PDA

View Full Version : Who the heck are those guys?!?!?

Anti-Polar Bear
10-30-2006, 11:24 AM
That wide reciever and that wide reciever and that wide reciever. A bunch of no names, NFL E wannabes ted thompson fucking recievers. Against a better team, we wouldve lost yesturday. Arizona sucks!!!

Ted thomps0on doesnt know how to eveluate talent. Ted thompson doesnt know how to acquire talent. Ted thompson is a bitch!!!!

Rastak
10-30-2006, 11:25 AM
That wide reciever and that wide reciever and that wide reciever. A bunch of no names, NFL E wannabes ted thompson fucking recievers. Against a better team, we wouldve lost yesturday. Arizona sucks!!!

Ted thomps0on doesnt know how to eveluate talent. Ted thompson doesnt know how to acquire talent. Ted thompson is a bitch!!!!

Welcome back Tank!

Partial
10-30-2006, 11:29 AM
They won.

ahaha
10-30-2006, 11:32 AM
I think you picked the wrong week to come back and complain about Thompson.

Badgepack
10-30-2006, 11:37 AM
Tank comes back in with a vengeance.

Not much to stand on after the past two weeks.

Sparkey
10-30-2006, 11:45 AM
Tank must have read my post in which I was wondering where all the TT bashers had gone?

Always nice to read your posts....Adds a bit of humor to my day. :mrgreen:

Ballboy
10-30-2006, 12:04 PM
It really doesn't matter if Arizona sucks, the fact is GB is a young team and every game is a tough game. This is a team we should've beat, and we did.....its as simple as that

This is the NFL, every win is good, no matter who it is against.

mraynrand
10-30-2006, 12:14 PM
APB returns!

APB, are you going to step in and replace Harris if he holds out? Weren't you once a 'shut down' corner. Seems like TT would be interested in you since you're his kind of guy: rookie, undrafted, and out of football.

vince
10-30-2006, 12:21 PM

:eyes:

chewy-bacca
10-30-2006, 12:24 PM
someone needs to move this to the can.

Packnut
10-30-2006, 12:31 PM
I'm all for the glass half full concept, but I really don't get the euphoric tone of the majority here. Am I the only one who has seen our D get shredded by everyone we play? I mean the Cards have NOTHING on offense with their man guy out and no offensive line, not to mention a rookie QB. The drive they had at the end of the half really exposed our D or should I say lack of it.

I can see where the improvment on offense gives hope, but our D has'nt changed since TT took over. There has been NO IMPROVMENT. Our line can't generate any consistent pressure and if you really paid any attention to our blitz packages, well they sure don't scare anyone. Again, we had ANOTHER blown coverage. Manuel has to burn a timeout cause we leave a WR un-covered.

The sad part is that we are so far away from even having a competitive D that it's depressing. Johnson and Brady are gonna complete 75% of their throws against us. If Hasselbeck is back, God help us. Where is this improvment on D gonna come from? Hawk is a good lateral player but how many times have we seen him get smoked when he goes head on like with James yesterday? Barnett is playing as well as he's capable. Poppinga has a long way to go. Harris holds on a 3rd and 25 which is just STUPID and he'll be a step slower next year, not to mention the contract problem. Woodson is ok against the #2 WR but he'll never be a #1 WR cover guy. Manuel is a waste of space and Underwood's injury and lack of experience means no help there. Is Collins in a sophomore slump or were we wrong about him? A lot of questions with few answers...........

mraynrand
10-30-2006, 12:43 PM
I'm all for the glass half full concept, but I really don't get the euphoric tone of the majority here. Am I the only one who has seen our D get shredded by everyone we play? I mean the Cards have NOTHING on offense with their man guy out and no offensive line, not to mention a rookie QB. The drive they had at the end of the half really exposed our D or should I say lack of it.

They did the same thing to the Bears, at least for a half.

But your point is well taken. The D has been shredded by every team, at least in stretches. But there are signs of improvement. Montgomery seems to be playing better. Hawk and Barnett are playing very well, and even Pops is doing well in the 3-3-5 scheme. I still am concerned about Collins struggling when caught in man coverage, and Manuel and Dendy being weak links, but who knows - perhaps Blakmon will steadily improve and push for more PT. There are a lot of places where the D can improve, including just playing better together. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they fare against NE.

esoxx
10-30-2006, 12:46 PM

Welcome back Dr. John Holmes!

Sparkey
10-30-2006, 01:07 PM

I can see where the improvment on offense gives hope, but our D has'nt changed since TT took over. There has been NO IMPROVMENT. Our line can't generate any consistent pressure and if you really paid any attention to our blitz packages, well they sure don't scare anyone. Again, we had ANOTHER blown coverage. Manuel has to burn a timeout cause we leave a WR un-covered.

The sad part is that we are so far away from even having a competitive D that it's depressing. Johnson and Brady are gonna complete 75% of their throws against us. If Hasselbeck is back, God help us. Where is this improvment on D gonna come from? Hawk is a good lateral player but how many times have we seen him get smoked when he goes head on like with James yesterday? Barnett is playing as well as he's capable. Poppinga has a long way to go. Harris holds on a 3rd and 25 which is just STUPID and he'll be a step slower next year, not to mention the contract problem. Woodson is ok against the #2 WR but he'll never be a #1 WR cover guy. Manuel is a waste of space and Underwood's injury and lack of experience means no help there. Is Collins in a sophomore slump or were we wrong about him? A lot of questions with few answers...........

Hey Happy! .... You Jackass!

MadtownPacker
10-30-2006, 01:13 PM
Well hello APB, here is your to-do list. Ignore it and it's back to the hole.

1. Fix the title of this thread

2. Show respect to the members of this forum

3. No more dup accounts

Tarlam!
10-30-2006, 01:42 PM
Too many of us said Beetlejuice..... :bang:

SkinBasket
10-30-2006, 03:11 PM
Against a better team, we wouldve lost yesturday. Arizona sucks!!!

Sorry to break this to you dingle-fritz, but that's the way it works. More often than not, the "better" team wins. So yes, if Arizona was a better team, they quite possibly may have won.

Way to kick off your return with another astounding observation Tank. :idea:

KYPack
10-30-2006, 03:19 PM
As others have noted, Thompson actually is looking pretty good.

Shouldn't you have waited for a week in which GB looked weak and then slagged TT?

Oh yeah, that would've required thought & you are incapable of that.

It's easy to fool a fool, ain't it Tank?

NewsBruin
10-30-2006, 03:45 PM
Methinks the author of the first post is trying to be ironic or reverse psychology or whatever.

Noodle
10-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Methinks the author of the first post is trying to be ironic or reverse psychology or whatever.

If only that were the case. APB is serious. He's insane. But he's serious.

Partial
10-30-2006, 04:26 PM

If only that were the case. APB is serious. He's insane. But he's serious.

Seriously insane.

Joemailman
10-30-2006, 04:58 PM
He's not insane. He's just a troll.

Lurker64
10-30-2006, 05:12 PM
He's not insane. He's just a troll.

The two aren't mutually exclusive you know.

I'm personally convinced that the reason Tank exists is so we can all take joy out of him being wrong.

justanotherpackfan
10-30-2006, 05:12 PM
Time to start up the blog again?

run pMc
10-30-2006, 07:08 PM
Actually, I think TT has doe better with this year's draft class than last year's. With 14 picks, including a Top 5, he was bound to hit on some of them. That said, this team had very little talent last year after the injuries hit...Sherman the GM didn't build depth, and several bad to mediocre drafts later he got Sherman the HC fired.

This will get fixed. It will take time, but it will happen.

So GB has beaten a ARI, DET and MIA...not exactly murderer's row. True. But GB was winless at one point, and you can only play who's on the schedule. Speaking of which, it's about to get tougher, so we'll see how they do.

I agree the pass D is still a mess...but I'm hoping to see improvement each week. It's coming along pretty slow. TT will be shopping for a CB and a S next offseason (draft or FA)...double that if Harris gets traded.