PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network : Arrington to decide btwn GB & NYG, 24/48hr

motife
04-21-2006, 04:28 PM
from another forum

"Adam Schefter just reported on nfl network Lavar Arrinton will decide between Green Bay and the Giants within 24 to 48 hours. Hopefully a miracle happens kepping my fingers crossed!

If you can watch it tonight it will air again in 45 mins."

http://mb16.scout.com/fpackersfansfrm1.showMessage?topicID=22189.topic

another link :

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=417591

http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=4799844

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/news/apr06/lavar411.jpg

CyclonePackFan
04-21-2006, 04:33 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TEDDY PULL THE TRIGGER

RashanGary
04-21-2006, 04:58 PM
The ONLY reason I would want Arrington in GB is becasue they need to spend some money. He's probably not worth whatever he gets but if it's between wasting it or getting Arrington I'd take Arrington.

I don't think he's that good though. I'd rather have Hawk.

MJZiggy
04-21-2006, 05:00 PM
There's still always Woodson if he signs in NY.

packrulz
04-21-2006, 05:09 PM
It's a gamble though, the guy's a stud but is he coachable? If TT didn't sign him I'd be kind of relieved. Too independant, sound familiar?

RashanGary
04-21-2006, 05:14 PM
Damn he looks fat and out of shape....I can't see him having great years.

Partial
04-21-2006, 05:21 PM
Arrington, Barnett and Hawk should be make for a defense infinitely better, especially since the linebackers are meant to be the playmakers.

Scott Campbell
04-21-2006, 05:21 PM
It's a gamble though, the guy's a stud but is he coachable? If TT didn't sign him I'd be kind of relieved. Too independant, sound familiar?

This is a guy that bought his way out of a bad situation for $4M. I have to believe that he's not going to knowingly put himself in the same situation with the coaching staff again.

He'll get a second chance somewhere. But he may not get a third.

Harlan Huckleby
04-21-2006, 05:42 PM
The question I have is whether he insists on a long term deal.

Oscar
04-21-2006, 05:56 PM
I thought I read somehwere that if we sign Arington, Hawk is most likely out of the picture... Hawk would be the better choice if I were in charge.. But last time I checked..I'm not. I still hope, no matter what, T.T. goes defense with the first couple of picks.

Partial
04-21-2006, 06:08 PM
Well, if he signs Arrington and goes defense he'd be a fool not to go Hawk. Unless Mario was available or he traded down.

K-town
04-21-2006, 06:16 PM
FRIDAY, April 21, 2006, 6:06 p.m.
By Tom Silverstein

Packers out of Arrington chase
The Green Bay Packers made a play for free agent linebacker LaVar Arrington, but it appears it wasn't enough.

According to a National Football League source, the Packers were informed that Arrington planned on signing with another team. It's unclear who Arrington is going to sign with, but his visit to the New York Giants is a pretty good sign that they are in the lead for his services.

All along, Arrington made it a point to say he wanted to play in the NFC East where he would be able to play against his old team, the Washington Redskins, twice a year. Miami, Cincinnati and Jacksonville were involved earlier in the negotiations with Arrington, but the Giants had shown the most interest of late.

The Packers were hoping to lure Arrington to Green Bay with a solid contract offer and from all indications they were in the running until the end. But the uncertainty of not having a decision from Brett Favre on his status for next season might have affected Arrington's decision.

Arrington is one of two big-name free agents the Packers have been pursuing of late. The other, cornerback Charles Woodson, remans on their radar, but they are battling the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for his services. Woodson, like Arrington, is represented by Carl and Kevin Poston.

Kevin Poston, who has been handling Arrington, did not return a phone message.

CyclonePackFan
04-21-2006, 06:19 PM
Well shit.

Guess Woodson goes back on the front burner, doesn't he?

Fosco33
04-21-2006, 06:23 PM
I'd rather have Woodsen and Hawk anyways. Who knows - maybe we were a bargaining chip in the whole free agent negotiations...

Bretsky
04-21-2006, 06:27 PM
Did anybody really expect Arrington or Hawk anyways ? Pipe dreams with TT; we were lucky he offered Pickett the money

RashanGary
04-21-2006, 07:28 PM
Look at that fat pig. He looks more out of shape than Diggs last year. Let him go.......I wish Walker wasn't such an idiot because if I were TT, Walker would be the guy I was targeting for a big fat extention.

esoxx
04-21-2006, 11:25 PM
What a shocker. Can't believe we didn't sign Arrington. For anyone still having a pipe dream about Charles Woodson, time to wake up. Not going to happen.

Bretsky
04-21-2006, 11:28 PM
What a shocker. Can't believe we didn't sign Arrington. For anyone still having a pipe dream about Charles Woodson, time to wake up. Not going to happen.

While the Postons -- Kevin and Carl -- were working to complete the deal Friday night between the Giants and Arrington, negotiations for Raiders cornerback Charles Woodson were heating up and there is a chance something could be done this weekend.

The Packers and Bucs have been the most active in trying to recruit Woodson. The Bucs are looking at Woodson as a safety. The Packers want him at cornerback. Other teams have entered the picture, according to Carl Poston, Woodson's agent.

"We're working on Charles and hoping to get something done," Poston said. "Things are picking up."

Woodson and cornerback Ty Law will be the top free agents available once Arrington completes his deal with the Giants. Law has been talking to the Seahawks and several other teams.

esoxx
04-21-2006, 11:32 PM
Not going to happen.

GrnBay007
04-21-2006, 11:33 PM
This is getting pretty depressing. Anyone else getting the same sick feeling you got last season as players were getting injured and we were seeing no real replacements?

Bretsky
04-21-2006, 11:36 PM
This is getting pretty depressing. Anyone else getting the same sick feeling you got last season as players were getting injured and we were seeing no real replacements?

I've had that feeling, except this year nobody is injured, but we still don't have the replacements. Our needs

WR, OG OG C LB LB CB

And that's just the necessities. We aren't that strong at other positions as well.

esoxx
04-21-2006, 11:37 PM
It's deja vu all over again 007

MJZiggy
04-22-2006, 09:20 AM
I'm curious about something. When it became apparrent that Klemm wasn't performing and people started going down, who was available out there to bring in? I'm not trying to make excuses for TT, I just don't know who was out there.

esoxx
04-22-2006, 10:08 AM
It was apparent that Klemm wasn't going to cut it at guard during the preseason. Something needed to be done sooner to address the OL rather then waiting until week 10 to bench him. Instead, they tried to fit a square peg into a round hole. Remember, Klemm was TT's "marquee" FA, what with an $800,000 signing bonus and all. So they kept trying to pound that square peg in, with disasterous results.

The point is, get your house in order during the off-season, when you should be putting a competent team together. Waiting until the season kicks off is too late. Keeping fingers crossed and hoping a guy comes through like Klemm & Whittacker, basically on blind faith, is a high risk game. Result: Favre gets hit more than he ever did at any time in his career and we have the 31st ranked rushing unit.

TT appears to employing the same high risk strategy this offseason. Hey, maybe if we all just cross our fingers a little harder, it will all come together!

MJZiggy
04-22-2006, 10:33 AM
I understand what you're saying and pretty much agree, what I'm wondering is this: after Wahle left, who was available other than Klemm?

RashanGary
04-22-2006, 10:36 AM
We're all hindsight GM's Ziggy.

After that point it was too late. In hindsight Wahle was worth the paycheck he recieved from Carolina. I think that to this point that was T.T.'s biggest mistake. Being a GM of any team is going to be riddled with good decisions and mistakes. It's only natural he is not perfect.

On the bright side; we get the #5 and #37 picks instead of the #15 and #47 :)

MJZiggy
04-22-2006, 10:55 AM
I'm not defending or questioning anything. I simply was out of the loop at the time most of this happened, so I knew Klemm was brought in, but didn't know what other free agents might have been around at the time.

Bretsky
04-22-2006, 12:22 PM
I'm curious about something. When it became apparrent that Klemm wasn't performing and people started going down, who was available out there to bring in? I'm not trying to make excuses for TT, I just don't know who was out there.

IMO, TT chose Klemm and paid him at a time when others were available. For the TT lovers, this was a guy he chose early and missed on. Not sure when it was obvious Klemm was an egg; by that time there may not have been many options........but we rode his train too long.