PDA

View Full Version : How many hours do you spend on the computer each day?

justanotherpackfan
10-21-2006, 05:45 PM
???

K-town
10-21-2006, 06:05 PM
The five plus hours a day includes 6 to 8 at work. :eyes:

BallHawk
10-21-2006, 06:10 PM
3-4. And I'd say a good half of those hours are PackerRat related. :glug:

Partial
10-21-2006, 06:22 PM
5+. I am either sitting at my computer desk doing my homework, writing programs, reading for classes (pdf is replacing the book at platteville it seems), or surfing the net.

Fosco33
10-21-2006, 06:47 PM
At work, 10-12 easy. For personal, maybe an hour or two depending on the day.

justanotherpackfan
10-21-2006, 06:57 PM
I'm on probably 3-4 hours a day and I find it mind numbing yet I still sit here. :sad: It's one of my goals to not go on so much. There are better things to do but today I didn't have many outdoor options as it rained. ALL day. I'm fine when it comes to video games. I usually play video games once a week or sometimes once every 2 weeks yet I can't seem to get away from my computer. When I'm bored this is where I go.

Jimx29
10-21-2006, 07:47 PM
It's seasonal for me. During the summertime it's either side of an hour most days, but like now when things outside are getting less and less and I get layed off for the winter, it'll climb up to 6-7+ a day very easily

ahaha
10-21-2006, 10:13 PM
It all depends on how many times I need to play with myself during the day. :bs:

superfan
10-21-2006, 11:27 PM

I'm right there with you, Fosco. Same story for me.

Fosco33
10-21-2006, 11:51 PM

Yeah, I'll have to see how much I'm at the laptop at my new project - a lot of my days are spent in meetings/etc. I did a lot more work on the PC when I was a senior/new associate. I do more management now but still am tied to the thing pretty much all day :roll:

Imagine if we didn't have computers - especially PCs. It'd be a very dif't world.

MadtownPacker
10-22-2006, 11:04 AM
I hardly spend any time on the PC. :eyes:

Partial
10-22-2006, 03:07 PM

Yeah, I'll have to see how much I'm at the laptop at my new project - a lot of my days are spent in meetings/etc. I did a lot more work on the PC when I was a senior/new associate. I do more management now but still am tied to the thing pretty much all day :roll:

Imagine if we didn't have computers - especially PCs. It'd be a very dif't world.

A lot less trees.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-22-2006, 03:26 PM

A lot less trees.

Actually, it is the opposite. Paper consumption has gone up because of computers.

Partial
10-22-2006, 03:30 PM

A lot less trees.

Actually, it is the opposite. Paper consumption has gone up because of computers.

Printing more? Why is that? You'd think they'd do a lot more electric records.

digitaldean
10-23-2006, 06:44 AM
I work a full time job for a prepress company on a Power Mac G5 using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, et.c

Have a side freelance web business that I do also. Plus surfing at PackerRats, I am pretty much shackled to the sucker!

CaptainKickass
10-23-2006, 12:51 PM
8+ hrs a day at work, M-Fri. 2-6hrs a day at home working on my recording projects and general web surfing you can't do at work (wink, wink - nudge-nudge)

All that and I actually maintain a social life - I'm betting that I am certainly not the norm in this regard.

:crazy:

Partial
10-23-2006, 01:54 PM
8+ hrs a day at work, M-Fri. 2-6hrs a day at home working on my recording projects and general web surfing you can't do at work (wink, wink - nudge-nudge)

All that and I actually maintain a social life - I'm betting that I am certainly not the norm in this regard.

:crazy:

I dunno, I bet a lot of peeps are on the computer that much now a days. It's pretty much the #1 source of entertainment. I am on constantly than on weekends I go out and have a great time! Hurray for social lives!! :D

pacfan
10-23-2006, 02:17 PM

ditto.

Another question would be how much time spent on e-mail?