PDA

View Full Version : Break out game for AJ?

red
10-22-2006, 03:51 PM
well, theres been people bitching on here about his lack of production so far in this, his rookie year

well, i'd say he went off today. he was everywhere, and had some big hits

i'd say this was his breakout game

Partial
10-22-2006, 03:55 PM
well, theres been people bitching on here about his lack of production so far in this, his rookie year

well, i'd say he went off today. he was everywhere, and had some big hits

i'd say this was his breakout game

He sure loves leading with his helmet to hit people. I like his intensity, but I do worry the forthcoming helmet to helmet penalty is going to cost us!

POLISHHAWK
10-22-2006, 03:56 PM
great game for AJ. 12 Tackles, 1 sack. Was also hitting big and pressuring Joey.

red
10-22-2006, 04:04 PM
i also remember them saying that they're going to keep him on the field from now on in the nickle

i think thats a great move

Fosco33
10-22-2006, 04:26 PM
9 solo, 3 assist, 12 total tackles; 4 yrd sack plus a deflection and a bigtime hit that helped offset his poor coverge (and the penalty).

He may replace GJ on the 'rookie 10 top' watch list after this week and leading the team like that.

POLISHHAWK
10-22-2006, 05:21 PM
Does anyone have stats from the rookie defenders this season? Is AJ up there in tackles? I believe he has 2-1/2 sacks now also. I love the way this kid plays whistle to whistle and sideline to sideline. Won't be long and we'll see some int's. Hits with some POP.

Willard
10-22-2006, 05:31 PM
He definitely has a mean streak. On the play where he chased down Lil Joey he didnt just tackle him -- he wound up his right arm and delivered a forearm smash to the side of Joey's helmet -- nasty. Later in the game one of the 'phins though AJ was going to help him off the turf. Instead, AJ just pushed him back down to the ground. He is intense, I'll give him that.

Fosco33
10-22-2006, 05:32 PM
Does anyone have stats from the rookie defenders this season? Is AJ up there in tackles? I believe he has 2-1/2 sacks now also. I love the way this kid plays whistle to whistle and sideline to sideline. Won't be long and we'll see some int's. Hits with some POP.

From nfl.com/rookies - probably through last week - so recall that Hawk is behind a game verses many of these guys...

Tackles No.
1. E. Sims DET 49
2. D. Ryans HOU 47
3. D. Whitner BUF 40
4. D. Bullocks DET 35
5. T. Howard OAK

Sacks No.
1. M. Anderson CHI 6.5
2. K. Wimbley CLE 3
3. T. Hali KC 2.5
4. C. Finnegan TEN 2
5. E. Dumervil DEN

Richard
Marshall Interceptions No.
1. R. Marshall CAR 2
2. K. Simpson BUF 1
3. D. Whitner BUF 1
4. D. Landry BAL 1
5. H. Ngata BAL 1

Here's to GJ not being hurt too bad:

Receptions No.
1. R. Bush NO 38
2. M. Colston NO 27
3. G. Jennings GB 20
4. J. Addai IND 13
5. M. Jones-Drew JAC

Receiving Yds
1. M. Colston NO 414
2. G. Jennings GB 364
3. R. Bush NO 285
4. H. Baskett PHI 172
5. S. Holmes PIT

Touchdowns No.
1. M. Jones-Drew JAC 4
2. M. Colston NO 4
3. L. Maroney NE 3
4. G. Jennings GB 3
5. J. Addai IND 2

Receiving TDs No.
1. M. Colston NO 4
2. G. Jennings GB 3
3. M. Jones-Drew JAC 2
4. O. Daniels HOU 2
5. J. Addai IND 1

Points Total
1. S. Gostkowski NE 28
2. M. Jones-Drew JAC 24
3. M. Colston NO 24
4. L. Maroney NE 18
5. G. Jennings GB 18

red
10-22-2006, 06:14 PM
He definitely has a mean streak. On the play where he chased down Lil Joey he didnt just tackle him -- he wound up his right arm and delivered a forearm smash to the side of Joey's helmet -- nasty. Later in the game one of the 'phins though AJ was going to help him off the turf. Instead, AJ just pushed him back down to the ground. He is intense, I'll give him that.

that was awesome

he wound up and gave him the good ole cross face. they said he was trying to knock the ball out. i thought it looked like he was trying to knock joeys head off

The Leaper
10-22-2006, 06:39 PM
I love Hawk.

He's never going to dominate, but he's going to be a very solid player for a long time. He's also going to become the leader on defense we haven't had since Butler had to retire.

bigcoz75
10-22-2006, 07:58 PM
My favorite Hawk moment was when they showed him late in the game and the G on his helmet was half torn off and the helmet was all scrapped up around it . It looked like a beat up reused college helmet instead of the usual pristine NFL helmet. :shock:

Brando19
10-22-2006, 08:03 PM
Anyone think Hawk will ever be "Urlacher" of the Packers?

b bulldog
10-22-2006, 08:29 PM
I like the way he finishes plays, lovee the tenacity of his tackling.

]{ilr]3
10-22-2006, 08:33 PM
Anyone think Hawk will ever be "Urlacher" of the Packers?

No, he will be Hawk of the Packers!

Thats for Bears fans and media trolls to do when the are constantly wanting Grossman to be the Favre of the Bears.

Zool
10-22-2006, 09:39 PM
he wound up and gave him the good ole cross face. they said he was trying to knock the ball out. i thought it looked like he was trying to knock joeys head off

I thought that same thing Red. He was no where near the ball on that swipe.
He was hitting hard, had good coverage most of the time even when he was lined up with Hagan the WR. He's a perfect fit for WLB and he's only going to get better and more assignment sure. His speed surprises me sometimes.

vince
10-22-2006, 09:58 PM
His speed surprises me sometimes.
Absolutely. Hawk is faster and more agile than I gave him credit for before the draft. He seemed kind of stiff in the hips (to me), but he doesn't anymore.

Football is SUCH a team game, and Hawk is a central figure in our D, but he'll receive greater accolades when the D as a whole becomes more stout.

The biggest thing holding the D back is a lack of ability to pressure the QB from the front 4.

If/when that starts to happen (next year), Hawk will get even more credit for his ability, as his "stock" will rise with the accomplishments of the D as a whole.

Packers4Ever
10-22-2006, 10:00 PM

I remember even before the Draft he was described as
being very intense and on the mean side. Fine, as long
as he doesn't incur any penalties. Or minimal, at least.

HarveyWallbangers
10-22-2006, 10:18 PM
He's progressing much like I thought he would. I think Urlacher is the best MLB in football. He's in his prime. Trying to compare Hawk to Urlacher would be like trying to compare a young QB to Favre in his prime or to Tom Brady or Peyton Manning now. It's just not fair. I feel pretty confident that A.J. Hawk will make a Pro Bowl some day.