PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to my first Packers game! Any tailgaiting tips?

Reggie 92
10-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Hi Packers Nation, can I pick your brains for a minute?
-Can you grill out when you park in lawns?
-If not, is there a general public parking area that is good for grilling out and throwing a football around? I've heard the lot at Lambeau is for season tix holders only, is that right?

I'm bringing Johnsonville Brats, Busch beans, beer, beer, and beer.

Any suggestions beyong the brats, beans and beer?

Go Packers!!! I'm so stoked!

Denny "The Nutty Professor" Green is gonna blow a head gasket after Favre carves his team up...I can't wait!!!

Thanks for any suggestions/comments :D

CaptainKickass
10-26-2006, 02:57 PM
You might wanna gets your priorities straight 1st.

For example:

You said "I'm bringing Johnsonville Brats, Busch beans, beer, beer, and beer."

If you're going to your 1st game and tailgating - then the above statement should reflect a priority more in line with that of a true Wisconsin Packer fan. See the revised version below:

"I'm bringing beer, beer, more beer, Johnsonville Brats, Busch beans, beer, and beer."

Got it?

Now go have a great time!

:mrgreen: :D

Murphy37
10-26-2006, 03:47 PM
Everytime I have gone to a Packer game, I have said to myself afterwards, "Man we should have got there even earlier." And I usually arrive before 9:00 am. The pregame atmosphere around Lambeau is undescribable joy for a Packer fan. So make sure you get there bright and early. Oh yeah, and try not to soil yourself.

HarveyWallbangers
10-26-2006, 03:47 PM
You can pretty much drink and grill anywhere.

Little Whiskey
10-26-2006, 03:51 PM
I'd suggest arriving early.....and staying late. make sure you have enough beer......errrrr....food to make it that long.

I usually park in the moose lodge and walk to the stadium. if you join, they will let you into the club house so if it rains you can hang out after the game and watch the second game on their big screen.

oh ya don't forget the beer for the brats!!! you should have said beer, beer, beer, beer, and more beer!

woodbuck27
10-26-2006, 04:01 PM
This Forum is alot of help for you.

I just hope you see a Packer Victory and given OUR status at WR if your a Spiritual Man?

:idea: I'd advise that along with all that beer and 'the Brats' you bring a really good prayer book. :mrgreen:

ND72
10-26-2006, 05:28 PM
when we go, we always park at the ACE hardware on Ridge Road, cause there usually aren't that many cars parked there, and always lots of space to grill and enjoy the day. Get there early, and have some fun.

GBRulz
10-26-2006, 06:28 PM
Reggie...there is been a thread going on already with alot of good tailgating tips and stuff for people that are going to the game this weekend.

have a great time!

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=4418&start=0

Reggie 92
10-27-2006, 01:49 AM
A big thank you to everyone who responded, I appreciate it!

:D

Since it's a noon game I think I'll stick around for a couple hours after the game and soak it all in.

Go Packers! Thanks again!

Partial
10-27-2006, 06:51 AM
You might wanna gets your priorities straight 1st.

For example:

You said "I'm bringing Johnsonville Brats, Busch beans, beer, beer, and beer."

If you're going to your 1st game and tailgating - then the above statement should reflect a priority more in line with that of a true Wisconsin Packer fan. See the revised version below:

"I'm bringing beer, beer, more beer, Johnsonville Brats, Busch beans, beer, and beer."

Got it?

Now go have a great time!

:mrgreen: :D

:lol:

GoPack06
10-27-2006, 08:16 AM
bring beer. pee before you go in the game.

MJZiggy
10-27-2006, 08:26 AM
bring beer. pee before you go in the game.

Spoken like someone with a story to tell...