PDA

View Full Version : Two potential packers in a good game tonight

Partial
10-21-2006, 07:06 PM
Calvin Johnson and Gaines Adams. Should be a good game. Check espn.

Partial
10-21-2006, 07:10 PM
Calvin Johnson lit a guy up out of the backfield. Took a nasty hit and kept on running!

Patler
10-21-2006, 07:17 PM
How about future Packer Brady Quinn engineering a winning 80 yard touchdown drive against UCLA with about 1:20 on the clock and no time outs left? He had been sacked 5 times and knocked down something like 11 other times. He's a tough kid with a very strong arm.

Brando19
10-21-2006, 07:23 PM
Calvin Johnson is the best player in college football.

gbpackfan
10-21-2006, 07:30 PM
I would be thrilled to get any one of these players. (In NO order)

Gaines Adams
Q. Moses
Teddy Ginn Jr.
Calvin Johnson
M. Lynch
Adrian Peterson

I would be happy with any of these players

Joe Thomas
Dwayne Jarrett
Kenny Irons
A STUD CB

ahaha
10-21-2006, 09:33 PM
Boy, what a huge disappointment Calvin Johnson has been tonight.

FavreChild
10-21-2006, 09:44 PM
I'm not criticizing the college athletes or your appraisal of them...

...but this is what we've become, huh? Resting our hopes on *potential* draft picks?? I have a hard time accepting this perspective. :neutral:

Tony Oday
10-21-2006, 10:45 PM
I used to love the idea of Quinn but after watching him today I say no fricken way! he is a 3rd round talent because he cant win against a pass rush.

GREAT Undrafted free agent would be the kid from North dakota State. Watched him throw today and he has a cannon of an arm and the intelligence to throw it where only his WR can catch it.

Only Notre Dame Player I want is Zamardjia 6'5" and can run with hands are you fricken KIDDING me? He could be a guy that other teams have to draft CBs for.

Brando19
10-21-2006, 10:45 PM
What if for some stupid reason Green Bay does select Brady Quinn. Wouldn't that be weird for AJ Hawk? Brother in laws on the same team. At least AJ's wife wouldn't have to wear split jerseys anymore!

PackerPro42
10-22-2006, 08:00 AM
Calvin Johnson didn't do anything in the game last night.

Lurker64
10-22-2006, 09:52 AM
What if for some stupid reason Green Bay does select Brady Quinn. Wouldn't that be weird for AJ Hawk? Brother in laws on the same team. At least AJ's wife wouldn't have to wear split jerseys anymore!

She could just have a Packer jersey with Quawk or Hann on the back.

b bulldog
10-22-2006, 10:31 AM
Yeah well when your doubled all night and still get open only to have your QB never throw you the ball(as was stated numerous times on ESPN)what are you suppose to do? The slants were clearly open and Ball never threw him the rock!

BF4MVP
10-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Reggie Ball is terrible

ND72
10-22-2006, 12:34 PM

No...I think I could find 5 players better than Calvin Johnson. As teams start doubling Johnson like Clemson did last night, you'll see less and less of him...Teams double team Teddy Ginn Jr., and he still makes huge games.

The Leaper
10-22-2006, 01:19 PM
Troy Smith is better than Quinn. Smith has come light years in the last year as a QB. People will knock his size, but IMO he is the best QB far and away in college football this year. He makes great decisions, and has tremendous athletic ability.

And Ginn is RARELY straight double covered. The safety on his side certainly always has to keep an eye on him...and Ginn usually runs mostly deep routes that bring the safety into the play. The rest of the Buckeye WR corp is way too good to double cover Ginn straight up. GOnzalez is just as good as Ginn as far as being a WR.

Partial
10-22-2006, 01:31 PM

No...I think I could find 5 players better than Calvin Johnson. As teams start doubling Johnson like Clemson did last night, you'll see less and less of him...Teams double team Teddy Ginn Jr., and he still makes huge games.

Thats because he is a gazelle and outruns quadruple teams. I'd love to have him! He is Hester on crack!!

Joe Thomas is finally healthy again and looking good. He is in my humble opinion the most dominant player in college football now.

b bulldog
10-22-2006, 08:01 PM
Compare the talent on OsT AND gTech and Tech has basicly nobody else other than Johnson. O St has talent galore so even if you try to take Ginn out of the game, you can't ignore the rest of the players from State as you can from Tech. He was open last night but Ball never threw him the ball! Johnson is the best player in this draft!!! We won't have a shot at him.

HarveyWallbangers
10-22-2006, 09:40 PM
I haven't really watched Calvin Johnson enough to give a great evaluation. His highlights are certainly impressive, but I also see a lack of suddeness. From what little I've seen of him, I wouldn't classify him as a can't miss prospect. I need to watch him more though. People tend to be prone to hyperbole when talking about these prospects.

Zool
10-22-2006, 09:42 PM
Compare the talent on OsT AND gTech and Tech has basicly nobody else other than Johnson. O St has talent galore so even if you try to take Ginn out of the game, you can't ignore the rest of the players from State as you can from Tech. He was open last night but Ball never threw him the ball! Johnson is the best player in this draft!!! We won't have a shot at him.

Repeated for truth. Johnson is tripled a good portion of the time. Ginn isnt even the best reciever on OSU. He's the best athelete but Gonzalez is a really good reciver. Plus doesnt matter who you are, if Reggie Ball is your QB, youre in bad shape.

Partial
10-22-2006, 09:53 PM
I haven't really watched Calvin Johnson enough to give a great evaluation. His highlights are certainly impressive, but I also see a lack of suddeness. From what little I've seen of him, I wouldn't classify him as a can't miss prospect. I need to watch him more though. People tend to be prone to hyperbole when talking about these prospects.

Calvin has become overhyped. He was a non-factor against a good Clemson team.

The Leaper
10-22-2006, 09:54 PM
Johnson will be a phenominal NFL WR with a real QB throwing him the ball. He's the entire focus of the defense in college. He'll be licking his chops to be single covered in the NFL.

Partial
10-22-2006, 09:57 PM
Johnson will be a phenominal NFL WR with a real QB throwing him the ball. He's the entire focus of the defense in college. He'll be licking his chops to be single covered in the NFL.

Yes, but so was Vince Young and he still produced in his big games.

HarveyWallbangers
10-22-2006, 10:15 PM
I'm a Buckeye fan, and I agree that Ginn probably isn't going to be a superstar WR in the NFL--despite his speed. I suspect he'll be a damn good 2nd or 3rd receiver and return man. Maybe more Randle El or Galloway than Torry Holt. Johnson is a better prospect. I agree with those that praise Anthony Gonzalez. Much like Troy Smith, I've become sold on him in the last year. Gonzalez will probably end up being a midround pick who plays very well for some team as a 2nd or 3rd wideout. Smith is a little short, but I now think he has a good chance to start in the NFL.

PackerPro42
10-23-2006, 06:41 AM
AP has some amazing high light reels and I think that the Packers are still going to go after him.