PDA

View Full Version : The "Burger King" is a a Cowboys Fan!

]{ilr]3
10-27-2006, 08:19 PM
Because of this incident:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061027/ap_on_fe_st/fbn_cowboys_rat_in_salad

DALLAS - Dallas Cowboys assistant coach Todd Haley is suing a suburban McDonald's, claiming his wife and the family's live-in baby sitter found a dead rat in a salad they took home and began to eat.

ADVERTISEMENT

The lawsuit filed Thursday in state district court seeks $1.7 million in damages, The Dallas Morning News reported on its Web site.

In addition to Haley, the Cowboys' passing game coordinator who got in a well-publicized shouting match with receiver Terrell Owens earlier this month, the suit was also filed on behalf of his wife Christine and the family's au pair, Kathryn Kelley.

The Burger King has decided its time for the Clown to pay! :twisted:
http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/1166/ronaldgetsshow2we4.gif
:twisted: :evil: :shock: :razz: :cool: :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
10-27-2006, 11:08 PM

:lol:

Rastak
10-27-2006, 11:56 PM

That's too cool..

chewy-bacca
10-28-2006, 08:17 AM

Tarlam!
10-29-2006, 06:11 AM
I am very close to the McD organisation. This whole affair pisses me off to the MAX.

Guiness
10-29-2006, 07:43 AM
Wow - TO finds another way to get ink. The article devoted almost as much space to his and Haley's fight as it did to the suposed topic.

Wonder wtf happened here -> when incidents like this occur, you always have to take them with a grain of salt. Remember the Wendy's 'finger in the chili' incident? Although I don't particularly like the food and avoid McD's, their cleanliness standards are certainly up to snuff - I'm never concerned when I walk into one. Well, concerned about getting bland food perhaps, but that's all.

This one is weird. I wouldn't think the coach needs the money.

Why does it tick you off Tarlam?

Fritz
10-29-2006, 08:34 AM
I am very close to the McD organisation. This whole affair pisses me off to the MAX.

So why are you pissed, Tarlam? Because there was a rat in the guy's salad? Because he's sueing? Because there was no rat and the guy's lying? Because Burger King shot Ronald McDonald in the face? Tell us more.

Tarlam!
10-29-2006, 11:11 AM
There is NO WAY a McD restaurant served "Rat" in a salad, unless some crew-kid wanted to do that.

So, not even by "accident" is is such an inident even remotely pssible. It can only be malice.

That sincerely pisses me off.

You might ask how I know. I am a sports idiot. I am a McDonald's expert. I know Nuthin 'bout BK et All.

ahaha
10-29-2006, 11:56 AM
I hate Burger King. I think they have the worst service, out of all fast food franchises, by a landslide. F@#k the King! I'd like to see Ronald McDonald's posse catch up with him. A video of Grimace going "Pesci" on his head while it's stuck in a vice grip.

Guiness
10-30-2006, 11:33 AM
There is NO WAY a McD restaurant served "Rat" in a salad, unless some crew-kid wanted to do that.

So, not even by "accident" is is such an inident even remotely pssible. It can only be malice.

You might ask how I know. I am a sports idiot. I am a McDonald's expert. I know Nuthin 'bout BK et All.

Meh - you're probably right about it being sabotage. I'm ignorant of how McD's salads are made. Assembled on site, or shipped pre-made from the 'factory'?
I don't think it matters - a rat wouldn't slip through either process unaided.

Insects, hair, etc might occasionally, but a rat is pretty big - lol

It happened to a celebrity. My guess is some kid (a Redskin fan perhaps?) working there knew a 'boys coach sometimes stopped by for a bite, and had the sucker waiting for him.

McDonalds fault in this was an underwhelming reaction. They're certainly big enough to have contingency plans in place, and should've mobilized the troups to stop a PR nightmare. The manager going over and saying "We'll see what we can do" isn't acceptable.

Tyrone Bigguns
10-30-2006, 01:07 PM

Meh - you're probably right about it being sabotage. I'm ignorant of how McD's salads are made. Assembled on site, or shipped pre-made from the 'factory'?
I don't think it matters - a rat wouldn't slip through either process unaided.

Insects, hair, etc might occasionally, but a rat is pretty big - lol

It happened to a celebrity. My guess is some kid (a Redskin fan perhaps?) working there knew a 'boys coach sometimes stopped by for a bite, and had the sucker waiting for him.

McDonalds fault in this was an underwhelming reaction. They're certainly big enough to have contingency plans in place, and should've mobilized the troups to stop a PR nightmare. The manager going over and saying "We'll see what we can do" isn't acceptable.

C'mon. A redskin fan in Dallas? Not a chance.

As for planting it. Highly doubtful that it would be done because he/she was a celebrity. If it was the drive thru, how would they know? It was his wife. If it was in line, how many cashiers would recognize the wife and then be able to grab the "special" salad and give it to her. Was the whole crew in on the setup?

Did one of the crew drop the rat in the salad, most likely, but to think they were targetting someone is ridiculous.

Either way, MickeyD's is responsible for their employees' actions.

BTW, I could tell you horror stories about the food that is served in restaurants. Let's just say that the customer wasn't pleased when she discovered a roach in her omelete when I worked at the Fess back in the early 90s. Or the customer who discovered a joint in her salad at TGIFridays.