PDA

View Full Version : WTMJ LANCE ALLEN PACKER REPORT; AGREE WITH TT OR NOT

Bretsky
04-21-2006, 10:42 PM
I listed to this guy often, and he seems to know as much or more than the Packer beat writers and is right on. He stated the following as fact

1. Green Bay turned down the offer of both of Denver's firsts for #5

JUST WONDERING IF OTHERS TAKE THIS TRADE OR NOT ????????????????

He also went on to say GB is enamored with Vernon Davis and choosing between Hawk or Davis will be hard.

b bulldog
04-21-2006, 10:44 PM
B, I don't like him. I think he reads the teleprompter and that's about it. It's truely amazing that 50% of us in here have way more knowledge on the draft, the Packers and the NFL than most of these sportscasters on TV.

Bretsky
04-21-2006, 10:51 PM
B, I don't like him. I think he reads the teleprompter and that's about it. It's truely amazing that 50% of us in here have way more knowledge on the draft, the Packers and the NFL than most of these sportscasters on TV.

Maybe I'm just jealous of the lucky guy for his job; I've listed to him on ESPN local radio a few times regarding his view on Favre as well. I think he's alright knowledge wise. I agree many in here are more educated about the game. The clowns they put on 620WTMJ over the weekend for sports talk are absolute jokes. Every hour I listen to them I can pick out two or three misrepresentations they make.

Harlan Huckleby
04-21-2006, 10:53 PM
his own opinions tend to be conservative and bland. But he's an excellent interviewer.

BTW, Lance Allen & Dennis Krause have similar voices, I get them confused.

HarveyWallbangers
04-21-2006, 11:01 PM

Hell no. We don't need Ahmad Carroll and Nick Barnett. We need a playmaker. The #5 pick has like a 60% of hitting, and hitting big. The #15 probably 35% and the #22 probably 25%.

Bretsky
04-21-2006, 11:06 PM

Hell no. We don't need Ahmad Carroll and Nick Barnett. We need a playmaker. The #5 pick has like a 60% of hitting, and hitting big. The #15 probably 35% and the #22 probably 25%.

I AGREE

I still want GB to go LB LB in round one and two. Would love to see D Jackson or Hodge in round 2 to rebuild that postion for years to come.

But then it's time to add picks, and honestly they might be able to begin the trading game starting in round two and still get Hodge or Jackson. I'd like to see a LB LB OG CB S DL and mix in Brandon Williams in there for some Badger Serenity. Oh, and stay away from the Gophers. Bad Karma

CyclonePackFan
04-21-2006, 11:49 PM
A couple of weeks ago, I was hoping that TT would make this trade. If you go by a value chart, this is a good trade. However, as I looked at it, there isn't a lot of defensive talent at the 15-22 range. We've got a couple of great players at the top, and a lot of early-2nd rounders.

Bretsky
04-21-2006, 11:53 PM
A couple of weeks ago, I was hoping that TT would make this trade. If you go by a value chart, this is a good trade. However, as I looked at it, there isn't a lot of defensive talent at the 15-22 range. We've got a couple of great players at the top, and a lot of early-2nd rounders.

It's a huge gamble to make this deal because you have to hit the right guy with both picks and if you bust on either it was not a good deal. And by the first of Denver's picks, guys like Ernie Sims and Greenway might be gone. If you make the right pick with both players it works, but personally, I want the sure thing. I want AJ Hawk.

Bretsky
04-21-2006, 11:56 PM
MARIO WILLIAMS IN ON THE BEST DAY SPORTS SHOW PERIOD NOW IF YOU GET IN FSN...CHANNEL 29 IN MY AREA

swede
04-22-2006, 12:33 AM
Yeah, I caught that!

He reminds me of Shaquille O'Neal in temperament. I really liked the kid. I sure don't see him sliding to 5 but we can hope.

Partial
04-22-2006, 12:38 AM
B,

do you think DQwell or Abdul are capable of being quality starters? Do you play them in the middle? Will they be more successful then barnett in the middle? Will Barnett be successful on the outside?

I am torn between the backing core, Hali(can't deny his dominance) and davin joseph

Bretsky
04-22-2006, 08:00 AM
B,

do you think DQwell or Abdul are capable of being quality starters? Do you play them in the middle? Will they be more successful then barnett in the middle? Will Barnett be successful on the outside?

I am torn between the backing core, Hali(can't deny his dominance) and davin joseph

All of those would be good picks; if you stay with that pick then Joseph might be the guy, but I think the OG's on our roster are terrrible.

TT could trade down 10 picks, add a 3rd, and probably get D Jackson or Abdul Hodge. I do think they are quality starters.

Then you go OG in round 3, and grab a CB as well. That's my preference. I'm fine if Barnett stays in the middle, but I think if you can get a quality MLB like Jackson or Hodge Green Bay moves him to the outside. If they end up with Hawk, Hodge/Jackson, and Barnett their LBing corp would be set for a long time.

HarveyWallbangers
04-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Nobody knows if Hodge or Jackson would even be good starters. You'd hope so, but they aren't that good. Both have weaknesses--mainly speed. Not sure they'd even fit MLB in this defense as well as Barnett. I'd rather get an OLB with speed like Howard or McIntosh. They have to seriously look at Joseph if he's there. Good value on corners in round 2 also.

Scott Campbell
04-22-2006, 10:30 AM
Nobody knows if Hodge or Jackson would even be good starters. You'd hope so, but they aren't that good. Both have weaknesses--mainly speed.

If last years draft is any indication, TT puts a huge premium on speed.