PDA

View Full Version : PFW Quotes Week 7

motife
10-25-2006, 05:40 PM
Random quotes from around the league

Wednesday, Oct. 25, 2006

Vikings QB Brad Johnson, quoted in the St. Paul Pioneer Press on the respect he has for teammate Jermaine Wiggins: “He has an unbelievable knack for the game, he's very smart. He studies and probably has more ideas than anybody else on the team. … If you look at his résumé through high school, college (at Marshall and Georgia) and NFL, you see state championship, national championship, Super Bowl. He's been there. He's had a hard road, and he doesn't take anything for granted. You can bank on him anytime.”

Rams DE Leonard Little, quoted in STLtoday.com on the Rams' 4-2 start this season: “Knowing the players we have on this team, I actually thought when we brought in the players we brought in, that we'd be 6-0 at the bye. … But we're some fighters. That's one thing we are. We'll come back and claw and scratch our way back to the top somehow.”

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, quoted in the Charlotte Observer on the QB controversy that his team is facing: “I've thought the best chance for us to be where we wanted to be, which was continuing in the playoffs, was to go with the experienced quarterback in Drew. … I don't know that I've changed my mind there at all, but we've got to win games and we've got to give ourselves the opportunity.”

Bengals RB Chris Perry, quoted in the Dayton Daily News on finally getting back on the field last Sunday: “They got me out there and let me do a couple things. … Hopefully, in the coming weeks, I can get out there and do a lot more.” Perry went on to say he is not yet 100 percent healthy: “Two days of practice and hop into a game isn't the way you want it to be. … But it's the way it is.”

Jaguars head coach Jack Del Rio, quoted in the (Jacksonville) Ultimate Jaguars Newsroom on Byron Leftwich’s ankle, and the effect it had on him last Sunday: “I brought him in today and looked at a few plays that I had a real concern with. I said if you're feeling this much pain, it's affecting your play; you have to acknowledge that it's sore. I can slow down the tape and watch it, and obviously it was bothering him.”

Tuesday, Oct. 24, 2006

Panthers head coach John Fox as quoted on carolinapanthers.com about whether the Panthers are looking to pass more than run: “At the end of the season, you look at the body of work. Sometimes it’s circumstantial. We were behind there in the fourth quarter. We were doing what we had to do to move the ball, and we did. We just weren’t able to finish and capitalize on it.”

Patriots WR Reche Caldwell, quoted in the Boston Globe on QB Tom Brady’s ability to find receivers after Brady completed passes to seven different players in a 28-6 win over Buffalo in Week Seven: “With Tom, you know that if you are open, he's going to throw you the ball. He's going to hit the open receiver. There's no go-to guy out there. It's just whoever's open, he's going to give them the football.”

Raiders head coach Art Shell, quoted in the San Jose Mercury News on QB Andrew Walter keeping the starting job when Aaron Brooks returns: “I've got a lot of confidence in Andrew, I really do. Brooks has to go to work, has to show us he's capable of doing the things necessary to play the quarterback position, as far as throwing the ball. And we haven't seen that.”

Chargers OLB Shawne Merriman, quoted in the San Diego Union-Tribune on his positive steroids test: “This whole thing that has happened has been a hard process. But I'm dealing with it. … I'm not running from this situation. I'm not running from anybody. I'm going to be straight up and honest from (the start) and try to deal with it accordingly. Hopefully, nobody makes any kind of judgment or anything that makes me guilty for anything, because nothing has been done wrong on my part. I have no reason to do anything wrong, especially when I'm already in the spotlight and doing things and trying to present to people the right and wrong way to go about things. Obviously, this is a mistake that has to be dealt with correctly, and hopefully no judgment is made before anything else comes out
[/url]