PDA

View Full Version : MOST VERSATILE ALL AROUND PLAYER IN THE NFL ?

Bretsky
10-26-2006, 09:07 AM
Got to thinking who the best Jack of all trades is in the NFL. Hate to admit it because I hate this player, but my vote goes to Brian Urlacher.

Thoughts to ponder

He's a very good MLB
He could probably excel as an OLB as well
If he'd drop 10-15lbs I think he'd be a good safety
I also think he'd be a very good TE

Wondering if there are others out there who we could throw into the same group or argue as better than the Beardude.

MJZiggy
10-26-2006, 09:20 AM
Currently? because as much as I hated him, there was a lot Deion Sanders used to do.

Bretsky
10-26-2006, 09:43 AM
Currently? because as much as I hated him, there was a lot Deion Sanders used to do.

I was thinking current, but in all honestly let's make this most versatile NFL player of ALL TIME. If enough people get involved some PR's might learn something.

SO ANYONE FEEL FREE TO MAKE THEIR CASE FOR A PLAYER

B

HarveyWallbangers
10-26-2006, 09:51 AM
Urlacher is a stud. I'm not sure Shawne Merriman wouldn't be in the same class. Well, if I hadn't found out he was juiced up. Champ Bailey would rank up there. Return man, receiver, corner, could play safety. Antonio Gates is a freak athletically. I wonder if he could play LB. He can play TE, WR, basketball.

MJZiggy
10-26-2006, 10:23 AM
What about some of the old Lombardi-era guys? Didn't they used to do everything?

Bretsky
10-26-2006, 10:26 AM
What about some of the old Lombardi-era guys? Didn't they used to do everything?

I think I'm going to start another thread on the past. I hope to learn from that thread about some of the best in the past.

OS PA
10-26-2006, 10:49 AM
When I read the question I instantly though of LT. He's an amazing runner, passer, catcher, i'm sure he'd be a special teams stud both at tackling and returning. He'd make a hell of a middle linebacker too if he had time in the system.

Spaulding
10-26-2006, 10:51 AM
If his career hadn't been cut short by injury this guy could have done anything he wanted to with his size, speed and ability to make guys miss. On offense he could have played any skill position short of quarterback.

On defense probably any of the linebacking positions or even strong safety. Then again I have no idea what his tackling skills would have been.

Otherwise, if going back further I'd have to say Jim Brown. He was a man amongst men.

Partial
10-26-2006, 12:27 PM
i'm pretty sure TO is going to take the cake on this one.

ahaha
10-26-2006, 12:50 PM
Troy Brown. Receiver, DB, returner, kick coverage. In this day and age of specialization in the NFL, his ability to play all areas well is quite impressive.

Tarlam!
10-26-2006, 01:17 PM
Of all time or just now??

MJZiggy
10-26-2006, 01:32 PM

But what else can TO do besides catch passes and run his mouth?? Oh yeah. I forgot. Situps.

Partial
10-26-2006, 01:51 PM

But what else can TO do besides catch passes and run his mouth?? Oh yeah. I forgot. Situps.

I dunno, I think he'd be pretty great at just about every position except offensive line or defensive tackle.

BF4MVP
10-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Clarence "Ace" Parker..The oldest living member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame..Here's a little blurb:

Ace wasn't exceptionally fast anyway, but he continued doing just what he had always done – running, passing, catching passes, punting, placekicking, returning punts and kickoffs and playing defense. The Brooklyn Dodgers of the early 1940s were a constant threat to the New York Giants and Washington Redskins for supremacy in their division and Parker was the guiding force of the Dodgers attack.
When I read that list of all the things he did, it kinda made me go :shock:

Also, I apologize if this is only supposed to be for NOW...I'm confused :?:

digitaldean
10-26-2006, 02:31 PM
Got to thinking who the best Jack of all trades is in the NFL. Hate to admit it because I hate this player, but my vote goes to Brian Urlacher.

Thoughts to ponder

He's a very good MLB
He could probably excel as an OLB as well
If he'd drop 10-15lbs I think he'd be a good safety
I also think he'd be a very good TE

Wondering if there are others out there who we could throw into the same group or argue as better than the Beardude.

I believe that at one time Urlacher was a safety at Univ. of New Mexico.

]{ilr]3
10-26-2006, 02:36 PM
When I read the question I instantly though of LT. He's an amazing runner, passer, catcher, i'm sure he'd be a special teams stud both at tackling and returning. He'd make a hell of a middle linebacker too if he had time in the system.

When concidering RB's I would lean tword Brian Westbrook. Last week they guy had over 100 yards rushing and 100 yards receiving. If it wasnt for his questionable toughness he'd have to get a lot of respect in this matter.