PDA

View Full Version : Jennings injury

GrnBay007
10-22-2006, 10:01 PM
I didn't see anything posted about this. Did anyone hear how he is? results of the x-ray?

Bretsky
10-22-2006, 10:02 PM
no word yet that I've heard of

Packers4Ever
10-22-2006, 10:16 PM
I've been watching and waiting for news too,
my heart sank when I saw him being helped
off the field but Donald and Donald Lee answered
the call pretty well. Maybe something on 10 PM News
tonight, coming up in a few minutes.

GBRulz
10-22-2006, 10:28 PM
i have the 10 o'clock news on. NOTHING on about his injury. Then again, I'm up north this weekend, but still, it's Packer country here, too!!

MJZiggy
10-22-2006, 10:34 PM
Then maybe it wasn't so bad? He was trying to walk it off for a minute on the sidelines.

FritzDontBlitz
10-22-2006, 11:06 PM

i don't remember donald lee doing much of anything today, but the two young wrs both stepped up in jennings absense.

Joemailman
10-22-2006, 11:13 PM

i don't remember donald lee doing much of anything today, but the two young wrs both stepped up in jennings absense.

RECEIVING
REC YDS TD LG
D. Driver 10 93 1 34
D. Martin 2 31 1 18
R. Martin 2 25 0 19
B. Franks 1 18 0 18
G. Jennings 1 14 0 14
B. Miree 2 13 0 9
C. Francies 1 12 0 12

You're right about lee. Perhaps P4E meant David Martin.

Packers4Ever
10-22-2006, 11:43 PM

RECEIVING
REC YDS TD LG
D. Driver 10 93 1 34
D. Martin 2 31 1 18
R. Martin 2 25 0 19
B. Franks 1 18 0 18
G. Jennings 1 14 0 14
B. Miree 2 13 0 9
C. Francies 1 12 0 12

You're right about lee. Perhaps P4E meant David Martin.

You're exactly right, Joemailman and Fritz, I 'misspoke' - should have been
David Martin. Thanks! :smile:

the_idle_threat
10-22-2006, 11:53 PM
Here's a little blurb from the end of this (http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=521813) JSO article:

Jennings told teammates after the game that his ankle injury wasn't serious and that he was held out for precautionary reasons, but he was on crutches in the locker room and there's always a chance it's worse than he thinks.

GrnBay007
10-23-2006, 12:35 AM
Here's a little blurb from the end of this (http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=521813) JSO article:

Jennings told teammates after the game that his ankle injury wasn't serious and that he was held out for precautionary reasons, but he was on crutches in the locker room and there's always a chance it's worse than he thinks.

Ugh!! Please don't be 2005 all over again! :shock:

gbpackfan
10-23-2006, 02:51 AM
Well, they took X-rays so he would know if it was broken. Based on that small tidbit of info, you have to believe that it is NOT broken. Which is good news. I hope he can come back for Sunday's game.

gbpackfan
10-23-2006, 05:25 AM
From Packernews.com:

Jennings injured

The Packers got a scare late in the second quarter when rookie receiver Greg Jennings sprained an ankle and was unable to return to the game.

McCarthy said he didn't know the severity of the injury.

Jennings was on crutches in the locker room after the game but said he didn't think the injury was serious. Further tests were to be done once the team arrived in Green Bay.

"It's not broken," said Jennings, though he had not seen the X-rays. "I'm sure I'll be able to go Sunday."

--------------------------------

Sigh of relief! At least for now. Hopefully it feels okay on Monday.

Badgerinmaine
10-23-2006, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the post--I couldn't find anything about Jennings's status on Yahoo! News.

Spaulding
10-23-2006, 08:45 AM
Gotta love the Rats for updates like these. I've scoured JSOnline, KFFL, Rotowire, ESPN and NFL.COM trying to get updates and nada.

Thanks much. Still makes me cringe though at our lack of WR depth.

Somewhat related question as it's about Charles Rogers. What I don't understand is that his injuries the last two years have been on his shoulder (collarbone) and yet the reports about him now is that he's lost his speed - how does that figure??

A guy who was the 2nd overall draft pick (and not a QB) is already out of football - wow.

Rastak
10-23-2006, 03:39 PM
Did McCarthy have his weekly press conference today? Did he address Jennings health?

chewy-bacca
10-23-2006, 03:49 PM
(Any indication of the seriousness of Jennings' injury? Could he miss Sunday's game?)

It's a potential. He could potentially miss Sunday's game. His tests are being done right now. He was in this morning for treatment.

from the press conf. trans.

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2006/10/23/1/

chewy-bacca
10-23-2006, 03:51 PM
also

(Do you know for sure it's not broken?)

I haven't got the test results back. They x-rayed him at the stadium, so my understanding is his ankle is not broken. It's an ankle sprain. That's the diagnosis.

(With your depth at wide receiver, will you consider looking outside to pick somebody up?)

That's really the process we're going through right now. That will go on this afternoon, and hopefully be resolved by this evening. We will probably add a receiver to that group, yes.

cheese_man
10-25-2006, 09:50 AM
on jsonline.com furum same body said greg jennings will mot likely miss sundays game.

any info on that

MJZiggy
10-25-2006, 09:56 AM
They haven't posted this week's injury list yet. There is a bit of speculation in articles, but no one that I've seen is quoting anything more recent than Monday's press conference