PDA

View Full Version : Oh Oh....looks like Arrington might have popped his achilles

Rastak
10-23-2006, 08:48 PM
At least that's what it seemed like.....actually I've always disliked him but after hearing a recent interview he actually seems like a decent chap.....

vince
10-23-2006, 08:56 PM
At least that's what it seemed like.....actually I've always disliked him but after hearing a recent interview he actually seems like a decent chap.....
He's a guy I wanted, Ras. Obviously, that would have been a bad mistake. Him and Carroll instead of Woodson and possibly Hawk would have been absolutely brutal.

Rastak
10-23-2006, 09:01 PM
He's a guy I wanted, Ras. Obviously, that would have been a bad mistake. Him and Carroll instead of Woodson and possibly Hawk would have been absolutely brutal.

I would guess Ted might still have grabbed Hawk. But I wasn't an Arrington guy at all in free agency.....or Woodson for that matter....

gbpackfan
10-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Woodson played a hell of a game on Sunday.

Arrington, well, thank God he didn't sign with the Pack. He was having a nice half though.

Rastak
10-23-2006, 09:13 PM
Woodson played a hell of a game on Sunday.

Arrington, well, thank God he didn't sign with the Pack. He was having a nice half though.

Yea, Woodson looked pretty solid, I only meant that during the spring I wasn't on his bandwagon at all.......

Rastak
10-23-2006, 09:40 PM
Hmmm, I called that....Arrington blew his achilles......

gbpackfan
10-23-2006, 10:19 PM
Sounds painful.

BF4MVP
10-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Poor guy... :sad:

It's gotta suck for these guys to have their season end so abruptly like that..

The Leaper
10-23-2006, 10:35 PM
For Arrington, this may just be his career. The guy is playing on damaged knees already...now a blown achilles?

He'll never again be an impact player. It is going to be a long shot that he can even return as a dependable starter.

gbgary
10-23-2006, 11:36 PM
For Arrington, this may just be his career. The guy is playing on damaged knees already...now a blown achilles?

He'll never again be an impact player. It is going to be a long shot that he can even return as a dependable starter.

i agree. that's an ender for him for sure. right off the top of my head i can't think of anyone that's come back from that injury that ended up playing very well.

Tarlam!
10-24-2006, 06:01 AM
I sure was down after he didn't come to Green Bay. Karma is a bitch aint she?

Willard
10-24-2006, 10:20 AM
Why I am not the GM: Exhibit A -

I wanted to sign LA during offseason. My reasoning was this would allow the Pack to draft Vernon Davis at #5 giving the Pack some much needed offensive firepower. I really liked AJ as well, but I figured we could pick a great LB with our 2nd pick (I think I was right with this point at least).

Now both LA and VD are done for the season. LA has terrible knees and now the Achilles' - ouch. He sure nailed that blitz for the safety last night though.

All in all, my predraft plan would have not gone over very well with you forgiving fans! :wink: