PDA

View Full Version : Favre wants the TD Pass...

POLISHHAWK
10-29-2006, 05:11 PM
Be honest, was our coach trying to get Farve's TD pass total a little higher today? I'm not against it, but 1st and goal... throw a TD to a triple covered TE??? He was really looking hard for a pass on his rushing TD too when he could have charged the goal line immediately.
I love to see TD passes, but not at the cost of a turnover...
I guess that's what makes Brett Brett. Keeps a guy on the edge of his seat.

GO PACKERS!!!!

billy_oliver880
10-29-2006, 05:13 PM
Be honest, was our coach trying to get Favre's TD pass total a little higher today? I'm not against it, but 1st and goal... throw a TD to a triple covered TE??? He was really looking hard for a pass on his rushing TD too when he could have charged the goal line immediately.

GO PACKERS!!!!

He wasn't open enough for you? I think you can't run it every down!

Brando19
10-29-2006, 05:43 PM
Maybe a dumb question...but oh well...does Favre's rushing TD count for Favre's chase at Marino's record?

Brainerd
10-29-2006, 05:47 PM
Maybe a dumb question...but oh well...does Favre's rushing TD count for Favre's chase at Marino's record?
No.

vince
10-29-2006, 05:47 PM
Be honest, was our coach trying to get Favre's TD pass total a little higher today? I'm not against it, but 1st and goal... throw a TD to a triple covered TE??? He was really looking hard for a pass on his rushing TD too when he could have charged the goal line immediately.

GO PACKERS!!!!
That's ridiculous. If that was the case, why did they run the rest of them in?A score is a score. You get them however you can. When your oponent thinks you're going to zig, you zag.

Brett did have an easy run in early on his TD, but he has more confidence in his arms than legs. And while we could see it on TV, he obviously didn't because he was looking for a receiver, not a running lane. When he did run, he got in, so it's a moot point.

The Leaper
10-29-2006, 06:26 PM
I like McCarthy giving Favre one chance at a TD when he is down close to the endzone. The record is meaningful...and McCarthy recognizes that. Favre has shown that he is willing to throw the ball away when nothing is there...or like he did today throw it where the only guy who even has the slimmest chance of grabbing it is a Packer. Since Favre hasn't made any stupid errors down there, and is being careful with the ball, McCarthy is giving him chances to toss a TD pass.

I love that about McCarthy...and I know the players appreciate it even more.

Jimx29
10-29-2006, 09:55 PM

GO PACKERS!!!!The same could be said that why did Brett handoff the ball to Green for those two short runs when he very well could of tossed a TD?