PDA

View Full Version : ***Official Packers/Cardinals Game Thread***

Pages : [1] 2 3

justanotherpackfan
10-22-2006, 04:05 PM
It worked this week, hopefully next week I can win another one for us. Here's to 3-4. :cow:

Fosco33
10-22-2006, 04:05 PM
Cheers :cool: :mrgreen:

Partial
10-22-2006, 04:11 PM
It worked this week, hopefully next week I can win another one for us. Here's to 3-4. :cow:

'ATTA BOY JAPF

Willard
10-22-2006, 06:23 PM
"The Packers are who we thought they were....the Packers are who we thought they were....thats why we came to Lambeau! That and the Bratwurst!!!!!

- Denny Green, 10/29/06

Fosco33
10-22-2006, 06:30 PM
I have a good feeling about next Sunday.

AZ hasn't won a game on the road since November '05. With the Rowen being replaced, the offensive weapons of Bouldin, James and Leinert have looked out of sync.

In losing to Oakland today, they've dropped 6 straight.

It's prime picking for a W. We may actually be favored for once :wink:

Then we face the Bills - who looked inept vs. a solid Patriot team.

4-4 or bust

Tony Oday
10-22-2006, 06:43 PM
Well since we are going for things that worked this week here we go...

Cards 38 Pack 13 Favre throws 3 picks and fumbles on for 6.

James runs all over us for 125 and a touch

Boldin catches 100 yards and 2 TDs.

The Leaper
10-22-2006, 06:44 PM
The Cardinals looked HORRIBLE today.

The problem we are going to have with them is their big, physical WRs. We are going to have to put a lot of pressure on Leinart. Their running game hasn't done much all year.

Is it too late to start hoping for a snow storm? Has Leinart ever played in snow?

Partial
10-22-2006, 06:58 PM
I would say we're pretty much a lock to beat Arizon.

For starters, its a home game. It would be rather bizzare to drop this game as it gets colder and colder in Green Bay.

Secondly, Arizona has good receivers but their line is terrible and they have ZERO running game. Our front 7 is the strength of our team and they will have no problem stopping the run and getting at Mr. Leinart.

Packers 27, Cardinals 17

GBRulz
10-22-2006, 07:01 PM
a bit OT, but there seems to be a few rats going to the AZ game next weekend. That I know of.... Harv, Superfan, Bretsky, myself.... we're planning on meeting up, hopefully a few more of you can join us.

FavreChild
10-22-2006, 07:09 PM
Well, we haven't won a home game yet. Please bring home a winner, GBR!

AZ will probably throw 60+ times, just like Miami. Boldin won't drop as many balls as Miami's WRs, though. Thankfully, Buffalo's passing game sucks (no offense to Lee Evans), looking ahead to Nov. 5.

GBRulz
10-22-2006, 07:19 PM
If all goes well next weekend....it will be 75 degrees and sunny. Sorry, am not ready for winter yet AND we'll bring home the first home win of the year!

GBRulz
10-22-2006, 07:20 PM
ok long range forecast for next weekend. Snow and highs in the upper 30's.

I live here WHY? :?:

Partial
10-22-2006, 07:27 PM
ok long range forecast for next weekend. Snow and highs in the upper 30's.

I live here WHY? :?:

The PACKERS!!!

Lurker64
10-22-2006, 07:38 PM
I wonder who Denny thinks we are. With any luck, he still thinks we're one of the monster Packer teams of the early 90's. With more luck, we can be who he thinks we are.

DannoMac21
10-22-2006, 08:01 PM
I'll admit, Arizona is pretty much my second favorite team, but the Pack will come out with this one.

We gotta hope that Fitzgerald is still out. Boldin is a monster, and James is completely overrated.

ND72
10-22-2006, 08:03 PM
I think today AZ might have had Chicago hang over...but if you let them hang around, they could be dangerous next week. GB has to get on them fast, and furious. Score quick and make them doubt the chance.

b bulldog
10-22-2006, 08:12 PM
Denny may be the first coach fired this season

ND72
10-22-2006, 08:21 PM
I think that's a very good chance...who ever takes over could have a very nice team to run into though...Leinart, James, Boldin, Fitzgerald...young defense...just need to find an OL.

b bulldog
10-22-2006, 08:23 PM
If they do tank, I would pick Thomas or Levi Brown with their number one.

]{ilr]3
10-22-2006, 08:24 PM

I am assuming that is why he tried to get rid of his OC since he would probably be the person to replace him if they did shit can him mid-season

b bulldog
10-22-2006, 08:26 PM
I place the bear loss on his shoulders

HarveyWallbangers
10-22-2006, 09:52 PM
Any other Rats live in or near Green Bay or going to the Arizona game?

GBRulz
10-22-2006, 10:43 PM
Harvey, we have two more joining our tailgate party next weekend. We might end up tailgating at the Sideline Sports Bar after all. I'll keep you guys posted.

mmmdk
10-23-2006, 06:10 AM
Well, we haven't won a home game yet. Please bring home a winner, GBR!

AZ will probably throw 60+ times, just like Miami. Boldin won't drop as many balls as Miami's WRs, though. Thankfully, Buffalo's passing game sucks (no offense to Lee Evans), looking ahead to Nov. 5.

Gotta win this one; Packers can't go 0-4 at Lambeau. No sir :whaa:

GBRulz
10-25-2006, 09:17 AM
game thread down to page 3 already.....needs a bump.

Why don't you guys start these a little earlier :twisted: :lol:

pittstang5
10-25-2006, 10:13 AM
McCarthy preached all off season about home field advantage and reviving the Lambeau mystique. This is the week that the Packers must win. They need to keep the Cardinal "O" off the field - their WRs can be scary, even if Fitz isn't playing (Johnson's no slouch, however I heard their is a small chance Fitz could play). However, when the Cardinal "O" is on the field, they have one glaring weakness we all know about. Their O-line. I am expecting KGB to finally have a 2 -3 sack day and welcome Mr. Leinert to the Green Bay turf. Kampman is at least good enough for 2. I would even venture that a DT or two should have at least 1 sack. Throw Hawk and Poppinga in the mix, along with Woodson.....Leinert should be on his back most of the day.

Tarlam!
10-25-2006, 10:44 AM
A.J Hawk welcomes Leinert to Green Bay by terrorizing him up and down the field.

That's the battle I want to "see"....

GBRulz
10-25-2006, 11:03 AM
I will be shouting for us !!!!!

the more the beerman comes around, the louder I will get!

Partial
10-25-2006, 12:02 PM
I have a hunch this game is going to be a bigger challenge than any of us would imagine. We've seen the cardinals at their best and worst, and coming off to embarrassing losses they're going to be desperate and ready to show the world that they're not that team.

ahaha
10-25-2006, 12:20 PM
The Packers are due to win at home. A.J. Hawk is starting to break out, and I predict he'll have a monster game in front of the home crowd.(12 tackles, 1 int, 1 FF, and 2 sacks). Leinert will throw for some decent yards, but James will be shut down. Multiple breakdowns in protection will lead to drive-stalling sacks as well as turnovers. Leinert and Denny Green will have a good cry session in front of reporters at the end. Green then gets fired, just in time for their bye week.

Packers 31
Cardinals 13

swede
10-25-2006, 12:21 PM
Agreed, Partial.

But the way to get by that is to beat them soundly in the first quarter. The air will go out of them like the autopilot in Airplane and they'll fold themselves up for the long flight home.

mmmdk
10-25-2006, 12:26 PM
I have a hunch this game is going to be a bigger challenge than any of us would imagine. We've seen the cardinals at their best and worst, and coming off to embarrassing losses they're going to be desperate and ready to show the world that they're not that team.

Partial, you're spot on. That cardinals secondary is awesome with Rolle & Wilson - Cards defense seems to create turnovers galore each week. Plus Leinart is no ordinary rookie, he's way better than Joey already and Joey racked up huge numbers vs Pack. Luckily, Joey is not a very smart QB but Leinart is. Beware!!! :shock: But hey, as I said ealier, Packers must not go 0-4 at Lambeau - I would be devastated if we lose sunday. So Packers win :mrgreen:

Partial
10-25-2006, 12:30 PM

Partial, you're spot on. That cardinals secondary is awesome with Rolle & Wilson - Cards defense seems to create turnovers galore each week. Plus Leinart is no ordinary rookie, he's way better than Joey already and Joey racked up huge numbers vs Pack. Luckily, Joey is not a very smart QB but Leinart is. Beware!!! :shock: But hey, as I said ealier, Packers must not go 0-4 at Lambeau - I would be devastated if we lose sunday. So Packers win :mrgreen:

I think Joey's stats were a mirage. He threw 62 times. If you don't get 400 yards, thats pretty bad. I suspect that they will give up about 200 yards passing but not much more since Edge is beginning to complain about his lack of yardage.

Partial
10-25-2006, 12:32 PM
The Packers are due to win at home. A.J. Hawk is starting to break out, and I predict he'll have a monster game in front of the home crowd.(12 tackles, 1 int, 1 FF, and 2 sacks).

I would LOVE it if that happened. He'd be the player of the week in MMQB and everyone league wide would start to get "merriman boner syndrome" towards Hawk like they did last year around this time.

mmmdk
10-25-2006, 01:01 PM

I think Joey's stats were a mirage. He threw 62 times. If you don't get 400 yards, thats pretty bad. I suspect that they will give up about 200 yards passing but not much more since Edge is beginning to complain about his lack of yardage.

True about Joey; as I said he's not a smart QB - a smart QB would've killed the Packers D. Enter Matt Leinart?? I do believe the Packers D will start playing better - they already do. I strongly belive Packers will and must preveil on sunday...say a 27-17 win. Yup, I hope Packers D will FINALLY keep an opponant under 20 points - a thing they haven't achieved so far this season.

pittstang5
10-25-2006, 01:28 PM
Interesting stat - Arizona has forced 20 turnovers this year, highest in the league. However, they have turned it over 16 times: +4 Difference

Brett and company better be on their toes when playing the Cardinal Defense. No more throwing late across the middle!

Chubbyhubby
10-25-2006, 02:02 PM

I'd like to change that prediction: Mike McCarthy will be the first coach fired this season.

What do other's think of that? I'd like to hear your opinions.

MJZiggy
10-25-2006, 02:14 PM
Sorry, Chubby, I'm with Bulldog on this one. From what I've read, Denny was lucky to make it through the week. McCarthy is leading his team in the right direction and like Brett said, "he's saying all the right things and he's doing all the right things." He has an extremely young team, high standards and a long leash this season to get things done. If he can't get things going NEXT season, that might be a different story.

Partial
10-25-2006, 02:17 PM

I'd like to change that prediction: Mike McCarthy will be the first coach fired this season.

What do other's think of that? I'd like to hear your opinions.

I don't think much of it at all because it won't happen. Even though his preseason analysis hasn't proved spot on, there is a definite improvement and it looks this this team will go 7-9 and be a team fighting until the end. Realistically, this should be one of the WORST offenses in the league. It's playing about average, which is HUGE considerin how young and inexperienced it is. Come december when the running game becomes that much more important, watch out.

Chubbyhubby
10-25-2006, 02:21 PM
Sorry, Chubby, I'm with Bulldog on this one. From what I've read, Denny was lucky to make it through the week. McCarthy is leading his team in the right direction and like Brett said, "he's saying all the right things and he's doing all the right things." He has an extremely young team, high standards and a long leash this season to get things done. If he can't get things going NEXT season, that might be a different story.

I will concede that. Granted this is a young team and especially with a 3 starting offensive linemen who are rookies we are expected to struggle. Maybe its not MM fault, though I hope they get thier act together soon. Next year will determine MM's fate. If the team doesn't improve then head will roll from the top down. IMO.

Chubbyhubby
10-25-2006, 02:34 PM
I question Why Brett Favre came back to play for the Packers in 2006? He has said several times that he wants to win championships and wants to win. The Packers have said that Brett Favre is the QB for the Packers to "Best Chance to Win" Yet after 7 games of play in the 2006 season we are 2-5. Several times this year the blame was squarley on Brett Favre shoulders and he lost the game because of HIM. Some people give Brett Favre "God" status when they talk about him. I for one have trouble with that assessment. He is a great QB who will be in the HOF one day no doubt.

Clearly 2 things have been known for the Packers this year. One, They are not going to the playoffs this year. and Two, They are rebuilding.

Face it BF supporters as all of you hope and pray that Brett Favre will come back next year and lead this team to the playoffs I say is this: Be realistic look at this team as a whole this team is rebuilding and its time for #4 to hang up his cleates and mow is farm.

Let the Bashing begin!

MJZiggy
10-25-2006, 02:42 PM
Uhhh...we're 2-4. Brett's not going anywhere 'til he decides to or someone takes his job. So far, neither has happened.

HarveyWallbangers
10-25-2006, 02:55 PM
Chubby = talking out of both sides of mouth.

One post you state:

Maybe its not MM fault, though I hope they get thier act together soon. Next year will determine MM's fate. If the team doesn't improve then head will roll from the top down.

The next post you state:

Face it BF supporters as all of you hope and pray that Brett Favre will come back next year and lead this team to the playoffs I say is this: Be realistic look at this team as a whole this team is rebuilding

Partial
10-25-2006, 02:56 PM
I question Why Brett Favre came back to play for the Packers in 2006? He has said several times that he wants to win championships and wants to win. The Packers have said that Brett Favre is the QB for the Packers to "Best Chance to Win" Yet after 7 games of play in the 2006 season we are 2-5. Several times this year the blame was squarley on Brett Favre shoulders and he lost the game because of HIM. Some people give Brett Favre "God" status when they talk about him. I for one have trouble with that assessment. He is a great QB who will be in the HOF one day no doubt.

Clearly 2 things have been known for the Packers this year. One, They are not going to the playoffs this year. and Two, They are rebuilding.

Face it BF supporters as all of you hope and pray that Brett Favre will come back next year and lead this team to the playoffs I say is this: Be realistic look at this team as a whole this team is rebuilding and its time for #4 to hang up his cleates and mow is farm.

Let the Bashing begin!

4 losses came against the following rated teams in SI's power rankings

In my opinion, 13 is a little high for the Rams, and 16 is WAY TOO LOW for the 2nd best team in the NFC behind Seattle.

We hung in there with #5 and #13, and were blown out by #1 and #16.

pittstang5
10-25-2006, 03:19 PM

Let the Bashing begin!

Chubbs - I'm not going to bash you, but I do not agree with some of your points. However, I do agree that this team is in a style of rebuilding whether TT or MM want to admit to it. The moves are obvious - letting older players walk, bringing in younger talent - the most convincing was the upgrade or at least attempt at upgrading the defense. But one thing I just don't understand is why you feel Favre should not be here. If Rodgers were ready to go and showed to be the better QB than Favre, I have no reason to believe that MM would have him in there. Rodger's now has another year just to sit back and learn the "O".....what's it hurting. What is it about Favre that you don't like playing this year or next. Let me understand.

On another note, I find it hard to place any loss this year squarely on Favres shoulders. Maybe you see it diffrently, but this is what I see.

Bears - the team as a whole lost this game. Defense was piss poor, no running game and Brett had no protection. Yes, he did through two ints, but did they hurt the Pack - No, the Pack was already losing and had no chance of winning.

Saints - I contribute Ahman Green's Fumble to this loss. That took the momentum right out of the Pack.

Eagles - Poor Defense play in 2nd half. One of the problems was let go.

Rams - Well, maybe you have one here with the Favre fumble at the very end, but some will say that was Moll's or Tauscher's fault. Either way, Favre almost won us this game.

BEARMAN
10-25-2006, 08:00 PM
IF you do not beat the redbirds I will come in here and spew cocka out my pie hole all week ! :shock:
The redbirds are pethetic ! ANY collage team could beat them ! Now I am NOT rooting for the pack, no, no, no, never ever happen, nope, ... but this one is in the bag... right ?

GO BEARS ! 6 an 0 BABY ! :mrgreen:

ahaha
10-25-2006, 08:36 PM
IF you do not beat the redbirds I will come in here and spew cocka out my pie hole all week ! :shock:
The redbirds are pethetic ! ANY collage team could beat them ! Now I am NOT rooting for the pack, no, no, no, never ever happen, nope, ... but this one is in the bag... right ?

GO BEARS ! 6 an 0 BABY ! :mrgreen:

A pathetic team that should have beaten the Bears.

MadtownPacker
10-25-2006, 08:37 PM
IF you do not beat the redbirds I will come in here and spew cocka out my pie hole all week !
Sorry bearman, but that's what youre NOT gonna do. If Lord Favre wants to then he can because he stayed on here the whole game while the bear where getting thrashed by those same redbirds. You decided to hide in your cave until the bears came back and won. Now you get to stay in your cave until you hang tough like your bear homie.

BEARMAN
10-25-2006, 10:14 PM
Dude, TV is in living room, PC is in basement, can not be in two places at once. I am good, but not that good. Truth be told, I didn't think to come online, I was too ascared my BEARS were gonna lose and didn't want to miss any of it. :shock: But, DA BEARS defence pulled it out once again ! DA BEARS are 6 an 0 ! :mrgreen: I am trying to give you cheese eaters props, dang... :roll:

GO BEARS !

vince
10-26-2006, 09:36 AM
IF you do not beat the redbirds I will come in here and spew cocka out my pie hole all week !
And how, exactly, would that be different than any other week?

Zool
10-26-2006, 09:50 AM
And how, exactly, would that be different than any other week?I think you mean caca. Well being a Bears fan you might actually mean cock(a).

mngolf19
10-26-2006, 12:43 PM
And how, exactly, would that be different than any other week?I think you mean caca. Well being a Bears fan you might actually mean cock(a).

:lol:

MJZiggy
10-28-2006, 09:49 AM
Ok, folks time for pregame predictions. I predict that it will be a tight game with a narrow victory for the Pack, UNLESS we get the quick-strike first touchdown. If that happens, and we can hold them off on their first drive, it could get crazy.

GBRulz
10-28-2006, 11:16 AM
Packers 38
Cards 24

Rastak
10-28-2006, 11:39 AM
GB 31
AZ 28

Badgepack
10-28-2006, 11:55 AM
GB 24
AZ 17

BF4MVP
10-28-2006, 01:08 PM
24-10 pack

esoxx
10-28-2006, 01:22 PM
Given the state of the WR corps, I see the Pack keeping it on the ground and taking shots off play action.

Packers - 20
Cardinals - 17

Fritz
10-28-2006, 01:37 PM

My thinking exactly. But whatever it is that will be coming out of his pie hole it's interesting that Bearman admits he had either one in his mouth in the first place.

I'm surprised more of you aren't mentioning the Cards' turnover ratio. They generate a whole, whole lot of turnovers on their defense. This would seem to be the key to what will be a close game.

vince
10-28-2006, 05:12 PM
24-10 pack
:bow:
That's my prediction too. While I do think the Cards could be dangerous, I think the Packers are going to run the ball down their throats. Big breakout game for the rushing attack. If Ahman and Vernand hang onto it all day, there'll be no stopping them.

On the other side of the ball, watching Leinart will be like watching Brett Favre Jr. He'll be three-step dropping and dinking and dunking, but I think we match up well with them. They can't run the ball, and I think speed hurts us more than size on the outside.

And I hope we stay healthy. This team is getting better and better, but more injuries could upset that. :pack:

mmmdk
10-28-2006, 11:48 PM
I've predicted a Packer win all week and I still say Packers 27 Cards 17. I've just finished watching the Pack vs Dolphins game for the second time and even though the Packers won, I don't feel like Packers are a team that scares opponents...yet. Miami did must of the damage to themselves but Packers were the best team last sunday. If I was Denny Green then I'd take the notion from the Miami game that you can kill the Packers defense with check downs to the RBs and get the TE involved too, something the Cards haven't done this season. The talent on Cardinals defense is pretty scary, they can win games, only, they have to figure out how to finish games e.g. vs Bears (that was mostly the offense choking though). I still have Brett Favre's words from the last Post Game Press Conference in mind; that the Packers have a long ways to go which also convinced me that Favre is really digging into this team and season regardless of the outcome - something he struggled mightily with last season. I have no great explanation for the outcome on sunday other than it's just about time Packers win at Lambeau, it's just time.

packrulz
10-29-2006, 05:06 AM
I'm not looking past the Cards at all, as they proved against the Bears, their D is pretty good. Jennings might not play, Driver will be double covered all day, so if they pressure Brett to throw into coverage it could be disasterous. M3 needs to get the TE's more involved in the passing game. I've bashed David Martin in the past but I feel he's improved as a receiver this year and has stayed healthy for a change. I feel it will be a close game but as long as Brett doesn't throw it up for grabs the Pack should win. Leinart fixates on his receivers so I hope the defense can pick off some of his passes. Pack 20- Cards 17. I'm thinking the Pack can get to 4-4 by the time they play the viqueens, as long as they don't turn the ball over.

Tarlam!
10-29-2006, 05:19 AM
The Cards will either be playing for Green or they won't be. They know, a loss to the "lowly" Packers means the end for their HC.

After the Chicago game and his blowing up on national TV, the team might implode purposely....

Tough one to call. :?:

Oscar
10-29-2006, 05:41 AM
I'm thinking the Pack open things up today. The Defence comes to life and shuts there pasing game down. The ofense runs wild. And the special teams finanlly get a kick return for a score. A guy can dream... right. Must be the time change.. :mrgreen:

Pack48

Birds 16

Guiness
10-29-2006, 07:28 AM
I'm here! Game day, let's get rolling,

Local TV is showing the Philly game :sad:
So it's radio and you guys for me!

BallHawk
10-29-2006, 08:02 AM
This could be a trap game. The Cardinals are a bad team, but they have shown flashes of good football (Bears Game.) This is just the team the Packers could be torched all day by. A Young QB who has talent, A Veteran RB, And a Very Talented WR. Luckily, Fitzgerald is out. However, the Cardinals O-Line is horrible, Leinart is a rookie and prone to mistakes, and the defense is bad. It very well could be a blowout in the Packers favor, but I see it being closer than expected.

Cardinals 20
Packers 31

GBRulz
10-29-2006, 08:03 AM
GOOD MORNING !!!!!!!

I went out with harv & superfan last night....had an absolute blast!! They are on their way over now and then we're off !!!!

GO PACK GO !!!!!

Rastak
10-29-2006, 08:18 AM
GOOD MORNING !!!!!!!

I went out with harv & superfan last night....had an absolute blast!! They are on their way over now and then we're off !!!!

GO PACK GO !!!!!

Yea, they are good people.....

chewy-bacca
10-29-2006, 08:20 AM
Cant wait to see what Cards team shows up. Will it be the Bear killers from a few weeks ago(hope not) or will it be the lay down Cards from the other weeks (hope so!)

I look forward to a Classic Denny Green podium melt down :cool:

Fritz
10-29-2006, 08:22 AM
This is a scary game. If the Cards come out firing the Pack will be caught off guard and it'll take a whole game to get back into it. I think there will be a fired up Card teaming coming out today.

mmmdk
10-29-2006, 08:34 AM
Latest weather from Green Bay:

Forecast for 12:00 PM | 50°Partly Cloudy | Wind: WNW 16 mph | Humidity: 23% | Dew Point: 24 | Probability of Precipitation: 2%

It's gonna be windy, so the windchill could be a factor.

GrnBay007
10-29-2006, 09:41 AM
Local TV is showing the Philly game :sad:
So it's radio and you guys for me!

Same here Guiness :sad:

Packers 27

Cards 17

Willard
10-29-2006, 10:58 AM
Pack 30 (TDs for R. Martin, Green, Al Harris)
Cards 24

Guiness
10-29-2006, 11:18 AM
Pack 30 (TDs for R. Martin, Green, Al Harris)
Cards 24

TD for Martin, eh? That would be neat. I could see Morency getting one.

I like your score though - likely, IMO. I think the Cards will be able to score, so I see them getting over 20 pts. I know Fitz is out, but there's no flies on Boldin, and our secondary hasn't shown much ability to stop anyone. It would be interesting to see the Pack use Collins to provide over the top coverage to help Woodson or Harris and see if they could shut him down. They should be able to do that because the Redbirds shouldn't be able to run the ball.

Only way I see the score remaining low is if the running game gets moving, and the Pack eats up the clock on the ground.

Tarlam!
10-29-2006, 11:23 AM
So.... :shock: ....HOW LONG TO THE KICK OFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!??????""""""!!!!!!!!

No, I don't care...I was just wondering....

Willard
10-29-2006, 11:30 AM
I imagine Al Harris will be on Boldin most the day (which is why I think he may get a chance for a pick6). They better help him out with a safety because Boldin is a beast. BTW, I think we did a good job shutting down Chambers last week (of course, Joey hooked up with everybody else for 414 yds so it is hardly a momentous achievement!).

This just in : Jennings officially out. Driver will line up in Jennings spot; Martin will line up in Driver's spot. Will Henderson is active for the home game. I like it! He deserves a few more rousing ovations in GB. I hope he lowers the boom on some unsuspecting Card ST player!!

Tarlam!
10-29-2006, 11:33 AM
Funny. I am listening to Cardinals Radio. Thy are Shit scared of A.J., Nick Barnett AND Collins....

I'm havin' a GOOD time....

Rastak
10-29-2006, 11:34 AM
I imagine Al Harris will be on Boldin most the day (which is why I think he may get a chance for a pick6). They better help him out with a safety because Boldin is a beast. BTW, I think we did a good job shutting down Chambers last week (of course, Joey hooked up with everybody else for 414 yds so it is hardly a momentous achievement!).

This just in : Jennings officially out. Driver will line up in Jennings spot; Martin will line up in Driver's spot. Will Henderson is active for the home game. I like it! He deserves a few more rousing ovations in GB. I hope he lowers the boom on some unsuspecting Card ST player!!

Yea, he's all class. I had really hoped he's take the Vikings offer he's a loyal guy. I bet he could still contribute, I really don't think he's washed up, I bet he was more hurt than he perhaps indicated to the trainers.

Rastak
10-29-2006, 11:35 AM
Funny. I am listening to Cardinals Radio. Thy are Shit scared of A.J., Nick Barnett AND Collins....

I'm havin' a GOOD time....

Really, Collins has been torched a few times this year. AJ is starting to look pretty good.

MJZiggy
10-29-2006, 11:35 AM
They should be...they should be scared of Favre as well I would think.

Tarlam!
10-29-2006, 11:39 AM
The radio says, they're gonna run. They have a young QB and they don't want him hit. So the coaches.

Coupla players (maybe ex-players) wanna pass pass pass. Saying Al aint what he used to be....

Rastak
10-29-2006, 11:43 AM
The radio says, they're gonna run. They have a young QB and they don't want him hit. So the coaches.

Coupla players (maybe ex-players) wanna pass pass pass. Saying Al aint what he used to be....

It'll be interesting to see how the reshuffled OL of the Cardinals will look.
If they look like I think they will Green Bay should be able to handle Arizona pretty easily. If the OL plays well it could be somewhat close.

Willard
10-29-2006, 11:44 AM
They should be...they should be scared of Favre as well I would think.

If the GB OL can keep the Cards' talented DL off of Favre I think Brett will shred the Cards' defensive backs. Brett will throw at least 2 TDs. I predicted 3 field goals because the Pack's redzone O has been lacking. If they can figure out how to finish drives Favre will have a BIG day.

ahaha
10-29-2006, 11:48 AM

It'll be interesting to see how the reshuffled OL of the Cardinals will look.
If they look like I think they will Green Bay should be able to handle Arizona pretty easily. If the OL plays well it could be somewhat close.

Didn't they move three guys around? Maybe that will work for them, but I doubt it. Plus, they're still starting Leonard Davis. :mrgreen:

Guiness
10-29-2006, 11:49 AM
Tarlam - is that an internet broadcast you're listening to? Chuck me the link if so.

J-Rok
Looks like Gamecenter once again for me. I can't the packer network on the radio, so I'm going to check around the internet once more. I know some other site does fan play-by-play, so that might be where I'm heading.

Go pack.

Tarlam!
660 seconds and counting...

Tarlam!
10-29-2006, 11:50 AM
Tarlam - is that an internet broadcast you're listening to? Chuck me the link if so.

I have to pay 12 bucks a month....

Rastak
10-29-2006, 12:03 PM

I have to pay 12 bucks a month....

Probably worth it I would guess.....

Brando19
10-29-2006, 12:04 PM
Who won the toss??

J-Rok
I'm crossing my fingers, but so far, 620's site's broadcasting the game.

It's like.. twenty seconds behind though.

Rastak
Arizona

Tarlam!
10-29-2006, 12:05 PM
Who won the toss??

The other guys.... I hate that!!

Rastak
Who won the toss??

I like it, I'd rather get the ball in the second half....

Brando19
Man...I've gotta go to my car and listen to Sirius Satellite Radio which broadcasts every game.

Tarlam!
10-29-2006, 12:06 PM
HOLD THAT BALL!!!!!!

J-Rok
10-29-2006, 12:06 PM
I love listening to Wayne Larrivee.

Tarlam!
10-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Who won the toss??

I like it, I'd rather get the ball in the second half....

We only win, when we win the toss...

J-Rok
10-29-2006, 12:08 PM
Haha, I'm in a jam. There's much more emotion listening to the radio broadcast, but it's so behind, whereas gamecenter's much faster, but it's so boring.

I love hearing the crowd cheer.

Tarlam!
10-29-2006, 12:08 PM
Listening to the other guys is fun. They ae actually depressed!

J-Rok
10-29-2006, 12:09 PM
What's going on with the run? Getting caught from behind?

woodbuck27
10-29-2006, 12:10 PM
This is OUR Game ! :mrgreen:

Rastak
Wow, odd call on 3rd and even odder call on the fake. Get the points.

Brando19
WTF???? WHY DID THEY FAKE IT?!

J-Rok
10-29-2006, 12:11 PM
Was that fake on purpose?

gbgary
that's great...give a wounded team some hope, momentum.

Patler
That, was stupid. GET THE FIRST SCORE IN THE GAME!!!!

Badgepack
10-29-2006, 12:12 PM
Either go for it on 4th down or kick it, not a fake.

Packnut
I hope that was'nt the play call. Snap was high so I hope that caused it. Otherwise it was a stupid call.

Tarlam!
Was that fake on purpose?

Yeah, M3 was trying to capitalize on last weeks weakness.

I like it!

Freak Out
10-29-2006, 12:13 PM
Ryan for -11 yards....sheesh.

Rastak
Wow, was that a screw up or what....they had no recievers on the fake....

Rastak
Man, Boldin with a flat out drop.

gbgary
10-29-2006, 12:14 PM
somebody hit that punter in the face. that'll make him rethink that mask.

Tarlam!
10-29-2006, 12:14 PM
Oh, ye, of little faith!!!

J-Rok
10-29-2006, 12:15 PM
NO! THEY TURNED OFF MY RADIOOOOOOOOOOOOO. NOOOOOO.

Tarlam!
10-29-2006, 12:16 PM
3 bucks a game......NFL.com.

Bub
10-29-2006, 12:16 PM
Damn radio

Rastak
10-29-2006, 12:17 PM

That's a pretty fair price actually......they soak a guy for cricket games.

Rastak
10-29-2006, 12:18 PM
Bears 10 49ers zip

Badgepack
10-29-2006, 12:18 PM
Get Ruvell involved in the game early on.

J-Rok
10-29-2006, 12:19 PM
Miree for 20 yards? What happened there? Is he a tackle breaking machine?

Tarlam!
..they soak a guy for cricket games.

Ribbet....

J-Rok
We're really moving. Are we that efficient or are they that bad?

Brando19
10-29-2006, 12:20 PM

To watch or listen?

Rastak
10-29-2006, 12:20 PM
We're really moving. Are we that efficient or are they that bad?

Both.....Morency just had a very nice run...

gbgary
10-29-2006, 12:21 PM
..they soak a guy for cricket games.

Ribbet....

lol...you mean...[sound effect]cricket[/sound effect]

Tarlam!
10-29-2006, 12:21 PM

To watch or listen?

Listen....

Rastak
10-29-2006, 12:22 PM
Good call on the PI...

Brando19
10-29-2006, 12:23 PM
I just read that the Broncos, Panthers, Jets, Saints, and BEARS are interested in Tony Gonzalez when he becomes a free agent at the end of the season.

BENZITO
where are all the posters today?

gbgary
is that 15 to go for the record?

mmmdk
10-29-2006, 12:24 PM
RUN THE BALL !!!

Rastak
Should be 10 - 0.....but that was a pretty solid drive.

Brando19
TOUCHDOWN !!!

J-Rok
Wait, two pass interferences? Is Gamecenter telling the truth?

TD!

mmmdk
10-29-2006, 12:25 PM
OK, PASS THE ROCK :lol: D.MARTIN TD

Tarlam!
10-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Too eeeeaaaaasssssyyyyyy!!!!!!

Fosco33
10-29-2006, 12:26 PM
:mrgreen:

Packnut
Packer offense should have a HUGE day against an Arizona team that is done for the season.

Rastak
Wait, two pass interferences? Is Gamecenter telling the truth?

TD!

yea, although you could argue the second one, the reciever ran straight into the defender who can stand his ground....first call was good.

woodbuck27
10-29-2006, 12:27 PM
That's 10 TD's now this season and only 15 more to break the record. :mrgreen:

gbgary
10-29-2006, 12:28 PM
i'm thinkin that's 15 to go for the td record...can somebody confirm!?

gbgary
10-29-2006, 12:28 PM
thanks.......i thought so

Tarlam!
10-29-2006, 12:29 PM
I'm not ready to write Leinny off yet.... :mad:

Rastak
10-29-2006, 12:31 PM
Should have been PI on that, Harris got there early,...

packrulz
10-29-2006, 12:32 PM
Harris on Boldin. Sweet. So far so good.

Rastak
Packers are blitzing quite a bit.

J-Rok
Leinart. 0/5.

I'm not complaining.

BENZITO
10-29-2006, 12:33 PM
shit is woodson hurt?

Rastak
Woodson shaken up....bad throw by Leinert....

gbgary
woodson...acl

woodbuck27
Brett Favre started 2006 with 396 TD pass's and Dan Marino has the record at 420.

Favre needed 25 TD pass's to break the record. Presently he has 10 so he needs 15 more to break Marino's record.

GO Pack GO !

packrulz
10-29-2006, 12:34 PM
Nice return by Bodiford. I like him. He's stoked.

MJZiggy
Bodiford!! Beautiful run!!

mmmdk
woodson...acl

Don't joke about this...what's the deal?

PackerTimer
10-29-2006, 12:35 PM
bodiford show's some moves on the punt return.

Bub
Nice return from the new guy?

Tarlam!
woodson...acl

What are you saying???

Rastak
Bears in the red zone again......damn Bears!

J-Rok
Uh, that makes it Dendy vs. #2?

Tarlam!
Nice return from the new guy?

It'll do....

PackerTimer
ouch that looked painful

Rastak
10-29-2006, 12:36 PM
Hyperextended kneee for Woodson ...looks like it could be serious just from the replay....looks like you'll see some Blackmon......

gbgary
10-29-2006, 12:36 PM
woodson...acl

Don't joke about this...what's the deal?

you come down with your leg straight like that it'll pop an acl...i know.

BENZITO
10-29-2006, 12:37 PM
very nice catch ruvell

PackerTimer
nice grab by martin. some of the young guys are already stepping up today.

Sparkey
Great hands by Martin

packrulz
10-29-2006, 12:38 PM
Woodson has had a hamstring pulled a little lately, looked like he landed awkward and tweaked his knee.

Brando19
10-29-2006, 12:38 PM
woodson...acl

Get outta here...don't bring that crap to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rastak
10-29-2006, 12:39 PM
woodson...acl

Maybe he's fine....kinda looked bad on the reply....

packrulz
Bears are rolling 17-0 already.

PackerTimer
nice to see woodson up and walking around.

gbgary
woodson...acl

hey.......i hope i'm wrong!!!!!

Rastak
10-29-2006, 12:40 PM
Shit, Bears 17-0 and they just got a fumble deep in 49ers territory.....

gbgary
nice play call

Tarlam!
Cards radio has Wooson out...

PackerTimer
D. Martin with a nice play. great to see him starting to play up to his talent level.

packrulz
10-29-2006, 12:41 PM
See, David Martin has really improved, blocking well too.

motife
The Martin boys are AWESOME today.

gbgary
green's running well today so far

Rastak
Packers played pretty well that first quarter....

motife
10-29-2006, 12:42 PM
How 'bout the Ruvell and David brothers?

Tarlam!
10-29-2006, 12:42 PM

You sound surprised! :twisted:

motife
10-29-2006, 12:43 PM
Ahman is picking up an extra 2 or 3 yards every carry.

gbgary
10-29-2006, 12:43 PM

we all are.....lol.

Rastak
10-29-2006, 12:44 PM

Not at all, I put 9 on them in the pickem league...

packrulz
How 'bout the Ruvell and David brothers?

They're getting open, Ruvell's a big target too.

Tarlam!
Favre has 80 yards in the first quarter!

motife
Driver to the 6!

Tarlam!

Cheapskate.... :crazy: :cool:

Rastak
10-29-2006, 12:45 PM

Cheapskate.... :crazy: :cool:

What did you put on them Tarlam?

packrulz
Favre has 80 yards in the first quarter!

On one of my fantasy teams I started Drew Brees instead of Favre, opps! :oops:

billy_oliver880
We have been playing very solid football so far. *knocks on wood*

Fosco33
Pack looks well connected today.

First time I'd say they're playing like a team - more from the offensive line and AG back in there. The young wideouts are showing strong hands and quick movements. TEs are making plays and Favre is being Favre - great.

Keep it up-

motife
10-29-2006, 12:46 PM
I like this style of offense. All play action, utilization of tight ends, commitment to the run, all north south running.

Solid. And... for now.. it's working!

Bub
10-29-2006, 12:47 PM
Is Clifton playing?

gbgary
woo hoo

wpony
lets just hope packers just play a complete game like this not 3 quarters or 2 quarters this is fun to watch lol even the dog has not left the room yet touch down yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

motife
Favre is playing a good game. lots of different types of velocity on his throws.

AHMAN! TD!

Fosco33
10-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Congrats to AG for his 50th TD.

:mrgreen:

PackerTimer
green is running like it's 2004. good burst, and picking up exta yards.

packrulz
TD Ahman!

BENZITO
we better not let off the gas petal

billy_oliver880
YES!!

Tarlam!

13. I didn't wanna jinx 'em! :lol:

Rastak
It should be interesting to see who's in the secondary when the Cards take the field....

packrulz
10-29-2006, 12:49 PM
Packers looking all pro against the Cards.

Guiness
10-29-2006, 12:49 PM
I like Arizona's passing stats after the first quarter:

RECEIVING
REC YDS TD LG

That's it 8-) Leinhart is 0/6

Fosco33
10-29-2006, 12:50 PM
we better not let off the gas petal

Push it threw the floor

Rastak
Freakin Bears 24-0 and in the red zone again....

Fosco33
Chicago is up 24-0. Glad I took them to cover 16.5.

motife
10-29-2006, 12:51 PM
lots of different types of velocity on Favre's throws.

perfect offense for him at this stage of his career.

he's got to be feeling good today.

RIPackerFan
Improvement every game - this is what I like to see.

packrulz

13. I didn't wanna jinx 'em! :lol:

I only put 2 on the Pack, I wasn't sure what to expect.

Tarlam!
Freakin Bears 24-0 and in the red zone again....

That's my 14 points your slamming.... :lol:

BENZITO
woodsons back :)

Fosco33
lots of different types of velocity on Favre's throws.

perfect offense for him at this stage of his career.

he's got to be feeling good today.

Imagine if GJ was in there too.

PackerTimer
woodson back in

Fosco33
10-29-2006, 12:52 PM
woodsons back :)

Good

gbgary
10-29-2006, 12:52 PM
woodson's back.......great!! i was WRONG!!

packrulz
10-29-2006, 12:54 PM

I assume they're just being cautious with him since he's been hurting but hey, he keeps playing.

motife
10-29-2006, 12:55 PM

I assume they're just being cautious with him since he's been hurting but hey, he keeps playing.

I'm glad someone on this board knows how to spell "cautious".

Rastak
10-29-2006, 12:55 PM
Cards should try a little play action and some screens...GB is blitzing like crazy.....

motife
10-29-2006, 12:56 PM
geezus....

a lot of drops by the Card WR's.

GrnBay007
Hi all, just got back from the lil bears game.
Can't get the game so don't leave out any good details on here!!!! :D

BENZITO
sack!!!

PackerTimer
NICE

packrulz
Gang sack! Love it!

billy_oliver880
Cards should try a little play action and some screens...GB is blitzing like crazy.....

They FINALLY got to him. It wasn't working till now.

gbgary
10-29-2006, 12:57 PM
DOG PILE

motife
awesome blitz

Rastak
Good game plan by GB....Cards OL really really sucks.

Tarlam!

Who won??

packrulz
10-29-2006, 12:58 PM
I love the Packs o-line compared to the Cards, they really blow.

Bub
10-29-2006, 12:58 PM
Is Clifton Colege playing LT?

GrnBay007
10-29-2006, 12:59 PM

Who won??

lil bears lost :sad: broncos won and they finished up the season 8-0. It was a close game though 13-6.

Tarlam!
Is Clifton Colege playing LT?

14-nuthin. What?

Lurker64

They FINALLY got to him. It wasn't working till now.

Well, Leinart was 1/8 and the Cardinals were scoreless, so at least it's not the "Slowik School" of blitzing not working.

BENZITO
that was ugly

billy_oliver880
Oh jebisus!

billy_oliver880
10-29-2006, 01:00 PM
OK I was wrong.

Tarlam!
broncos won and they finished up the season 8-0.

Coaches must be real pigs!

Fosco33
Good call

Rastak
10-29-2006, 01:01 PM
That was PI...should have been offsetting....Manuel looks really shaky in coverage....

packrulz
10-29-2006, 01:01 PM
Woodson returned the punt.

billy_oliver880
10-29-2006, 01:02 PM
That was PI...should have been offsetting....Manuel looks really shaky in coverage....

Thats what I thought the call was. :?

Rastak
10-29-2006, 01:03 PM

Thats what I thought the call was. :?

They should have called it he had his back to the play and hit the reciever.....

motife
10-29-2006, 01:06 PM
horrible block by Bubba Franks on the fake FG. a whiff.

PackerTimer
10-29-2006, 01:07 PM
morency with a big run