PDA

View Full Version : Brett Finally Learns

MJZiggy
10-30-2006, 07:51 AM
At the end of his post game press conference, one of the reporters asks if a mention he made of next year was his announcement that he'd play another year. He began by asking what he said that made the reporter ask that and then said "I'm a Packer, right now. Next year's a long way away. I'm still here, I'm still standing and I'm not gonna get into that."

Yay Brett!!

Did we ever have a thread predicting when the first retirement question was gonna come? Oct. 29.

mraynrand
10-30-2006, 07:54 AM
Next Question

Scott Campbell
10-30-2006, 08:15 AM
At the end of his post game press conference, one of the reporters asks if a mention he made of next year was his announcement that he'd play another year. He began by asking what he said that made the reporter ask that and then said "I'm a Packer, right now. Next year's a long way away. I'm still here, I'm still standing and I'm not gonna get into that."

Yay Brett!!

Did we ever have a thread predicting when the first retirement question was gonna come? Oct. 29.

He dismissed it pretty easily. Which means he could have been doing this all along. I think he brought much of that retirement attention on himself, and he finally tired of it.

Noodle
10-30-2006, 09:14 AM
Let's see -- 3 games in a row without a pick, a Lambeau Leap, and now putting the Kibosh on the retirement talk. I'd say Favre is proving that old dogs can still learn a few things.

PackerTimer
10-30-2006, 10:37 AM
"We're not that good of a football team," he said. "We can be. Whether it's this year, whether it's next year, I don't know. But aside from the Chicago game we had an opportunity to win every game."

i really have no idea what this means and i don't really want to read hidden meaning into it, but what the hell i'm gonna do it anyways. it sure does sound like he's including himself in with next years team.

MJZiggy
10-30-2006, 10:43 AM
That's the quote that prompted the question.

ahaha
10-30-2006, 10:48 AM
Brett loves the game too much to quit, if he thinks he can still play. Unless the Pack, and Brett's performance, take a nosedive in the second half of the season, he will be back.

packinpatland
10-30-2006, 10:50 AM

Yay Brett!!

He dismissed it pretty easily. Which means he could have been doing this all along. I think he brought much of that retirement attention on himself, and he finally tired of it.

Enough Scott, just shut up about the attention thing. I never did think that Favre initiated any of the retirement talk for the attention. His only fault is that he's an honest man.

Willard
10-30-2006, 10:57 AM
Steve Young was right when he suggested that the only time a player should publicly mention retirement is at his press conference announcing his retirement.

VegasPackFan
10-30-2006, 11:27 PM
I actually thought it may have come from his press conference regarding Koren Robinson. At one poiint I think he said somthing like he hopes Koren comes back to the Packers next year. I thought to myself that the way he said it implied that he would be there and would want Koren there with him.

Does anyone remember that comment?