PDA

View Full Version : Thank God! WR Fitzgerald out! Other Cardinal info.

gbpackfan
10-25-2006, 09:26 PM
Don't ge me wrong, I don't wish any ill will on Fitz. In fact, I think he is one hell of a player. But since he is already hurt, I don't mind him riding the bench for another week. :smile:

Here's the article. Although I dont think the Cardinals have officially declared him out. He is listed as doubtful on their website.

Fitzgerald Out Again; Warner Out For Good

By Scout.com

Posted Oct 25, 2006

Denny Green is on the hot seat...no kidding. He'll keep his job this week, but after that all bets (unless they are on the Cardinals' opponents to cover) are off; Larry Fitzgerald's hamstring is still tender and he'll likely sit again; Leinart vs. Farve could be real pretty, or pretty ugly.

HOT TOPIC
Coach Dennis Green won't lose his job this week. That's about the only assurances team vice president Michael Bidwill would give this week regarding his coach's job status.
The Cardinals have lost six straight, and the heat is on Green, who has won 12 games in nearly 2 1/2 seasons with the team.
He has a year remaining on his contract, plus a team option for a fifth season. If they fired him, the Cardinals would owe him the balance of this year's contract plus all of next year's salary.
Green makes about $2.5 million a year.
Bidwill, in New Orleans for NFL owners' meetings, called Green and Cardinals Vice President of Football Operations Rod Graves on Monday to discuss the situation.
"What I asked them, frankly, was 'How in the hell did we get to 1-6?'"
Bidwill said. "Close losses don't count. We're 1-6 and we shouldn't be. I wanted to know what we were doing to correct it."
Bidwill also asked the two men to "re-double" their efforts.
Green said he still believes he can turn things around.
"As I've said quite a bit, we've got a lot of people working together. I've tried to play a role in helping us acquire some talent. I think we have good talent; I just think we haven't had as good of fortune as we'd like to have."

PLAYER NOTES
--QB Matt Leinart took a beating last week in Oakland, but he is healthy heading into the Green Bay game this week. Leinart took some hits from the backside, where right tackle Oliver Ross struggled.
--QB Kurt Warner won't play again this year unless there are dire circumstances. He didn't play last week when starter Matt Leinart was struggling, and that was a good time to bring in a backup.
--RB Edgerrin James has yet to gain 100 yards in a game as a Cardinal. Last week, he gained only 34 yards against the Raiders. He rarely had room to run.
--RB J.J. Arrington rarely plays. He has good speed and might be able to give this team a different look, should it ever run the ball competently.
--WR Anquan Boldin didn't touch the ball against the Raiders until the Cardinals were down 17-0. Boldin wasn't open that much, and Matt Leinart, under pressure, had trouble getting him the ball.
--WR Larry Fitzgerald probably won't return this week from a pulled hamstring. Fitzgerald has missed two games, and it probably would be wise to hold him out this seek and have him return Nov. 12, after a bye.
--WR Bryant Johnson is a solid player who just doesn't get the ball much. Johnson has good speed but he is not a focal point of the offense.
--WR Troy Walters is the No. 3 receiver with Larry Fitzgerald out with injury, but he's not going to get more than two or three receptions a game.
--TE Leonard Pope should develop into a solid all-around player. He needs to improve his blocking, and he's already a good receiver.
--TE Adam Bergen is an effective receiver, but he needs a lot of work as a blocker.

BF4MVP
10-25-2006, 09:49 PM
Phew

Little Whiskey
10-26-2006, 03:54 PM
dammit!!!!............he is on my fantasy team.

Green Bud Packer
10-26-2006, 04:03 PM
in my opinion the cardinals are a team playing like a wounded animal.if the pack can grab a lead the cards will probably fold.keep them in the game and they might find the will to win. i'm glad this game is in lambeau.

Brando19
10-26-2006, 08:02 PM
in my opinion the cardinals are a team playing like a wounded animal.if the pack can grab a lead the cards will probably fold.keep them in the game and they might find the will to win. i'm glad this game is in lambeau.

We're 2 for 3 on the road and 0 and 3 at Lambeau...so homefield definitely doesn't matter.

mmmdk
10-26-2006, 08:23 PM

We're 2 for 3 on the road and 0 and 3 at Lambeau...so homefield definitely doesn't matter.

Yeah, what's with that homefield advantage. Sherman killed the Lambeau playoff legends and since the new Lambeau it's more losing than winning. I think it's simply a matter of the actual talent on field. Anyone see it differently?

FavreChild
10-26-2006, 09:24 PM
The crowd at Lambeau will be kinder than the reception Denny Green would get from his own fans...

Fritz
10-28-2006, 02:26 PM
I'm afraid it's going to be closer than we'd like. The Pack needs to exert pressure on both the Ar. run game and the QB. We need defensive pressure from the line, so the Arizona receivers don't have time to get open.

If this happens and if the GB offense takes care of the ball, a win is possible. But give Leinert any time and commit a couple of turnovers and all of a sudden we're on the short end of the stick.