PDA

View Full Version : Mike Vick

Partial
10-24-2006, 01:52 PM
I was just reading an article on ESPN about Michael Vick, and I have all but concluded that he will never fit into a convential offense, and even what they're doing with him now is too rigid to ever maximize his skill set.

That, and he will get injured the way they use him. If he's going to run and scramble, they need to not worry about the clock and the 50 yard "plays of the week" scramble, and simply grab 6-8 yards using his speed and get out of bounds without getting hit. In my opinion he would do his most damage on designed runs where they can get a full back or a tight end of the outside linebacker and he can beat people to the edge.

It kind of reminds me of flag football almost. You don't want vick to get hit because he isn't the biggest or the strongest guy. But, like every successful flag football team did, they put their best player ( best arm or not ) at quarterback and let them make things happen.

bbbffl66
10-24-2006, 02:15 PM
There is a reason that running QB's don't win the Super Bowl. They get killed in the reg season, and then face teams with speed in the playoffs that can shut down a mobile QB. Vick is a RB that throws on occasion.

Iron Mike
10-24-2006, 06:43 PM
OMG..there's actually a Ron Mexico website!!!! (Maybe it should be called "Pr0n Mexico")

www.ronmexico.com