PDA

View Full Version : The SCOOP on SHAUN BODIFORD

gbpackfan
10-23-2006, 09:13 PM
I know there is already a thread on him, but I did some digging on Bodiford and found this info in the archives of scout.com. Here are a couple things about our new boy Bodiford.

---------------------------------------

Prospect Profile: Shaun Bodiford

By: TFY Draft Preview

Date: Mar 17, 2006

Full Name: Shaun Bodiford School: Portland State Pos: WR

Ht: 5-11 Wt: 187 40: 4.52 Year: 4Sr

Bio: Starter the past two seasons, leading the team in receiving as a senior with 51/545/5 and 40/587/5 the prior year.

Pos: Consistent pass catcher best in underneath coverage. Sells routes, adjusts to the errant throw and looks the ball into his hands. Extends to consistently make the reception away from his frame. Throws his body around the field to make the catch and keeps the play in bounds running after the reception.

Neg: Not a big, strong or sturdy wideout. Lacks deep speed and a second gear.

Analysis: Showing progress the past two years, Bodiford has an outside shot to

----------------------------------------

Shaun of the Depth: Who is Shaun Bodiford? He attended Portland State, for starters. But don't expect Wikipedia to offer a bio on the Lions' rookie anytime soon.

The undrafted rookie free-agent has turned in a solid training camp, spending time with each team and failing to disappoint.

So how do the Lions find those potential diamonds in the rough?

"Our scouts did agreat job finding him," said Marinelli, "We loved him in the rookie minicamps. He really splashed on us. (But) we weren't able to get him into any OTA's (do to school requirements). He's way behind, but he's avery talented guy and he's coming into camp and he's fast.

"He's earned the right to be looked at, and he's earned the right to have some snaps."

Rastak
10-23-2006, 09:15 PM
I know there is already a thread on him, but I did some digging on Bodiford and found this info in the archives of scout.com. Here are a couple things about our new boy Bodiford.

---------------------------------------

Prospect Profile: Shaun Bodiford

By: TFY Draft Preview

Date: Mar 17, 2006

Full Name: Shaun Bodiford School: Portland State Pos: WR

Ht: 5-11 Wt: 187 40: 4.52 Year: 4Sr

Bio: Starter the past two seasons, leading the team in receiving as a senior with 51/545/5 and 40/587/5 the prior year.

Pos: Consistent pass catcher best in underneath coverage. Sells routes, adjusts to the errant throw and looks the ball into his hands. Extends to consistently make the reception away from his frame. Throws his body around the field to make the catch and keeps the play in bounds running after the reception.

Neg: Not a big, strong or sturdy wideout. Lacks deep speed and a second gear.

Analysis: Showing progress the past two years, Bodiford has an outside shot to

----------------------------------------

Shaun of the Depth: Who is Shaun Bodiford? He attended Portland State, for starters. But don't expect Wikipedia to offer a bio on the Lions' rookie anytime soon.

The undrafted rookie free-agent has turned in a solid training camp, spending time with each team and failing to disappoint.

So how do the Lions find those potential diamonds in the rough?

"Our scouts did agreat job finding him," said Marinelli, "We loved him in the rookie minicamps. He really splashed on us. (But) we weren't able to get him into any OTA's (do to school requirements). He's way behind, but he's avery talented guy and he's coming into camp and he's fast.

"He's earned the right to be looked at, and he's earned the right to have some snaps."

But he didn't love him enough to keep him......LOL....sounds like Jason carter who played very very well in the Vikings camp but has been sitting on the practice squad....I guess I should be happy you didn;t sign him off the practice sqaud, I would have been bummed.

gbpackfan
10-23-2006, 09:17 PM
He did make the 53 man roster, I don't know what happened after that.

Rastak
10-23-2006, 09:18 PM
He did make the 53 man roster, I don't know what happened after that.

Yea, who the hell knows on these guys. Ted saw something he liked....

FavreChild
10-23-2006, 09:54 PM
Well, I'm far from calling him "my boy" yet, but thanks for the info, gbpackfan.

Has OPF chimed in with any "local" commentary? I don't believe he has ever commented on Portland State, but still....he would know more than we do.