PDA

View Full Version : OT : Sources: Merriman To Be Suspended

packers11
10-22-2006, 09:02 PM
BREAKING NEWS Alert
Sources: Merriman To Be Suspended
Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman has been notified he will be suspended for four games for violating the NFL's steroids policy, league and team sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

www.espn.com

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

]{ilr]3
10-22-2006, 09:05 PM
OMG! That is huge! :shock:

Just reading on there further.... I wasnt aware that is why Shawn Rogers was out too. :crazy:

These guys just think they were going to get caught? Or is it that easy to get away with??????

I was thinking at the beginning of the year thats why there were so many hanstring injuries because they were trying to get off there juice and the muscle couldnt handle it. Probably more to do with me wanting that than anything else :lol:

Charles Woodson
10-22-2006, 09:27 PM
Sources: Chargers' Merriman suspended for steroids
ESPN.com news services

Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman has been notified he will be suspended for four games for violating the NFL's steroids policy, league and team sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Merriman's positive test was "definitely for steroids … not one of those supplement deals" said a source with knowledge of Merriman's suspension.

Merriman's suspension originally was to be announced last Tuesday when two other players -- the Falcons' Mark Lehr and the Lions' Shaun Rogers -- were suspended for violating the policy. But Merriman reserved the right to appeal his suspension, so it was not announced.

Neither the Chargers, nor Merriman, could be reached for comment Sunday night.

Earlier Sunday the Chargers lost to the Chiefs 30-27 in Kansas City.

retailguy
10-22-2006, 09:28 PM
BREAKING NEWS Alert
Sources: Merriman To Be Suspended

www.espn.com

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

No wonder he's so f'in good.... :bs: :no:

retailguy
10-22-2006, 09:31 PM
{ilr]3]

I was thinking at the beginning of the year thats why there were so many hanstring injuries because they were trying to get off there juice and the muscle couldnt handle it.

Hmm. Ahman Green = TWO hamstring Injuries....... :?:

Body by Addonniss....... Hmmm. :idea: :huh:

Gosh, I hope not. I really really like the guy.

SD GB fan
10-22-2006, 10:49 PM
wasnt green's injury due to his surgery? his hamstrings were overcompensating for weak quads

esoxx
10-22-2006, 10:52 PM
Merriman did seem to play like a guy with 'roid rage. Still a great player though.

FritzDontBlitz
10-22-2006, 11:12 PM
{ilr]3]OMG! That is huge! :shock:

Just reading on there further.... I wasnt aware that is why Shawn Rogers was out too. :crazy:

These guys just think they were going to get caught? Or is it that easy to get away with??????

I was thinking at the beginning of the year thats why there were so many hanstring injuries because they were trying to get off there juice and the muscle couldnt handle it. Probably more to do with me wanting that than anything else :lol:

steroids wouldn't cause that, it was more than likely a lack of conditioning in the offseason.

Fosco33
10-22-2006, 11:33 PM
SoCal has another 'Juice' - not Orenthal - but the butt pricking kind.

These guys hope not to get caught - not great examples for youth.

The whole, "I'm not a role model" should be coming soon.

Noodle
10-23-2006, 01:08 AM
wasnt green's injury due to his surgery? his hamstrings were overcompensating for weak quads

I think you're right about Green's hammy. He was given a pretty heavy workload without a lot of preseason conditioning. You could pretty much bet the hammy would blow.

But honestly, this is just the tip of the 'berg for the NFL. A lot of these guys are just way bigger than is humanly possible. If the NFL dudes got tested like the pro bikers, my bet is that you'd see a whole lot more of this.

But I also don't get the feeling that NFL fans care all that much. We'd rather have a guy doing everything he can to be a stud (just don't get caught) than have a clean game.

I mean, honestly, wouldn't you have been happier if Tony M stayed on the juice? Yes you would.