PDA

View Full Version : Rivera looks like crap

Tony Oday
10-23-2006, 10:25 PM
Wow you guys think he could help? He is getting burned like a White Castle burger!

FavreChild
10-23-2006, 10:30 PM
I dunno...I can only presume he would be more effective if Dallas was attempting to run the ball *at all*. "Me-O" appears to be dictating the entire offense, including the QB.

Rivera is a nice guy and all, but that's what you get when you play for America's Anti-Team. :twisted:

The Leaper
10-23-2006, 10:31 PM
Dallas WAY overpaid for Rivera. I was actually very glad to see Rivera get paid for his hard work in Green Bay...especially when I realized it was the Cowboys who would be paying him.

He was playing on a pair of 3/4 legs his last year in Green Bay. I'd be surprised if he's even on a pair of 1/2 legs at this point.

HarveyWallbangers
10-23-2006, 10:37 PM
He looked primarily responsible for the safety in the first half. I wish Marco the best. Great guy. Great Packer. He's lost a lot though.

FavreChild
10-23-2006, 10:49 PM
You guys - specifically Leaper and HW - would be much better analysts of the O-line than I ever could be. But do you think that the emphasis on the pass for Dallas (assuming you agree with me on that) has anything to do with Rivera's performance? I mean, Dallas has two very serviceable backs that they ignore, which I don't understand.

The safety nonwithstanding, do you really feel the pass protection for Bledsoe/Romo was that bad?

HarveyWallbangers
10-23-2006, 10:55 PM
You guys - specifically Leaper and HW - would be much better analysts of the O-line than I ever could be. But do you think that the emphasis on the pass for Dallas (assuming you agree with me on that) has anything to do with Rivera's performance? I mean, Dallas has two very serviceable backs that they ignore, which I don't understand.

The safety nonwithstanding, do you really feel the pass protection for Bledsoe/Romo was that bad?

Unfortunately, I don't agree with your premise that the Cowboys ignore the running game. They are second in the NFL in rushing attempts/game. The only reason Atlanta is higher is because Vick runs it 10 times/game.

Look. I like Drew Bledsoe. Mainly because he's an upstanding guy, and never blames others. However, he is and always has been a statue. He holds the ball too long. That certainly makes the OL look worse. As far as Rivera, he's in his mid 30s now. I think he's on the downside. It happens to the best of players.

The Leaper
10-23-2006, 11:00 PM

I agree with HW. Bledsoe is notorious for holding the ball way too long. The protection isn't that bad for Dallas. Favre has far less time than the Dallas QBs have...and yet is rarely sacked. That is because he is smarter with the ball.

Dallas doesn't ignore the run...although I'm surprised they passed as much as they did tonight.

Rivera is just past his prime. He was a great player in Green Bay who never really received the recognition he deserved until he was already starting to decline. He was getting BLOWN off the line by some of the young guys on the Giant DL. Being a crafty vet, Rivera still usually was able to keep his guy off the QB...but it was hard to watch at times.

FavreChild
10-23-2006, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the clarification/analysis.

I agree that tonight was an aberration for Dallas - although I still think it was a BAD choice on the part of Parcells.

But I have not been following Rivera/the performance of the Dallas O-line, so y'all provided exactly what I was looking for with my question.

(although Dall-ASS can keep sucking for all I care...)

Badgepack
10-23-2006, 11:53 PM
Love to watch the Cowboys get beat, especially at home.

Surrounded by cowboy fans, can't stand em'.

Mixed emotions about Rivera having a hard time with his new team.

It's great to see T.O. turn the Cowboys into a joke, hope he continues with his class act.