PDA

View Full Version : Denny Green

Badgerinmaine
10-24-2006, 07:43 PM
There had been some speculation on ESPN Radio on Monday that the Cardinals might fire Denny Green as head coach as soon as this week, but today's news has the Cardinals saying his job is safe for now . I'm guessing it's not safe for long, but it look like he'll be coaching Sunday. So, which would you rather have: the Packers facing a team with a coach who look like he could get fired at any time, or a team trying to adjust to an interim coach?

And did any of you hear him in his press conference after losing to the Raiders? He was 180 degrees from his anger after the MNF loss to the Bears--he just flat sounded beaten down. Of course, losing to the 2006 Raiders might make anyone feel that way :mrgreen:

Lurker64
10-24-2006, 07:48 PM
This should give good locker room bulletin board material for the Packers:

GET DENNY GREEN FIRED!

Rastak
10-24-2006, 07:51 PM
Denny is as low as a guy can get.....Green Bay cannot possibly lose to Arizona this week. I'll back that up with points in the PackerRats pickem league. If I was blowing smoke there's no way I'd do that.

Denny has completely fucked this team up. If McCarthy doesn't kick his butt then he should himself be suspended for a week or two by TT.

And before Harvey even asks, I won't have a bunch of points on the Vikes but will most likely pick them at home.....

Pacopete4
10-24-2006, 08:49 PM
i am not sure i want a viking fan picking us to win haha.. talk about bad luck ill tell ya.. just givin ya a hard time

Rastak
10-24-2006, 08:56 PM
i am not sure i want a viking fan picking us to win haha.. talk about bad luck ill tell ya.. just givin ya a hard time

Hey I put my points on Green Bay already, my pickem picks are in.......

Pacopete4
10-24-2006, 08:58 PM
haha, well I sure as hope u are right as I see us being able to win the next 2 games. Will we? who knows.. but if we do I see a 4-4 Packers team taking on a 5-3 Vikes team in week 9.. and who doesnt wanna watch that game?

Rastak
10-24-2006, 09:00 PM
haha, well I sure as hope u are right as I see us being able to win the next 2 games. Will we? who knows.. but if we do I see a 4-4 Packers team taking on a 5-3 Vikes team in week 9.. and who doesnt wanna watch that game?

I have tickets and I'll be there.....and I think it's very possible Green Bay wins their next two.......

GrnBay007
10-24-2006, 09:03 PM
I have tickets and I'll be there.....and I think it's very possible Green Bay wins their next two.......

uh, Rastak, didn't you mean to say their next three? :taunt:

:twisted:

Rastak
10-24-2006, 09:04 PM

uh, Rastak, didn't you mean to say their next three? :taunt:

:twisted:

Vikes will KILL Green Bay.........

Zool
10-24-2006, 09:05 PM

I have tickets and I'll be there.....and I think it's very possible Green Bay wins their next two.......I will also be there. I know its no lambeau, but its too far to get to GB for games.

Rastak
10-24-2006, 09:07 PM

I have tickets and I'll be there.....and I think it's very possible Green Bay wins their next two.......I will also be there. I know its no lambeau, but its too far to get to GB for games.

Hey Zool, consider stopping down at Town Hall Brewery near the stadium, you got a beer on me.....

Pacopete4
10-24-2006, 09:10 PM
the Pack and Vikes will split this year... u hear it here first

Rastak
10-24-2006, 09:12 PM
Bring out the broom you heard it here first..... :wink:

gbpackfan
10-24-2006, 09:15 PM
Rastak,

I can't believe YOU are picking the Pack to sweep the Vikes! Wow, you're smarter then I thought! :lol:

Rastak
10-24-2006, 09:22 PM
Rastak,

I can't believe YOU are picking the Pack to sweep the Vikes! Wow, you're smarter then I thought! :lol:

:smile:
In your dreams buddy........

Pacopete4
10-24-2006, 09:22 PM
ive seen some very poor vikings team steal games from a good packers team and Ive seen some poor packer teams steal wins from good viking teams. The playin field some how returns to even when these teams are playing, cant explain it.. but it does. The Vikes have a good D and thats where it ends.. they dont worry me, nor do they worry anyone in the NFC about the playoffs cuz those damn bears

Rastak
10-24-2006, 09:27 PM
ive seen some very poor vikings team steal games from a good packers team and Ive seen some poor packer teams steal wins from good viking teams. The playin field some how returns to even when these teams are playing, cant explain it.. but it does. The Vikes have a good D and thats where it ends.. they dont worry me, nor do they worry anyone in the NFC about the playoffs cuz those damn bears

Yea them damn Bears are tough....I got a ticket to see them in Chicago so I'm pretty fired up. Who knows what will happen, but the Vikings offense played pretty well against Seattle..I, as a homer and as Harvey will attest to, like to think the offensive line has gelled and the playcalling and efficiency has gotten better and they are moving on to bigger and better things.... :smile:

Pacopete4
10-24-2006, 09:30 PM
ya, their Oline is continuing to get better but if a good D stuffs the run you gotta ask yourself this.. whos gonna pass it? love what brad johnson has done for his career, but he is not on a Tampa Bay this season and who is he gonna throw it to? I still think the Packers WR are better at the point we are now with just Driver.

My best buddy is a Vikes fan so we go back and forth on this crapola..

Rastak
10-24-2006, 09:34 PM
ya, their Oline is continuing to get better but if a good D stuffs the run you gotta ask yourself this.. whos gonna pass it? love what brad johnson has done for his career, but he is not on a Tampa Bay this season and who is he gonna throw it to? I still think the Packers WR are better at the point we are now with just Driver.

My best buddy is a Vikes fan so we go back and forth on this crapola..

Sounds like fun.....with you and your buddy there's lots of stuff to talk about, we'll see what happens I guess.... :mrgreen:

GBRulz
10-24-2006, 09:40 PM
I see us beating the Vikes by 3...with Longwell catching the Gary "wide right" Anderson, syndrome and shanks a game tying opportunity :taunt:

mraynrand
10-24-2006, 09:49 PM
The key to "Denny Green" is to stay at least ten feet away. One of his offensive assistants got too close last week and was caught in the gravity vortex, slowly sucked in and now is part of the gravitational anomaly known as "Denny Green." I understand that the "Famine zone" surrounding "Denny Green" has expanded to 200 square miles in the last several years. Some claim that they are having trouble actually seeing the body at the center of the cloud; due to the emerging event horizon, light reflected off "Denny Green" is having difficulty escaping.