PDA

View Full Version : free agent wish list and offseasn

cheese_man
10-30-2006, 11:36 AM
sign nate and trade al for a second.

sign df and keep kgb as a 3 down guy and if he wants to be traded then trade him for a 2-3 round pick.

i dont think ted would sign him, but mike lewis would be nice but ted want break the bank.

farve come back.

great draft.....

new DEFENCE OF cooridate...

anything missing. please put your thoughts.

Partial
10-30-2006, 11:40 AM
I'd like Michael Lewis, he's a solid player.

They need to find a safety who's forte is coverage and let Collins play in the box. That is what his speciality is.

Bossman641
10-30-2006, 12:07 PM
I would guess that Nate Clements will get the franchise tag again if the Bills can't resign him. Ditto for Freeney.

HarveyWallbangers
10-30-2006, 03:09 PM
I would guess that Nate Clements will get the franchise tag again if the Bills can't resign him. Ditto for Freeney.

Actually, I think the agreement Buffalo made with Clements this offseason came with the stipulation that the Bills can't franchise him next offseason.

No Mo Moss
10-30-2006, 05:57 PM
Clements and Lewis woudl put this defense into the next level.

Bretsky
10-30-2006, 06:00 PM

Agree; both would be very good editions. I really wonder if Manuel is the answer going forward.

Joemailman
10-30-2006, 06:07 PM

Agree; both would be very good editions. I really wonder if Manuel is the answer going forward.

I thought Manuel was an odd fit from the start. He seems to be more a run-stopper than a cover guy. I think Thompson thought that having a veteran along side Collins would help Collins. It hasn't worked out that way.

BF4MVP
10-30-2006, 09:21 PM
Too much season left to be talkin about this, in my opinion.

pack4to84
10-31-2006, 10:57 AM
BF4MVP wrote
Too much season left to be talkin about this, in my opinion.
But having 35+Mill to spend this off season, with this team coming together now. Makes my mouth drool :lol:

Pack_Attack
10-31-2006, 12:31 PM
Ill pass on Lewis... The Eagles benched him for crappy play....

use the money elsewear and not just cause he has a big name...

ahaha
10-31-2006, 02:33 PM
The Packers should seriously think about giving Wells a nice new contract before the season ends. I also think Barnett is high on their priority list for a healthy new contract, despite the presense of Hodge. Maybe give Harris a few new bonuses and incentives. After taking care of these guys, I see Thompson doing what he did last year in looking for a few less expensive free agents that can make a decent contribution. Maybe he goes after one big name like Freeney or Clements if they become available.

Noodle
10-31-2006, 02:48 PM
The Packers should seriously think about giving Wells a nice new contract before the season ends. I also think Barnett is high on their priority list for a healthy new contract, despite the presense of Hodge. Maybe give Harris a few new bonuses and incentives. After taking care of these guys, I see Thompson doing what he did last year in looking for a few less expensive free agents that can make a decent contribution. Maybe he goes after one big name like Freeney or Clements if they become available.

I think this is smart. Take care of your current people -- give a bump to the guys with a couple of years left if they're playing studly, make everybody you want to keep happy with the home cooking. Then, and only then, see if there's a tasty nugget out there on the market. But don't count on it.