04-21-2006, 09:07 PM
#1 Houston Texans - Reggie Bush
#2 N.O. Saints - Mario Williams
#3 Tennessee - Matt Leinart
#4 NY Jets - D'Brick Ferguson

Now on the clock, #5 Green Bay Packers...make your votes

b bulldog
04-21-2006, 09:08 PM
I voted for Davis but Hawk wouldn't be bad either.

Bretsky
04-21-2006, 09:52 PM
I voted for Davis but Hawk wouldn't be bad either.

frickin Wolverine fan just can't give the superior athletes and team their due

b bulldog
04-21-2006, 09:55 PM
O St has the better coach at the moment

ND72
04-21-2006, 10:08 PM
KEEP THE VOTES COMIN! I'm off for the night, but wanna leave this go for a while since we all should have an opinion..this is our pick.

b bulldog
04-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Nick, did you vote for Ngata??

Chubbyhubby
04-21-2006, 10:11 PM
I am going to say Ngata. Cause he a very good NT and the Packers will stun the whole state of Wisconsin of doing the unexpected.

ND72
04-21-2006, 10:11 PM
I'm AJ Hawk all the way!

Bretsky
04-21-2006, 10:19 PM
I am going to say Ngata. Cause he a very good NT and the Packers will stun the whole state of Wisconsin of doing the unexpected.

The Ngata pick would make me absolutely sick. An oversized potentially dominating lazy players who consistently dogged it in college. Just what Green Bay needs now that Cledius Hunt is gone.

Harlan Huckleby
04-21-2006, 10:31 PM
you chicken shits.

the team is gonna suck for a couple years anyway. Roll the dice! Have some vote! Vince Young!

ND72
04-22-2006, 07:19 AM
If we draft Ngata or Young, i've said before...i will first throw my beer....then punch one of my buddies at our party, then drive to lambeau, find thompson and kick him square in the balls.

Tarlam!
04-22-2006, 07:23 AM
TT was a LB when he played, so, I don't buy the deal where LB's don't get drafted until 11th with him...

Bretsky
04-22-2006, 08:17 AM
O St has the better coach at the moment

better coach
better players
nicer fans

Bretsky
04-22-2006, 08:19 AM
you chicken shits.

the team is gonna suck for a couple years anyway. Roll the dice! Have some vote! Vince Young!

They don't have to suck for a couple years Harlan. In free agency you can get competitive very fast.....................IF.............you choose to.

MJZiggy
04-22-2006, 10:13 AM
If we draft Ngata or Young, i've said before...i will first throw my beer....then punch one of my buddies at our party, then drive to lambeau, find thompson and kick him square in the balls.I hear the war room's got a pretty solid lock on the door...

Charles Woodson
04-22-2006, 10:19 AM
If we draft Ngata or Young, i've said before...i will first throw my beer....then punch one of my buddies at our party, then drive to lambeau, find thompson and kick him square in the balls.I hear the war room's got a pretty solid lock on the door...

Fuck the lock. Ill be fine with maybe young if hawk or davis or williams arent avalible but if we take da brick ill be there right with u ND. But ull have to give me some time to fly up to green bay from miami :twisted:

RashanGary
04-22-2006, 10:25 AM
I really like Ngata but I also know he has some major injury concern. If I knew he would have a healthy 10 year career I would take him over Hawk without question. Ngata is a true difference maker and one of the toughest pieces to find.

Charles Woodson
04-22-2006, 10:36 AM
I really like Ngata but I also know he has some major injury concern. If I knew he would have a healthy 10 year career I would take him over Hawk without question. Ngata is a true difference maker and one of the toughest pieces to find.

I dont think so. Imo i think ngata will be a decent DT, but nothing special. Hawk would be a much more difference maker imo

Bretsky
04-22-2006, 12:15 PM

I have no idea why you are so high on Ngata. Talented underachieving lazy player.

ND72
04-22-2006, 01:56 PM
so far it is looking like AJ is the man...but if we have any that haven't voted, please do...don't be afraid to voice your opinion.

MadtownPacker
04-22-2006, 02:27 PM
TRADE DOWN!!!!! Gank Al Davis and still get Mighty Whitey (Hawk)!! The Niners arent taking him, bet they will take Davis for A Smith to throw to.

ND72
04-22-2006, 04:05 PM
why would the raiders trade up for VY? we won't take him, 9ers won't take him, so he falls to them without losing anything.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-22-2006, 04:11 PM
Michael fucking Huff!!!

MJZiggy
04-22-2006, 04:19 PM
Michael fucking Huff!!!

As opposed to Jerome Dammit Huff?

CyclonePackFan
04-22-2006, 04:19 PM
TRADE DOWN!!!!! Gank Al Davis and still get Mighty Whitey (Hawk)!! The Niners arent taking him, bet they will take Davis for A Smith to throw to.

If A.J. Hawk is there, the 49ers WILL take him. They lost their best LB.

Joemailman
04-22-2006, 07:05 PM
It will probably be Hawk, but it could still be D'Brick or Mario.

ND72
04-22-2006, 10:44 PM
I seriously love how people sound disappointed that we potentially could have the best linebacker, playmaker and defensive player in the draft with AJ Hawk. it just amazes me.

retailguy
04-22-2006, 10:51 PM
I seriously love how people sound disappointed that we potentially could have the best linebacker, playmaker and defensive player in the draft with AJ Hawk. it just amazes me.

One linebacker by himself is NOT a game changer. LB's, no matter the position they play, NEED HELP. Who's gonna do that? They need TWO mammoth tackles and they don't have them. Pickett will be OK. OK isn't good enough to make AJ Hawk and Barnett stars.

I like Hawk, don't get me wrong, but a LB is not a good value that high for what TT is building. Now watch him prove me wrong.... :roll:

ND72
04-22-2006, 10:53 PM
could NOT disagree more. I know they need help, but the second Ray Lewis got on the field, Baltimore was better. The second Derrick Brooks got on the field, Tampa became better. The second Urlacher got on the field the bears became better. I know they need help to improve, but so does every single position on the field. the fact is 1 guy can make a huge difference, and Hawk is exactly what the defense needs right now.

retailguy
04-22-2006, 11:17 PM
ND,

If you're honest, even you will have to admit, that it makes more sense for New Orleans to draft Hawk than it does for us. the saints have a great line, and Hawk would benefit from that.

We have an AVERAGE line, and Hawk will look AVERAGE behind it. Yes, he might make the d look better, but so could a lot of guys that we don't need to pick at #5.

That's my point. Has VERY LITTLE to do with Hawk. It just is not the right time for the right player for pick #5.

thats why I think TT should trade down. There is too much value in this draft to come away with ONE player.

Fritz
04-23-2006, 08:09 AM
Trade down. If you can slide to #7 or #8 and get an extra high second rounder, do it. If you have to slide into the teens, get an extra second and third rounder.

Trade down. If it's to #7 or 8 I believe Hawk might still be there. If not, there are lots and lots of good linebackers to be had in this draft. Hodge, Sims, Carpenter, Greenway. Hawk ain't the only guy.

Bretsky
04-23-2006, 08:14 AM
Trade down. If you can slide to #7 or #8 and get an extra high second rounder, do it. If you have to slide into the teens, get an extra second and third rounder.

Trade down. If it's to #7 or 8 I believe Hawk might still be there. If not, there are lots and lots of good linebackers to be had in this draft. Hodge, Sims, Carpenter, Greenway. Hawk ain't the only guy.

Not the only one, but I think he's the one a step above the rest.

This all comes down to trying to fill multiple holes or trying to get a star and hope TT finds ways to fill holes. I want the star.

I think San Fran will be licking their chops if Hawk is somehow at 6; if not Davis is their backup plan. And I still don't buy Oakland trading up from 7 unless they think GB is drafting Vince Young. Buffalo at 8 needs a mammouth DL the best NG will be there for them. If we do trade down I think we're likely going into double digit selections, and there we'll get a player much less likely to be a star than AJ Hawk.

ND72
04-23-2006, 08:56 AM
I know this isn't a Green Bay website, but it's pretty cool...check it out

http://www.chicagobears.com/draft/2006draftcentral_skin2.html

mraynrand
04-10-2016, 02:02 PM
No Wist to be seen anywhere in this thread. But many wanted Davis, and one wanted Ngata. Going back ten years! Yikes.

woodbuck27
04-10-2016, 03:27 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/3599/haloti-ngata

" Lions re-signed DT Haloti Ngata to a two-year, $12 million contract.

Ngata has been expected to sign an extension since he was acquired in a trade on the first day of free agency last year, but it is just now getting done. Ngata was limited to 14 games last season, but he remained an effective player when on the field. Even on the decline, Ngata remains a force inside. " Mar 9 - 3:24 PM

pbmax
04-10-2016, 03:49 PM
Well, ChubbyHubby wins this mock draft. NickCollins/JustinHarrell comes in 2nd.

Deputy Nutz
04-11-2016, 09:49 AM
Ngata was the best player looking back on that draft. Hawk was a standard middle of the road player in the NFL. I still would have taken Hawk over just about every other top ten player in this draft.

Fritz
04-11-2016, 10:56 AM
Wow, how wrong so many people were about Ngata! Lazy! Injury-prone!

And I just wanna toot my own horn . . . trading down sounds better in retrospect than the respectable but not great career of Hawk, though of course they might've traded down and gotten two lumps instead of just Hawk. But why not take credit anyway?

Guiness
04-11-2016, 11:04 AM
Looking back, Davis vs Hawk, which was the major debate at the time, turns out to have been a wash. Neither ended up being barn burners, Davis probably a bit more impactful at times, but Hawk showed up for work a lot more often.

Of the LBs mentioned in the OP, Greenway was probably the best. D'Qwell Jackson was also drafted that year, in the 2nd round.

With the benefit of hindsight, the guy in the top 10 you wanted was Donte Whitner.

mraynrand
04-11-2016, 11:35 AM
Looking back, Davis vs Hawk, which was the major debate at the time, turns out to have been a wash. Neither ended up being barn burners, Davis probably a bit more impactful at times, but Hawk showed up for work a lot more often.

One thing of which I am certain: no one in 2006 used 'impactful.' Oh, for those simpler, better days of yesteryear!

Joemailman
04-11-2016, 04:13 PM

Of the LBs mentioned in the OP, Greenway was probably the best. D'Qwell Jackson was also drafted that year, in the 2nd round.

With the benefit of hindsight, the guy in the top 10 you wanted was Donte Whitner.

Shows how much of a crapshoot this is. The Bills were roundly criticized for drafting Whitner that high. He was a "2nd round prospect at best".