PDA

View Full Version : Wroten fails test

b bulldog
04-21-2006, 09:32 PM
Claude Wroten failed his drug test at the combine along with one other player.(a K :oops: ) Maybe this drops him into round three where he would be a steal.

ND72
04-21-2006, 09:36 PM
OUCH...that's no good.

RashanGary
04-21-2006, 09:38 PM
a k :oops: ??????

K-town
From the Journal-Sentinel draft coverage:

5. Claude Wroten LSU 6-2 302
• The lowdown: Junior college transfer who had two stellar years with the Tigers. But his stock took huge hit when he was arrested for possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute on Jan. 4. Charges were eventually dismissed for "legal reasons." By that time, though, Wroten had been thrown out of the Senior Bowl and many teams took him off their draft boards altogether. He didn't help himself when he came across as a "phony" in several interviews at the NFL Combine. He does have great explosiveness, can be a disruptive force in the backfield and draws many comparisons to Chicago's Tommie Harris. But the bad will outweigh the good with several teams.
• Wroten, on his drug arrest: "I let my parents, my team, my whole family down. I shouldn't have even been around it. This is the first time I've ever done something like that, and the last time. I've just got to prove to everyone that I let down that it's not me."
• Projection: Second round.

Since the combine was in February, apparently he DIDN'T learn anything from his arrest. This guy has credibility issues. Could be this years Antaj Hawthorne.

b bulldog
SORRY, a kICKER.