PDA

View Full Version : Packer Rat Mock...#4 New York Jets

ND72
04-21-2006, 01:40 PM
#1. Houston Texans - Reggie Bush
#2. New Orleans Saints - Mario Williams
#3. Tennessee Titans - Mario Williams

Now on the Clock...#4, New York Jets..make your votes now!

Fosco33
04-21-2006, 01:46 PM
#1. Houston Texans - Reggie Bush
#2. New Orleans Saints - Mario Williams
#3. Tennessee Titans - Mario Williams

Now on the Clock...#4, New York Jets..make your votes now!

I think you meant Leinert with #3. I know Mario is good - but can he really play for two teams at once - impressive :smile:

ND72
04-21-2006, 02:10 PM
yeah my bad, was doing all of this pretty fast..

#1 Reggie Bush
#2 Mario williams
#3 Matt Leinart

Partial
04-21-2006, 02:45 PM
VY - He won't last til 5. Now that no one has had a spotlight done on them for awhile I think the top 5 are starting to settle.

Reggie
Mario
YOUNG WILL GO THIRD
Leinart
Hawk

that's how it'll go.

However, since young didn't get drafted, if he happens to be available NY will pounce on him. Signing this freak will make the splash they need to get them some hype instead of the Giants. He'll sell many, many jerseys and even if he isn't the smartest pick here, he will be the pick for his marketability in the big city.

Mark it down.

billy_oliver880
04-21-2006, 02:47 PM
I think they will go with cutler. I don't think they are enamoured with VY.

Partial
04-21-2006, 03:24 PM
No way will they take Cutler. VY will be the first quarterback off the board now that we have seen NO address their issues.

I think he'll go to Tenn, but if he is available to the Jets write it down(in ink of course) that they will draft him. No question about it.

CyclonePackFan
04-21-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm starting to hear talk about the Saints using the #2 pick on A.J. Hawk. Dear God I hope not...else everyone in my building will hear me do my Darth Vader impression:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Guiness
04-21-2006, 04:27 PM
If Williams and Leinart are gone, Jets take Brick. There's no way he falls further than that.

Him and AJ and VD would be the last 'no risk' players on the board. Guys that are almost guaranteed to step in and start week 1.

The same with Leinart. If either of those players are on the board by this pick, and the Jets don't want either, they'll trade out of the spot. And I still think there's a very good chance someone gives NO what they want to move up to #2 and pick Leinart - but maybe they're more in love with Williams than I think they are.

Harlan Huckleby
04-21-2006, 05:53 PM
I'm starting to hear talk about the Saints using the #2 pick on A.J. Hawk. Dear God I hope not...else everyone in my

Do you think that Hawk will be a Ray Lewis, Junior Seau, Brian Urlacher type player?

I think Mario Williams, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush have more star potential.

Charles Woodson
04-21-2006, 05:57 PM
I'm starting to hear talk about the Saints using the #2 pick on A.J. Hawk. Dear God I hope not...else everyone in my

Do you think that Hawk will be a Ray Lewis, Junior Seau, Brian Urlacher type player?

I think Mario Williams, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Reggie Bush have more star potential.

Main word. See with hawk, ur 99.9and9/10 garennted a kick butt player, but with the others, u dont noe how they will come out.

CyclonePackFan
04-21-2006, 06:08 PM

Main word. See with hawk, ur 99.9and9/10 garennted a kick butt player, but with the others, u dont noe how they will come out.

More or less the same thought process here. I think that Hawk could develop into a pro-bowl calibur LB within a year or two, given the right coaching and circumstances. He is, however, the safest defensive player in the top 5. Honestly, how many people even heard of Mario Williams before he tore up the combine? I like the player from the big-time program who has proven himself capable against some of the best competition the NCAA has to offer over the workout wonder from the second-tier progam in a weak conference who racked up his numbers playing sub-.500 teams. Could Williams be the next Javon Kearse? Sure. He also could be the next Tony Mandarich, and after seeing us take gambles on players in the first round the past few years, I want something a little more certain.

Bretsky
04-21-2006, 06:30 PM

YES to Urlacher

Partial
04-21-2006, 06:55 PM
a better analogy would have been courtney brown. Mandarich was OL.

I'd say at the very least with mario you get a solid player against the run because of his size.

Hawk is good enough that you also pretty much get a guaranteed solid player since he is smart and fast.

CyclonePackFan
04-21-2006, 07:13 PM
a better analogy would have been courtney brown. Mandarich was OL.

I'd say at the very least with mario you get a solid player against the run because of his size.

Hawk is good enough that you also pretty much get a guaranteed solid player since he is smart and fast.

I was in a rush and didn't have the time to look up a good DE bust. Good refrence. I mainly went with Mandarich because of the "workout wonder" label, and because that name brings shivers to just about every Packer fan.

Guiness
04-21-2006, 07:26 PM
I was in a rush and didn't have the time to look up a good DE bust.

See Reynolds, Jamal

Actually that high a draft position has to get you thinking of Andre Wadsworth.

CyclonePackFan
04-21-2006, 11:42 PM
I was in a rush and didn't have the time to look up a good DE bust.

See Reynolds, Jamal

Actually that high a draft position has to get you thinking of Andre Wadsworth.

Reynolds did cross my mind, but I never really thought of him as first-round material. He was also very undersized and from Florida State, and as we all should know, Florida St. + O or D Line = Bust