PDA

View Full Version : Ahman's big run

packiowa
10-23-2006, 02:18 PM
I would like to point out the Scott Wells needs consideration for the play of the day.

I'm talking about Green's long run. After the commercial, the commentators talked about Wells getting a good seal block on a DT as they showed a replay. What you can't see on this replay and can on the original play, is that Wells made two prefectly timed blocks. At the snap, he got around and seasled the DT from persuing. As Green ran up to his hole, Wells disengaged and shuffled downfield to get a great block on a streaking lb. It was really quick and perfect timing by Wells.

The ugly guys (they aren't all that big in this scheme) need to get some credit when they make great plays.

I'm sold on Wells.

How about MT's cut block on Favre's big run? Would he have made that block last year?

GoPack06
10-23-2006, 02:50 PM
Colledge had a nice block on that run too.

Patler
10-23-2006, 02:53 PM
I suspect everyone blocked well, which is why it went 70 yards with pretty much clear sailing for Green! :D

I would like to see a very wide angle slow motion of that play. I would bet even the receivers got good pieces of someone, because there was only the one guy even close to pursuit after 20 yards

MJZiggy
10-23-2006, 03:04 PM
I would be willing to bet that when M3 puts a play "under the microscope" this week on his show, you will get exactly what you are asking for.

packiowa
10-23-2006, 03:08 PM
I suspect everyone blocked well, which is why it went 70 yards with pretty much clear sailing for Green! :D

I would like to see a very wide angle slow motion of that play. I would bet even the receivers got good pieces of someone, because there was only the one guy even close to pursuit after 20 yards

Evevybody blocked well, and that's why it was gonna be 7-10 yards easy. Wells' perfectly times block on the second level is a big reason why they got 70 though.