sucks, Zig... I'm curious, what are property taxes like in your neck of the woods?

I think WI has got to be one of the highest in the nation. I pay twice as much for my property taxes, than my sister in FL, who by the way owns a $750,000 home. SAD !!

MJZiggy
04-18-2006, 10:47 PM
They're insane. I will be seeing family in Mke. in May, so I will check with my bro to find out what his are like and give you the comparison.

Little Whiskey
04-19-2006, 09:45 AM
It went down from 48.5 cents (Sept '05) to 44.5 cents (Jan. '06). :neutral:

I guess it doesn't really matter since my company doesn't pay for my "regular" commute - which is KILLING me right now.

Working from home is better than mileage reimbursement, anyway.

i drive 60miles one way. 3 bucks a gallon is killing me!! when i first took this job we negotiated a company vehicle, shortly after i accepted the job the company decides to take all vehicles away from employees.

i'm just curious what other companies are paying for milage? we are currently being reimbursed .27 per mile. this is only for company functions. and we do not get reimbursed for the daily commute!!

billy_oliver880
04-19-2006, 09:53 AM

Agreed.

Did anyone catch the Southpark with the 'Smug' being formed from people driving hybrids and loving the smell of their own farts? :lol:

Helium and Nitrogen are non-flammable and will work fine but it is unneccesary. They provide no change in mpg for you car. Just keep your tires inflated to the proper psi and things will be a-ok.

Little Whiskey
04-19-2006, 10:16 AM
billy i think the point they were making is that hellium and nitrogen are larger molecules and therefore "leak" out of your tires much slower therfore keeping your tire inflated longer between checks.

SkinBasket
04-19-2006, 10:27 AM
billy i think the point they were making is that hellium and nitrogen are larger molecules and therefore "leak" out of your tires much slower therfore keeping your tire inflated longer between checks.

You mean they don't make your car float?

billy_oliver880
04-19-2006, 10:53 AM

Ok...thats fine but who is going to go out of their way to buy nitrogen or helium just to make sure your tires leak less. Its like the kickers who fill their footballs with helium because they think they will fly farther.(they don't)

billy_oliver880
04-19-2006, 10:55 AM

You mean they don't make your car float?

Depends on how large your tires are. :lol:

Little Whiskey
04-19-2006, 11:16 AM
I believe it costs like 6 bucks a tire to have them filled with nitrogen!

billy_oliver880
04-19-2006, 12:27 PM

The air is 70% nitrogen anyways.

BooHoo
04-19-2006, 03:33 PM

The air is 70% nitrogen anyways.

So my tires are already filled with nitrogen and I didn't even know it. I wonder if it will improve my gas mileage. :D

Little Whiskey
04-19-2006, 03:40 PM
this will be my shortest rant ever.

I had to go and get my boat Registered, so i had to make my way to the DMV, or Sec. of the State (what ever they call it in your state). LAZY IDIOTS

BooHoo
04-24-2006, 08:32 PM

I had to go and get my boat Registered, so i had to make my way to the DMV, or Sec. of the State (what ever they call it in your state). LAZY IDIOTS

Where I live you get a number, then wait in the chairs until they call your number. Sometimes it is a long wait.

MJZiggy
04-24-2006, 08:33 PM
I clear the afternoon and take a book. We do it the same way. But it gets better. You have to wait in line to explain to a guy why you need the number.

BooHoo
04-24-2006, 08:40 PM
I clear the afternoon and take a book. We do it the same way. But it gets better. You have to wait in line to explain to a guy why you need the number.

LOL :lol:

Scott Campbell
04-24-2006, 09:12 PM

Costco does it for free if you bought the tires there.

jack's smirking revenge
04-24-2006, 09:19 PM
RANT: 10-15 cent price difference for a gallon of gas at different stations 10 FREAKIN' MILES APART. I know stations base their prices on the local economy, but that's just ludicrous.

Take my "hometown" of Sparta, WI: Gas at the Kwik Trip there is regularly more expensive than a Kwik Trip 20 miles down the road on I-90 in LaCrosse. Concidentally, the price dips in downtown La Crosse to attract Minnesota drivers that are used to not paying hefty gas taxes that WI applies. Minneapolis is no better. Stations ten miles away will have dramatic differences in their gas prices because of what the local economy can handle.

Can we please move away from fossil fuels...like NOW?!!?!?!

tyler

Scott Campbell
04-24-2006, 09:28 PM
RANT: 10-15 cent price difference for a gallon of gas at different stations 10 FREAKIN' MILES APART. I know stations base their prices on the local economy, but that's just ludicrous.

Take my "hometown" of Sparta, WI: Gas at the Kwik Trip there is regularly more expensive than a Kwik Trip 20 miles down the road on I-90 in LaCrosse. Concidentally, the price dips in downtown La Crosse to attract Minnesota drivers that are used to not paying hefty gas taxes that WI applies. Minneapolis is no better. Stations ten miles away will have dramatic differences in their gas prices because of what the local economy can handle.

Can we please move away from fossil fuels...like NOW?!!?!?!

tyler

I spent some time figuring out how to live off the grid because of potential utility price gouging with a fixed income later in life.

jack's smirking revenge
04-24-2006, 11:07 PM
RANT: Wall-thumping at hotels. So I'm sitting in my hotel typing away at Packer Rats, having a bevreage and having a swell time. I'm getting sleepy and I'm thinking its time to drift of to sleepytown. All of a sudden, I hear this really loud thumping. I go to the bathroom to check out the pipes and realize it's not the pipes. It's coming from down the hall. The cadence is rythmical, as if someone is pounding away at a wall. It occurs to me that someone nearby is having far more fun than I'm having.

The sound is pretty dang annoying and will probably keep me from falling asleep. What's worse? The fact that I'm actually considering shelling out an outrageous $15.00 to watch a skin flick just so I don't feel lonely.

Woe is me...

tyler

esoxx
04-24-2006, 11:31 PM

Where I live you get a number, then wait in the chairs until they call your number. Sometimes it is a long wait.

I usually take a number, size up the situation (current # is 409 and I have # 502) and leave. Usually go grab a bite to eat or hang at the mall. Then return to said government building eventually. Typically can get back within 10-15 minutes of being called.

GrnBay007
04-24-2006, 11:55 PM
RANT: Wall-thumping at hotels. So I'm sitting in my hotel typing away at Packer Rats, having a bevreage and having a swell time. I'm getting sleepy and I'm thinking its time to drift of to sleepytown. All of a sudden, I hear this really loud thumping. I go to the bathroom to check out the pipes and realize it's not the pipes. It's coming from down the hall. The cadence is rythmical, as if someone is pounding away at a wall. It occurs to me that someone nearby is having far more fun than I'm having.

The sound is pretty dang annoying and will probably keep me from falling asleep. What's worse? The fact that I'm actually considering shelling out an outrageous $15.00 to watch a skin flick just so I don't feel lonely.

Woe is me...

tyler

$15 to watch skin? you should consult B on this matter

Tyrone Bigguns
04-25-2006, 12:57 AM

I have a slighly different perspective. I'm actually happy those people work for the government. Can you imagine them in the real world? So, i'm annoyed for an hour or two, better than dealing with them daily.

Little Whiskey
04-25-2006, 08:43 PM
dammit tyronne!!! this is the rant thread not the "turn it back around, every cloud has a silver lining" thread!!! :mrgreen:

your right though, these are the same people bitching because the gov't is making cuts and eliminating their workforce. don't really need a guy to had you a number, a guy to explain the number, a guy to seat you, a guy to take the number, a guy to take your money, a guy to tell you the form isn't filled out correctly, a guy to tell you to go back and take a new number!!! one competant person would suffice

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 08:45 PM

Woe is me...

tyler

$15 to watch skin? you should consult B on this matter

Unfortunately, that's the hotel price. Heck, every movie costs around that much on PPV. An update to the story: I passed out and didn't spend the $15.

tyler

Tyrone Bigguns
04-26-2006, 12:15 PM
dammit tyronne!!! this is the rant thread not the "turn it back around, every cloud has a silver lining" thread!!! :mrgreen:

your right though, these are the same people bitching because the gov't is making cuts and eliminating their workforce. don't really need a guy to had you a number, a guy to explain the number, a guy to seat you, a guy to take the number, a guy to take your money, a guy to tell you the form isn't filled out correctly, a guy to tell you to go back and take a new number!!! one competant person would suffice

That is probably the only time anyone has thought of me as a silver lining kind of guy. Guess the prozac is finally working.

But, for every competent citizen like the members of this forum, there are about, lets say, 1000 more idiots. Have you ever looked at your fellow citizens at the DMV. Scary. Cooter and his 11 kids, etc.. The great unwashed masses would be a compliment. THOSE people do need all the extra workers; they can barely walk and breathe at the same time.

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Why did they have to pick this year, when I have a chance to actually be there to close the mini-camps to the public?

Iron Mike
04-28-2006, 10:07 PM
your right though,

OK, here's the grammar police mini-rant. I promise to only do this once. :razz:

Your=possessive form of you--e.g., this is my post, that was your post.

You're=contraction for you are--e.g., LW, when TB is states things correctly you need to comment "you're right" so that people won't think you're :wink: a redneck.

MJZiggy
04-28-2006, 10:43 PM
Thank you. You're a good grammarian in your own right.

Little Whiskey
04-30-2006, 11:45 PM
grammer nazi!!!

:mrgreen:

you really thought the redneck could spell???

Little Whiskey
05-01-2006, 08:35 AM
this weeks rant by Little Whiskey is RAIN in AL!!!!

why couldn't those storms hold off for a couple hours so i could've watched the race this weekend. they no more start the pace laps and its starts down pouring!!! now they run it today!!! i can't watch it so i have to listen to it on my computer!!! however, nascar.com is letting people use their (HEY mike, notice i didn't say there or they're :mrgreen: ) trackpass. now you can listen to the incar audio, and radio broadcast. actually it's pretty cool.

thats my rant, thanks for listening(or reading) bye!

MJZiggy
05-11-2006, 10:22 PM
I HATE DRESS SHOPPING. It is second only to swimsuit shopping...nothing good ever fits.

Badgepack
05-12-2006, 10:50 AM
I hate automated phone crap when there is no option to talk to a human, and I did try "0". Waste of fricking time, going in circles bullshit.

Phew, thanks for letting me rant.

Little Whiskey
05-12-2006, 11:49 AM
okay, you cannot only rant for two sentances. then it is just a complaint. a rant, usually means that you go on and on. come on you two, you need to rant a little longer than just two short sentances. you cannot even start to feel better by only getting two sentances off your chest. when you vent, you need to let it out. see my rant on short rants....more than two sentances, and i feel better.

Badgepack
05-12-2006, 12:08 PM
I hate automated phone crap when there is no option to talk to a human, and I did try "0". Waste of fricking time, going in circles bullshit.

I hate automated phone crap when there is no option to talk to a human, and I did try "0". Waste of fricking time, going in circles bullshit. :D

Little Whiskey
05-12-2006, 12:11 PM
well, thats a little better.

GBRulz
05-12-2006, 12:16 PM
LMAO !!

nice response, badge!!

But that automated response crap reminds me of Dell. Ever try talking to a human there? then when you get someone they're from India and you can't understand them anyhow, but for whatever reason, their name is David.

I HATE Dell and whenever I see people with their computers it makes me cringe. twice I returned things to them and once it took me 6 months to get a refund, the second one well, it's two months and counting right now. the last episode, i ordered a camera from their website, then found it cheaper somewhere else, so I called and cancelled the order. I even have an email response saying it was cancelled. Well, they decided to ship anyhow, which I immediately called and had them pick it back up. That was the last time I will ever buy anything from that company.

I really think they piss the hell out of people and get them so discouraged about returning things, that someone finally says "screw it" and sticks with the item.

BTW, Dell is adding 20,000 new jobs....to the people of India by 2008. Um, congrats Michael Dell, you must be proud of yourself.

Deputy Nutz
05-12-2006, 12:49 PM
I HATE DRESS SHOPPING. It is second only to swimsuit shopping...nothing good ever fits.

Most people fail to realize that cloths off the rack rarely fit anyone. You need to get that shit tailored to fit. I get all my fine shirts and suits either made or tailored to perfection. When I wanna look good, there is only one way to do it. And that Sung Ming Long she has hands like a surgeon.

Little Whiskey
05-12-2006, 01:18 PM
after measuring your inseam does she give you a happy ending??

MJZiggy
05-12-2006, 02:09 PM
I was seriously thinking of having a little black dress made after coming home empty-handed after a second day of shopping. Something basic you can either dress up or down depending on the occasion. I was also considering giving up and getting a beaded fuzzy top I saw and pairing it with a velvet skirt and not caring that it's the wrong season. They always air condition the hell out of these things anyway.

Little Whiskey
05-12-2006, 02:37 PM
sorry zig, most guys cannot relate. its a shirt and tie for us. the only thing we have to worry about is matching colors. (which is what the wife is for)

MJZiggy
05-12-2006, 04:25 PM
That doesn't help me LW. Now if you could tell me if it would be ok to wear a long velvet skirt with a beautiful cream colored sequined cami, that would be helpful.

Little Whiskey
05-14-2006, 09:03 PM
just go with jeans and t-shirt

MJZiggy
05-14-2006, 09:07 PM
That would go so well with a tux. :roll:

GrnBay007
05-29-2006, 01:48 PM
You go to the same hair stylist for 7 years and she goes management and doesn't do hair anymore :mad: Try 3 new ones and they can't do it right!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Tarlam!
05-29-2006, 01:54 PM
You go to the same hair stylist for 7 years and she goes management and doesn't do hair anymore

NO WAY! My hair is sooo dispicable, when I finally find an artist that can deal with it, I'm like married. I could not even to begin to deal with "management". Noy way. I am not being sarcastic.

GrnBay007
05-29-2006, 01:58 PM
You go to the same hair stylist for 7 years and she goes management and doesn't do hair anymore

NO WAY! My hair is sooo dispicable, when I finally find an artist that can deal with it, I'm like married. I could not even to begin to deal with "management". Noy way. I am not being sarcastic.

I want her back!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: She was so good. When I wanted something new she was awesome and knew exactly what would work. I'm so depressed. Can you tell I just came from the salon? :cry: It's like these people are your life line and when they cut you off cold turkey it's rough.

Tarlam!
05-29-2006, 01:59 PM
Well, if she can't delegate to meet your wishes, she might get demoted! :twisted:

GrnBay007
05-29-2006, 02:03 PM
Well, if she can't delegate to meet your wishes, she might get demoted! :twisted:

Maybe you are right. I should come up with a plan to screw with her promotion and get her demoted. Besides.....it would be good for all her old clients....not just me. I think this is the unselfish thing to do in this case. :twisted:

Tarlam!
05-29-2006, 02:07 PM
I should come up with a plan to screw with her promotion and get her demoted. Besides.....it would be good for all her old clients....not just me. I think this is the unselfish thing to do in this case. :twisted:

What you need to do is take her to one side, insist that her successor understands your hair and that you'd be happy to be a "victim" for two hair jobs "Free Of Charge" till your satisfaction level is guaranteed.

1. Personal training by ex.
2. No charge on 2 hair-do's.

Where's the pain?

GBRulz
05-30-2006, 08:49 PM
I had the same stylist for about 4 years. She left the profession altogether to go become an auto mechanic. I've gone to about 4 others since her and I just can't find one that I really like, so I hear your pain, 007!

Too bad some good friends of mine who manage Trim Barber, like the top salon in Nashville, don't live closer! Then again I don't feel like burning a week's salary just to have my hair done!

MJZiggy
05-30-2006, 08:57 PM
I had a guy in Milwaukee, gave the best haircuts and when I was working at the gym, he gave all the instructors free haircare for telling people where we got our hair done. I miss him...

GBRulz
05-30-2006, 09:01 PM
I actually found two different stylists that I like, but one for the cutting/styling and the other for the highlighting.

MJZiggy
05-30-2006, 09:07 PM
I found someone through the "mommy network" that used to cut in a salon. Now she makes a fine living cutting hair in her kitchen, she does a fine job, but I must admit, I do miss the shampoo bowl that doesn't double as someone's kitchen sink...

MJZiggy
05-31-2006, 02:12 PM
Just got back from taking my dogs to the vet. I almost fell over when I got the bill. More than $200 per dog???? How much are you guys paying? That just seems so insane to me. I know they ran the heartworm test but they didn't even need all the shots!!

Little Whiskey
05-31-2006, 03:36 PM
I got the bill. More than $200 per dog???? they didn't even need all the shots!!

zig, for about $15 i could take care of all your dog's problems :twisted:

http://world.guns.ru/rifle/30-06.jpg

I don't understand people who send their pets to the vet for chemo and hip replacements. just don't understand. they are animals

MJZiggy
05-31-2006, 03:39 PM
That wouldn't be happening around here. They keep trying to sell me on dental cleaning too and that ain't gonna happen anytime soon either.

Deputy Nutz
05-31-2006, 03:55 PM
I gotta get my dog's teeth cleaned. His mouth smells like he just ate a piece of shit, oh wait he just did.

Word of warning to those with little toddlers and dogs, if you have a kiddy toliet, make sure that when your child uses it that you remember to clean out the bowl. Otherwise "fuckhead" will have a nice tasy treat await'n.

Little Whiskey
05-31-2006, 04:08 PM
That wouldn't be happening around here. They keep trying to sell me on dental cleaning too and that ain't gonna happen anytime soon either.

my grandpa was a livestock farmer. so as a kid growing up i got a good lesson on animal's place in this world. if any animals on the farm couldn't or wouldn't do its "job", you put it down. there was no free lunches in his world. and that included people as well.

GrnBay007
05-31-2006, 04:14 PM
I gotta get my dog's teeth cleaned. His mouth smells like he just ate a piece of shit, oh wait he just did.

Word of warning to those with little toddlers and dogs, if you have a kiddy toliet, make sure that when your child uses it that you remember to clean out the bowl. Otherwise "fuckhead" will have a nice tasy treat await'n.

Ewwwwww!! That's pretty gross. I think your dog needs a doggie Psychiatrist.

GBRulz
05-31-2006, 09:37 PM
Zig, i've come to realize that veterinarians are nothing more than sales people. they try to push every kind of vaccination and pill they can to you. Mine always asks up front what I want, he never surprises me with things that i didn't ask for.

Bretta is only 5 months old, but I can tell you with my lab who is 4-1/2, she averages $125 annually to the vet. That is her booster shot, heartworm test and exam. Rabies is good for 3 years.

Althought about a month ago, between Limbo having this cyst removed from her leg and Bretta getting spayed, that was about $600 for the both of them.

I agree, it is a ripoff. and unlike kids, you can't put your pets on your insurance either!

Little Whiskey
06-12-2006, 11:32 AM
my rant for the day goes to the telemarketer. more specificly the jack ass from the "yellow pages" that keeps calling to verify my business name and address. first of all the guy is arab or middle eastern descent and talks so fast i cannot understand him. (since i am a redneck and all). secondly after i verify my bus name, phone and address, he asks my full name and title. this is where the scam alarms start going off. then he tells me about the website where they will be listing my company, and if i don't call i won't be listed. he then ask do i understand. then says he assumes i won't be calling is that correct? here is the scam, once you say yes they record that and list your ass in $500 worth of shit. i hung up on this f**ker three times friday, and twice today, but he keeps calling back. let this be a word of warning. don't let them a**holes get you to say yes, to anything!!

Scott Campbell
06-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Althought about a month ago, between Limbo having this cyst removed from her leg and Bretta getting spayed, that was about $600 for the both of them.

I agree, it is a ripoff. and unlike kids, you can't put your pets on your insurance either!

I've always felt kind of bad for vets. They go to vetinary school for 8 years instead of 9 years to medical school. Most of them come out with a mountain of student loan debt only to be confronted by customers who can't imagine paying so much for fixing up an animal.

the_idle_threat
06-13-2006, 03:26 AM

I've always felt kind of bad for vets. They go to vetinary school for 8 years instead of 9 years to medical school. Most of them come out with a mountain of student loan debt only to be confronted by customers who can't imagine paying so much for fixing up an animal.

I don't feel too bad given that it was their choice.

Funny this subject comes up today. I drove by a vet's office today and on the marquee was some crap about it being "Feline Leukemia" month ... have you had your kitty tested??? What a soak job ...

the_idle_threat
06-13-2006, 05:28 AM

Ewwwwww!! That's pretty gross. I think your dog needs a doggie Psychiatrist.

Maybe the dog just watched Pink Flamingos.

Harlan Huckleby
06-13-2006, 12:53 PM

Then again, you can't put your kids to sleep. So guess it is a wash.

Little Whiskey
06-13-2006, 01:59 PM

Then again, you can't put your kids to sleep. So guess it is a wash.

ya i think you can. mine usually takes a bottle and five minutes on the shoulders and he is fast asleep :mrgreen:

GrnBay007
06-19-2006, 09:17 PM
It's a sad fricken world when Little League baseball All Star teams are picked unfairly!! How can a coach/dad put his kid on the all star team when he was clearly not one of the top 3 players? I sure hope in the later years (sports at school) kids are acknowledged for their hard work and talent and not because daddys coaching. :mad:

FavreChild
06-19-2006, 09:57 PM
Unfortunately, 007, that is always the way things work on a little league team. The longer your son plays ball, however, the greater the chance that REAL talent is appreciated. It's true, I swear.

Use it as motivation for your boy to prove he's an MVP. It means a lot more to be named the best player at a higher level, anyway.

GrnBay007
06-19-2006, 10:05 PM
Use it as motivation for your boy to prove he's an MVP. It means a lot more to be named the best player at a higher level, anyway.

This is true. It's upsetting though when 4 different parent's come up to you and tell you it's a crock your kid didn't get picked....with one being a Dad that worked with the team the whole season. Oh well. The end of the year tourney starts Thur. and when that's done we have some free time till football starts lol

FavreChild
06-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Yeah, I definitely understand that it's upsetting - but it should also be reassuring....'cause you're RIGHT!

Politics will diminish as sports get more "serious" - so I suppose the way to think of it is that it will mean more to your son if he gets recognized for his accomplishments at a higher level than at the present.

An example - the exact same thing happened to me. I was so pissed when the coach's daughter got MVP in eighth grade over me - but then I got MVP the next year in HS. A lot more meaningful!!

MJZiggy
06-20-2006, 08:54 AM
So there really are benefits to sucking so bad at sports that you never get MVP for anything... :? Glad to here your son is not one of us as with me there was never any question or any real hope of MVPs.

Mazzin
07-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Oh shit look there, i put it on the front page for ya, your welcome bud.

Bretsky
07-05-2006, 08:11 PM
So there really are benefits to sucking so bad at sports that you never get MVP for anything... :? Glad to here your son is not one of us as with me there was never any question or any real hope of MVPs.

I have a terrible confession to make; my five year old daughter sucks at baseball. It's a bit traumatizing. :cry: :cry:

Mazzin
07-05-2006, 08:12 PM
Haha Bretsky, but she will be play softball, a little easier sport, if she is eight there is plenty of room for improvement! haha

FavreChild
07-05-2006, 08:19 PM
B, hate to break it to you...but ALL five-year-olds (male OR female) suck at softball. It's way too early for you to be turning into one of "those" dads...

:wink:

Fosco33
07-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Here's a little rant...

I was at 'AmericaFest' in Pasadena last night at the RoseBowl - pretty sweet show and even an unexpected fire (took down a bunch of palm trees and a wooden gate entrance).

BUT, how the fuck can some drivers not understand how to exit a stadium parking lot? There's always some jackass who thinks they're too important to let one driver go ahead (in the classic 1-1 turn on to the parking lot exit). OR, somebody just blares their stupid horn trying to cut ahead. It's not like you're gonna get out any faster....

Ahh, stupidity - keeping average intelligence valued since the dawn of time.

MJZiggy
07-05-2006, 08:27 PM
B, hate to break it to you...but ALL five-year-olds (male OR female) suck at softball. It's way too early for you to be turning into one of "those" dads...

:wink:

Isn't that half the fun of it! No, honey! Stop picking flowers now and run and get the ball! Now throw it in--no, no not that way, sweetie!! This way, toward little Will. No, that's ok. The shortstop will come out and get it. Oooh they got a home run. That's ok. We'll go out for ice cream after the game. Final score: 27-35 and a nice bouquet for Mom.

Mazzin
07-05-2006, 08:29 PM
My 5 year old neice plays Tee-ball. I just enjoy being out there.

I guess i must rant, or else foreskin will get all upset.....so umm its hot out there? (well not always) Oh shit, yes, the sand gnats are HORRIBLE.

Bretsky
07-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Today my rant was..............Taylor..........Baseball players do NOT play in the sand !!

FC, hate to say it, but I am one of those dads the believes his daughters will be star athleted in High School.

MJZiggy
07-05-2006, 08:51 PM
Today my rant was..............Taylor..........Baseball players do NOT play in the sand !!

FC, hate to say it, but I am one of those dads the believes his daughters will be star athleted in High School.

Then give 'em til then to get to that level. Right now it's supposed to be fun so they get hooked. That's where the post-game ice cream comes in. And end-of-the-season pizza party.

Bretsky
07-05-2006, 09:03 PM

Then give 'em til then to get to that level. Right now it's supposed to be fun so they get hooked. That's where the post-game ice cream comes in. And end-of-the-season pizza party.

I can tell you'd be a calming influence on me if we were hitched. I'd be chanting........winning and succeeding is fun; you'd be telling me to shut up and reward her with ice cream :wink:

And in reality the answer is somewhere in the middle.

FavreChild
07-05-2006, 09:45 PM
Nothing wrong with that belief, Bretsky, my friend. However, talent level at five years old (again, an age when NO ONE is talented) is not an accurate predictor of success.

Fourth grade is the earliest possible time to start drawing conclusions. Five years to go. Meanwhile, continue to build her interest and bond with her over sports. Make her feel smart about the RULES and KNOWLEDGE of the game. Her efforts to build skills will grow naturally from that. She'll want to please you without your needing to apply pressure.

Deputy Nutz
07-05-2006, 10:21 PM
I have on purpose ignored my daughter's athletic gifts at such a young age. She can hit the ball off the tee anyway she wants, kick the ball anyway she wants, and shoot the ball anyway she wants. I commend her, but I do not ask her to play catch or if she wants to hit the ball of the tee, she must initiate the activity. She is hands down on of the most physically gifted youngins I have ever seen and I have seen a lot, but I cannot begin to push her into sports, because soon it becomes forcing, and then I end up coaching, and forget about coaching your kids, That sucks. Naw, she will do it on her own, I will pay for any for any coach or lessons, but I will become too controlling and obssesive over her athletics.

GrnBay007
07-05-2006, 10:45 PM
I have on purpose ignored my daughter's athletic gifts at such a young age. She can hit the ball off the tee anyway she wants, kick the ball anyway she wants, and shoot the ball anyway she wants. I commend her, but I do not ask her to play catch or if she wants to hit the ball of the tee, she must initiate the activity. She is hands down on of the most physically gifted youngins I have ever seen and I have seen a lot, but I cannot begin to push her into sports, because soon it becomes forcing, and then I end up coaching, and forget about coaching your kids, That sucks. Naw, she will do it on her own, I will pay for any for any coach or lessons, but I will become too controlling and obssesive over her athletics.

I don't think there's anything wrong with coaching your kids nutz as long as you are able to be objective. You would have to know if you could handle it. I think it's the coolest thing when a parent can coach a son or daughter.....but like I said they have to be objective and fair in their coaching.

Since I'm in the rant thread, I have to retract a previous rant I made along this subject line. I was ranting (ok, ok...bitching) that my son didn't get picked for All Stars in baseball this year. I later found out he did get nominated, but just didn't get picked and it had more to do with the district we live in than anything. I guess too many jocks live in our district. Anyway, the coach went out of his way to let us know that and it meant a lot. :D

Deputy Nutz
07-05-2006, 10:48 PM
I have coached at every level in high school athletics, and I have coached in middle schools, and let me tell ya there is no way that I would want to deal with my child while coaching. I coached my cousin this year in wrestling, and boy was it tough. I simply knew too much about him because of our relationship, and that made it really tough to treat him like the other athletes. I couldn't imagine if that was my daughter.

GrnBay007
07-05-2006, 10:55 PM
I have coached at every level in high school athletics, and I have coached in middle schools, and let me tell ya there is no way that I would want to deal with my child while coaching. I coached my cousin this year in wrestling, and boy was it tough. I simply knew too much about him because of our relationship, and that made it really tough to treat him like the other athletes. I couldn't imagine if that was my daughter.

Cool you know your limits. Maybe it's best you just help out at practice.
That means a lot to the kids too.

SkinBasket
07-07-2006, 08:22 AM

Cool you know your limits. Maybe it's best you just help out at practice.
That means a lot to the kids too.

It is good you know your limits. Our HS Assistant Soccer coach put his freshman kid on the varsity team at a time when we were top 5 in state. Not only did it piss off a number of sophs and juniors who ended up on JV, but the kid literally weighed in the neighborhood of 95 pounds. A few games in, the kid gets his ankle broken because he's playing against guys at least twice his size. Way to go dad.

GBRulz
08-10-2006, 12:55 AM
What, are we not ranting anymore?? :wink:

Ok, rant of the evening.... as I'm listening to the classic rock station on Yahoo, I'm hearing Motley Crue, ZZ Top and the Black Crows.

no no no no no !!!!! :cry:

GrnBay007
08-10-2006, 01:00 AM
What, are we not ranting anymore?? :wink:

Ok, rant of the evening.... as I'm listening to the classic rock station on Yahoo, I'm hearing Motley Crue, ZZ Top and the Black Crows.

no no no no no !!!!! :cry:

I know what you mean. It's like the "oldies" station playing 80's music. Can't they show a little respect........80's music is not old....lol

GBRulz
08-10-2006, 09:06 AM
I remember when I was growing up, I used to get so irritated because my Dad always had the oldies station on, which was mostly stuff from the 60's. I always said "I don't know how you can listen to that crap".

Now...let's fast forward 20 years and I often find myself tuned into to the 80's channel on Sirius. the only difference I guess is that I don't have any kids to annoy because I listen to "oldies" :roll:

woodbuck27
08-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Here's a little rant...

I was at 'AmericaFest' in Pasadena last night at the RoseBowl - pretty sweet show and even an unexpected fire (took down a bunch of palm trees and a wooden gate entrance).

BUT, how the fuck can some drivers not understand how to exit a stadium parking lot? There's always some jackass who thinks they're too important to let one driver go ahead (in the classic 1-1 turn on to the parking lot exit). OR, somebody just blares their stupid horn trying to cut ahead. It's not like you're gonna get out any faster....

Ahh, stupidity - keeping average intelligence valued since the dawn of time.

No kidding.

It's really a challenge trying to exit the parking lot after the Saturday Night Stock Car Races in Geary, New Brunswick.

I don't care to attend any Demolition Derby. :mrgreen:

Little Whiskey
08-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Now...let's fast forward 20 years and I often find myself tuned into to the 80's channel on Sirius. the only difference I guess is that I don't have any kids to annoy because I listen to "oldies" :roll:

GBM, i think dogs count. when they are riding in the car do they roll their eyes and whine whine when the station is on??

my rant for the day. well actually it goes back a couple weeks. As stated in a couple other threads i just switched jobs. i gave my previous employer five years of my life. I commuted 120 miles each day to work. the branch that i started two years ago has hit its sales number 17 out of 19 months. i decide that the drive is getting to me as well as the 3.25 per gallon of gas. i try to make a lateral move back to the town i live in and am turned down. two weeks later i find out that they have approved another employee to change locations for the same reason. after i find another job closer to home and let them know i am going to a competitor, i don't even so much as get a call from them asking me to stay. they didn't even try anything to get me to stay. nothing. it is now my goal to take all business form the local sale branch of my former employer. i guess it is all part of big buss. the other day i spoke with a fellow employee who decided to leave the company as well. he had 20 years. same thing. he was escorted to the front door.

MJZiggy
08-11-2006, 09:11 PM
Here's a question. Is the guy they allowed to move a lower-tiered (therefore lower-paid employee?)

My rant for the day: How come my phone can be fairly quiet during the afternoon for most of the week, but on the day that I finally get the opportunity to lay down for a little while and catch up from a few nights of insomnia, the damn thing won't stop ringing? I can't turn it off because kids sometimes have emergencies when playing at friends' houses. I will talk to them about lowering my phone bill another day and no, thank you, I don't want to renew my subscription right now. etc., etc., etc.

Little Whiskey
08-11-2006, 09:25 PM
to answer your question zig, no. he and i held the same position. the difference was that he was only in his original location 6 months. and by the way, could hit a goal if his job depended on it.

here is a question for you. are you on the no-call list?? it dramatically decreases the number of useless phone calls. or else tell the kids to call the cell phone when they are out if they get no answer at home.

GrnBay007
08-11-2006, 09:45 PM
my rant for the day. well actually it goes back a couple weeks. As stated in a couple other threads i just switched jobs. i gave my previous employer five years of my life. I commuted 120 miles each day to work. the branch that i started two years ago has hit its sales number 17 out of 19 months. i decide that the drive is getting to me as well as the 3.25 per gallon of gas. i try to make a lateral move back to the town i live in and am turned down. two weeks later i find out that they have approved another employee to change locations for the same reason. after i find another job closer to home and let them know i am going to a competitor, i don't even so much as get a call from them asking me to stay. they didn't even try anything to get me to stay. nothing. it is now my goal to take all business form the local sale branch of my former employer. i guess it is all part of big buss. the other day i spoke with a fellow employee who decided to leave the company as well. he had 20 years. same thing. he was escorted to the front door.

That's Cold!!!!

Take all his business away!!

MJZiggy
08-11-2006, 09:49 PM
to answer your question zig, no. he and i held the same position. the difference was that he was only in his original location 6 months. and by the way, could hit a goal if his job depended on it.

here is a question for you. are you on the no-call list?? it dramatically decreases the number of useless phone calls. or else tell the kids to call the cell phone when they are out if they get no answer at home.

Yes, I am, but sadly, if they have done business with you or are charities or political, they can still call. It occurred to me only after I got up that I should have just given the other mom my cell number.

Little Whiskey
08-11-2006, 09:52 PM
[quote=Little Whiskey]

That's Cold!!!!

the thing about that is, i know the guy who works out of that office pretty well. somewhat friends. he had nothing to do with me getting turned down for the position. so i take his bus. away, and he might lose his job or at least get demoted. however, as my sales increase so does my pay. i guess this post may belong in the decision helper thread, but since we are dicussing it here, it kinda belongs.

GBRulz
08-12-2006, 09:22 AM
Whiskey, my dogs don't complain...but perhaps there is a bigger reason as to why they insist on sticking their heads out the window...maybe it is the music. I'll have to try some other stations and see what they like best :wink: Although country music is WAY out of the question.

I'm sorry to hear about your job. It sucks that employers have the general attitude that anyone can be replaced. Go work for a competitor and sock it to em!

I have a work "gripe" myself. I actually interviewed for a position and have every skill/experience that they are looking for. When I went into the final interview with the new manager they hired, low and behold it was this lady who has tried to get me to come work for her at this other company she worked at for so long and I wouldn't do it. Wouldn't you know the next day after my interview with her, I get the "thanks for applying, but we have chosen to pick another candidate who more closely fits our needs" blah blah blah. I'm not trying to toot my own horn here, but i KNOW damn well the only reason I didn't get this was because of her personal vandetta against me. I sent several emails and even called, as to what qualifications they were looking for that I did not possess. Never got a response.

Yeah, I'm about burned out in the world of telecommunications, so maybe it was a blessing in disguise. Some of you know that I run a side business and it's really been keeping me busy. I think it's what i'm going to do full-time and then just get some lame ass part-time job that gets me out of the house a few hours a week.

GBRulz
08-12-2006, 09:28 AM

Yes, I am, but sadly, if they have done business with you or are charities or political, they can still call. It occurred to me only after I got up that I should have just given the other mom my cell number.

Zig, not sure if you have caller ID or not, but whenever I get "unknown caller" it's always some kind of charitable organization. My general rule of thumb is just don't answer the phone if "unknown" comes up.

Speaking of caller ID... beware that there is equipment you can buy that allows callers to "spoof" the display. They are mostly targeting the elderly into thinking they are a hospital or doctors office and need some personal info to verify records, etc. Just an FYI, I work for a phone company, I can tell you that it is illegal for a doctors office or hospital name to show up on the caller ID. It's part of the HIPPA laws and privacy act that went into effect about 3 years ago.

If someone in the household looks at the caller ID record and sees that a doctor called, that is in violation of privacy laws.

Little Whiskey
08-12-2006, 11:56 AM
gbm, give the kids....errr...dogs what they want. COUNTRY MUSIC!!! they are hunting dogs, of course they like country music!!!! deep down inside they want to watch nascar too. get a couple of those vests with 99's on them. they will be happy.

but also speaking of telephone scams. be careful of people "verifing info". once they get you to say your name and yes, next thing you know you get a bill. that happened to the old company i USED to work for quite a bit.

GBRulz
08-12-2006, 01:03 PM
maybe I should just buy them a trailer while I'm at it, Whiskey! :wink:

Agreed, lots of scams going on everywhere. Not sure if any of you have eBay or Paypal accounts, but people are duping these websites perfectly, then sending an email with a link to it asking you to verify information. I can see many people falling for this.

I don't get why more of these people cannot be caught and prosecuted. It's basically the building blocks to someone's identity being stolen.

Tarlam!
08-20-2006, 02:42 PM
O.K. This isn't really a rant, but, I don't know where else to post this....

Woodbuck has a sig, that I used to loathe, but he has changed it. The last line seems to be the same and it is from this guy that says Gimme Truth above love or money. Something like that.

I just read it again. I simply cannot grasp that purism concept.

Give me untold wealth and a great blow-job. Lie to me all you want after that - i just don't care.

TPF
08-20-2006, 03:55 PM
Give me untold wealth and a great blow-job. Lie to me all you want after that - i just don't care.

That's one way of looking at it.

Tarlam!
08-21-2006, 02:41 PM

That's one way of looking at it.

I was drunk when I wrote it, and now reading it sober, I pat myself on the back for being so intelligent when I'm drunkl!

Little Whiskey
08-27-2006, 09:59 AM
nobody has been pissed off in more than a week???? what the hell... are we all living in tanks world of peace and harmony???

well my rant today is for all the rain we have been getting!!!! my grass is almost as tall as the trees. I'm going to need to get one of those weed and brush mowers they keep advertising on TV.....or els a Combine!! I don't think my mower will be able to handle it at this length. then when i do mow it down it will look like a hay field laying out to dry and kill the rest of it off. you cannot easily rake up 10 acres of grass. so now you see why i am ranting!!! come on ran STOP!!!! let the sun out for a few hours to dry out my yard!!! sumbitch!!!

okay i'm done. but it still isn't sunny out!

retailguy
08-27-2006, 11:11 AM
[quote=Little Whiskey]

That's Cold!!!!

the thing about that is, i know the guy who works out of that office pretty well. somewhat friends. he had nothing to do with me getting turned down for the position. so i take his bus. away, and he might lose his job or at least get demoted. however, as my sales increase so does my pay. i guess this post may belong in the decision helper thread, but since we are dicussing it here, it kinda belongs.

Whiskey,

Take all the business you can. There is NO LOYALTY in the business world anymore, and you owe your new employer the BEST job you can do. That is what they are paying you for. If your acquaintance can't compete, he needs to suffer the consequences of that. You may find he "steps up his game" a notch when forced to compete to save his job.

It may make both of you better for the competition.

GBRulz
08-31-2006, 06:19 PM
I'm pissed......

Well, to make a long story short, I just got back from the vet and found out that my dog has Sarcoptic Mange, which is a mite that imbeds itself under the skin and causes major itching and skin irritation to the dog.

While I'm certainly glad she is going to get treatment for it, I'm not happy about my whole Labor Day weekend being ruined because I can't take her around other dogs. Also had camping plans the following weekend. Nope, can't have her around other dogs for 4 weeks.

So far, my other dog hasn't started itching though, but i'll be watching her close. I tell ya one thing, I sure the heck feel itchy all of a sudden! The scary thing is, yes, it can be passed to humans but it doesn't live long.

Anyone else ever have a dog with mange?

justanotherpackfan
08-31-2006, 06:29 PM
My rant is, with school starting they expect you to get to bed at a reasonable time! A reasonable time!!!!!! and then they want you to wake up early!!!!! How is this possible?? :shock:

MJZiggy
08-31-2006, 07:54 PM
My rant is, with school starting they expect you to get to bed at a reasonable time! A reasonable time!!!!!! and then they want you to wake up early!!!!! How is this possible?? :shock:

When you get that one figured out, let me know.

Tarlam!
09-01-2006, 06:21 AM

That is BOMNF!!!!

My MBA class is looking at me funny - thanks kid! :oops:

justanotherpackfan
09-01-2006, 11:12 PM

That is BOMNF!!!!

My MBA class is looking at me funny - thanks kid! :oops:
What does BOMNF mean and what is an MBA class?

MJZiggy
09-01-2006, 11:14 PM
BOMNF is "beer outta my nostrils funny" and MBA is a Masters degree in Business Administration.

GBRulz
09-02-2006, 12:20 AM
MBA = Master Bullshit Artist? :wink:

the_idle_threat
09-02-2006, 01:25 AM
I'm kinda pissed that Partial is still banned.

So he was making drama threads ... so did Tank, and Mazzin and a lot of other people. If it's bullshit, then call him on it and leave it at that. He bears the burden of diminished credibility.

Kiss and make up already. :evil:

MJZiggy
09-02-2006, 07:26 AM
I think that's between Madtown and Partial, but I do know that Mad doesn't ban people without a hell of a reason. They will work it out in their own time.

Iron Mike
09-02-2006, 07:44 AM
I'm pissed......

Well, to make a long story short, I just got back from the vet and found out that my dog has Sarcoptic Mange. The scary thing is, yes, it can be passed to humans but it doesn't live long.

IIRC, it's the parasite that causes scabies:

http://www.kcom.edu/faculty/chamberlain/Website/lectures/lecture/Sarcoptes2a.gif

MJZiggy
09-02-2006, 08:10 AM
Tony's cousin!!

GBRulz
09-02-2006, 08:12 AM
Thanks Mike !!! Like I don't make myself itch enough as it is when i see my dog scratching at herself!!!

GBRulz
09-02-2006, 08:46 AM
I'm kinda pissed that Partial is still banned.

So he was making drama threads ... so did Tank, and Mazzin and a lot of other people. If it's bullshit, then call him on it and leave it at that. He bears the burden of diminished credibility.

Kiss and make up already. :evil:

I really don't think that is up to any of us to decide. Mad had a good reason to ban Partial or he wouldn't have done so. He may be hot headed, but he's fair.

Besides, it's kinda funny to have him over on JSO annoying St. Lou :wink:

Badgepack
09-02-2006, 11:28 AM
I get really angry that a sports fan cannot listen to an streamed local radio station broadcast of NFL or NCAA game.

The games can be listened to free on the airways if you live in the area, but have to pay if you don't. Makes no sense to me, you would think they would want to make games available for the fans, wherever they might be.

Greedy sons of bitches. I am not paying $$$ to listen to Packer games, Badger football games, and Badger B-Ball games. (only the Packer games)

Scott Campbell
09-02-2006, 12:06 PM
I hate those stupid anti-piracy commercials slapped into the previews on DVD's.

retailguy
09-02-2006, 12:49 PM
I think that's between Madtown and Partial, but I do know that Mad doesn't ban people without a hell of a reason. They will work it out in their own time.

they gotta start talking first. at this point, insults are still being hurled, from one direction anyhow... sad.

retailguy
09-02-2006, 12:49 PM
I hate those stupid anti-piracy commercials slapped into the previews on DVD's.

the RIAA is realizing that they are becoming as unnecessary as the AFL-CIO.

retailguy
09-02-2006, 12:51 PM
at this point they (RIAA) are standing in the way of progress. If they get out of the way, they'll never get back in the way. so they are doing the only thing that they can do, fight for their survival.... it won't work.

Scott Campbell
09-02-2006, 07:27 PM
I think you have the RIAA confused with the MPAA.

the_idle_threat
09-02-2006, 10:32 PM
There's a difference? :?

GBRulz
09-02-2006, 10:55 PM
I am not viewing this page until it hits page 10.... that freaken bug is really making me itch !!

MJZiggy
09-02-2006, 10:56 PM
How are the dogs doing?

retailguy
09-02-2006, 11:05 PM
How are the dogs doing?

she's not viewing the page till it hits page 10, remember?

GBRulz
09-02-2006, 11:08 PM
the lab (who has the mange) is still very itchy. She has to get a shot every 2 weeks - a total of 3 treatments, which will kill the mites.

Watching the little dog very closely, but she appears to be fine.

I just wish I knew where it came from. They hang around the same 3 dogs quite often, but the other dogs don't have it.

I almost wonder if it came from the vet's office. As some of you know, she has Addison's Disease and has to visit the vet on a monthly basis.

Oh well, I just want it gone. I'm itchy all the time, but I know it's all in my head!

GBRulz
09-02-2006, 11:09 PM
How are the dogs doing?

she's not viewing the page till it hits page 10, remember?

LOL - I have two windows open actually and just keep refreshing this page, hoping page 10 will come soon :wink:

MJZiggy
09-03-2006, 08:04 AM
Congrats on the page change... :razz:

test
09-03-2006, 10:03 AM
Yes Madtown and all the limp wristed mods here allow my wife to be insulted and run down. They do NOTHING about it.

So far retailguy, the_idle_threat, and mraynrand have all insulted my wife in this thread http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=3159&start=120 and J-Rok has yucked it up.

Real nice board you got here. Why is this acceptable to all of you? No one will admit this was totaly fucked up so I'll just have to keep it going.

Scott Campbell
09-03-2006, 10:07 AM
Matt just tried to post my personal information gained from this site over at JSO - a link and speculation as to where I work.

Even though he got it wrong, I think it speaks volumes as to who and what were dealing with.

test
09-03-2006, 10:08 AM
where?

I posted the link where you post your insulting pictures from. That's all.

Scott Campbell
09-03-2006, 10:10 AM
where?

Liar, liar pants on fire.

Reply Revisions:
Date: 9/3/2006 9:32:29 AM
Author: Matt-NC
Message: nothing but idiots looking to see how far they can push things.

Cambell love to push and post links from http://www.kimball.k12.sd.us/ . Could it be he works there?

I'll post the link.

http://www2.jsonline.com:80/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=37310&revid=476826&revtype=r&pageNo=5&forumID=35&catID=7&num=20&sessionID{1D7213CE-9800-4A8F-AB58-DD68012CF8EA}

Be sure to click on revisions. He tried to hide what he did.

test
09-03-2006, 10:12 AM
where?

Liar, liar pants on fire.

Reply Revisions:
Date: 9/3/2006 9:32:29 AM
Author: Matt-NC
Message: nothing but idiots looking to see how far they can push things.

Cambell love to push and post links from http://www.kimball.k12.sd.us/ . Could it be he works there?

I'll post the link.

you're not quoting accurately. You added the last sentence yourself.

Scott Campbell
09-03-2006, 10:14 AM
Again, be sure to click on revisions. He tried to hide what he did.

test
09-03-2006, 10:16 AM
Again, be sure to click on revisions. He tried to hide what he did.

I fixed a spelling error. Didn't delete anything. I could "add" all sorts of things you said too. Wouldn't make them any more true.

Scott Campbell
09-03-2006, 10:18 AM
:D

Everyone can read what you wrote for themselves by clicking on the revision. It's word for word, letter for letter. Not one thing altered - except by you when you tried to go back and cover your tracks. And then it was too late. It's still there Matt.

test
09-03-2006, 10:20 AM
and?

oh it was in fun. That makes it ok, right?

Scott Campbell
09-03-2006, 10:23 AM
and?

http://www.flexyourrights.org/images/busted-dvd-artwork.jpg

test
09-03-2006, 10:25 AM
and I should care because? Didn't you hear?

Everything is fair game here.

Scott Campbell
09-03-2006, 10:27 AM

Posting personal information has never been fair game here. It's why we are here.

The fact that you screwed up and got mine wrong is irrelevent. The point is, you tried to do it.

test
09-03-2006, 10:29 AM

Posting personal information has never been fair game here. It's why we are here.

The fact that you screwed up and got mine wrong is irrelevent. The point is, you tried to do it.

So insulting my wife is ok, but personal info is not.

Do I have that correct? That goes for all, correct?

MJZiggy
09-03-2006, 10:29 AM
Alright ENOUGH!! This is the rants thread, so here goes. test, You would not expect Mike Davis to ban people for bringing up family so I don't know why you're so hellbent on expecting it here. Other teams fans are not forbidden there, I can't see why you expect Madtown to somehow require that everyone who signs on here be only Packer fans. How would he even tell? We would lose out on a lot of learning and differing points of view if we lost these members. Sometimes they can come up with a way of looking at things you never thought of. Mad has already said he won't tolerate trolls. There's a difference.

If you look at the rules section of this forum, it says specifically that people's posts are NOT censored here. It is not Mad's job to defend your wife--but to protect his forum. He does an admirable job of that. The ONLY things that are forbidden to post here is personal information. I don't know what anyone else saw, but I saw an attempt to do that. If you don't like it, go run over to jso and tell them that your wife was insulted and see how much sympathy you get there. I'm truly beginning to believe that the only reason you came here was to find complaints to post at jso and to disrupt this place. If you have that much hatred in your heart that you can hate a Packer Fan forum then your wife is not the one that deserves the pity.

Scott Campbell
09-03-2006, 10:33 AM
where?

And you're a liar too. But not a very good one.

test
09-03-2006, 10:34 AM
personal info how?

HE made the post with that link. I didn't dig it up.

This doesn't qualify as a rant?

test
09-03-2006, 10:34 AM
where?

And you're a liar too. But not a very good one.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Scott Campbell
09-03-2006, 10:35 AM
personal info how?

Now don't be a weasel Matt. Man up and take your punishment.

MJZiggy
09-03-2006, 10:41 AM
personal info how?

All that and that's the only bit you have a response for? Did you even read the rest of it?

test
09-03-2006, 10:41 AM
personal info how?

Now don't be a weasel Matt. Man up and take your punishment.

I got my slap on the wrist in a pm. But you opened the door.

bla bla bla.

when will the others in this mess get theirs for me to see?

MJZiggy
09-03-2006, 10:55 AM
For the record, I hate being ignored just a tad more than you hate insults to your family. You gonna answer me or what?

test
09-03-2006, 11:02 AM
Alright ENOUGH!! This is the rants thread, so here goes. test, You would not expect Mike Davis to ban people for bringing up family so I don't know why you're so hellbent on expecting it here.
fine but then I can let insults about your family fly and it won't matter. right?

Other teams fans are not forbidden there, I can't see why you expect Madtown to somehow require that everyone who signs on here be only Packer fans. How would he even tell? We would lose out on a lot of learning and differing points of view if we lost these members. Sometimes they can come up with a way of looking at things you never thought of. Mad has already said he won't tolerate trolls. There's a difference.

Amazing. When the trolls stick it to GB, you all just roll over. When I stick it back to them, I'm the boogey man.

If you look at the rules section of this forum, it says specifically that people's posts are NOT censored here. It is not Mad's job to defend your wife--but to protect his forum. He does an admirable job of that. The ONLY things that are forbidden to post here is personal information. I don't know what anyone else saw, but I saw an attempt to do that.

does anyone believe cambell soup is dumb enough to link from his own site? it was a joke. Everyone is supposed to tolerate jokes. right?

If you don't like it, go run over to jso and tell them that your wife was insulted and see how much sympathy you get there.

What because I'm not a little lemming bitch like many posters here and proclaim how great you are, I'm in the wrong?

I'm truly beginning to believe that the only reason you came here was to find complaints to post at jso and to disrupt this place.

believe what ever you want. I don't care. It's obvious you don't.

If you have that much hatred in your heart that you can hate a Packer Fan forum then your wife is not the one that deserves the pity.

Now you're doing the same fucking thing. Why is bringingly family into things accpetable?

I didn't open the door to this. It's up to idle threat to close it.

MJZiggy
09-03-2006, 11:17 AM
1. You can insult my wife all you want.

2. Nobody's rolling over to trolls. You're not sticking it back to them, you're just telling them to go away. Chicago has enough chinks in their armor that they can't talk a little smack without getting smacked back. Try reminding them that their quarterback is as durable as fine china or that he just plain sucks and will lose his job by week 3. They have a comeback for this? (Now's not the time, Baddest, I'm just posing an example.

3. Usually jokes come with some sort of smiley or indication that you're joking. Helps a lot, but when you also dump it on jso, it didn't seem like a joke there either--whatever.

3. Noboday asked you to proclaim anything, but I, for one, thought you would see the value of the contributions here and quit complaining about this place once you started contributing to it.

4. I do care. I love this place and was really hoping you'd contribute. I was wrong.

5. I'm not doing the same thing. I said nothing about your wife. My comment was about what was said. If you read what I said then you will realize that I said I pity YOU. Not her. She has nothing to do with this. I am sure she is a perfectly wonderful person and if she is, in fact ill (that YOU intimated she may or may not be) then she has my wishes for a speedy recovery.

6. If you want Idle to finish it, at least please wait 'til he gets back on the board.

test
09-03-2006, 11:18 AM
I'm trying to limit it to one thread now. You're the one carrying on.

Rastak
09-03-2006, 01:33 PM

When Bretskty finds out he's gonna head straight over to your house....

MJZiggy
09-03-2006, 01:34 PM
I heard his flight lands a 4...

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-03-2006, 01:44 PM
I was reading were this fight all began and it seems to me that test is kind of touchy when it comes to his wife. So, if you know that he takes this subject very serious, why do some of you keep trying to piss him off. There may be something that he had to go through with his wife and he really hates when people even bring her up. I say who ever he's mad at, just say sorry and move on.

On the another hand Test, I was reading and it all started by someone saying "I feel sorry for your wife." Thats not directly talking about her, but more of a insult to you.

Point is, everyone needs to lighten up and remember that this is a place to chill out and express your thoughts (hopefully good ones).

BallHawk
09-03-2006, 01:50 PM
I was reading were this fight all began and it seems to me that test is kind of touchy when it comes to his wife. So, if you know that he takes this subject very serious, why do some of you keep trying to piss him off. There may be something that he had to go through with his wife and he really hates when people even bring her up. I say who ever he's mad at, just say sorry and move on.

On the another hand Test, I was reading and it all started by someone saying "I feel sorry for your wife." Thats not directly talking about her, but more of a insult to you.

Point is, everyone needs to lighten up and remember that this is a place to chill out and express your thoughts (hopefully good ones).

Well put, MD.

Tarlam!
09-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Nobody on this forum insulted Matt's wife.

Matt took offense to a quip where his wife was in a statement.

This does not equate to bringing his wife into an argument. However, Matt has a massive emotional investment in this now, and won't be backing down anytime soon. His pride won't let him.

Matt, I'm sure we could exchange wife stories. I'm sure, I'd win. You have NO IDEA about my wife stories.

Your problem isn't your wife, though. It's you. You can't read. Or you can't comprehend. You've been told by some of the most respected and honored posters here that you misunderstood this. Yet, you continue to bash the mods and your fellow posters because they do not agree with you.

How about you offer me a salient reason to agree with your position? How about you make a case that supports your absurd claim that people have insulted you by dragging your family into this.

How about, you make some, remote connection to the severity of your OPF-daughter quote and what anyone here has had to write about you?

When I read that, you lost me, man. I don't care if you never post here again. If you ever spoke about my daughter in such a tone, even hypothetically, I would call upon the mods to make a him or me decision. Because, that, idiot, was something I wouldn't even expect from a Teddy Troll. Far less a fellow Packer Backer.

You owe OPF a major apology. Until he receives it, I will bash the living daylights out of anything you might slip on.

If I feel like it.....

Bretsky
09-03-2006, 04:27 PM

When Bretskty finds out he's gonna head straight over to your house....

HAIL TO THE FIRST ACKNOWLEDGE GRAILEE

So where to you live ? :mrgreen:

Scott Campbell
09-03-2006, 04:31 PM
.......insert rant here..............

Pssst. T. I don't think Matt is here anymore. Hell, I don't think he was all there to begin with.

You can reach him care of JSO if you like.

That was a damn waste of a perfectly fine rant.

falco
09-03-2006, 04:31 PM
You might as well stop talking to Matt, he's been banned.

And now he's telling stories at JSO about how horrible he was treated here, and banned just for speaking his mind.

Which was most likely his intention to begin with.

the_idle_threat
09-03-2006, 05:23 PM
You might as well stop talking to Matt, he's been banned.

Mission accomplished.

Scott Campbell
09-03-2006, 05:42 PM
I was reading were this fight all began and it seems to me that test is kind of touchy when it comes to his wife. So, if you know that he takes this subject very serious, why do some of you keep trying to piss him off.

Because sometimes it's better to encourage the inevitable melt down and help him get banned from the forum right away rather than letting him regain his composure and continue plotting our demise.

the_idle_threat
09-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Amen, Scott!

Troll-hunting is ugly in the short term, but is worth it in the end.

Rastak
09-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Amen, Scott!

Yea but isn't it strange to have a PACKER troll in a Packer forum?

I thought we were talking to Demitrus Underwood for a while there....

the_idle_threat
09-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Amen, Scott!

Hahahaha!

The infamous D.U. ...

Didn't you just groan out loud the first time you heard ol' Denny Green drafted him?

As Packerrat "trolls" go, you're the original ... and still the best! :lol:

Rastak
09-03-2006, 07:14 PM
Amen, Scott!

Hahahaha!

The infamous D.U. ...

Didn't you just groan out loud the first time you heard ol' Denny Green drafted him?

As Packerrat "trolls" go, you're the original ... and still the best! :lol:

I thought it was an odd pick but then the dude drove off after morning practice on DAY ONE and nobody could find him and I KNEW Denny had screwed up bad. Then Denny says it was just an extra pick....IT WAS A FIRST ROUND PICK YOU DUMMY! He later admited it was a huge mistake....

the_idle_threat
09-03-2006, 07:37 PM
You're not going to like my saying this, but you will understand ... :mrgreen:

I laughed out loud when I heard that pick ... D.U. quit on his college team his senior year---actually stopped playing part way through the season because he didn't want to play anymore! :shock: That right there showed he didn't have the heart to make it in the NFL. And ol' Denny wasted a 1st round pick on him! LOL I was actually quite worried before the draft that the Vikes would get a scary infusion of talent with two 1st rounders, and Denny flushed one straight down the toilet! I don't remember who the other 1st round pick was, but I recall being unimpressed by that guy too. I definitely remember the feeling that the Pack dodged a big bullet with Green's crappy 1st round that year.

The only other time I remember feeling the same level of schadenfreude toward another team's transaction is when Dallas gave up two first-round picks for Joey Galloway.

Rastak
09-03-2006, 07:51 PM
You're not going to like my saying this, but you will understand ... :mrgreen:

I laughed out loud when I heard that pick ... D.U. quit on his college team his senior year---actually stopped playing part way through the season because he didn't want to play anymore! :shock: That right there showed he didn't have the heart to make it in the NFL. And ol' Denny wasted a 1st round pick on him! LOL I was actually quite worried before the draft that the Vikes would get a scary infusion of talent with two 1st rounders, and Denny flushed one straight down the toilet! I don't remember who the other 1st round pick was, but I recall being unimpressed by that guy too. I definitely remember the feeling that the Pack dodged a big bullet with Green's crappy 1st round that year.

The only other time I remember feeling the same level of schadenfreude toward another team's transaction is when Dallas gave up two first-round picks for Joey Galloway.

I think the Michigan State coach actually warned him too IIRC....Denny always did think he was smarter than everyone else.....although his AZ drafts haven't been that bad I have to admit....

the_idle_threat
09-03-2006, 10:07 PM
You know, that's the thing ... I thought Denny was a pretty good judge of talent up that point. That's why I---as a Packer fan--- was so pleasantly surprised by his poor decision-making in that draft. Two #1 picks gives you a pretty good chance to find some quality contributors, unless you thorw one of them away on a sure-fire bust.

GBRulz
09-04-2006, 09:37 AM
Ok, here is a rant.... as I'm trying to catch up on all the topics here, it seems like I can't go through a thread without reading about test and his drama. Why aren't these individual posts deleted?

I know we can't control what goes on at JSO, but here is the pattern that I see happening lately.... someone starts a drama thread here, it goes on and on and on...then they are finally banned and they start posting their "pity me" story on JSO. Partial did it. now test (Matt) is doing it.

If people are ticked off enough, here we go again with the posting of personal information. Not here, but on JSO. Perhaps, i am a little more sensitive on the subject and with good reason, but if we can put an ax to the drama threads here, the less likely personal info and insults will be posted on other forums like JSO. I'm sure many have read the postings over there lately, it's mostly crap that is copied and pasted from THIS site. Had the topic and posts be nipped to begin with over here, what would they have to post about over there?

Sure, we love the publicity of the PR name over there, as it's getting us more posters here, but this kind of publicity I could live without.

Scott Campbell
09-04-2006, 10:00 AM
Ok, here is a rant.... as I'm trying to catch up on all the topics here, it seems like I can't go through a thread without reading about test and his drama. Why aren't these individual posts deleted?

I know we can't control what goes on at JSO, but here is the pattern that I see happening lately.... someone starts a drama thread here, it goes on and on and on...then they are finally banned and they start posting their "pity me" story on JSO. Partial did it. now test (Matt) is doing it.

If people are ticked off enough, here we go again with the posting of personal information. Not here, but on JSO. Perhaps, i am a little more sensitive on the subject and with good reason, but if we can put an ax to the drama threads here, the less likely personal info and insults will be posted on other forums like JSO. I'm sure many have read the postings over there lately, it's mostly crap that is copied and pasted from THIS site. Had the topic and posts be nipped to begin with over here, what would they have to post about over there?

Sure, we love the publicity of the PR name over there, as it's getting us more posters here, but this kind of publicity I could live without.

I think we gave what you suggested the old college try over at CE. If you're too liberal with the ax, you'll have people screaming censorship and leaving.

And say what you will about JSO, but that site is still probably the biggest feeder site for new members here. Sure, there will be the periodic stinker. But we've gotten a lot of terrific contributers from that site.

I think things worked the way they were designed to in this case. The guy was exposed, contained and then removed with relatively little fuss.

GBRulz
09-04-2006, 10:10 AM
while I agree in concept, Scott in regards to censorship, i don't think you can compare CE to the situation.

censoring on language and content is different from removing a post spammed in multiple threads. There have been a few posts were people basically told him to shut the hell up. I highly doubt anyone here would leave the site if those posts were removed.

GBRulz
09-04-2006, 10:11 AM
whatever the case, i'm glad Mad has dealt with him being a distraction.

SkinBasket
09-04-2006, 10:26 AM
All you fuckers out there with your SuperDuty diesel trucks jacked up with 3 feet of clearance and gigantic fucking tires so that the engine that's louder than 4 buses can rumble and choke right in my car window better be putting that machine to good use, because I'm ready to get out and choke your poser ass to death when I see a truck like that changing lanes without a blinker, cutting people off, and the fucking thing doesn't even have a spot of dirt on it. What the goddamn are you using it for? Grocery shopping?

Oh did I forget to mention that BOSS decal in the window with Calvin pissing on the opposing brand's logo? Thats so fucking fresh and funny I can't stand it. GET ER DONE!

Scott Campbell
09-04-2006, 10:42 AM
while I agree in concept, Scott in regards to censorship, i don't think you can compare CE to the situation.

censoring on language and content is different from removing a post spammed in multiple threads. There have been a few posts were people basically told him to shut the hell up. I highly doubt anyone here would leave the site if those posts were removed.

This site is pretty unique in that censorship seems to be abhored by leadership as much as it is by the members. There's no question that PackerChatters wouldn't tolerate this stuff. But I'm not sure we want to be PackerChatters. It's a free for all in here most of the time. And I think a lot of people like it like that. Yeah, there are fights. But it's not out of control like at JSO. It's a pretty good balance in my opinion.

It's a lot of extra work to censor posts, and when you do you subject yourself to lots of potential second guessing by members.

I thought it was kind of fascinating to watch members here stick up for the Bear trolls rather than compromise their values and side with Matt. I thought it said a lot about the character of the group. If Tank were here, he could have written a paper on it!

Scott Campbell
09-04-2006, 10:47 AM
Folks, please be respectful of Skin on the highways.

http://www.outdoortoysdirect.co.uk/images/products/littletikes/20LT4855s.jpg

GBRulz
09-04-2006, 11:43 AM
I thought it was kind of fascinating to watch members here stick up for the Bear trolls rather than compromise their values and side with Matt. I thought it said a lot about the character of the group. If Tank were here, he could have written a paper on it!

Hey, we were all sick of their crap and are very happy to get away from it. But they haven't been a problem here and if they are, you know they won't last.

Matt was clearly looking to disrupt the place from the very first time he became a member here.

I don't think it's a fair assumption to base a fellow posters values based upon that.

GBRulz
09-04-2006, 11:51 AM
All you fuckers out there with your SuperDuty diesel trucks jacked up with 3 feet of clearance and gigantic fucking tires so that the engine that's louder than 4 buses can rumble and choke right in my car window better be putting that machine to good use, because I'm ready to get out and choke your poser ass to death when I see a truck like that changing lanes without a blinker, cutting people off, and the fucking thing doesn't even have a spot of dirt on it. What the goddamn are you using it for? Grocery shopping?

Oh did I forget to mention that BOSS decal in the window with Calvin pissing on the opposing brand's logo? Thats so fucking fresh and funny I can't stand it. GET ER DONE!

how about the people with the "NO FEAR" decals ?

Little Whiskey
09-04-2006, 08:49 PM

WHOOOOAAAA!!!!! skin should be banned for insulting me like that!!!! just because that truck is clean doesn't mean all i use it for is picking up the kid from soccer practice!!! just cause i like a nice looking truck to drive to and from the mud pits, doesn't mean i don't know how to use it!!! remember loud pipes save lives! ban his ass to JSO!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

CyclonePackFan
09-04-2006, 09:53 PM

I paint one of those on my arm for football games. Mostly because I'm headed into some hostile crowds this year at Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas State for some road trips.

GBRulz
09-05-2006, 07:17 PM
I have Sirius in my vehicle and was listening to the "hits" station. Apparently, Lionel Richie has a new song out.....

Anyhow, on the display where it has the artist, it said "Lionel Richie (Nicole Richie's Dad).

I'm like "WTF".....

Zool
09-05-2006, 07:20 PM
Hello?
Is it me you're looking for?

justanotherpackfan
09-05-2006, 07:31 PM

I paint one of those on my arm for football games. Mostly because I'm headed into some hostile crowds this year at Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas State for some road trips.
That's awesome, I've always wanted to go to an opposing teams stadium but it's kind of a problem with my parents. :wink: When I get older I want to check out the Big House and maybe Kinnick Stadium or the Horsehoe.

GBRulz
09-05-2006, 07:40 PM
Hello?

LOL - Yes..... My Endless Love :wink:

Zool
09-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Hello?

Well now I'm dancin' on the ceiling.

justanotherpackfan
09-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Hello?

Kids....

GBRulz
09-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Hello?

Kids....

Oh come on and sing along....All Night Long...

justanotherpackfan
09-05-2006, 08:12 PM
Hello?

Kids....

Oh come on and sing along....All Night Long...
ehh.

GBRulz
09-05-2006, 11:27 PM
ok ok, we'll put Lionel away for the night!

SkinBasket
09-06-2006, 07:55 AM
One more thing. The latest AP NCAA rankings:

4. Notre Dame (8) 1-0 1,408

Are you fucking kidding me? I understand the whole overrating ND thing - its become a sports cliche for craps sake. But 8 FIRST PLACE VOTES? This is why college football needs a playoff system, is fuckwads like these eight "newspeople" who are more interested in playing Homer Bunghole than actually ranking the teams.

BLARG!!!

Scott Campbell
09-06-2006, 08:18 AM

Are you fucking kidding me? I understand the whole overrating ND thing - its become a sports cliche for craps sake. But 8 FIRST PLACE VOTES? This is why college football needs a playoff system, is fuckwads like these eight "newspeople" who are more interested in playing Homer Bunghole than actually ranking the teams.

BLARG!!!

Amen brother Skin.

How bout the Utah team that goes undefeated and becomes the first team outside the BCS conferences to break into a BCS bowl. And for their effort they get to play 18th ranked Pitt in the Fiesta bowl. What a crock.

Let them sort it out on the field.

GBRulz
09-06-2006, 09:58 AM
SURI CRUISE UNVEILED.....

grrr who cares !!!

the_idle_threat
09-06-2006, 10:07 AM
No kidding. I'm a lot more interested in this story about the new heir to the throne of Japan. They didn't know it was a boy until a couple of day ago when he splashed down. So we're supposed to believe that with all the electronics they have over there, nobody has access to an ultrasound?

Possible Story Headline: "Princess Royally Fucked, Squats Out an Heir"

Partial
09-06-2006, 12:03 PM

BLARG!!!

I could not agree more, Skin. ND should be 2, right behind OSU and Wisconsin :D

Partial
09-06-2006, 12:05 PM
That my school disables chat programs from wireless internet. I was hoping to finally check up with the sexy mexy now in my hour off assuming he hasn't gone to bed yet, but no, I cannot hop on aim or msn from my laptop. Damn proxies. I suppose if I really wanted to I could hop on one of the windows machines in the labs and find out the IP address from the proxy and input that into my proxy connection for aim and msn, but that seems like a lot of work and in all likelyhood they disabled the ability to view this information.

Kiwon
09-06-2006, 05:47 PM
:shock:

This is a sick world. What's wrong with people?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0906061grave1.html