PDA

View Full Version : Lady's Choice Week 8

GrnBay007
10-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Tough week for making picks in the NFL last week. For anyone playing survival pools there was probably big numbers lost last week by those that took Jacksonville. We won't talk about my record last week...because I said so. haha On to week 8…

Remember, teams with the (-) are the favorite and the amount of points listed are according to USATodaySports.

Baltimore at New Orleans (-1 ½): The Saints, 5-1, who’da thought? Jamal Lewis has not gained more than 86 Yards in any game this season, plus the Ravens let offensive coordinator Jim Fassel go last week. The Saints won 2 in a row. I think they make it 3.
New Orleans win.

Seattle at Kansas City (-6): The Seahawks without Matt Hasselbeck and starting Seneca Wallace on the road. Doesn’t sound promising.
Kansas City wins.

Atlanta at Cincinnati (-4): Vick threw a career high 4 TD’s last week in an OT win over Pittsburgh. I think Carson Palmer is going to turn it on this game.
Cincinnati wins.

San Francisco at Chicago (-16): Yes, they still need to play the game. But one of these weeks the Bears will say,” oops”. They’re good, but I don’t see them going undefeated. Rat Lock of the week.
Chicago wins.

Jacksonville at Philadelphia (-7 ½): Jacksonville suffered an embarrassing loss to Houston last week so they should be playing tough. McNabb will test Jacksonville's 11th-ranked passing defense.
Philadelphia wins.

Houston at Tennessee (-3): Hey, both of these teams looked good in their last game and pulled off an upset. This is a highly competitive game between two teams looking to fight their way out of the cellar in the AFC South. An interesting bit of info….David Carr has completed 70% of his passes, has the league's fourth-highest passer rating (97.9) and -- get this -- has been sacked only once in past two games. What the heck…
Houston wins.

Tampa Bay at NY Giants (-9): The Giants with a 3 game win streak are forced to make some adjustments on a defense which has been playing at a high level to date. Can they make enough adjustments to beat the Buccaneers? Yep.
NY Giants win.

St. Louis at San Diego (-9 ½) : Chargers focus on running the ball? I think so. Rams are letting opponents average 121 yards per game and 4.5 an attempt. Look for the Rams to cover the points though…closer game than you would think.
San Diego wins.

Pittsburgh (-9) at Oakland: The Steelers are feeling a little desperate sitting at 2-4 and what a better team to play to make it 3-4? Charlie Batch will be just fine filling in for Big Ben.
Pittsburgh wins.

Indianapolis at Denver (-3): Wow, should be a great football game to watch. Should this game be labeled “Top Offense VS Top Defense”? Denver’s defense has held its fifth straight opponent to single digits. Will Peyton crumble? I don’t think so.
Indianapolis wins.

NY Jets at Cleveland (-2): Jets rookie RB Leon Washington has rushed for over 100 yards in two of the last three games. The Browns rank dead last in the league in offense. Will the firing of offensive coordinator Carthon be just what they need? Maybe, but not in this game.
Jets win.

Dallas at Carolina (-5): Tony Romo will make his first career start for the Cowboys. The Panthers haven’t had much time to get a game plan together for a new QB. Will it matter? I don’t think so.
Carolina wins.

New England (-1 ½) at Minnesota: Patriots are favored on the road. You don’t know how it pains me to say this, but this is the upset game of the week.
Minnesota wins.

Arizona at Green Bay (-3): Green Bay has struggled at home this season, opening its home schedule with three consecutive losses for the second time in three years. But it hasn't started 0-4 at Lambeau Field since 1986. Matt Leinart looks to be a fine NFL QB someday. I’m sure he will enjoy watching Favre work his magic at Lambeau Field as he throws 3 TD passes on Sunday. This is the pick by the spread of the week. Packers will win by over 3 pts on Sunday.
Green Bay wins.

FavreChild
10-29-2006, 10:37 AM
So are you only picking the GB vs. ARI game ATS? The other picks are all straight up?

Just asking for clarification purposes. :wink:

GrnBay007
yes, the others are all straight up

ahaha
Vikes over the Pats? I'm just not seeing it. If it happens, I'll bow down to your football acumen. I'd take the Bucs as the upset of the week over the Giants.

GrnBay007
10-29-2006, 10:39 AM
Vikes over the Pats? I'm just not seeing it. If it happens, I'll bow down to your football acumen.

LOL if that happens I'll be sure to say, "on your knees baby" :wink:

FavreChild
10-29-2006, 10:42 AM
I foresee many upsets this week, including MIN as a strong possibility. Not saying it *will* happen, but I won't be the least bit surprised if it does.

I like Denver over Indy, for one. But I won't be surprised to see any team win this week, other than OAK (vs. Pitt) or SF (vs. CHI).

Should be a fun slate of games today.

Rastak
10-29-2006, 10:56 AM
Vikes over the Pats? I'm just not seeing it. If it happens, I'll bow down to your football acumen. I'd take the Bucs as the upset of the week over the Giants.

Vikings Patriots should be a very close game and home field might tip the balance. Honestly, it's a game the Vikings can afford to lose but one that could provide a real boost of confidence if they win.

vince
10-29-2006, 11:02 AM
There are some awesome female posters on this site. :bow:

Is that a sexist statement?

Rastak
10-29-2006, 11:14 AM

It would have if you had followed it up with some adjectives or statements like:

amazing
who'd a thunk it
can you believe it
I never would have thought

Tarlam!
10-29-2006, 11:17 AM

Awesome.

Female.

Awesome female.

Hmmm?

Rastak
10-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Your picks were as bad as mine.....*sigh*

I thought I was rolling earlier but it didn't quite turn out. I hope you pick up one on Monday....

FavreChild
10-29-2006, 07:36 PM
I picked Atlanta and Baltimore, but honked PIT like everyone else. And Philly, too, but I was rooting against them anyway. :twisted:

Rastak
10-29-2006, 07:37 PM
I picked Atlanta and Baltimore, but honked PIT like everyone else. And Philly, too, but I was rooting against them anyway. :twisted:

Yup, consolation prize.....

GrnBay007
10-30-2006, 07:58 AM

I thought I was rolling earlier but it didn't quite turn out. I hope you pick up one on Monday....

HA! I bet you do!!

I need that to go 7-7.

mngolf19
10-30-2006, 12:42 PM

HA! I bet you do!!

I need that to go 7-7.

C'mon 7-7. :wink: