PDA

View Full Version : Youtube removes Packers highlight clips

packers11
10-29-2006, 08:48 PM
I went to click the dolphins / packers game highlight review, since the arizona one was not up yet, well it looks like youtube removed all the highlights....
"This video has been removed due to copyright infringement. "

:cry: I really liked the dolphins one that the packer fan put together... It was like 10 min long.... :sad:

btw : I was looking for the kid that put up the vids....
"This user account is suspended." :roll:

digitaldean
10-29-2006, 08:59 PM
I went to click the dolphins / packers game highlight review, since the arizona one was not up yet, well it looks like youtube removed all the highlights....
"This video has been removed due to copyright infringement. "

:cry: I really liked the dolphins one that the packer fan put together... It was like 10 min long.... :sad:

btw : I was looking for the kid that put up the vids....
"This user account is suspended." :roll:

BOOOOOOO!!!!!

The long arm of the NFL strikes again! :smack:

Willard
10-29-2006, 09:08 PM
That's too bad. I really enjoyed the GB-MIA video. That guy did nice work, and he even thanked the NFL, the GBP, and the MD. Apparently it isn't enough just to thank the league....bummer....

Lurker64
10-29-2006, 09:09 PM
My suspicion is that since Google owns YouTube now, they're going to be a lot harsher on copyright infringement issues. They probably would have taken it down whether or not the NFL said anything.

chewy-bacca
10-29-2006, 09:15 PM
google bought you tube, so they have to be legit. It sucks b\c it will remove everything that was cool about the site. I guess all good things must come to an end.

chewy-bacca
10-29-2006, 09:16 PM
My suspicion is that since Google owns YouTube now, they're going to be a lot harsher on copyright infringement issues. They probably would have taken it down whether or not the NFL said anything.

:whist:

billy_oliver880
10-29-2006, 09:18 PM
Youtube is going to lose all the good stuff for sure now that they are under control of google.

packers11
10-29-2006, 09:23 PM
I hope that packer fan turns up somewhere else..... HIS vids were by far the best highlights of the packer games.... NFL.com has like 2 min vids... BOOOOOO :no:

Brando19
10-29-2006, 09:26 PM
NFL.com has a couple minutes of highlights from the Packers/Cardinals game today.
http://nfl.com/video

cheese_man
10-30-2006, 10:29 AM
so you cant make anymore highlights videos or is it you cant see anymore

GBRulz
10-30-2006, 10:35 AM
cheese man - basically, anything that contains copyrighted material is going to be removed. Google would be a huge target for infringement lawsuits if they left that stuff intact.

It's only a matter of time before another site like youtube pops up though.

cheese_man
10-30-2006, 10:36 AM
so theres no highlights this week, or are you guys working on one

Partial
10-30-2006, 10:58 AM
Youtube is going to lose all the good stuff for sure now that they are under control of google.

Nah, the google has nothing to do with it. I would say that the biggest thing is now that YouTube is one of the most searched for sites on the internet, companies are going to want to get paid for their content being viewed by millions of people. This started happening before the acquisition, and I expect it to continue. DMCA is pretty much the dumbest thing ever.

Partial
10-30-2006, 10:59 AM
cheese man - basically, anything that contains copyrighted material is going to be removed. Google would be a huge target for infringement lawsuits if they left that stuff intact.

It's only a matter of time before another site like youtube pops up though.

There's like 10 of them already. MySpace is going to start pushing their video feature more and more, but it won't catch on. The reason that YouTube is so much better than all the rest is that it has a great community feel to it with user profiles, forums, favorites, comments, etc.

Partial
10-30-2006, 11:02 AM
google bought you tube, so they have to be legit. It sucks b\c it will remove everything that was cool about the site. I guess all good things must come to an end.

Why all the google hate? Are you all aware that google has continually bought companies that charge for services, turned them around, improved them, and made them free?

Gmail - amazing
goffice - amazing
gcalender - amazing
googuntu - I can only hope *skeet*
google desktop search - amazing
and the list goes on and on.

This has very little to do with Google. If anything, Google will make it better because Google has the money to pay companies royalities for their content, money that YouTube does not have.

GBRulz
10-30-2006, 11:10 AM
I will agree with you about the DCMA. Talk about destroying fair use.