PDA

View Full Version : Miami goes no-huddle vs Pack

mmmdk
10-22-2006, 10:58 AM
Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins are expected to use a no-huddle, two-minute-style offense Week 7, as the team hopes to establish a quicker tempo offensively.

Miami trying to burn the Green Bay secondary!? Not a bad idea - let's hope Harrington fails with ints. galore :pack:

chewy-bacca
10-22-2006, 11:00 AM
I thought that was gonna be our trick. :doh:

Murphy37
10-22-2006, 11:03 AM
Not a bad idea against a defense that has a weak secondary and also is very dependant upon making regular substitutions on the d-line to get pressure. Not to mention the LB's that are easily confused in pass coverage. Makes sense.

Rastak
10-22-2006, 11:05 AM
What's the latest on Woodson?

Murphy37
10-22-2006, 11:10 AM
The latest is that he's overrated. Oops did I say that? Somebody is a negative Nelly, Debbie Downer today. Time to take my medicine. One Bloody Mary, one beer chaiser...................Woodson's the greatest, he's having a probowl year. 12 and 4 baby!

mmmdk
10-22-2006, 11:13 AM
Wow, I'm in a quite a few fantasy leagues; in one league I thought I was facing Leftwich...now it's changed to JOEY HARRINGTON :shock:

That's good, right!? :?

ahaha
10-22-2006, 11:15 AM
One of the benefits of the no-huddle is that it keeps the defense from substituting. You would think the Dolphins wouldn't want that. If we're substituting, then there will probably be times when we line up with 10 or 12 guys.

MadtownPacker
10-22-2006, 11:23 AM
I have yet to see Dirtball Joe take his team down the field for the win in a 2 minute situation and Saban wants him to do it all game??

Good!!! I can't wait for this! :flm:

Murphy37
10-22-2006, 08:30 PM
The latest is that he's overrated. Oops did I say that? Somebody is a negative Nelly, Debbie Downer today. Time to take my medicine. One Bloody Mary, one beer chaiser...................Woodson's the greatest, he's having a probowl year. 12 and 4 baby!

The above quote is from myself, before the game. This was genius strategy on my part. See I knew that Woodson would be inspired to prove me wrong after reading this, thus having a break out performance as a Packer. Your welcome everyone, your welcome. This theory also works everytime I rip Geoff Jenkins during a Brewer game.

Iron Mike
10-22-2006, 08:54 PM

The above quote is from myself, before the game. This was genius strategy on my part. See I knew that Woodson would be inspired to prove me wrong after reading this, thus having a break out performance as a Packer. Your welcome everyone, your welcome. This theory also works everytime I rip Geoff Jenkins during a Brewer game.

Nice sig Murph!!

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/gimaripa/slideshow/farva.jpg

mmmdk
10-23-2006, 05:45 AM
Joey Harrington 33/62 414 yards 2tds 3ints. That's only a 53,2 completion rate, add 3 interceptions plus 6,68 yards per pass attempt which is a pretty good stat line. Still, 414 yards is too much.

Miami did go no-huddle and the defense did well enough to help get a win. All good. Now it's time to shut down opposing QBs - ANY NFL QB - to help boost confidence in secondary/defense as a whole. Packers D is getting better but there's certainly still room for improvement. Let's hope Fitzgerald is not ready for sunday or maybe we should!? Rise to the occasion, Packers.

run pMc
10-23-2006, 09:10 AM
I thought the no-huddle was a smart move in the heat...but only if your receivers can get open and CATCH the ball. No huddle runs the risk of putting your D out there awful quick. Joey didn't play a bad game, at least one INT wasn't his fault and if the WR/TE's caught the ball he'd have had about another 6 completions.

HarveyWallbangers
10-23-2006, 10:05 AM
He got nearly 150 passing yards on the last two drives after Green Bay had taken a 34-24 lead with 6 minutes left. Stats can be a misleading. The pass defense certainly wasn't stellar against an anemic passing offense, but the 414 yards are very misleading and they made enough plays to win the game.