PDA

View Full Version : Official Winners & Losers of Week 7

MadtownPacker
10-24-2006, 09:04 PM
By Nutz

The Packers won their second game of the Mike McCarthy era with their victory against the Miami Dolphins on Sunday afternoon. They used a series of big plays throughout the day to overcome a slew of injuries at wide receiver and the late loss of Chad Clifton to the flu.

The Packers relied on some old faces in Brett Favre, Donald Driver, and Ahman Green on offense, and a couple of new faces on defense with AJ Hawk and Charles Woodson leading the way against the pass-happy Dolphins.

Which brings me to my next point....

CLICK HERE FOR ALL THE OFFICIAL WINNERS & LOSERS OF WEEK 7 (http://packerrats.com/)

oregonpackfan
10-24-2006, 09:52 PM
Madtown, I agree with all your winners and losers with half an exception, Daryn Colledge.

I agree that he looked pathetic in the 2 sacks that Traylor made. On the other hand, Colledge made a terrific block that helped spring Green for a 70 yard run.

With some adjustments in the blocking assignments, Colledge did improve after he poor early performance.

We need to cut Colledge a bit of slack in that game for two reasons:

1. He did not know he was going to start until 20 minutes before game time.

2. The guy is a rookie. He was schooled by a all-pro veteran. I am confident Colledge will improve with time.

OPF

HarveyWallbangers
10-24-2006, 10:46 PM
Madtown, I agree with all your winners and losers

By Nutz

HarveyWallbangers
10-24-2006, 10:51 PM
Kabeer Gbaja Biamila - KGB had one tackle and one pressure the whole day against the Dolphins offense. He is basically a “nobody” on this defensive line. Several years ago, KGB was a player that defenses had to account for with double teams or chip blocks, now he is usually played one-on-one by the offensive tackle.

According to Bob McGinn, KGB had 5 pressures.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=522102

"Immobile Joey Harrington dropped back 66 times but the rush was just average from Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila (five pressures) and Aaron Kampman (3 1/2 pressures)."

Noodle
10-24-2006, 11:40 PM
The game stats page on packers.com has KGB with one tackle and two QHs (quaterback hurries) and Kampy with 2 QHs. I guess it depends on what your definition of is is.

red
10-25-2006, 09:45 AM
Madtown, I agree with all your winners and losers with half an exception, Daryn Colledge.

I agree that he looked pathetic in the 2 sacks that Traylor made. On the other hand, Colledge made a terrific block that helped spring Green for a 70 yard run.

With some adjustments in the blocking assignments, Colledge did improve after he poor early performance.

We need to cut Colledge a bit of slack in that game for two reasons:

1. He did not know he was going to start until 20 minutes before game time.

2. The guy is a rookie. He was schooled by a all-pro veteran. I am confident Colledge will improve with time.

OPF

i agree with putting him as a losser

even though he is a rookie, and he was going up against a freak, and even though he did get better.

those were two massive mistakes he made, that came close to lossing us the game, right off the bat

beakerman
10-25-2006, 01:05 PM
Also, he mentions that Ahman Green 70 yard run was his longest since 2003, but he had a run of 90 yards in the Dallas game in 2004 (making him the only NFL player to have 2 90 yard plus TD runs.

MJZiggy
10-25-2006, 01:12 PM
Now there's a cool piece of trivia...

TOP HAT
10-25-2006, 01:20 PM
I am enclined to agree with Nutz.

When I saw DC first out there, I was amazed although not surprised, a onthejob training day by the coaching staff. The massive two mistakes in a row were predictable along with the adjustments.

Second, Moll and Spitz also struggled throughout the game detailed in another postgame article. Sadly, it is expected with these 3 rookies slowly developing into NFL linemen.

Third, the pass rush continues to be average. The Pack pays the price in each game with an average qb looking good against it. Further, it was painful watching predictable Dendy and Collins struggle in the secondary.

Fourth, this coaching staff is also onthejob training with potentially two coordinators not back next year. The play calling, without BF, was predictably average.

The point: fate and veterans intervened on this day in favor of the Pack.

HarveyWallbangers
10-25-2006, 09:17 PM
From packers.com:

On the first play after Ahman Green's 70-yard touchdown run gave the Packers a 27-16 lead, Harris jumped a short out route to Chambers and gambled, trying to make an interception he likely would have returned the distance. He just missed the pick, and Chambers turned the short catch into a 23-yard gain.

Still, it was Chambers' first catch of the day, and he later added an inconsequential 6-yard reception.

"He just mixes it up, his techniques and so forth," defensive backs coach Kurt Schottenheimer said of how Harris is able to keep quality receiver so quiet. "He jams him sometimes, other times he plays a softer-type technique. The thing Al does is he recognizes and feels the top of routes very well, and he just competes so hard."

On Sunday, competing at that level was truly a physical and mental test, with on-field temperatures above 100 degrees and Harrington dropping back to pass 66 times (62 attempts, four sacks).

"Al Harris is a shutdown corner," Head Coach Mike McCarthy said. "When you lock up a guy like Chris Chambers for four quarters in this heat with that many attempts, that's tough duty."