PDA

View Full Version : NFC North, stronger than the pundits thought

mngolf19
10-30-2006, 12:37 PM
I don't think I have heard it yet, but the NFC North is much better than we've been talked about this year. Good win for the Pack yesterday, maybe .500 next week. And if the Vikes win tonight, then I'm saying right now that this division is even with NFC South for best in conference. East is way overrated and West just sucks.

This is hard for me to say as well, but if the Pack can win their games (outside of the MN ones) and I think they could, there may be 3 teams from the North in playoffs.

vince
10-30-2006, 12:52 PM
This is hard for me to say as well, but if the Pack can win their games (outside of the MN ones) and I think they could, there may be 3 teams from the North in playoffs.
Wow, mn, that must have been hard... While it was a very nice victory, and the Packers are becoming legitimate - especially from where they've been - I think we really need to wait until the Vikes, Pats and Seahawks come up on the schedule before we can really see the state of the D.

The D has been bad, but it is definitely improving. The O looks to be pretty strong. I like where we're heading, that's for sure.

And you're absolutely right about the North. This also pains me to say, but the Vikes are looking pretty solid. The running game is getting in gear, which will make them tough to beat.

One game at a time...

ahaha
10-30-2006, 01:07 PM
I don't think I have heard it yet, but the NFC North is much better than we've been talked about this year. Good win for the Pack yesterday, maybe .500 next week. And if the Vikes win tonight, then I'm saying right now that this division is even with NFC South for best in conference. East is way overrated and West just sucks.

I agree about the division being better than advertised. But the Packers will need a lot of things to go right to make the play-offs. We already have losses to the Saints, Eagles, and Rams. Those are three teams that figure to be in the play-off race. If, and it's a big if, we win 10 or 9 games, we still might get screwed on a tie-break. If we lose one of the Viking games and the Seattle game, we probably won't have a chance.

Tarlam!
10-30-2006, 01:14 PM
I am sorry to rain on the parade, but NO WAY are we a play off contender. NO WAY!

Maybe 08/09...

I am getting a tonne of enjoyment "watching" the team grow. I am grateful for the coach and the knack TT seems to have at picking up affordable, young talent.

We had a really great win last week, we actually dominated a team for 60 minutes. That was fun. We also won our first back to back in a coupla seasons. That's fun, too.

I love what's going on, but, NO WAY are we contending this season.

mngolf19
10-30-2006, 01:28 PM
I am sorry to rain on the parade, but NO WAY are we a play off contender. NO WAY!

Maybe 08/09...

I am getting a tonne of enjoyment "watching" the team grow. I am grateful for the coach and the knack TT seems to have at picking up affordable, young talent.

We had a really great win last week, we actually dominated a team for 60 minutes. That was fun. We also won our first back to back in a coupla seasons. That's fun, too.

I love what's going on, but, NO WAY are we contending this season.

To be honest with you, I am basing it on the other teams being so overrated. Not going to improve, whereas I think the Pack and Vikes have room to improve.

Tarlam!
10-30-2006, 01:32 PM
To be honest with you, I am basing it on the other teams being so overrated. Not going to improve, whereas I think the Pack and Vikes have room to improve.

I know we'll improve. Just not to the point where we win another 8 games this season.